Liverpool Football Club

Comments

  • Cyodine
    4130 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 17
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    He quoted me and I based it on City signing Kane and Chelsea signing Kounde :D

    I just love the fact that these two are so worked up about a few Internet strangers not picking LFC as favorites that they mention it after every win. 😁

    This whole conservation is my fault today. I should have known better than to try explaining something to cyodine.

    I didn't even respond to your troll attempts, you Arsenal fans need to settle down.

    How was it a troll attempt? You continue to say people counted Liverpool out. I asked for examples. Don’t worry, your bro took the conversation over for you.

    It was a troll attempt because @VVD4 and I have pointed out examples of others counting Liverpool out of the title race and top four. How many examples is needed before you all admit we have been right all along?

    Honestly, I went on a hike in the morning after I posted and didn't have a chance to respond with any examples. Luckily @VVD4 is a wizard at searching on this site because when I do it, I have to scroll through thousands of rubbish to find anything. So I'm glad my bro had my back.
  • Stlducks
    7776 posts League Winner
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    He quoted me and I based it on City signing Kane and Chelsea signing Kounde :D

    I just love the fact that these two are so worked up about a few Internet strangers not picking LFC as favorites that they mention it after every win. 😁

    This whole conservation is my fault today. I should have known better than to try explaining something to cyodine.

    I didn't even respond to your troll attempts, you Arsenal fans need to settle down.

    How was it a troll attempt? You continue to say people counted Liverpool out. I asked for examples. Don’t worry, your bro took the conversation over for you.

    It was a troll attempt because @VVD4 and I have pointed out examples of others counting Liverpool out of the title race and top four. How many examples is needed before you all admit we have been right all along?

    It’s not a troll attempt because as I have explained IMO saying “LFC will be top four” does not equal counting you out.

    Sure, a few wrote you off. But the majority say Liverpool are contenders. Not a majority have said your’re favorites but most have you top four.

  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 17
    I’m glad it has now upgraded from “no one wrote you off” to “a few wrote you off”.

    I’ll take that small victory.

    If I had the time and energy to go through everyone I have in mind’s history, there is no doubt that would be upgraded to “many people wrote you off”.

    I’m vaguely remembering several posts from certain members I haven’t even quoted yet, like @Ahmer50x, @wth22, @Kman and a few more Chelsea fans as well.

    I’ve not even touched upon quoting the “Klopp’s Dortmund all over again” posts. Those are so, so damning, but I lost my draft when compiling them earlier and I cba to do it all over again. This forum doesn’t make it easy.
  • Cyodine
    4130 posts National Call-Up
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    He quoted me and I based it on City signing Kane and Chelsea signing Kounde :D

    I just love the fact that these two are so worked up about a few Internet strangers not picking LFC as favorites that they mention it after every win. 😁

    This whole conservation is my fault today. I should have known better than to try explaining something to cyodine.

    I didn't even respond to your troll attempts, you Arsenal fans need to settle down.

    How was it a troll attempt? You continue to say people counted Liverpool out. I asked for examples. Don’t worry, your bro took the conversation over for you.

    It was a troll attempt because @VVD4 and I have pointed out examples of others counting Liverpool out of the title race and top four. How many examples is needed before you all admit we have been right all along?

    It’s not a troll attempt because as I have explained IMO saying “LFC will be top four” does not equal counting you out.

    Sure, a few wrote you off. But the majority say Liverpool are contenders. Not a majority have said your’re favorites but most have you top four.

    So can we not bask in joy that we have proven those 'few' wrong? Should we not be excited at our teams success in a thread dedicated to Liverpool? Does it bother our rivals so much that they troll us when we gloat a bit because we were right? What's the point of being a fan if I can't revel in my teams success, especially after the claims that have been made?

    How is your question not a troll attempt, when there have been posts after posts of examples backing up our claims and disproving your claims? just because you keep asking the same questions, does not mean the answer is going to change.
  • Stlducks
    7776 posts League Winner
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I’m glad it has now upgraded from “no one wrote you off” to “a few wrote you off”.

