The Gifting Wins Thing Is Unfair.

Comments

  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 18
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    EA have made a simple change:

    WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

    Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

    If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

    The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.

    There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

    Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.

    In what way does gifting wins unbalance anything?

    I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

    Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

    The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.

    Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

    It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.

    You’re missing the point where I’ve explained that EA clearly want to make the weekend league LESS competitive.

    Comparing it to the premier league (a somewhat competitive competition) is redundant.

    That isnt true though.

    They have added qualifying this year, which means they want to make the mode exclusively for the best players. Why make the mode for the best players... but then make it less competitive?
  • Seandimes
    3452 posts National Call-Up
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    EA have made a simple change:

    WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

    Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

    If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

    The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.

    There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

    Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.

    In what way does gifting wins unbalance anything?

    I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

    Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

    The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.

    Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

    It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.

    You’re missing the point where I’ve explained that EA clearly want to make the weekend league LESS competitive.

    Comparing it to the premier league (a somewhat competitive competition) is redundant.

    Yeah but thats just a weird thing to want to do.

    Why would they make their main competitive mode less competitive?

    Cause rivals is the main competitive mode now
  • Redlad
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Thuq wrote: »
    Life isnt fair, that should be common sense.

    This is a video game, not life, and video games are supposed to be fair… at least the good ones are.

    Please don’t try to suggest that fifa is fair. The broken nature of the game has made the community very toxic on the whole and I am not going to begrudge anyone getting a free win because someone has gifted them one. Anything non-toxic about this game should be applauded.
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 18
    Seandimes wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    EA have made a simple change:

    WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

    Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

    If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

    The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.

    There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

    Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.

    In what way does gifting wins unbalance anything?

    I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

    Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

    The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.

    Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

    It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.

    You’re missing the point where I’ve explained that EA clearly want to make the weekend league LESS competitive.

    Comparing it to the premier league (a somewhat competitive competition) is redundant.

    Yeah but thats just a weird thing to want to do.

    Why would they make their main competitive mode less competitive?

    Cause rivals is the main competitive mode now

    As I said above that simply isnt true.

    WL now has qualifying, which means that (in theory at least) only the best players get in. If its for the best players, then surely its supposed to be the most competitive mode.
  • Krik
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    EA have made a simple change:

    WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

    Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

    If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

    The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.

    There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

    Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.

    In what way does gifting wins unbalance anything?

    I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

    Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

    The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.

    Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

    It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.

    Okay here's a different analogy for you: everyone should get absolutely equal rewards, because it is unfair that some pack R9, because some pack Strakosha. An absolutely fair game would be boring as hell.

    It's all luck, you were lucky to get / unlucky not to get an opponent who decided to forfeit his match. Get over it.
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    Krik wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    EA have made a simple change:

    WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

    Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

    If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

    The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.

    There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

    Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.

    In what way does gifting wins unbalance anything?

    I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

    Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

    The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.

    Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

    It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.

    Okay here's a different analogy for you: everyone should get absolutely equal rewards, because it is unfair that some pack R9, because some pack Strakosha. An absolutely fair game would be boring as hell.

    It's all luck, you were lucky to get / unlucky not to get an opponent who decided to forfeit his match. Get over it.

    Well I actually agree with that.

    But just because the system was never fair doesnt mean it is ok if they make it even less fair does it?
  • Chet
    665 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Krik wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    EA have made a simple change:

    WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

    Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

    If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

    The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.

    There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

    Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.

    In what way does gifting wins unbalance anything?

    I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

    Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

    The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.

    Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

    It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.

    Okay here's a different analogy for you: everyone should get absolutely equal rewards, because it is unfair that some pack R9, because some pack Strakosha. An absolutely fair game would be boring as hell.

    It's all luck, you were lucky to get / unlucky not to get an opponent who decided to forfeit his match. Get over it.

    Like that World Cup mode from a few years back that lasted two weeks because everyone had R9 and all the other top players 🤦‍♂️
  • Krik
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Krik wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    EA have made a simple change:

    WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

    Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

    If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

    The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.

    There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

    Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.

    In what way does gifting wins unbalance anything?

    I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

    Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

    The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.

    Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

    It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.

    Okay here's a different analogy for you: everyone should get absolutely equal rewards, because it is unfair that some pack R9, because some pack Strakosha. An absolutely fair game would be boring as hell.

    It's all luck, you were lucky to get / unlucky not to get an opponent who decided to forfeit his match. Get over it.

    Well I actually agree with that.

    But just because the system was never fair doesnt mean it is ok if they make it even less fair does it?

    Okay you want absolutely similar players in rewards for everyone (or each rank, doesn't matter).

    What about the gameplay? So absolutely every strike and tackle should work absolutely equally each time for everyone, right? Do you understand that even in the game it's all about probabilities and luck? You can make 10 absolutely similar long shots and some of them will go in, some will miss, some will be parried by the GK.

    What about prices? So prices must be fixed all the time so that nobody is lucky enough to purchase a player cheaper that the others, right?

    FPs must be eliminated, right? It's unfair that someone has more money that the others.

    What about time to play? So we need to limit the time you can spend in the game? That's unfair that people who work can play less than those who don't.

    Man, you're playing the game which is all about probabilities, luck and trying to get advantage by using exploits and ramble about fairness and equality. Try communism if you're into equality so much, hope you don't end up in a labor camp.
  • Stav93
    900 posts Semi-Pro
    Krik wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Krik wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    EA have made a simple change:

    WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

    Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

    If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

    The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.

    There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

    Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.

    In what way does gifting wins unbalance anything?

    I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

    Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

    The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.

    Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

    It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.

    Okay here's a different analogy for you: everyone should get absolutely equal rewards, because it is unfair that some pack R9, because some pack Strakosha. An absolutely fair game would be boring as hell.

    It's all luck, you were lucky to get / unlucky not to get an opponent who decided to forfeit his match. Get over it.

    Well I actually agree with that.

    But just because the system was never fair doesnt mean it is ok if they make it even less fair does it?

    Okay you want absolutely similar players in rewards for everyone (or each rank, doesn't matter).

    What about the gameplay? So absolutely every strike and tackle should work absolutely equally each time for everyone, right? Do you understand that even in the game it's all about probabilities and luck? You can make 10 absolutely similar long shots and some of them will go in, some will miss, some will be parried by the GK.

    What about prices? So prices must be fixed all the time so that nobody is lucky enough to purchase a player cheaper that the others, right?

    FPs must be eliminated, right? It's unfair that someone has more money that the others.

    What about time to play? So we need to limit the time you can spend in the game? That's unfair that people who work can play less than those who don't.

    Man, you're playing the game which is all about probabilities, luck and trying to get advantage by using exploits and ramble about fairness and equality. Try communism if you're into equality so much, hope you don't end up in a labor camp.

    👏👏👏
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 18
    Krik wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Krik wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Chet wrote: »
    EA have made a simple change:

    WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

    Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

    If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

    The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.

    There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

    Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.

    In what way does gifting wins unbalance anything?

    I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

    Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

    The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.

    Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

    It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.

    Okay here's a different analogy for you: everyone should get absolutely equal rewards, because it is unfair that some pack R9, because some pack Strakosha. An absolutely fair game would be boring as hell.

    It's all luck, you were lucky to get / unlucky not to get an opponent who decided to forfeit his match. Get over it.

    Well I actually agree with that.

    But just because the system was never fair doesnt mean it is ok if they make it even less fair does it?

    Okay you want absolutely similar players in rewards for everyone (or each rank, doesn't matter).

    What about the gameplay? So absolutely every strike and tackle should work absolutely equally each time for everyone, right? Do you understand that even in the game it's all about probabilities and luck? You can make 10 absolutely similar long shots and some of them will go in, some will miss, some will be parried by the GK.

    What about prices? So prices must be fixed all the time so that nobody is lucky enough to purchase a player cheaper that the others, right?

    FPs must be eliminated, right? It's unfair that someone has more money that the others.

    What about time to play? So we need to limit the time you can spend in the game? That's unfair that people who work can play less than those who don't.

    Man, you're playing the game which is all about probabilities, luck and trying to get advantage by using exploits and ramble about fairness and equality. Try communism if you're into equality so much, hope you don't end up in a labor camp.

