The Gifting Wins Thing Is Unfair.

Comments

• Simm0
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got rank 1 this week and had no gifted wins, finished 16-2 and gave two wins away at the end. If I get free wins then great, if not then it’s not a big deal.

Focus on yourself and stop worrying about other people getting things the easy way, it’s a game you’re supposed to enjoy actually playing.
  • BeefyRabouter
    5759 posts Big Money Move
    This community just came out of a WL where a large portion glitched their way to 16 wins. Half the community would unplug their own grandma from lifesupport if they thought it'd improve their latency, I don't think we should complain about people gifting wins.

Maybe accept that qualification is the hard part.
  • Nickthegreek20
    1753 posts Play-Off Hero
    Another car crash of a thread by Rmoxon 😂
  • BayernBru
    1439 posts Professional
    Orison wrote: »
    BayernBru wrote: »
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Just copying and pasting something I wrote in another thread about it. Far too late/ early, depending how you look at it, to be typing something fresh...

"It was great for me tonight as wasn't able to play the rest of the weekend, but it makes a complete mockery of the game. Ridiculous you can literally quit all 20 games and still get rewards and that some people are going to rank considerably higher than they would thanks to quits.

I think EA will end up changing it to no points if you quit and in all honesty I hope they do. Weekend league needs to be competitive or it's going to become very boring, very quickly. They probably should have added more ranks too (at 6-12, 10-10, 14-6, 18-2 and 20-0.) The current ranks are far to wide and impossible to actually judge someone's ability, while the step between them too large for a lot of people to aim higher."

Exactly!

Thank you.

At least there is one person using their brain while replying to this thread.

Sadly a lot of people just want the rewards and they want them the easiest way possible. It should be about the challenge, not the rewards. If a change resulted in me getting worse rewards, it wouldn't bother me. I want the competitiveness. I play the game because I want to PLAY the game. I want to earn my rewards. Of course I like the rewards and want to get the best I can, but that's not the key thing. Rewards are also obviously needed to keep people hooked, to keep that competitive edge and to help encourage people to push on, but that shouldn't take away from the key principles of the game.

At the end of the day, most of us play this game due to our love of football, and we all love football thanks in part to the competitive nature of it on the field. It's weird that people wouldn't want to bring that into this game.

You want no points for quits which would turn wl into rubber band szn.

It would be about as boring and stupid as it gets.

I really don’t know why some people are so desperate about wl being "competitive". Accept that it isn’t. It's a chilled mode that rewards you for playing.

If you wanna be competitive play some elite div games. If you can't even make it into the elite div you still got a long way to go and definitely don't need wl to be competitive and have another stressful gamemode.

@Orison I agree on the rubberbanding. EA should have implemented something to stop that ages ago, something like first 30 seconds of movement in 1 direction fine but any 5 second period with no differing directional movement or extra button input should result in an instant disconnection.

Totally disagree on accepting it being a chilled mode though. There's no way that was EA's intention and there should be competition. And disagree on the basically get good and get into the elite division comment. It's totally acceptable to want fair competition without being good enough for the elite division.
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 18
    This community just came out of a WL where a large portion glitched their way to 16 wins. Half the community would unplug their own grandma from lifesupport if they thought it'd improve their latency, I don't think we should complain about people gifting wins.

But thats the point.

Qualification might be hard for one guy all year who never gets a gifted win, where as a different guy might get 5 gifted wins every other week.

Thats just messed up and if you dont think it is then you cant care much about the state of this community.

The fact is that this just shouldnt be a thing in the game. EA need to remove points for losses, and lower the points for each rank, thats all they need to do.
  • rmoxon
    Simm0 wrote: »
    it’s a game you’re supposed to enjoy actually playing.

You sure about that? :D
  • rmoxon

Another pointless comment from sad little You Tuber fanboy.
  • BayernBru
    1439 posts Professional
    BernaLeo87 wrote: »
    I got gifted 6 wins & gave away 2 myself there is nothing wrong in doing so

@BernaLeo87 OP never said there was. He clearly said "Firstly I just want to say that while WL is structured in this way, people SHOULD be gifting wins, however…." in his first sentence of the thread.

We want a fair competitive setting, which this is clearly not. This is not a competition anymore, it's just who can get their free wins the quickest to get their 8 wins, give away their remaining games and get out. That's going to become stale very quickly. The mode needs competition to remain interesting.
    Kingyyy01 wrote: »
    Take the rough with the smooth, I didn’t get any wins handed to be but I gifted 2 when I couldn’t go any higher. Don’t need something first before doing something nice for someone else

@Kingyyy01 see above.

