Defensive AI has GOT to be nerfed!

jplumber
2088 posts Fans' Favourite
edited October 2021
Am i the only one incredibly frustrated that the game consistently bails out players? This has always been an issue in FIFA, but I feel they've totally gone overboard in 22. The number of times I've been in great scoring positions only to a) have the ai miraculously move to block my shot or snake out a foot or b) to have the goalie make a miraculous save is staggering! Of course AI defense needs to be a feature of the game, but they have to reduce its ability to anticipate shots and passes as well as the block radius around ai players. I'm. So frustrated because I'll know I should be scoring more goals and should be rewarded for a well thought out and executed attack!

Comments

• RadioShaq
    19170 posts Moderator
    Just need scoring outside the box. Then if someone packs the box go ahead. It’s not even that defense is that good it’s there is no other way of scoring so why not pack the box.
  • CBB
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2021
    I was literally about to post this . I don’t want to whine but the amount of times my passes get intercepted or go straight to the opposing player when it’s simple pass is ridiculous. AI blocked shots also . It’s Likr they have extended legs
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Just need scoring outside the box. Then if someone packs the box go ahead. It’s not even that defense is that good it’s there is no other way of scoring so why not pack the box.

But EA will patch the finesse shots and literally make it impossible to score vs these drop back sheep
  • RadioShaq
    19170 posts Moderator
    Well yeah ea will listen to the community very few want scoring outside the box.
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well yeah ea will listen to the community very few want scoring outside the box.

The only ones who don’t want scoring outside the box are the people who play drop back depth.

Unfortunately there’s no way to score apart from that as the crossing on Fifa yet again is pointless
  • RadioShaq
    19170 posts Moderator
    Yeah people hate crossing to which is just another reason to pack the box.
  • what3v3r
    1029 posts Professional
    Skill moves are actually good this Fifa, the only thing preventing them from being more used is the second man press. If you nerf AI defending it will be Fifa 22 again
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2021
    ProfanPes wrote: »

The only ones who don’t want scoring outside the box are the people who play drop back depth.

No, they aren't. I play balanced and my defence is at 55 depth. Timed finesse from outside of the box sucks in its current state.

Most FIFA players are too dumb to realise when there's space in a defence, because they're too busy trying to run the same exploits over and over. We all cry about AI defending and overpowered keepers, but the sad fact is that if EA turned the defenders into statues, these people STILL wouldn't be able to craft a "decent chance" because they think that "decent chance" means "got the ball in the penalty box with two defenders and the keeper stood between me and the goal WHY NO BALL GO IN GOAL THO?!"?"

My defence has more holes in it than a block of Swiss cheese because of the high depth and my lack of ability, and the only goals I concede are timed finesse from outside the box, and long through balls to Werner/Lukaku/Haaland.
    ProfanPes wrote: »
    Unfortunately there’s no way to score apart from that as the crossing on Fifa yet again is pointless

I score plenty from crosses, so I'm not sure what your issue is with it.
  • LSB1210 wrote: »
    My defensive AI doesn't need nerfing. It's nerfed as is just standing around, doing nothing.

This. Midfield is dead for me. Not cutting lanes or putting pressure on my opponent. It's plain dumb. Is it the same on new gen?
  • RichT
    583 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Also when he hits you in the back and 100 miles an hour, knocks the player off balance and his second defender mops up the loose ball.

EA for your information, unless a Man U player does that. It's a foul!!
  • I SiR MartY I
    11488 posts Has That Special Something
    Auto blocks, auto tackle, needs nerfed into the ground.

EA love to nerf attack but keep defensive blocks and aid strong
  • JGDC74
    1106 posts Professional
    Defensive AI should not be nerfed as long as it’s so difficult to tackle. Winning the ball in midfield is almost impossible against even half-decent players. And your tackles either have no effect or the ball goes straight to another player.
    So your only choice is to drop back and hope for a lucky bounce.
  • BernaLeo87
    619 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LSB1210 wrote: »
    My defensive AI doesn't need nerfing. It's nerfed as is just standing around, doing nothing.