    I’ll take that small victory.

    If I had the time and energy to go through everyone I have in mind’s history, there is no doubt that would be upgraded to “many people wrote you off”.

    I’m vaguely remembering several posts from certain members I haven’t even quoted yet, like @Ahmer50x, @wth22, @Kman and a few more Chelsea fans as well.

    I’ve not even touched upon quoting the “Klopp’s Dortmund all over again” posts. Those are so, so damning, but I lost my draft when compiling them earlier and I cba to do it all over again. This forum doesn’t make it easy.

    I enjoy our conversations. When I see the news and think “no way someone could be like that “ then I talk to you guys and realize it’s possible. 😄

    Can’t wait to hear the “and people wrote us off “ line after every victory.
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 17
    Stlducks wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I’m glad it has now upgraded from “no one wrote you off” to “a few wrote you off”.

    I’ll take that small victory.

    If I had the time and energy to go through everyone I have in mind’s history, there is no doubt that would be upgraded to “many people wrote you off”.

    I’m vaguely remembering several posts from certain members I haven’t even quoted yet, like @Ahmer50x, @wth22, @Kman and a few more Chelsea fans as well.

    I’ve not even touched upon quoting the “Klopp’s Dortmund all over again” posts. Those are so, so damning, but I lost my draft when compiling them earlier and I cba to do it all over again. This forum doesn’t make it easy.

    I enjoy our conversations. When I see the news and think “no way someone could be like that “ then I talk to you guys and realize it’s possible. 😄

    Can’t wait to hear the “and people wrote us off “ line after every victory.

    Is that yet another personal insult I read?

    What a sad world we live in.
  • Cyodine
    4130 posts National Call-Up
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I’m glad it has now upgraded from “no one wrote you off” to “a few wrote you off”.

    I’ll take that small victory.

    If I had the time and energy to go through everyone I have in mind’s history, there is no doubt that would be upgraded to “many people wrote you off”.

    I’m vaguely remembering several posts from certain members I haven’t even quoted yet, like @Ahmer50x, @wth22, @Kman and a few more Chelsea fans as well.

    I’ve not even touched upon quoting the “Klopp’s Dortmund all over again” posts. Those are so, so damning, but I lost my draft when compiling them earlier and I cba to do it all over again. This forum doesn’t make it easy.

    I enjoy our conversations. When I see the news and think “no way someone could be like that “ then I talk to you guys and realize it’s possible. 😄

    Can’t wait to hear the “and people wrote us off “ line after every victory.

    Is that yet another personal insult I read?

    What a sad world we live in.

    “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 17
    Cyodine wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I’m glad it has now upgraded from “no one wrote you off” to “a few wrote you off”.

    I’ll take that small victory.

    If I had the time and energy to go through everyone I have in mind’s history, there is no doubt that would be upgraded to “many people wrote you off”.

    I’m vaguely remembering several posts from certain members I haven’t even quoted yet, like @Ahmer50x, @wth22, @Kman and a few more Chelsea fans as well.

    I’ve not even touched upon quoting the “Klopp’s Dortmund all over again” posts. Those are so, so damning, but I lost my draft when compiling them earlier and I cba to do it all over again. This forum doesn’t make it easy.

    I enjoy our conversations. When I see the news and think “no way someone could be like that “ then I talk to you guys and realize it’s possible. 😄

    Can’t wait to hear the “and people wrote us off “ line after every victory.

    Is that yet another personal insult I read?

    What a sad world we live in.

    “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

    First we get mocked for our age, you have your location picked on, I get accused of being mentally disadvantaged and now we’re literally being compared to criminals on the news.

    But we’re playing the victim.
  • Cyodine
    4130 posts National Call-Up
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Cyodine wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I’m glad it has now upgraded from “no one wrote you off” to “a few wrote you off”.

    I’ll take that small victory.

    If I had the time and energy to go through everyone I have in mind’s history, there is no doubt that would be upgraded to “many people wrote you off”.

    I’m vaguely remembering several posts from certain members I haven’t even quoted yet, like @Ahmer50x, @wth22, @Kman and a few more Chelsea fans as well.

