Chelsea Football Club

Comments

  • Shshj
    12805 posts Has That Special Something
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Guess I’m just talking rubbish then. Having more technically gifted players on the pitch had absolutely nothing to do with the fact you suddenly looked way more fluid and potent than when you had Lukaku up front and he hasn’t scored in 6 games. I thought I was making a decent point but I guess it was just a massive coincidence.

    You're masking assumptions based off one game against the worst team in the league, what do you expect?
  • WryLucky
    6407 posts Big Money Move
    I thought Havertz didn't have the best game tbh, although we were treating him like a target man and he couldn't win the psychical battle with that one Norwich defender that was on him all the time .
  • VVD4
    6457 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2021
    Shshj wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Guess I’m just talking rubbish then. Having more technically gifted players on the pitch had absolutely nothing to do with the fact you suddenly looked way more fluid and potent than when you had Lukaku up front and he hasn’t scored in 6 games. I thought I was making a decent point but I guess it was just a massive coincidence.

    You're masking assumptions based off one game against the worst team in the league, what do you expect?

    Norwich haven’t lost 7-0 to anyone else this season. It doesn’t matter if they are the worst team in the league. You still beat them far more comprehensively than anyone else did, and I really don’t think it would have been 7-0 if Lukaku was playing, tbh. By all accounts, you looked so much more technical and fluid today than you have all season. Like it or not, Lukaku does hinder that playstyle.
  • SimenHP
    5464 posts Big Money Move
    WryLucky wrote: »
    I thought Havertz didn't have the best game tbh, although we were treating him like a target man and he couldn't win the psychical battle with that one Norwich defender that was on him all the time .

    He was without a doubt our worst attacker (atleast from the starting 11)
  • SimenHP
    5464 posts Big Money Move
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Guess I’m just talking rubbish then. Having more technically gifted players on the pitch had absolutely nothing to do with the fact you suddenly looked way more fluid and potent than when you had Lukaku up front and he hasn’t scored in 6 games. I thought I was making a decent point but I guess it was just a massive coincidence.

    You're masking assumptions based off one game against the worst team in the league, what do you expect?

    Norwich haven’t lost 7-0 to anyone else this season. It doesn’t matter if they are the worst team in the league. You still beat them far more comprehensively than anyone else did, and I really don’t think it would have been 7-0 if Lukaku was playing, tbh. By all accounts, you looked so much more technical and fluid today than you have all season. Like it or not, Lukaku does hinder that playstyle.

    All big men do tbf (Except for maybe Benzema and Lewa). I'm not going to say Lukaku was my first choice in the summer market (Haaland was), but I find it to early to say he doesn't fit our playstyle. I think our players just need more time to be used to playing with a target man.
  • Pietu
    12130 posts Has That Special Something
    SimenHP wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Guess I’m just talking rubbish then. Having more technically gifted players on the pitch had absolutely nothing to do with the fact you suddenly looked way more fluid and potent than when you had Lukaku up front and he hasn’t scored in 6 games. I thought I was making a decent point but I guess it was just a massive coincidence.

    You're masking assumptions based off one game against the worst team in the league, what do you expect?

    Norwich haven’t lost 7-0 to anyone else this season. It doesn’t matter if they are the worst team in the league. You still beat them far more comprehensively than anyone else did, and I really don’t think it would have been 7-0 if Lukaku was playing, tbh. By all accounts, you looked so much more technical and fluid today than you have all season. Like it or not, Lukaku does hinder that playstyle.

    All big men do tbf (Except for maybe Benzema and Lewa). I'm not going to say Lukaku was my first choice in the summer market (Haaland was), but I find it to early to say he doesn't fit our playstyle. I think our players just need more time to be used to playing with a target man.

    Haaland was never happening though.
  • arsenalap
    13818 posts Has That Special Something
    If you didn't watch the game, then you wouldn't realise Lukaku would have done a whole lot more than Havertz today, who was useless.

    So your point is pretty void tbh, no reason they couldn't put 7 past that Norwich side with Lukaku playing over Havertz.
  • El_Nino
    9813 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »
    If you didn't watch the game, then you wouldn't realise Lukaku would have done a whole lot more than Havertz today, who was useless.

    So your point is pretty void tbh, no reason they couldn't put 7 past that Norwich side with Lukaku playing over Havertz.