    Again. I agree with everything you have said, although all those things have varying degrees of neccessity to them and not all of them can be removed from the game so easily.

    However, the issue I am talking about in this thread CAN be removed easily, so its not really fair to compare this to most of those things. Even FP arent so easily removed from the game as they are how EA maintain the game for a year. If there were no FP there would be no daily content updates.

    Unlike FP, there is simply no reason for the current WL structure. If they removed points for wins nothing would change other than the gifted wins, and that would actually improve the game.

  • JonesyYo
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 18
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.
  • ICUP
    5818 posts Big Money Move
    .
    BayernBru wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »
    Just copying and pasting something I wrote in another thread about it. Far too late/ early, depending how you look at it, to be typing something fresh...

    "It was great for me tonight as wasn't able to play the rest of the weekend, but it makes a complete mockery of the game. Ridiculous you can literally quit all 20 games and still get rewards and that some people are going to rank considerably higher than they would thanks to quits.

    I think EA will end up changing it to no points if you quit and in all honesty I hope they do. Weekend league needs to be competitive or it's going to become very boring, very quickly. They probably should have added more ranks too (at 6-12, 10-10, 14-6, 18-2 and 20-0.) The current ranks are far to wide and impossible to actually judge someone's ability, while the step between them too large for a lot of people to aim higher."

    Exactly!

    Thank you.

    At least there is one person using their brain while replying to this thread.

    Sadly a lot of people just want the rewards and they want them the easiest way possible. It should be about the challenge, not the rewards. If a change resulted in me getting worse rewards, it wouldn't bother me. I want the competitiveness. I play the game because I want to PLAY the game. I want to earn my rewards. Of course I like the rewards and want to get the best I can, but that's not the key thing. Rewards are also obviously needed to keep people hooked, to keep that competitive edge and to help encourage people to push on, but that shouldn't take away from the key principles of the game.

    At the end of the day, most of us play this game due to our love of football, and we all love football thanks in part to the competitive nature of it on the field. It's weird that people wouldn't want to bring that into this game.

    You want no points for quits which would turn wl into rubber band szn.

    It would be about as boring and stupid as it gets.

    I really don’t know why some people are so desperate about wl being "competitive". Accept that it isn’t. It's a chilled mode that rewards you for playing.

    If you wanna be competitive play some elite div games. If you can't even make it into the elite div you still got a long way to go and definitely don't need wl to be competitive and have another stressful gamemode.

    @Orison I agree on the rubberbanding. EA should have implemented something to stop that ages ago, something like first 30 seconds of movement in 1 direction fine but any 5 second period with no differing directional movement or extra button input should result in an instant disconnection.

    Totally disagree on accepting it being a chilled mode though. There's no way that was EA's intention and there should be competition. And disagree on the basically get good and get into the elite division comment. It's totally acceptable to want fair competition without being good enough for the elite division.

    Sprinting down the wing from a counter about to cross it in and you’ve been dc’ed for running in the same direction for 5 seconds 😂😂
  • BayernBru wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »
    Just copying and pasting something I wrote in another thread about it. Far too late/ early, depending how you look at it, to be typing something fresh...

    "It was great for me tonight as wasn't able to play the rest of the weekend, but it makes a complete mockery of the game. Ridiculous you can literally quit all 20 games and still get rewards and that some people are going to rank considerably higher than they would thanks to quits.

    I think EA will end up changing it to no points if you quit and in all honesty I hope they do. Weekend league needs to be competitive or it's going to become very boring, very quickly. They probably should have added more ranks too (at 6-12, 10-10, 14-6, 18-2 and 20-0.) The current ranks are far to wide and impossible to actually judge someone's ability, while the step between them too large for a lot of people to aim higher."

    Exactly!

    Thank you.

    At least there is one person using their brain while replying to this thread.