    I’ve not even touched upon quoting the “Klopp’s Dortmund all over again” posts. Those are so, so damning, but I lost my draft when compiling them earlier and I cba to do it all over again. This forum doesn’t make it easy.

    I enjoy our conversations. When I see the news and think “no way someone could be like that “ then I talk to you guys and realize it’s possible. 😄

    Can’t wait to hear the “and people wrote us off “ line after every victory.

    Is that yet another personal insult I read?

    What a sad world we live in.

    “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

    First we get mocked for our age, you have your location picked on, I get accused of being mentally disadvantaged and now we’re literally being compared to criminals on the news.

    But we’re playing the victim.

    All for simply defending our team.
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cyodine wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Cyodine wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Stlducks wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I’m glad it has now upgraded from “no one wrote you off” to “a few wrote you off”.

    I’ll take that small victory.

    If I had the time and energy to go through everyone I have in mind’s history, there is no doubt that would be upgraded to “many people wrote you off”.

    I’m vaguely remembering several posts from certain members I haven’t even quoted yet, like @Ahmer50x, @wth22, @Kman and a few more Chelsea fans as well.

    I’ve not even touched upon quoting the “Klopp’s Dortmund all over again” posts. Those are so, so damning, but I lost my draft when compiling them earlier and I cba to do it all over again. This forum doesn’t make it easy.

    I enjoy our conversations. When I see the news and think “no way someone could be like that “ then I talk to you guys and realize it’s possible. 😄

    Can’t wait to hear the “and people wrote us off “ line after every victory.

    Is that yet another personal insult I read?

    What a sad world we live in.

    “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

    First we get mocked for our age, you have your location picked on, I get accused of being mentally disadvantaged and now we’re literally being compared to criminals on the news.

    But we’re playing the victim.

    All for simply defending our team.

    It’s astonishing.
  • Wyojasond
    17521 posts World Class
    Goddamnit @Stlducks, just had to stir the pot again today didn’t you. 75+ new posts 😂😂😂
  • Argie8
    6714 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 18
    Can’t we have these arguments at the end of the season? This is gonna be a loooooong season if we start making digs every time a team starts doing well/bad. End of the season is gonna be mayhem in here though no doubt haha

    But yeah, if people ruled us out for a title challenge before the start of the season and now they’re saying we are title challengers then I can understand them receiving some criticism, especially considering we’re only 8 games in. Football fans are very reactionary

  • Stlducks
    7776 posts League Winner
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Goddamnit @Stlducks, just had to stir the pot again today didn’t you. 75+ new posts 😂😂😂

    I was in a tree stand most of the day. I had plenty of time. 😄
  • El_Nino
    8847 posts League Winner
    edited October 18
    VVD4 wrote: »
    You asked for it, @El_Nino
    El_Nino wrote: »
    If so I'm predicting nothing more than a top 4 finish for Liverpool.

    Could be wrong ofcourse you did finish the season well, but essentially no additions to the squad outside of Konate is enough for me.

    Oops. Not very ambiguous.
    El_Nino wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    If so I'm predicting nothing more than a top 4 finish for Liverpool.

    Could be wrong ofcourse you did finish the season well, but essentially no additions to the squad outside of Konate is enough for me.

    Seems a harsh assessment even if I am bias

    I mean we’ve literally just shown our overall squad is good enough to get top 4 without any senior CB’s for 81% of the games.

    Season starts tomorrow it’s

    1/2 Liverpool/City
    3 Chelsea


    4 United


    The rest

    Yes you got top 4, and that's why I think you will again.

    But realistically if you don't sign any further improvements and Chelsea and United do I think you could end up behind those teams, and there's no reason to think you'd catch City back up imo.

    I've always been a big believer that in the PL you have to keep constantly improving, because the teams around you always will.

    Oops, you did it again.
    El_Nino wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    No Laca or Auba.. we lost.

    You’re winning tonight, easily.

    About as optimistic as your Liverpool predictions.

