Why is everyone leaving in WL

ApeTomato
71 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I swear EA has ruined this mode, its basically qualify>leave all 20 games and get rewards. I miss actually playing for the rewards. Its supposed to be a competition. What was wrong with the past mode? It didnt benefit the noobs?

Comments

• Ily
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What's wrong with now? You couldn't even qualify? Even though the noobs are quitting and giving you the win?
  • ApeTomato
    Ily wrote: »
    What's wrong with now? You couldn't even qualify? Even though the noobs are quitting and giving you the win?

What are you talking about? Didnt qualify? I'm on track to hit rank 1
  • Ily
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ApeTomato wrote: »

Then why are you complaining? If you get one or two free wins you have more games to be challenged
  • Ily wrote: »

Then why are you complaining? If you get one or two free wins you have more games to be challenged

Maybe learn to read? From what he's said, I'd say it's fair to assume that they just paused and backed out before KO, therfor not giving him the win
  • ApeTomato wrote: »
    I swear EA has ruined this mode, its basically qualify>leave all 20 games and get rewards. I miss actually playing for the rewards. Its supposed to be a competition. What was wrong with the past mode? It didnt benefit the noobs?
    haha, so funny, which platform are you on?
  • ApeTomato
    Dmytro82 wrote: »
    haha, so funny, which platform are you on?
    Ps5
  • Neal_hmfc
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    sneaky77 wrote: »

EA didn't ruin it, community is ruining it. They want to open packs for new players but not actually play with those players, makes no sense

This time I’d say it is partly ea with how it is structured. When you have 3 games left, can’t go up a rank but need 3 points then as long as you get a point for quitting it will happen as it is less effort than playing the 3 games. Especially if they need the rewards to upgrade their team at this early stage.
    The only solution is not giving the point for quitting so people are forced to finish games.
  • sneaky77 wrote: »

EA didn't ruin it, community is ruining it. They want to open packs for new players but not actually play with those players, makes no sense

Do you actually know what`s happening with game on PC already for two weaks?
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maybe they got their required wins and couldn’t rank up anymore?
    So instead they help people like you get a couple win
  • ValtorSadek
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's EA's fault, they are responsible for this mess because it was they who designed the mess.

I had a handful of games left and there was no benefit playing them out as wins and going through even more stress because of my points total so I gladly donated them as wins to people.

If that makes me a n00b then fine, but after 1 week of WL and jumping through all EA's hoops to just take part in it, enduring the sweatiest most horrible meta gameplay .... I hope more people donate wins or intentionally make a mockery of this mode because it is pure trash.
  • CheeseSlice
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think people are leaving in general
  • TheMightyBee
    3958 posts National Call-Up
    I think EA have over thought WL and qualifying, they have made it too complicated and long for what it is.

Just let people qualify with ex number of points earned and make it 20 games. It’s far too many games for a video game competition.
  • shadowlee123
    84 posts Park Captain
    yep, let rival points get you in and keep it at 20 games
  • MrRoadToGlory
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think EA have over thought WL and qualifying, they have made it too complicated and long for what it is.

Just let people qualify with ex number of points earned and make it 20 games. It’s far too many games for a video game competition.

It isn’t more games than it was…yes maybe the first time as we al started in div 10. But it is 9 play offs and 20 WL that’s one game less already.
  • Andyh60
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite

The only solution is not giving the point for quitting so people are forced to finish games.

• WallStreetGamer
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good idea.
  • bigpokey24
    5424 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2021
    I actually play fifa to relax, I don't care for packs, don't care if I lose or win. I don't understand how people are so into packs. Come next year another fifa...rinse repeat . The game has too many packs. Just look at the packs about tifos. What has that got to do with actually playing the game.??
  • bigpokey24 wrote: »
    I actually play fifa to relax, I don't care for packs, don't care if I lose or win. I don't understand how people are so into packs. Come next year another fifa...rinse repeat . The game has too many packs. Just look at the packs about tifos. What has that got to do with actually playing the game.??