    Sadly a lot of people just want the rewards and they want them the easiest way possible. It should be about the challenge, not the rewards. If a change resulted in me getting worse rewards, it wouldn't bother me. I want the competitiveness. I play the game because I want to PLAY the game. I want to earn my rewards. Of course I like the rewards and want to get the best I can, but that's not the key thing. Rewards are also obviously needed to keep people hooked, to keep that competitive edge and to help encourage people to push on, but that shouldn't take away from the key principles of the game.

    At the end of the day, most of us play this game due to our love of football, and we all love football thanks in part to the competitive nature of it on the field. It's weird that people wouldn't want to bring that into this game.

    You want no points for quits which would turn wl into rubber band szn.

    It would be about as boring and stupid as it gets.

    I really don’t know why some people are so desperate about wl being "competitive". Accept that it isn’t. It's a chilled mode that rewards you for playing.

    If you wanna be competitive play some elite div games. If you can't even make it into the elite div you still got a long way to go and definitely don't need wl to be competitive and have another stressful gamemode.

    @Orison I agree on the rubberbanding. EA should have implemented something to stop that ages ago, something like first 30 seconds of movement in 1 direction fine but any 5 second period with no differing directional movement or extra button input should result in an instant disconnection.

    Totally disagree on accepting it being a chilled mode though. There's no way that was EA's intention and there should be competition. And disagree on the basically get good and get into the elite division comment. It's totally acceptable to want fair competition without being good enough for the elite division.

    Well imo it's pretty clear that this was ea's intention. Wl is not a competitive mode anymore. There is no competitive effect attached to it, not even verification. There is no reward for going flawless meaning you don't have to aim for perfection. You literally get rewarded for losing.

    If you aren't even good enough to make it into wl then you have got enough competition in rivals and playoffs. If you are good enough to qualify then you still have some sweaty games in wl and can play rivals. If you are absolutely top tier and smash through wl then the elite div and cash cups are your competition and wl is basically just there to farm some rewards.

    If people used their time to improve instead of moaning they would all qualify with ease, have an ok time in wl with some decent competition on their form and left the game more happy.
  • NicolasPepe
    46 posts Park Captain
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Another car crash of a thread by Rmoxon 😂

    Another pointless comment from sad little You Tuber fanboy.

    This guy eh…I’m 35 btw and by no means a YouTube fan boy.

    Just think you need to get some manners and stop being antagonistic. Nothing you do on this forum is helpful or productive as you are incapable of having a discussion. Surely a ban’s incoming soon as it’s starting to get nasty…again.

    Also, everyone reads your posts properly, they just don’t agree with you.

    Tbf, you can’t just ban someone for being a bit thick…
  • Nickthegreek20
    1753 posts Play-Off Hero
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Another car crash of a thread by Rmoxon 😂

    Another pointless comment from sad little You Tuber fanboy.

    This guy eh…I’m 35 btw and by no means a YouTube fan boy.

    Just think you need to get some manners and stop being antagonistic. Nothing you do on this forum is helpful or productive as you are incapable of having a discussion. Surely a ban’s incoming soon as it’s starting to get nasty…again.

    Also, everyone reads your posts properly, they just don’t agree with you.

    Tbf, you can’t just ban someone for being a bit thick…

    Unfortunately true 😂
  • BayernBru
    1439 posts Professional
    ICUP wrote: »
    .
    BayernBru wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »
    Just copying and pasting something I wrote in another thread about it. Far too late/ early, depending how you look at it, to be typing something fresh...

    "It was great for me tonight as wasn't able to play the rest of the weekend, but it makes a complete mockery of the game. Ridiculous you can literally quit all 20 games and still get rewards and that some people are going to rank considerably higher than they would thanks to quits.

    I think EA will end up changing it to no points if you quit and in all honesty I hope they do. Weekend league needs to be competitive or it's going to become very boring, very quickly. They probably should have added more ranks too (at 6-12, 10-10, 14-6, 18-2 and 20-0.) The current ranks are far to wide and impossible to actually judge someone's ability, while the step between them too large for a lot of people to aim higher."

    Exactly!

    Thank you.

    At least there is one person using their brain while replying to this thread.