• rmoxon
    edited October 18
    BernaLeo87 wrote: »
    I got gifted 6 wins & gave away 2 myself there is nothing wrong in doing so

@BernaLeo87 OP never said there was. He clearly said "Firstly I just want to say that while WL is structured in this way, people SHOULD be gifting wins, however…." in his first sentence of the thread.

We want a fair competitive setting, which this is clearly not. This is not a competition anymore, it's just who can get their free wins the quickest to get their 8 wins, give away their remaining games and get out. That's going to become stale very quickly. The mode needs competition to remain interesting.

I think this thread has just proven that people dont actually read what other people say before they get angry and attack.
  • BayernBru
    1439 posts Professional
    I got rank 1 this week and had no gifted wins, finished 16-2 and gave two wins away at the end. If I get free wins then great, if not then it’s not a big deal.

Focus on yourself and stop worrying about other people getting things the easy way, it’s a game you’re supposed to enjoy actually playing.

@Simm0 exactly we're supposed to enjoy playing it, but for a lot of us, there was a number of games we didn't need to play. I enjoy the challenge, that challenge was taken away.
  • The_giant616
    1553 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stav93 wrote: »
    Thuq wrote: »
    Just copying and pasting something I wrote in another thread about it. Far too late/ early, depending how you look at it, to be typing something fresh...

"It was great for me tonight as wasn't able to play the rest of the weekend, but it makes a complete mockery of the game. Ridiculous you can literally quit all 20 games and still get rewards and that some people are going to rank considerably higher than they would thanks to quits.

I think EA will end up changing it to no points if you quit and in all honesty I hope they do. Weekend league needs to be competitive or it's going to become very boring, very quickly. They probably should have added more ranks too (at 6-12, 10-10, 14-6, 18-2 and 20-0.) The current ranks are far to wide and impossible to actually judge someone's ability, while the step between them too large for a lot of people to aim higher."

Exactly!

Thank you.

He's not using his brain. He's actually just stating his own opinion about it :)

Which he formed with his brain, unlike some posters in here who didn’t seem to think before they typed.

Honestly dude you're a middle aged fella slabbering at anyone with a difference in opinion to yours at 4 in the morning. Get a hobby. 😂

What are you even talking about.

You’re the one being abusive and you have t even stated an opinion!

Aye mate whatever you say 😂😴 Night night.

Exactly.

You had nothing of value to say, you just came in here and attacked me because I want all players to be treated fairly!

How do you suggest that is made possible?

By removing the points you get for losses. Its not rocket science.

No need to be a prat about it. I asked a question. I don’t even play fut right now, so was genuinely wondering. If you feel that’s the solution you should have put it in your Op. sounded to he like you were itching for some sort of community led answer.
  • rmoxon
    edited October 18
    Thuq wrote: »

Exactly!

Thank you.

He's not using his brain. He's actually just stating his own opinion about it :)

Which he formed with his brain, unlike some posters in here who didn’t seem to think before they typed.

Honestly dude you're a middle aged fella slabbering at anyone with a difference in opinion to yours at 4 in the morning. Get a hobby. 😂

What are you even talking about.

You’re the one being abusive and you have t even stated an opinion!

Aye mate whatever you say 😂😴 Night night.

Exactly.

You had nothing of value to say, you just came in here and attacked me because I want all players to be treated fairly!

How do you suggest that is made possible?

By removing the points you get for losses. Its not rocket science.

No need to be a prat about it. I asked a question. I don’t even play fut right now, so was genuinely wondering. If you feel that’s the solution you should have put it in your Op. sounded to he like you were itching for some sort of community led answer.
    I apologize.

I'm just used to being attacked by people who havent even read what I said properly.

Didnt mean to take it out on you.

And I didnt put it in the OP because I thought it was obvious, but I misjudged how much people love an easy ride.
  • Bob_Bobson
    1494 posts Play-Off Hero

The amazing thing is that it follows the same template as all the others and yet, people still bite.

1: create a nonsense post
    2: reply with insults (that go up to but seemingly never beyond the line)
    3: enjoy

Works every time :lol:
  • rmoxon
    edited October 18
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »

The amazing thing is that it follows the same template as all the others and yet, people still bite.

What you mean like every post youve ever written?

You ever considered that I am not the one who gets in trouble becaue I am not the one who does anything wrong?
  • Simm0
    453 posts Sunday League Hero

@Simm0 exactly we're supposed to enjoy playing it, but for a lot of us, there was a number of games we didn't need to play. I enjoy the challenge, that challenge was taken away.
    That’s on EA though due to how they’ve set the WL up this year.

