What I think the ‘Road to the Knockout Stage’ promo is!

truegunn3r
12976 posts World Class
edited October 2021
It’s RTTF. EA just broken it down into 2 parts

1. Road to the Knockout stage (RTTKS)
2. Road to the Final (RTTF)

By doing this, they have added an extra layer of upgrades (you get upgrades during group games) but the players won’t start with big boosts. Then RTTF cards will get released after new year who will start with the big boosts like they traditionally do.

I’m assuming all the RTTKS cards that successfully qualify into the knockout stages will convert into RTTF cards. Similar to how the Path to Glory cards converted into Festival of Football cards back in Fifa 18.

And yes the three card types are:

CLRTTKS (Champions League RTTKS)
ELRTTKS (Europa League RTTKS)
ECLRTTKS (Europa Conference League RTTKS)

If Spurs and Roma weren’t in the Europa Conference League then EA might not have even bothered with the ECLRTTKS cards. Do expect a green Son!
Post edited by truegunn3r on

Comments

• apfelmus_maCHer1
    57642 posts National Treasure
    ECLRTTKS
  • truegunn3r
    12976 posts World Class
    edited October 2021
    ECLRTTKS
    Europa Conference League Road to the Knockout Stage
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    Be good if that means they start with lesser players and more upgrades. So like a Loftus Cheek from chelsea. So by the time he gets to knockout he is pretty usable and potential for more upgrades
  • VDog
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sounds good.

But what I think will be a one in form upgrade on the players to start, then another boost if they get to the KO's. The upgrades will stop there and they'll do another set for RTTF in January/February.

Although I wouldnt be surprised if the cards didn't even start off with an upgrade knowing EA.
  • Neal_hmfc
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    VDog wrote: »
    Sounds good.

But what I think will be a one in form upgrade on the players to start, then another boost if they get to the KO's. The upgrades will stop there and they'll do another set for RTTF in January/February.

Although I wouldnt be surprised if the cards didn't even start off with an upgrade knowing EA.

The loading screen states they get an upgrade if they win 3 of their remaining 4 group games and an upgrade if their team qualifies. Based on that nobody will get upgraded until towards the end of November at the earliest, so i'd be surprised if there was no initial upgrade.

My guess would be +2 initial upgrade, +2 for winning 3 of the remaining group stage games, +2 for qualifying.

I don't think these players will continue as a RTTF. There will likely be a new promo with new cards.
  • Fotbal_love_12
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    truegunn3r wrote: »

By doing this, they have added an extra layer of upgrades (you get upgrades during group games) but the players won’t start with big boosts. Then RTTF cards will get released after new year who will start with the big boosts like they traditionally do.

I’m assuming all the RTTKS cards that successfully qualify into the knockout stages will convert into RTTF cards. Similar to how the Path to Glory cards converted into Festival of Football cards back in Fifa 18.

If Spurs and Roma weren’t in the Europa Conference League then EA might not have even bothered with the ECLRTTKS cards. Do expect a green Son!

What about world cup qualifiers
  • jamiemb17
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    More acronyms than Gay Pride
  • Delboy13710
    10188 posts Has That Special Something
    jamiemb17 wrote: »
    More acronyms than Gay Pride

Lol

Lgbtqxyz
  • Delboy13710
    10188 posts Has That Special Something

Hopefully not Son , would love to see some slow burners like Marcus Alonso a few years ago .
  • VDog
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Hopefully not Son , would love to see some slow burners like Marcus Alonso a few years ago .

Great SBC that