    Sadly a lot of people just want the rewards and they want them the easiest way possible. It should be about the challenge, not the rewards. If a change resulted in me getting worse rewards, it wouldn't bother me. I want the competitiveness. I play the game because I want to PLAY the game. I want to earn my rewards. Of course I like the rewards and want to get the best I can, but that's not the key thing. Rewards are also obviously needed to keep people hooked, to keep that competitive edge and to help encourage people to push on, but that shouldn't take away from the key principles of the game.

    At the end of the day, most of us play this game due to our love of football, and we all love football thanks in part to the competitive nature of it on the field. It's weird that people wouldn't want to bring that into this game.

    You want no points for quits which would turn wl into rubber band szn.

    It would be about as boring and stupid as it gets.

    I really don’t know why some people are so desperate about wl being "competitive". Accept that it isn’t. It's a chilled mode that rewards you for playing.

    If you wanna be competitive play some elite div games. If you can't even make it into the elite div you still got a long way to go and definitely don't need wl to be competitive and have another stressful gamemode.

    @Orison I agree on the rubberbanding. EA should have implemented something to stop that ages ago, something like first 30 seconds of movement in 1 direction fine but any 5 second period with no differing directional movement or extra button input should result in an instant disconnection.

    Totally disagree on accepting it being a chilled mode though. There's no way that was EA's intention and there should be competition. And disagree on the basically get good and get into the elite division comment. It's totally acceptable to want fair competition without being good enough for the elite division.

    Sprinting down the wing from a counter about to cross it in and you’ve been dc’ed for running in the same direction for 5 seconds 😂😂

    @ICUP 5 seconds lasts a lot longer than you think, you're not sprinting down the wing in one direction for 5 seconds, but regardless that would only apply after the initial 30 seconds were up. I worded it badly.

    Rubberbanding drives me nuts. Crazy you can get around inactivity by doing it, when its clearly inactivity.
  • JonesyYo
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 18
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

    Well there should be an option just to end WL and collect your rewards when you get the wins you want, as that is what essentially happens now anyway.
  • David12344
    17791 posts World Class
    edited October 18
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

    Well there should be an option just to end WL and collect your rewards when you get the wins you want, as that is what essentially happens now anyway.

    You can win how many you want mate and then let it run out. But people want to collect there rewards ASAP. Which is understandable.

    Tbh It doesn’t affect anyone at all if wins are gifted. It’s not like I’d say for a example I am gifted one and it knocks you down a level and I over take you on a leader board. As orison has weekend league is chilled now and anyone that is good enough for qualifying is good enough for 8 wins.

    This is how ea wanted it and tbf im not really for or against it. Im definitely rewarded better that’s for sure and it takes up less time at weekend which is a plus.


    Yes I miss the competition but hay ho. That’s what the qualifying is for. That mode is thrilling 😂


    To your point. I’m sure you’ll get the rub of the green and get some gifted wins sometimes mate. It’s something we can’t control unfortunately
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

    Well there should be an option just to end WL and collect your rewards when you get the wins you want, as that is what essentially happens now anyway.

    You can win how many you want mate and then let it run out. But people want to collect there rewards ASAP. Which is understandable.

    Tbh It doesn’t affect anyone at all if wins are gifted. It’s not like I’d say for a example I am gifted one and it knocks you down a level and I over take you on a leader board. As orison has weekend league is chilled now and anyone that is good enough for qualifying is good enough for 8 wins.

    This is how ea wanted it and tbf im not really for or against it. Im definitely rewarded better that’s for sure and it takes up less time at weekend which is a plus.


    Yes I miss the competition but hay ho. That’s what the qualifying is for. That mode is thrilling 😂


    To your point. I’m sure you’ll get the rub of the green and get some gifted wins sometimes mate. It’s something we can’t control unfortunately

    There was a guy on here the other day who said he qualified with 5 straight gifted wins.

    I wouldn’t call that competitive.
  • BernaLeo87
    619 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BayernBru wrote: »
    BernaLeo87 wrote: »
    I got gifted 6 wins & gave away 2 myself there is nothing wrong in doing so

    @BernaLeo87 OP never said there was. He clearly said "Firstly I just want to say that while WL is structured in this way, people SHOULD be gifting wins, however…." in his first sentence of the thread.

