EA & SBC Prices

NicolasPepe
46 posts Park Captain
edited October 12
How do they get them so wrong? Last year was a farce, but this year is arguably worse.

The point of untradeable SBCs are that you get a better card for less cost than their expected market value at the detriment of not being able to sell.

Edits:
Ronaldo for 2.4m when the nif is 1.3, OTW is 2.7 and they gave us 13 days to complete
Wijnaldum at 125k when the nif is 3k
Umtiti for 75k when a Kounde/Militao partnership is 40k
Draft token for 17k
Post edited by NicolasPepe on

Comments

• ThomasApostol
    87 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How do they get them so wrong? Last year was a farce, but this year is arguably worse.

The point of untradeable SBCs are that you get a better card for less cost than their expected market value at the detriment of not being able to sell.

Good point
  • Ledesale
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    player SBCs they have never been a better value than their tradable counterparts so I don't think that was ever the point of them. In EA's thinking you pay more for a limited release card that you can grind towards and use your untradables.

• i2-TempZ-2i
    7113 posts League Winner

If you think a TOTW Ronaldo goes for less than 2.2mil this early in the year then i really don't know what to tell you bud, his NIF alone is 1.4-1.5 depending on the day and his OTW is literally 2.7mil

CR7 is not bad priced overall and ALOT of people would probably do him at a later stage but this early in fifa nobody has the coins to just throw 2.2mil into an untradeable player
  • PabloSB
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I always think that I pay more to have that player for first owner objectives. Thats the way I can justify it 😀
  • Air Diddy
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought SBC prices have been fairly reasonable so far until CR7 that is

And their is no chance EA are going to make it easy to get that card a week into the game specifically when high rated cards are so low
  • Stav93
    895 posts Semi-Pro

If you think a TOTW Ronaldo goes for less than 2.2mil this early in the year then i really don't know what to tell you bud, his NIF alone is 1.4-1.5 depending on the day and his OTW is literally 2.7mil

CR7 is not bad priced overall and ALOT of people would probably do him at a later stage but this early in fifa nobody has the coins to just throw 2.2mil into an untradeable player

Yeah this. I don't know why people expected a 92 Ronaldo in October to be cheap. The Ronaldo SBC is fine, I imagine Mbappe will be similarly priced.

Pedro is expensive, sure, but flashbacks are made as much for nostalgia as they are to be "meta". Koulibaly and Benzema are expensive to build from scratch, but with the amount of untradables available to everyone, you're almost assured to be able to do one, if not both, at half the price.

Talisca and Silva were both fine. We expect too much. They haven't released anything that's been Ox or Lukebakio bad yet.
  • ICE_UP_SON
    1139 posts Professional
    Ledesale wrote: »
    player SBCs they have never been a better value than their tradable counterparts so I don't think that was ever the point of them. In EA's thinking you pay more for a limited release card that you can grind towards and use your untradables.

In FIFA 17 they were fantastic value and they even gave back great packs. I made money on most POTM cards just from the packs. My favorite that year was POTM Hazard.
  • NicolasPepe
    46 posts Park Captain
    Ledesale wrote: »

As other people have said, it was effectively the value of the tradable counterparts roughly 2-3 years ago. POTM VVD, Lucas Moura, Hazard and countless others
  • NicolasPepe
    46 posts Park Captain

He arguably goes for around 2.4-2.8m at this stage. When you’re dealing with players at 2m+ a 300k saving is nothing (10-15%) at the expense of not ever recouping value.
  • NicolasPepe
    46 posts Park Captain
    Stav93 wrote: »

Yeah this. I don't know why people expected a 92 Ronaldo in October to be cheap. The Ronaldo SBC is fine, I imagine Mbappe will be similarly priced.

Pedro is expensive, sure, but flashbacks are made as much for nostalgia as they are to be "meta". Koulibaly and Benzema are expensive to build from scratch, but with the amount of untradables available to everyone, you're almost assured to be able to do one, if not both, at half the price.

Talisca and Silva were both fine. We expect too much. They haven't released anything that's been Ox or Lukebakio bad yet.

Are you aware that between cheap and expensive, there are additional price points?

Coin value isn’t a representation of it being fair, it’s compared to alternatives. With everything so cheap, why would you sink coins into almost any of the untradeables out currently? IF Benz is 60k, the potm is double 😂
  • JRGnHoff
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Who's point is that of SBCs? I'm pretty sure the only point of this game for EA is to make as much money as possible. They seem to be doing pretty good at that.
  • Reggie77
    888 posts Semi-Pro
    26 SBC assignments to get Ronaldo POTM is a joke... I clicked on hoping some were set around the low end 79-82 rated teams but they start at 84 and keep going up!

