What is the point of fut this year?

Can’t grind rivals for better rewards, if you play over the 7 wins games you actually put yourself at a disadvantage by risking to be promoted to an high division from which you can’t drop if you keep losing.

I am literally logging in once a week to get my 7 division rivals wins And play nba 2k for the rest of the week.

They gone too far with this casuals friendly vibe

Comments

• RVN_10
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Can’t grind rivals for better rewards, if you play over the 7 wins games you actually put yourself at a disadvantage by risking to be promoted to an high division

That is the grind for better rewards, very contradicting statement
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    7526 posts League Winner
    Yep me too, i don't know what level i am currently so i'm just slowly going up the divisions by getting the 7 wins per week and then doing something else for the rest of the week, currently in div 4 and slowly working my way up every rewards week but i know i'll hit that wall soon and just be stuck like alot of other people not being able to buy a win
  • Andyh60
    2095 posts Fans' Favourite
    llcg04 wrote: »
    You could play for fun

The grind is the fun, just play normal seasons, clubs or other games if you want "casual" fun.
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    I played rivals last year for enjoyment, rewards and the WL.

I seem to be struggling on all 3 fronts so far!
  • Diddymow
    4846 posts National Call-Up
    Could be the last year so make the most of it. Next year we could be playing "EA Football 23" with teams like Redchester United and Blue Lions with Cristan Rolando upfront.
  • RadioShaq
    19155 posts Moderator
    Could always play for fun.
  • abhreebhu_45
    9523 posts League Winner
    To build another ultimate squad
  • Robertjames86
    1685 posts Play-Off Hero
    You re just raging there's no more self relegating yourself to feast on lower skilled players. Tragic avoiding promotion in case you might have to play someone who might dare try and beat you.
  • RadioShaq wrote: »

Fifa = fun 🤣
  • You re just raging there's no more self relegating yourself to feast on lower skilled players. Tragic avoiding promotion in case you might have to play someone who might dare try and beat you.

Dude are you done? Go take your nonsense elsewhere no one cares about your relegating here this is not about that
  • The change in rival rewards and introduction of the new weekend league qualification killed the grinding
    Factor for me in rivals,

Also no point in playing friendlies if there isn’t a mean to and end at the end of the day you can say play for fun but getting better rewards or grinding for an objective player is what was fun.

Knowing that there is a reward at the ens of it keeps me going

I don’t enjoy playing drop back merchants for the sake of it
  • Phodri
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You all got too much time on your hands ;)
    Gettings 7 rival wins, takes me roughly 12 games in D5.
    Then champs qualification pretty much keeps me busy till friday..
  • RVN_10 wrote: »
    Can’t grind rivals for better rewards, if you play over the 7 wins games you actually put yourself at a disadvantage by risking to be promoted to an high division

That is the grind for better rewards, very contradicting statement

It is nowhere near the way it used to be when you could grind for rank 1 you don’t get rewarded for putting time in the game anymore everyone get the same rewards regardless of how much you grind
  • To play a video game based on football.

Too many loose sight that its just a game. There are no points to games except enjoyment.

Yeah but you used to get rewarded more depending on how much time you put in the game, now you ain’t get any better rewards past the 7 wins so what incentive do you have to keep playing rivals past 7 wins? You are only putting yourself at a disadvantage by getting an hot streak and being promoted into an higher division that you don’t belong to
  • Eisenhardt
    4256 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2021
    To play a video game based on football.

Too many loose sight that its just a game. There are no points to games except enjoyment.

I do miss the days when we just logged in to play a few matches for no other reason than to actually play the game. But if we're honest EA takes a lot of the blame here. They conditioned people to play and grind for rewards and rewards only, and now that those rewards are a bit nerfed the pitchforks are out of course.

Aren't there some milestones for the Rivals season with pretty good packs? You could always grind for those even though the instant gratification isn't there I guess.

On a related note, I think this game could benefit largely from a new game mode where people can "chill" and get a pack or two for their time. Maybe something related to the CL where you only use those blue cards if they re-introduce them?
  • Royalwhite
    927 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2021
    Can’t grind rivals for better rewards, if you play over the 7 wins games you actually put yourself at a disadvantage by risking to be promoted to an high division from which you can’t drop if you keep losing.