    Not as rock solid, but definitely implying that my predictions that we’ll finish top 2 is, as you put it, optimistic.

    I also saw this one amongst the above and had to post it.
    arsenalap wrote: »
    There's an opportunity to take next season.

    City, Chelsea, United should all get top 4. But, we can overtake Spurs imo, and Liverpool.. it really depends on who they bring in and what they do in the summer.

    :D

    That’s in the Liverpool thread only. I cba to go and search other threads, but there were definitely more. Like I said, reading this crap is the reason I signed up in the first place. I wasn’t just making it up.

    Nothing more than me saying you'll win nothing and finish top 4, something I fully stand by, never once did I say you weren't in the title picture, like I said, playing the victim from ambiguous comments once again, I even make it clear in the first quote I'm not writing you off winning things, I just don't think you quite will.

    "I think, you could" ooft super harsh language writing you completely off there arent I, basically saying your relegation fodder.

    Absolutely no point trying to have rational discussions with you at this point, all you do is jump to assumptions that suit your victim complex.
  • SimenHP
    4606 posts National Call-Up
    What's up with so many people caring about if other people said you won't finish in top 4?

    If someone said we (Chelsea) wouldn't even make it to top 8 I wouldn't care one bit. Everyone have their opinions. We don’t need long debates over it.
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 18
    Edit
    Post edited by VVD4 on
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    El_Nino wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    You asked for it, @El_Nino
    El_Nino wrote: »
    If so I'm predicting nothing more than a top 4 finish for Liverpool.

    Could be wrong ofcourse you did finish the season well, but essentially no additions to the squad outside of Konate is enough for me.

    Oops. Not very ambiguous.
    El_Nino wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    If so I'm predicting nothing more than a top 4 finish for Liverpool.

    Could be wrong ofcourse you did finish the season well, but essentially no additions to the squad outside of Konate is enough for me.

    Seems a harsh assessment even if I am bias

    I mean we’ve literally just shown our overall squad is good enough to get top 4 without any senior CB’s for 81% of the games.

    Season starts tomorrow it’s

    1/2 Liverpool/City
    3 Chelsea


    4 United


    The rest

    Yes you got top 4, and that's why I think you will again.

    But realistically if you don't sign any further improvements and Chelsea and United do I think you could end up behind those teams, and there's no reason to think you'd catch City back up imo.

    I've always been a big believer that in the PL you have to keep constantly improving, because the teams around you always will.

    Oops, you did it again.
    El_Nino wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    No Laca or Auba.. we lost.

    You’re winning tonight, easily.

    About as optimistic as your Liverpool predictions.

    Not as rock solid, but definitely implying that my predictions that we’ll finish top 2 is, as you put it, optimistic.

    I also saw this one amongst the above and had to post it.
    arsenalap wrote: »
    There's an opportunity to take next season.

    City, Chelsea, United should all get top 4. But, we can overtake Spurs imo, and Liverpool.. it really depends on who they bring in and what they do in the summer.

    :D

    That’s in the Liverpool thread only. I cba to go and search other threads, but there were definitely more. Like I said, reading this crap is the reason I signed up in the first place. I wasn’t just making it up.

    Nothing more than me saying you'll win nothing and finish top 4, something I fully stand by, never once did I say you weren't in the title picture, like I said, playing the victim from ambiguous comments once again, I even make it clear in the first quote I'm not writing you off winning things, I just don't think you quite will.

    "I think, you could" ooft super harsh language writing you completely off there arent I, basically saying your relegation fodder.

    Absolutely no point trying to have rational discussions with you at this point, all you do is jump to assumptions that suit your victim complex.

    Oh, wow.
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 18
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Now to get this thread back on track! I'm still in awe about us demolishing Watford yesterday, I just knew it was coming and hopefully we can do the same against Atleti/United. So glad to see Bobby get a hatty after being under constant ridicule from our rivals.

    I think ourselves and City have been far and away the most impressive teams to watch so far this season out of the "top 4". City have that first game loss against Spurs letting them down a bit, and we've got a couple of draws that we maybe should have won, but overall, the football has been so exciting and pleasing to the eye from ourselves, and City have been City.