• jplumber
    2088 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2021
    BernaLeo87 wrote: »
    LSB1210 wrote: »

I don't know what game you're playing. Is it fun to have even your best efforts destroyed by the so? The Ai, mind you, not your opponent!
  • Nickthegreek20
    1965 posts Fans' Favourite
    Something has to be done about this drop back meta. I’m sick of bad players getting bailed out time and again. Then launch one hopeful through ball to their striker and it’s a goal
  • Hammer316
    3482 posts National Call-Up
    Defensive blocks and interceptions by the AI should be nerfed but I'm not holding my hopes up for it. I just hope they properly fixed MANUAL interceptions. I shouldn't be punished for defending myself instead of letting the computer do it for me.
  • Nickthegreek20
    Hammer316 wrote: »
    Defensive blocks and interceptions by the AI should be nerfed but I'm not holding my hopes up for it. I just hope they properly fixed MANUAL interceptions. I shouldn't be punished for defending myself instead of letting the computer do it for me.

Agree 100%. I lost count how many times I’d set up perfectly for a manual interception and the ball would bounce back to them. Or even my player jump out of the way of the ball. It’s even more obvious that this year is made to help bad players. Takes the ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • sparky692005
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The most frustrating thing with AI defence, is it’s not the base stance for everybody. What I mean is, both players can go in with identical defences, and identical tactics. Yet the AI for both run differently, one will be proactive, the other will be reactive. Which you don’t know what one until either you or the oppo does a though ball etc.
    The amount of times I see a AI leave a player from my team, or not track is ridiculous, yet the other teams AI track perfectly etc. that’s the biggest issue. If it’s all about connection base, the EA needs to improve servers, as I get the issues on a hardwired 20 ping connection.
  • JGDC74
    1106 posts Professional
    Something has to be done about this drop back meta. I’m sick of bad players getting bailed out time and again. Then launch one hopeful through ball to their striker and it’s a goal

Part of the problem is people playing high depth, high pressure. The counter to this is to pack the box and try to expose their defence with all the space behind them. How else do you expect them to play?
  • Kendogg89
    32 posts Park Captain
    EA just needs to fix the server issues, once that is done (I mean if it was done) then all these problems will go away. Most games are decided by who has the better connection, period.
  • sneaky77
    712 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JGDC74 wrote: »

Part of the problem is people playing high depth, high pressure. The counter to this is to pack the box and try to expose their defence with all the space behind them. How else do you expect them to play?

Let's not kid ourselves people would play that way regardless because ea rewards rat play styles
  • CFCHenri
    4422 posts National Call-Up
    IMO auto-blocks aren’t as OP as last year, not even close. Players are bailed out by the keepers more than the defensive AI.
    Of course the AI’s defensive line and drop back in the 18 need fixing (even on balanced and higher depth). They’re OP when overloaded in the box but the advantage is to drive driven passes to your players in the box to score.
  • Nickthegreek20

That is a pile of rubbish mate! They play it because they aren’t good enough to defend without it. A counter for high pressure, sounds like you’re justifying being a drop back rat 😂😂😂
  • I get at least 5-10 shots blocked in the opponents box per game, then my entire team is pushed up the field I get countered with one through ball and they’re through on goal. Do I have to play park the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ bus to be able to counter this ❤️❤️❤️❤️? Seems like you have to become a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in this game in order to fit in.
  • mfmaxpower
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    The only time I have issues with AI defending is if I have a bad connection. The defensive AI is absolutely not OP. Quite the opposite often, with how it drops off too much, gives way too much space, poor CB positioning, etc. Breaking down packed defenses is a different game than the typical counter attack play of FIFA, and if you're playing the same way without different team setups you're going to struggle.

The problem is it's just that much harder when you have any amount of delay or lag.
  • JGDC74
    1106 posts Professional

That is a pile of rubbish mate! They play it because they aren’t good enough to defend without it. A counter for high pressure, sounds like you’re justifying being a drop back rat 😂😂😂

No, they play drop back because it’s almost impossible to get the ball in midfield. Packing the box is the only option.
    And for those complaining about through-balls, they have been nerfed so badly this year that if you are being exposed by them then you simply cannot defend!
    Counter them by bringing your line back (and learning how to defend).

• RichT
    583 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They should nerf it if you use it from the start, or as the main tactic during the game.

Make long balls inaccurate and defenders likely to switch off or give pens away.

Force people to play football.
  • Nickthegreek20

No, they play drop back because it’s almost impossible to get the ball in midfield. Packing the box is the only option.
    And for those complaining about through-balls, they have been nerfed so badly this year that if you are being exposed by them then you simply cannot defend!
    Counter them by bringing your line back (and learning how to defend).

Still no
  • sneaky77
    712 posts An Exciting Prospect
    nerfed? sheeeit is already terrible enough