Do you enjoy not being able to "smash" people you're miles better then....

Tster101
410 posts Sunday League Hero
edited October 2021
...so you have a chance to beat someone alot better then you?

(Obviously with exceptions!)

Old fifa's if you was alot better then opponent you'd could quite easily double digit them if they didn't quit. Seemingly the skill gap is getting worse each yeah with the exception on 19 being alot worse then 20,21. I know alot of causals enjoy the low scoring games and obsess over the "realistic" aspect but forget to mention its a 12min game not a 90min.

So do people enjoy the "could go anyway" gameplay

Does anyone remember fifa 18 pre-patch... goals galore. You'd get punished for every mistake. Defending was a skill but everybody cried saying defending was to tough. patch after patch it got worse.... and then came 19. park the bus meta. So is it what people actually want? I'm confused. Especially with the next gen version of this year basically playing like a default park the bus and quite alot of people enjoying it...

Comments

• Neal_hmfc
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I can see where you are coming from but that hasn't totally been my experience so far. If I am miles better than someone then in this game i've still been able to put 5 past them by 30 mins when they generally quit.
    The frustration this year is when you are slightly better than someone there is more chance of it going either way. It could happen in prior fifa's but not to the same extent with the OP keepers this year, and prior fifa's had more reliable ways of scoring. That has worked in my benefit at times as well winning games that are close but the other player probably edged.
    I can't recall any games i've comfortably been the better player and been annoyed at losing. Certainly no more than prior fifa's. The odd game Mendy has been unbelievable for the opponent but I force a way through, even if i resort to cut backs.
  • ICUP
    6236 posts Big Money Move
    At this point it doesn’t even matter. Game stats have turned into full Celtic V Barca/ Madrid v Sheriff.

Can pummel your opponent with shots upon shots and keepers bails him out. 1 counter from a corner and game finishes 1-0.

I’ve seen some stupid GK saves and some double saves in this game to the point where it’s just like “meh cba anymore”
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Remember them days they were so fun and you were actually rewarded for being better than someone. Nowadays it’s almost impossible with all the BS that happens people always fluke a way back. Gaming has gone that way In general, you’ve only got to look at call of duty adding SBMM to stop you battering people.

To many wet wipes nowadays who will just quit and not actually try to improve their game
  • RadioShaq
    19175 posts Moderator
    I would say fifa people enjoy smashing others by double digits. It’s why last year everyone relegated and this year good players are staying behind pushing bad players up. People are losing 100 games in a row now.
  • Robertjames86
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I would say fifa people enjoy smashing others by double digits. It’s why last year everyone relegated and this year good players are staying behind pushing bad players up. People are losing 100 games in a row now.

Well said shaq. This community wants easy wins and big rewards all the time. If there's an easy option available more often than not they will take it. They don't care if its unfair against lower skilled or beginner players. It's very unfortunate we can't have relegation in the game due to the actions of this playerbase.
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Last year I was always around Div5/6 and struggled to get any higher. This year I am currently in 5 but if relegation was still in place I would definitely be back in 10 with all my losses.

People will say ‘get better’ and ‘improve’ etc but that’s bull in my opinion. Some players are just better, it’s life.

Now rather than dropping leagues, people are just staying out by deliberately not winning. It’s really no different from last year.

Now you get to a stage when season resets and no one will want promotion. The amount of games going to 90mins will just get less and less making the whole rivals process pretty pointless.
  • All4fun1991
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    They need to think of another way to sort out relegation. This one seems to punish everyone and I’m afraid a lot of people will quit before next year..it also exposed how bad some players have been because they’ve never been outside their comfort zone…They should make sure defending and attacking is sorely base on skills, reduce the AI intervention…This will improve everyone’s game including less skilled players.
  • Eisenhardt
    4256 posts National Call-Up
    Tster101 wrote: »
    obsess over the "realistic" aspect but forget to mention its a 12min game not a 90min.

