Xbox series X turning off while playing fut champs

Okocha10
1005 posts Professional
Anyone had this where the Xbox Series X just turns off mid game? Had it happen 3 times now during playing Fifa

Comments

• ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Even the Xbox is fed up of Fifa gameplay 😂
  • Okocha10
    1005 posts Professional
    ProfanPes wrote: »
    Even the Xbox is fed up of Fifa gameplay 😂

😂
  • Villabaker88
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I’ve had this does the screen flash green before powering down? I gave my Xbox a good clean and not done it since so possible it not a fifa related issue
    Try cleaning pal especially around the top grate
  • Scu11duggery
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    Happened to me on the first day of trial on rivals. Hasn't happened since thankfully
  • Kronky
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Had this happen to me a few times with the series X in the last few months. First was when playing the beta, then the latest one was playing the BF2042 beta. I gave it a good clean and luckily no issues since.

I definitely think it could be due to some of these beta's not being well optimized and causing the console to work far harder than it needs to.
  • Okocha10
    1005 posts Professional
    I’ve had this does the screen flash green before powering down? I gave my Xbox a good clean and not done it since so possible it not a fifa related issue
    Try cleaning pal especially around the top grate

Yeah it done that mate showing a flash then powered everything off, cleaned it a few times still happening. Supposedly to do with Xbox Series X & sports games
  • Okocha10
    1005 posts Professional
    Kronky wrote: »
    Had this happen to me a few times with the series X in the last few months. First was when playing the beta, then the latest one was playing the BF2042 beta. I gave it a good clean and luckily no issues since.

I definitely think it could be due to some of these beta's not being well optimized and causing the console to work far harder than it needs to.

Yeah think so as well, I’ve got the day one edition Xbox’s think I’m going to have to send it back
  • Okocha10
    1005 posts Professional
    Happened to me on the first day of trial on rivals. Hasn't happened since thankfully

Touch wood it doesn’t happen for you, happening quite often for me now first time it’s done it on any game
  • Okocha10
    1005 posts Professional
    Just happened to me again! So frustrating, heard it’s a massive issue with Xbox Series X, happening a lot with NBA 2k also
  • Professor
    3701 posts National Call-Up
    So this was happening to me when I just bought the xbox. Xbox kept turning off mid game and it was simply the power cable had gotten loose from the back of the xbox.

Make sure it is well connected. I haven’t had this issue anymore.
  • PaulDr
    2733 posts Fans' Favourite
    Brand new console and yes it happened once to me in squad battles. Quite disconcerting. The thing just instantly switched off, no green screen, no warning. Thought I'd had a mini power cut. This was the series x version of game, not had any issues since switching to old gen.
  • Pewdiepie
    561 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Never happened to me but it did back when I had my one x..just send it to Microsoft before the warranty runs out.