partner for varane that isnt VVD

paul24878306
5549 posts Big Money Move
edited October 2021
All comparative:

Ruidiger - solid but lacks acceleration and agility
Romero - solid but lacks sprint speed and passing (to avoid the press)
Gomez - not as good as last year, lacks strength (v Rudiger) /jumping (v Romero)

Comments

• IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    Kimpembe or Kounde both tanks
  • paul24878306
    Doesnt help, as im runnimg a full epl team.
  • Ily
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Why you don't want VVD? Just wanted to know, is it budget? ( I doubt it if you can afford Varane)
    For your question, Dias is really solid, I had him with VVD and his positioning is fantastic, it makes you forget about the lack of speed. I think he ll fit right with Varane
  • paul24878306
    Had vvd before varane.

Hes brilluant as that eall, but agility and accelration mean if turned hes out of the game.

He suits the low line and pack the box, but not the high line approach.

Dias is the same. Vvd light.

• DVU
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Could you not link Kounde? He is French, you would have Varane next to him, could get Lloris in goal. I have a full prem team but with Kounde and Acuna at LB and inform Bounou in goal in a 4-4-2, ok it only fully works because I have sterling at LM strong linking with Jesus upfront but something like that would be an option.
  • Ily
    @paul24878306 I have my line at 55 sometimes 60, and Virgil doing well for me. How high your line is? Excluding all the names you mentioned, I don't think there is any CB in PL that fit your criteria, I can't think of any other good CB, I m running a PL team myself and don't wanna spend on Varane, so I had to run a hybrid to find a perfect CB to partner VVD for my play style, I looked up every PL CB before switching to hybrid, based on my findings and your criteria, I don't think you ll find what you want in PL
  • paul24878306
    Ily wrote: »
    @paul24878306 I have my line at 55 sometimes 60, and Virgil doing well for me. How high your line is? Excluding all the names you mentioned, I don't think there is any CB in PL that fit your criteria, I can't think of any other good CB, I m running a PL team myself and don't wanna spend on Varane, so I had to run a hybrid to find a perfect CB to partner VVD for my play style, I looked up every PL CB before switching to hybrid, based on my findings and your criteria, I don't think you ll find what you want in PL

75 currently.

Rudiger is a actually very good this year, but his mobility again is the weak point. Gomez and Romero have the mobility but lack elsewhere. Ultimately whoever I use will be a compromise - so a place holder until a suitable IF or I can get Ferdinand.
  • mook76
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rudiger. He's been a rock for me next to dias.
  • Ily
    Your line is very high, I would go with Gomez then, you need really fast player for that line
  • JonesyYo
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    I run VVD & Gomez on 65 think I’m just about getting away with it. Unsure whether to switch to Marquinhos and Kimpembe
  • SimenHP
    5289 posts Big Money Move
    88 pace...
  • Numlocked_
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    Try Ake? Left footed, good acceleration..
  • SkeltonTom
    1764 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maguire. He’s a rock. Don’t @ me ;)