I see this argument thrown around a lot by people. But these people also forget that in this game you can play very precise passes from one end of the field to the other that find their targets more times than not. You can string together 3 or 4 first time passes in a counter and you have a goal scoring opportunity. You can run around all game without worrying about stamina/fatigue. You can perform skill moves that have an unreasonable success rate and viability. In reality you can achieve more in those 12 minutes than you can achieve in a real life 90 min football match.
  • Andyh60
    2107 posts Fans' Favourite
    Actually yes these are the best types of games, knowing you should or do win by say 2-1, 3-1 (having been so so so so much better and yes shoudl be 6 or 7 sort of thing) but yes makes it a good game to play, optimum scenario really. Ok losing not what this thread is about but above is way better than going say 4 up in 20 mins and well that's it given they dont RQ, ok RQ another matter.
  • Brosing
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    People are so addicted to winning! At any cost. It's like you having a gun to your head and MUST win every single game otherwise you cannot enjoy the game.

I do only play the game casually just because of this reason, people do whatever it takes to win the game, including not enjoying the game. How ironic haha =).

Fifa is the only game I do not enjoy competitive, the abuse-mechanic-fiesta + only-meta-is-interesting mentality just makes me vomit and I cba.

Now, I feel like there should be more modes and stuff to do, that is what the game lacks atm. If you want to be fulltime competitive, then there should be a mode for that and if you want to enjoy the content EA puts out in FIFA, there should be more game mods which allows us to explore the whole content. Currently we're using just a fraction of everything.

• SmokeSwift1
    4364 posts National Call-Up
    Casuals like it because they can do next to nothing and keep a close game.
    But I'm in a division 2 it's not fun when every game is close and the only thing that seperates games is one mistake or a lucky bounce. There should be a clear skill gap.
    There should be a second weekend league with less rewards for casuals so we can have a game that rewards skill
  • AlexBear012
    2940 posts National Call-Up
    People enjoy winning so they will try everything to win

They're matched with people of the same level? Oh god no!
  • DIAOdiidasd99d
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Casuals like it because they can do next to nothing and keep a close game.
    But I'm in a division 2 it's not fun when every game is close and the only thing that seperates games is one mistake or a lucky bounce. There should be a clear skill gap.
    There should be a second weekend league with less rewards for casuals so we can have a game that rewards skill

That's a very good idea. Maybe EA needs to take a page out of European Competitions

Football League / Conference
    Champions League/ Europa League

Two tiered system for top players vs. 'casuals' (aka avg/below avg players like myself)

So instead of 10 divisions it would be either a 5/5 split or maybe 10/10 split with distinct reward increase for making it out of the Conference into the Football League, etc.....
  • Robertjames86
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero

Exactly mate this is why the self relegators are raging. Two years avoiding anyone their own skill level now there's a full scale breakdown on this forum.
  • Ballerson
    1358 posts Professional
    edited October 2021
    I play the game because I like to compete and at times enjoy eas complete fake twisted quasi simulation.

I expect a game that’s mostly fair & where the ai or randomness or the ghost in the game are fair — instead its eas bass sitting:

Past recent string of games this has happened:

I am one kick from tap in goal to take 2-1 lead at half, ea blows whistle to end half;

4 89 minute game tying goals vs me by soft dribbling shots or when my defense just freezes or when the red sea ea defense occurs and opens massive ai gap;

I give up a 1 on 4 counter in my 38 depth 4231 w all on stay back —- of course entire d line is above midfield and OPM hits y and hes thru and scores a 1v1 - well done ea!!!

Op gets pk for off ball random ai tackle;

Op scores restart goal while my cbs pick their noses and I cannot switch and then my cbs slooooowwww- twice this has happened;

Offsides is called on 4 goals i score to take lead;

Ops ai trips my cb, op hits y, goal.

I hit post 5 times in a game;

76 pace forwards are running circles and waltzing into my box —-

All this is beyond rtg, it is outrageous and utter 💩…..

How nuked ai gks are should in theory be equal, but my gk has let in such 💩 easy shots while ops have made fingertip Lunging incredible shots to keep them in games—. The gk ais help people who should be losing because it keeps them in the game and increases their chances of getting all the stuff that happens to equalize at end of half or end of game — meaning, the longer they stick around the greater their chances of getting some b s lucky uncreated goal…rebounds are worse, insane outside box desperate shots can go in — its garbage.
  • AlexBear012
    2940 posts National Call-Up

Exactly mate this is why the self relegators are raging. Two years avoiding anyone their own skill level now there's a full scale breakdown on this forum.

I will be honest, this forum for how much i like it can be a joke

I understand being mad about things that need changing, however if you complain every single year no matter what happens... I can't take it seriously

At that point guys, just give up with the game it's not helping your mental health!