I think they will change it somehow in the next month or so as it’s not very competitive at all atm, rank 1 is gold 1/elite 3 standard in previous years as it is.
  • Bob_Bobson
    1494 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »

What you mean like every post youve ever written?

You ever considered that I am not the one who gets in trouble becaue I am not the one who does anything wrong?

Haha sure man.
  • rmoxon
    edited October 18

That’s on EA though due to how they’ve set the WL up this year.

I think they will change it somehow in the next month or so as it’s not very competitive at all atm, rank 1 is gold 1/elite 3 standard in previous years as it is.

That is exactly what the point of this thread is.

Yet some people failed to realise this and attacked me without even understanding what I was saying.

In fact I doubt they even read what I was saying, and those that did seem to have a lot of pent up/misplaced rage to deal with.
  • Nickthegreek20
    1753 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 18

This guy eh…I’m 35 btw and by no means a YouTube fan boy.

Just think you need to get some manners and stop being antagonistic. Nothing you do on this forum is helpful or productive as you are incapable of having a discussion. Surely a ban’s incoming soon as it’s starting to get nasty…again.

Also, everyone reads your posts properly, they just don’t agree with you.
  • rmoxon
    edited October 18

Just think you need to get some manners and stop being antagonistic. Nothing you do on this forum is helpful or productive as you are incapable of having a discussion. Surely a ban’s incoming soon as it’s starting to get nasty…again.

Age has nothing to do with being a fan boy.

Most people in life are fan boys of one thing or another. There are just less pathetic things to be fan boys of than FIFA You Tubers.

Ive never been banned for being "nasty" to anyone on this forum and I never will be, as I have never been nasty to anyone on this forum.

So please get a grip and stop acting like a child just because people have differing opinions than you.
  • Chet
    665 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA have made a simple change:

WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.
  • rmoxon
    edited October 18
    Chet wrote: »

WL/champs is less competitive (removal of top 200, more accessible rewards, points based system)

Rivals is more competitive (checkpoints not allowing relegation, verification through elite division)

If you want competitive games do your thing in rivals - you won’t get gifted wins here. If you are motivated by rewards then the WL is your thing. That is the way it is this year, it is extremely unlikely that they change it mid year given the fact that pro players now get verified through rivals.

The gifting of wins has more to do with players wanting to be instantly gratified with rewards. But by adding points for losses the WL is now an exponentially less toxic place and that’s a good thing - I’m all for it.

There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.
  • Chet

There would be no more toxicity than there is now if people could just play to 8 wins, get their rewards and that was it. All the gifting wins does is ruin the balance and fairness of the game.

Also, the community is clearly still rife with toxicity, just look at peoples angry reactioins to this thread, they didnt even try to understand what i was saying, they just attacked.

In what way does gifting wins unbalance anything?

I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.
  • Nickthegreek20
    1753 posts Play-Off Hero

So aplease get a grip and stop acting like a child just because people have differing opinions than you.

Just gonna leave this here because of how much of a hypocrite it makes you sound
  • MrRoadToGlory
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No free wins = community is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and sweaty, free wins = unfair and makes it unbalanced.. its never good!
  • rmoxon
    edited October 18

I believe the complete opposite, decent rewards are now more accessible to a larger proportion of the player base who can qualify for the WL. If you want competitive games play rivals. All that’s changed from previous games is that rivals and WL have swapped places.

Whether it’s fair or not is relative to you, you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

The community is toxic, hence why any changes to reduce that should be welcomed.

Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.
  • David12344
    17791 posts World Class

😂
  • MrRoadToGlory
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Its not fair because like I said, people will not get an equal amount of gifted wins.

It would like be if they had a season of the premier league where certain teams were given 3 free points every other weekend, while other teams were never given free points. It just isnt fair as the teams are not all being treated equally.

Its not fair that I play other opponents than Mr X and maybe I play against someone whose drunk and you play against a pro.. I can go on and on.. free wins it happens sometimes and sometimes your lucky and sometimes you aren't.
  • Chet

You’re missing the point where I’ve explained that EA clearly want to make the weekend league LESS competitive.

Comparing it to the premier league (a somewhat competitive competition) is redundant.
  • David12344
    17791 posts World Class
    The state of this thread 😂😂😂

• rmoxon
    edited October 18

Its not fair that I play other opponents than Mr X and maybe I play against someone whose drunk and you play against a pro.. I can go on and on.. free wins it happens sometimes and sometimes your lucky and sometimes you aren't.

I dont know, I saw Man Utd on MOTD this last weekend and they all seemed pretty drunk to me, so i'd say that is realistic.