    United have been shambolic. I've caught them about 4-5 times this season, and each time, I've been in genuine disbelief at how teams can just pass the ball right through them effortlessly, and how lazy the front line is, defensively.

    Chelsea are doing well results-wise, but the performances are deeply concerning, and imo, the playstyle is not entertaining to watch. The xPoints table has them 8th at the moment on Understat and that reflects what I've seen of them so far. I'd be worried/disappointed if it was us playing like that. I personally don't think it is sustainable to keep winning whilst performing so badly, but we'll see.

    Overall, I am extremely pleased.

    Edit: I think we will lose or draw against AM. They are such a bogey team for us and I hate facing them. Not really looking forward to it, I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I expect.

    I think we will destroy United, but I am a little concerned about whether losing to AM might take the wind out of our sails a bit. Hopefully not.
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great to see VVD doing stuff like this again. What a CB.

    giphy.gif
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    FB91WoAXsAAKfuX?format=jpg&name=medium

    Liverpool and City showing their class.
  • Pxul_
    11607 posts Has That Special Something
    Ben Foster on Mo Salah:

    “There are times when he gets the ball that as a goalkeeper he just worries you. He can do anything. Go inside, outside, drop a shoulder and his movement is incredible, and his work-rate.”

    “That is the bit I like the most. The fact he is so willing to run and so willing to work and it is a rare quality in a player that has all the other attributes as well."

    “He can do anything: go inside, outside, drop a shoulder, his movement is incredible. As a keeper you think, 'Oh my God, don't let him shoot.’ I wouldn't disagree with Klopp's assessment that he is one of the best players in the world at the moment.”
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Ben Foster on Mo Salah:

    “There are times when he gets the ball that as a goalkeeper he just worries you. He can do anything. Go inside, outside, drop a shoulder and his movement is incredible, and his work-rate.”

    “That is the bit I like the most. The fact he is so willing to run and so willing to work and it is a rare quality in a player that has all the other attributes as well."

    “He can do anything: go inside, outside, drop a shoulder, his movement is incredible. As a keeper you think, 'Oh my God, don't let him shoot.’ I wouldn't disagree with Klopp's assessment that he is one of the best players in the world at the moment.”

    One of the things I enjoyed most about the Watford goal was how the final defender lunged in to block a shot, because that's where he shot against City in a very similar move, only this time, Salah fake-shot it back onto his left, and finessed it instead. That unpredictability was one of the best things about him during the 17/18 season, I am so glad he's looking like that player again.
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 18


    It's easy to forget that he was this good in 17/18 as well. Here is a little reminder from that Watford game. 2 insane goals.

    Edit: It is kinda depressing how young and fresh faced he looked there compared to now.
  • Pxul_
    11607 posts Has That Special Something
    Liverpool are the first English top-flight side in history to score 3+ goals in 7 consecutive away games in all competitions. 👏👏
  • VVD4
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Liverpool are the first English top-flight side in history to score 3+ goals in 7 consecutive away games in all competitions. 👏👏

    Unfortunately it will end at 7. I cannot see us scoring 3 against AM :D
  • Cyodine
    4130 posts National Call-Up
    I'm more worried about the AM match than facing United. We just don't have a good history against AM and I hope Suarez forgets how to score against us.
  • El_Nino
    8847 posts League Winner
    edited October 18
    Tbf every reason to be more worried about Atletico, there probably a better team than United right now, although who knows with the state of La Liga.

    With that being said United will set up deep and look to counter you, which is how they play best, not to mention that a big game has a Ronaldo goal written all over it, it's the only reason I worry about them against us.
  • Argie8
    6714 posts Big Money Move
    Wyojasond wrote: »

    If those are his demands then I suspect this will be his last season at the club. That is crazy money
  • Shshj
    9580 posts League Winner
    To be fair, he deserves it. That’s in line with what the other top players are paid. Someone else would pay that without a second thought.

    Who’s your current top earner?
Sign In or Register to comment.