    Yah it's crystal clear he didn't watch the game, no point commenting really.
  • finsfan85
    14167 posts Has That Special Something
    @Pietu Its a shame Pukki didn’t show up today
  • Pietu
    12130 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Pietu Its a shame Pukki didn’t show up today

    It’s a shame Norwich didn't turn up today, a striker can't score if he doesn't get the ball but you probably don't know that.
  • Ibte10
    2667 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lukaku would have spun Hanley and definitely would have given him a tougher time. Norwich are just awful. Don’t get me wrong, we looked sharp, but some their defending was embarrassing.
  • Stlducks
    9384 posts League Winner
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Norwich
    Southampton (Carabao Cup)
    Newcastle
    Malmö (CL)
    Burnley

    Our fixtures before the next international break.

    They’ll probably miss most of them which is a shame, especially as these are the games where they could’ve found form. Still, we need to be winning all of those if we have serious intentions of winning the league.

    A lot o 1-0 wins coming if you are down that many attackers. I do not see any of those teams scoring against you unless someone makes a very awful mistake.

    😂

    I was looking ahead. I don’t consider Norwich a PL club to be fair. They are pathetic. Honestly, the league would better relegating them now and bringing up Bournemouth.
  • Stlducks
    9384 posts League Winner
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Guess I’m just talking rubbish then. Having more technically gifted players on the pitch had absolutely nothing to do with the fact you suddenly looked way more fluid and potent than when you had Lukaku up front and he hadn’t scored in 6 games. I thought I was making a decent point but I guess it was just a massive coincidence.

    I get what you’re saying but you can’t take anything away from a game like today. Norwich were so awful that Chelsea could have played half a youth team and won comfortably.
  • Shshj
    12805 posts Has That Special Something
    Speaking of STs, Broja has just scored again for Southampton. Another exciting youngster coming through Cobham.
  • Tornado31619
    32779 posts National Team Captain
    Pietu wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Pietu Its a shame Pukki didn’t show up today

    It’s a shame Norwich didn't turn up today, a striker can't score if he doesn't get the ball but you probably don't know that.

    If it was Ronaldo you’d have been calling him a fraud and been getting on your knees for Messi by now
  • Pietu
    12130 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Pietu Its a shame Pukki didn’t show up today

    It’s a shame Norwich didn't turn up today, a striker can't score if he doesn't get the ball but you probably don't know that.

    If it was Ronaldo you’d have been calling him a fraud and been getting on your knees for Messi by now

    Nah, I don't roll that way. And what I said is facts, as a Ronaldo fan, you should know that.
  • VVD4
    6457 posts Big Money Move
    yosef167 wrote: »
    Currently with +18 GD after 9 games .. second best attack and best defence in league and only United left to play againsts from top 6 .. you are clear Fav for the league for.me

    City are most definitely the favourites, still.
  • Snugglebites
    2943 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lukaku must be heartbroken he missed out on the stat padding.
  • Shshj
    12805 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2021
    Not that it's too important but we're now 7 points clear of 5th.

    This should be the first time we're not involved in that scrappy top four race since 16/17.
  • VVD4
    6457 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Liverpool are currently shivering, this Chelsea side are PL champions 21/22

    Shivering :D
  • Shshj
    12805 posts Has That Special Something
    We went to Anfield and played a half with 10 men & still didn’t concede against this Liverpool side.

    B)
  • WryLucky
    6407 posts Big Money Move
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Liverpool are currently shivering, this Chelsea side are PL champions 21/22

    Shivering :D

    Heard it's pretty cold up there
  • SimenHP
    5464 posts Big Money Move
    Shshj wrote: »
    We went to Anfield and played a half with 10 men & still didn’t concede against this Liverpool side.

    B)

    Yeah I don't know what it is, but they don't really scare me, even though they score a lot against other teams. I think it’s just because of how amazing our defense is.
  • VVD4
    6457 posts Big Money Move
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    We went to Anfield and played a half with 10 men & still didn’t concede against this Liverpool side.

    B)

    Yeah I don't know what it is, but they don't really scare me, even though they score a lot against other teams. I think it’s just because of how amazing our defense is.

    :D
  • finsfan85
    14167 posts Has That Special Something
    The Christensen news comes as a shock considering Fabrizio Romano reported within the past week that the deal was very close and expected to be announced soon.
  • Ashy
    21018 posts Club Captain
    Newcastle need a player like him if they can convince him
  • Shshj
    12805 posts Has That Special Something
    I think he’ll stay, an academy graduate who’s demands don’t seem unreasonable at all.

    Rudiger is the tricky one, although I hope he stays too.
  • SimenHP
    5464 posts Big Money Move
    Shshj wrote: »

    Nothing against De Ligt, but I don't see a reason to change. We have a defense that we know works, so why change it?
Sign In or Register to comment.