    We want a fair competitive setting, which this is clearly not. This is not a competition anymore, it's just who can get their free wins the quickest to get their 8 wins, give away their remaining games and get out. That's going to become stale very quickly. The mode needs competition to remain interesting.
    Kingyyy01 wrote: »
    Take the rough with the smooth, I didn’t get any wins handed to be but I gifted 2 when I couldn’t go any higher. Don’t need something first before doing something nice for someone else

    @Kingyyy01 see above.

    Sorry my mistake
  • David12344
    17791 posts World Class
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

    Well there should be an option just to end WL and collect your rewards when you get the wins you want, as that is what essentially happens now anyway.

    You can win how many you want mate and then let it run out. But people want to collect there rewards ASAP. Which is understandable.

    Tbh It doesn’t affect anyone at all if wins are gifted. It’s not like I’d say for a example I am gifted one and it knocks you down a level and I over take you on a leader board. As orison has weekend league is chilled now and anyone that is good enough for qualifying is good enough for 8 wins.

    This is how ea wanted it and tbf im not really for or against it. Im definitely rewarded better that’s for sure and it takes up less time at weekend which is a plus.


    Yes I miss the competition but hay ho. That’s what the qualifying is for. That mode is thrilling 😂


    To your point. I’m sure you’ll get the rub of the green and get some gifted wins sometimes mate. It’s something we can’t control unfortunately

    There was a guy on here the other day who said he qualified with 5 straight gifted wins.

    I wouldn’t call that competitive.

    I mean you’ve given me one example to go on and I can’t disagree with the example given. But what is the issue with that. That guy was lucky, extremely lucky I guess 😂
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 18
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

    Well there should be an option just to end WL and collect your rewards when you get the wins you want, as that is what essentially happens now anyway.

    You can win how many you want mate and then let it run out. But people want to collect there rewards ASAP. Which is understandable.

    Tbh It doesn’t affect anyone at all if wins are gifted. It’s not like I’d say for a example I am gifted one and it knocks you down a level and I over take you on a leader board. As orison has weekend league is chilled now and anyone that is good enough for qualifying is good enough for 8 wins.

    This is how ea wanted it and tbf im not really for or against it. Im definitely rewarded better that’s for sure and it takes up less time at weekend which is a plus.


    Yes I miss the competition but hay ho. That’s what the qualifying is for. That mode is thrilling 😂


    To your point. I’m sure you’ll get the rub of the green and get some gifted wins sometimes mate. It’s something we can’t control unfortunately

    There was a guy on here the other day who said he qualified with 5 straight gifted wins.

    I wouldn’t call that competitive.

    I mean you’ve given me one example to go on and I can’t disagree with the example given. But what is the issue with that. That guy was lucky, extremely lucky I guess 😂

    Well that’s the whole point of this thread. There will be some people who are very lucky quite often and others who are never lucky, and that’s not right really. It’s worse than anything concerning pack luck, as it means that sometimes certain people literally don’t even have to play the game to qualify.
  • David12344
    17791 posts World Class
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

    Well there should be an option just to end WL and collect your rewards when you get the wins you want, as that is what essentially happens now anyway.

    You can win how many you want mate and then let it run out. But people want to collect there rewards ASAP. Which is understandable.

    Tbh It doesn’t affect anyone at all if wins are gifted. It’s not like I’d say for a example I am gifted one and it knocks you down a level and I over take you on a leader board. As orison has weekend league is chilled now and anyone that is good enough for qualifying is good enough for 8 wins.

    This is how ea wanted it and tbf im not really for or against it. Im definitely rewarded better that’s for sure and it takes up less time at weekend which is a plus.


    Yes I miss the competition but hay ho. That’s what the qualifying is for. That mode is thrilling 😂


    To your point. I’m sure you’ll get the rub of the green and get some gifted wins sometimes mate. It’s something we can’t control unfortunately

    There was a guy on here the other day who said he qualified with 5 straight gifted wins.

    I wouldn’t call that competitive.