I am literally logging in once a week to get my 7 division rivals wins And play nba 2k for the rest of the week.

You can take it as a gesture from EA to let you enjoy other games / other things in life rather than consuming your spare time just on Fifa , however if you’re too much into “ grinding “ and hate “ casuals friendly vibe “ then you can continue grinding your way up the ladder without the fear of meeting tougher opponents , after all the higher the division the better the rewards are will be
    Post edited by Royalwhite on
  • TheMightyBee
    3958 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »

You can do that in normal seasons outside of ultimate team which kind of proves the point, ultimate team is slowly removing the fun features and just becoming a grind for nothing.

I can't believe more people aren't outraged about 400, 2500 and 5000 coins packs being removed, that is such a low move.

Progression is becoming not so fun.

I enjoy playing games and don't care about results but nothing is keeping me on ultimate team at the moment once I've done a few objectives.
  • RadioShaq
    19155 posts Moderator
    I always thought it was more fun in the old days when it was just simple. All the so called fun features have made the game more about everything else and just a boring grind.

Back in the day we just played fifa for fun. I know some have to have the grind and I get why ea adds it for them it’s just to much for me.
  • Soulja
    15 posts Ball Boy
    The new rivals seasons are awful. Rewards are awful and everybody will hit a wall at some point and just become very frustrated with the game.
  • Andyh60
    edited October 2021
    Soulja wrote: »
    The new rivals seasons are awful. Rewards are awful and everybody will hit a wall at some point and just become very frustrated with the game.

You see total opposite here, rivals is excellent, rewards though yes not as good but point im getting at...

Can get all the rewards you like but naff all to do with them and no don't say cr7 sbc. Yes if a 94 and expiry another month then id be all in.
    Utimti, really an 83,84 and 85 squad for an 85, seriously EA how stupid do you think I am dont care if an 83 costs 800 coins, they shouldn't do.

THAT IS THE NUMBER 1 PROBLEM OF FUT 22 !!!
  • TheMightyBee
    3958 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I always thought it was more fun in the old days when it was just simple. All the so called fun features have made the game more about everything else and just a boring grind.

Back in the day we just played fifa for fun. I know some have to have the grind and I get why ea adds it for them it’s just to much for me.

Bring back the single online game with random matchmaking based on team rating.
  • RadioShaq wrote: »

This
  • Hammer316
    3454 posts National Call-Up
    This year they are catering to the super casual. You can win 7 rivals games, qualify for WL then win 8/20 games. Hey presto, you have elite rewards from FIFA21.

I don't mind tbh, it doesn't encourage grinding which isn't healthy we all know it. It will get boring fast though, I can see engagement numbers dropping off dramatically early on.
  • RadioShaq
    19155 posts Moderator
    Single matches with skilled matchmaking would be amazing.
  • hhoverflow
    397 posts Sunday League Hero

Yeah but you used to get rewarded more depending on how much time you put in the game, now you ain’t get any better rewards past the 7 wins so what incentive do you have to keep playing rivals past 7 wins? You are only putting yourself at a disadvantage by getting an hot streak and being promoted into an higher division that you don’t belong to

You are clearly addicted. Perhaps for you would be healthy to take a season off.

You just got into that shady scheme from EA where you are addicted to rewards to have some sense of accomplishment and if there are no rewards you just don't feel motivation to play.

It shouldn't be like that. You should play to have fun.

PS: No shame on that, since the majority of players and people who spend tons of FP are on the same vicious circle too.

You can deny as much as you want, but trust me, one day it will sink and you will wish that you would have realized that earlier.
  • Jfo88
    23100 posts Club Captain
    Cry
  • Raketenbohne95
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Get a job, learn for school, exercise, clean your room, call your grandma without a specific reason... There is so much to do and a week only has 7 days.
    Playing 29 Fut Champions games, 7wins in rivals, a few SB games + trading + daily 6pm content is enough fifa for a week dont you guys think?
  • Andyh60
    Get a job, learn for school, exercise, clean your room, call your grandma without a specific reason... There is so much to do and a week only has 7 days.
    Playing 29 Fut Champions games, 7wins in rivals, a few SB games + trading + daily 6pm content is enough fifa for a week dont you guys think?

Yes at least this takes say 30 seconds of interest atm to be fair!