What? You play fifa fut to relax? Really? How can you relax playing against super expensive team? Fnd specially now - when this game is literally unplayable due to lags/stutering every few seconds as you pass ball or make some skill move. It`s absolutely imposible to stay calm, and the most horrible and disgusting thing is ea ignore threads about it. They literally sell broken game! About what relax are you talking about? And I repeat - even if it run perfectly smooth then anyway playing fut can not be relax. It is money rat race.
  • HullCity1904
    3006 posts National Call-Up
    If you quit games without giving a goal to the opponent, taking an extra 5 secondes of your life, there's probably a special place in hell for you.

• TheMightyBee

It isn’t more games than it was…yes maybe the first time as we al started in div 10. But it is 9 play offs and 20 WL that’s one game less already.

Yeah I meant in general, it’s been too many games since it first game out. People are probably just getting a bit tired of it.
  • TheMightyBee
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

Yeah I just chill and play, I don’t bother being ultra competitive and try to play in a style I enjoy. I enjoy opening packs and doing some SBCs\PPs but I don’t care to have the best team possible.
  • ContraCode64
    3934 posts National Call-Up
    The competition element ends after the play offs. That's the slog, where winning and losing matter. The actual WL is just a free hit for rewards now - it rewards time as much ability for the most part.

In terms of convenience and being chilled, it's great. In terms of being competitive and having something to aspire to (breaking past G3, hitting Elite, trying to crack the top 100, etc) it's dead.
  • DannySTFC
    8310 posts League Winner
    I don’t think it’s EAs fault. Yeah you get rewards if you leave all 20 games, but at 8 wins, which shouldn’t be much of a struggle, the rewards are dramatically better so it’s worth doing.

Also you have to take into consideration that just because people are leaving doesn’t mean they’re quitting all 20. I got to 9 wins with 5 games left, wasn’t going to make 12 wins so I gifted the 5.
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2021
    sneaky77 wrote: »

No EA ruined it. How come they designed a game that attracts people that are more interested in opening packs than in playing?

Think about it. What is the first thing you see when you start FUT? You always see some thing about some reward you can get. So EA turns your focus to rewards and packs.

It could have been a screen saying something like enter the weekend league and see how good your team is.

EA hijacked the worlds biggest sport and made the game into a loot box hell. Time for a redesign…

No, EA hijacked the world's biggest sport and TRIED to turn it into a loot box hell.

And then the players of the game came along and said "Hey! This is fine!" and absolutely allowed them to do it. They drooled for Black Friday. They cried when their rewards were nerfed. They bought superteams with money so that they could look like Billy Big Nuts to their 4 followers on Instagram. They sat there begging for new promos every four seconds because otherwise there wouldn't be anything for them to pack with the FIFA Points they purchased to "save time" or to "give them a bit of a start" or "to catch up." They cried when SBCs started to be made untradeable and carried on doing them the second they dropped. They cried when their rewards were nerfed AGAIN. They got annoyed at Squad Battles, Friendlies, Rivals, and FUT Champs. They hate the gameplay. It's a horrible game. They don't like it. The game plays itself! There's no skill gap! They'll never buy another EA product again!

Then they took out their wallet and paid up for the Ultimate Edition of FIFA 22. Then they realised that they didn't like the format of Rivals and Champs.

So what did they do?

Thassright! They took out their wallet again and absolutely smashed the back doors off their credit card because OTW Messi and OTW Lukaku are in packs with a booming 0.00000000000000000000001% chance of being packed.

I can't even blame EA at this point. I really can't. I used to, but not now. If I came up with a business where my customers get nothing, absolutely hate that nothing, but yet keep willingly giving me money for it, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd be coming out with new versions of it every other day.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    Am I the only one that didn't get a single "leave"? I just had one RQ.
  • chiholam
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Am I the only one that didn't get a single "leave"? I just had one RQ.

Me too. No one left at 0-0. Benefited from a single RQ, which kicked off my 4 W streak to 8 wins, and then I gave 2 wins away.