    I mean you’ve given me one example to go on and I can’t disagree with the example given. But what is the issue with that. That guy was lucky, extremely lucky I guess 😂

    Well that’s the whole point of this thread. There will be some people who are very lucky quite often and others who are never lucky, and that’s not right really. It’s worse than anything concerning pack luck, as it means that sometimes certain people literally don’t even have to play the game to qualify.

    And are you against someone that got gifted 5 wins. I mean how does that make you feel ?
  • sneaky77
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The amount of temper tantrum in this thread holy crap. Stop acting like a 5 yr old not getting their damn way
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

    Well there should be an option just to end WL and collect your rewards when you get the wins you want, as that is what essentially happens now anyway.

    You can win how many you want mate and then let it run out. But people want to collect there rewards ASAP. Which is understandable.

    Tbh It doesn’t affect anyone at all if wins are gifted. It’s not like I’d say for a example I am gifted one and it knocks you down a level and I over take you on a leader board. As orison has weekend league is chilled now and anyone that is good enough for qualifying is good enough for 8 wins.

    This is how ea wanted it and tbf im not really for or against it. Im definitely rewarded better that’s for sure and it takes up less time at weekend which is a plus.


    Yes I miss the competition but hay ho. That’s what the qualifying is for. That mode is thrilling 😂


    To your point. I’m sure you’ll get the rub of the green and get some gifted wins sometimes mate. It’s something we can’t control unfortunately

    There was a guy on here the other day who said he qualified with 5 straight gifted wins.

    I wouldn’t call that competitive.

    I mean you’ve given me one example to go on and I can’t disagree with the example given. But what is the issue with that. That guy was lucky, extremely lucky I guess 😂

    Well that’s the whole point of this thread. There will be some people who are very lucky quite often and others who are never lucky, and that’s not right really. It’s worse than anything concerning pack luck, as it means that sometimes certain people literally don’t even have to play the game to qualify.

    And are you against someone that got gifted 5 wins. I mean how does that make you feel ?

    Well I don’t think anyone should be in WL unless they actually won 5 games to qualify, but I’m not blaming the people playing the game, I’m blaming EA for creating this situation.
  • David12344
    17791 posts World Class
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

    Well there should be an option just to end WL and collect your rewards when you get the wins you want, as that is what essentially happens now anyway.

    You can win how many you want mate and then let it run out. But people want to collect there rewards ASAP. Which is understandable.

    Tbh It doesn’t affect anyone at all if wins are gifted. It’s not like I’d say for a example I am gifted one and it knocks you down a level and I over take you on a leader board. As orison has weekend league is chilled now and anyone that is good enough for qualifying is good enough for 8 wins.

    This is how ea wanted it and tbf im not really for or against it. Im definitely rewarded better that’s for sure and it takes up less time at weekend which is a plus.


    Yes I miss the competition but hay ho. That’s what the qualifying is for. That mode is thrilling 😂


    To your point. I’m sure you’ll get the rub of the green and get some gifted wins sometimes mate. It’s something we can’t control unfortunately

    There was a guy on here the other day who said he qualified with 5 straight gifted wins.

    I wouldn’t call that competitive.

    I mean you’ve given me one example to go on and I can’t disagree with the example given. But what is the issue with that. That guy was lucky, extremely lucky I guess 😂

    Well that’s the whole point of this thread. There will be some people who are very lucky quite often and others who are never lucky, and that’s not right really. It’s worse than anything concerning pack luck, as it means that sometimes certain people literally don’t even have to play the game to qualify.

    And are you against someone that got gifted 5 wins. I mean how does that make you feel ?

    Well I don’t think anyone should be in WL unless they actually won 5 games to qualify, but I’m not blaming the people playing the game, I’m blaming EA for creating this situation.

    See it doesn’t bother me. Good luck to them I say. In fact I wish some of my pals on here that are struggling would get some free wins 🤷‍♂️
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

    Well there should be an option just to end WL and collect your rewards when you get the wins you want, as that is what essentially happens now anyway.

    You can win how many you want mate and then let it run out. But people want to collect there rewards ASAP. Which is understandable.

    Tbh It doesn’t affect anyone at all if wins are gifted. It’s not like I’d say for a example I am gifted one and it knocks you down a level and I over take you on a leader board. As orison has weekend league is chilled now and anyone that is good enough for qualifying is good enough for 8 wins.

    This is how ea wanted it and tbf im not really for or against it. Im definitely rewarded better that’s for sure and it takes up less time at weekend which is a plus.


    Yes I miss the competition but hay ho. That’s what the qualifying is for. That mode is thrilling 😂


    To your point. I’m sure you’ll get the rub of the green and get some gifted wins sometimes mate. It’s something we can’t control unfortunately

    There was a guy on here the other day who said he qualified with 5 straight gifted wins.

    I wouldn’t call that competitive.

    I mean you’ve given me one example to go on and I can’t disagree with the example given. But what is the issue with that. That guy was lucky, extremely lucky I guess 😂

    Well that’s the whole point of this thread. There will be some people who are very lucky quite often and others who are never lucky, and that’s not right really. It’s worse than anything concerning pack luck, as it means that sometimes certain people literally don’t even have to play the game to qualify.

    And are you against someone that got gifted 5 wins. I mean how does that make you feel ?

    Well I don’t think anyone should be in WL unless they actually won 5 games to qualify, but I’m not blaming the people playing the game, I’m blaming EA for creating this situation.

    See it doesn’t bother me. Good luck to them I say. In fact I wish some of my pals on here that are struggling would get some free wins 🤷‍♂️

    I think you just want more bad players in WL so its easier for you. :D
  • David12344
    17791 posts World Class
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    JonesyYo wrote: »
    It’s fair because no one starts with a higher chance of getting a gift. That’s a fact.

    Sometimes probability will work against you it doesn’t mean it’s not fair. WL qualifying is so easy on Friday/Saturday if people can’t qualify with gifts or otherwise they don’t deserve to play the finals simple!

    I agree, which is why you should only get points for wins.

    If I need to be gifted wins to get to the finals then I shouldnt be there, and so if I am gifted wins then I will never know if I deserve to be there or not will I? As I didnt have to win the games.

    It wouldn’t stop people giving away free wins though would it. People will still win say 6 then burn 4 albeit less people?

    Well there should be an option just to end WL and collect your rewards when you get the wins you want, as that is what essentially happens now anyway.

    You can win how many you want mate and then let it run out. But people want to collect there rewards ASAP. Which is understandable.

    Tbh It doesn’t affect anyone at all if wins are gifted. It’s not like I’d say for a example I am gifted one and it knocks you down a level and I over take you on a leader board. As orison has weekend league is chilled now and anyone that is good enough for qualifying is good enough for 8 wins.

    This is how ea wanted it and tbf im not really for or against it. Im definitely rewarded better that’s for sure and it takes up less time at weekend which is a plus.


    Yes I miss the competition but hay ho. That’s what the qualifying is for. That mode is thrilling 😂


    To your point. I’m sure you’ll get the rub of the green and get some gifted wins sometimes mate. It’s something we can’t control unfortunately

    There was a guy on here the other day who said he qualified with 5 straight gifted wins.

    I wouldn’t call that competitive.

    I mean you’ve given me one example to go on and I can’t disagree with the example given. But what is the issue with that. That guy was lucky, extremely lucky I guess 😂

    Well that’s the whole point of this thread. There will be some people who are very lucky quite often and others who are never lucky, and that’s not right really. It’s worse than anything concerning pack luck, as it means that sometimes certain people literally don’t even have to play the game to qualify.

    And are you against someone that got gifted 5 wins. I mean how does that make you feel ?

    Well I don’t think anyone should be in WL unless they actually won 5 games to qualify, but I’m not blaming the people playing the game, I’m blaming EA for creating this situation.

    See it doesn’t bother me. Good luck to them I say. In fact I wish some of my pals on here that are struggling would get some free wins 🤷‍♂️

    I think you just want more bad players in WL so its easier for you. :D

    😂. I’m not fussed ether way tbh. I get 8 and then I’m out anyway.


    I actually like the competition 😆
Sign In or Register to comment.