My team is 83 rated. I was never gonna be able to do the challenge anyway and I'm not expecting a freebie so everyone has him but with 13 days to complete it they may as well not bother.

I'm assuming it is now gonna try and tempt people to buy points and kids asking parents for their credit card haha.

I'm stuck with two untradable 82 cards and there isn't a decent SBC to use them on to get even a decent pack!
  • Greekgod97
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    CR7 is not there to be done. It’s EA saying to early for this card so let’s make it only affordable for the stupid. And during the year there are multiple of these kind of sbc’s People who actually think EA are interested in making this game fun or have a feeling of being proud are wrong. They created their game we bought it, and now all they care about is the FP you will buy.
  • TheMightyBee
    3953 posts National Call-Up
    This is the company that removed 400 coin bronze packs to stop the BPM, does it really surprise you.
  • Jdizzle
    2839 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 8
    The pricing seems worse this year because they have reduced rewards.

Not really sure if they've taken this into account or not tbh.
  • fatELVIS77
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think EA have just lost complete touch with reality. They must look at the content creators and think that is the standard for all FIFA players. They see them completing every SBC that is thrown out and think us normal people can spend 10 hours a day grinding the game. At this point, the highest rated players I have packed are an 87 and and 86, that would probably get me POTM Til, and let's be honest who really wants him?
  • JRGnHoff
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    fatELVIS77 wrote: »
    I think EA have just lost complete touch with reality. They must look at the content creators and think that is the standard for all FIFA players. They see them completing every SBC that is thrown out and think us normal people can spend 10 hours a day grinding the game. At this point, the highest rated players I have packed are an 87 and and 86, that would probably get me POTM Til, and let's be honest who really wants him?

You can say the same for any competitive online game out there. I myself will never get a diamond gun in any cod but it's not the games fault I can't play 10 hours a day
  • Numlocked_
    2355 posts Fans' Favourite
    Basically they F’d up the market so early making high rated players ultra cheap so they have to do another F up (like 26 squads for a potm Ronaldo) to even things out
  • joshyw
    473 posts Sunday League Hero
    Annoying how they’ve gone to untradeable packs from most segments these days, used to love doing SBC’s and making good coin back to reduce the costs
  • fatELVIS77
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JRGnHoff wrote: »

You can say the same for any competitive online game out there. I myself will never get a diamond gun in any cod but it's not the games fault I can't play 10 hours a day

Does a Diamond gun help you compete in COD? serious question I don't play it.
  • Greekgod97
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    JRGnHoff wrote: »

Does a Diamond gun help you compete in COD? serious question I don't play it.

You see it and run the other way. Most of the time it’s to late. Once you see that bling bling, you’re probably to close for comfort.
  • Traphouse420
    685 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Greed, pure greed that’s what it’s all about.

Like why the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ am I going to spend 115k on a Wijnaldum card that may or may not get upgraded and that in space of few weeks there will be promo’s with better cards. Considering the gold card is literally 3k I don’t see how it’s suddenly worth an arm and a leg at this stage of the game.

Yeah fodder is low but still expensive.
  • Stav93
    895 posts Semi-Pro

Are you aware that between cheap and expensive, there are additional price points?

Coin value isn’t a representation of it being fair, it’s compared to alternatives. With everything so cheap, why would you sink coins into almost any of the untradeables out currently? IF Benz is 60k, the potm is double 😂

It's double if you were to build it from scratch sure. But there are any number of untradable packs available to people on a weekly basis so you need to take into account that, for example, the Benzema SBC price isn't a fair reflection of what it would cost most people if they used some of their high rated untradables.
  • llcg04
    804 posts Semi-Pro
    It gets worse every year. Packs are worse and sbcs are more expensive because people made too much coins with trading
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7581 posts League Winner
    There should always be a discount for taking an untradeable card IMO. Always. In my opinion an sbc should cost at most 70% of what the card would be on the market. I think potm cr7 sbc should cost the same as his gold card.
  • NicolasPepe
    46 posts Park Captain
    llcg04 wrote: »
    It gets worse every year. Packs are worse and sbcs are more expensive because people made too much coins with trading

Can’t blame trading - there’s a finite volume of coins in the game - trading just distorts the wealth
  • NicolasPepe
    46 posts Park Captain
    There should always be a discount for taking an untradeable card IMO. Always. In my opinion an sbc should cost at most 70% of what the card would be on the market. I think potm cr7 sbc should cost the same as his gold card.

Couldn’t agree more
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 8
    Actually the point of an SBC is that you get a card with fodder and don’t have to pay outright.

SBCs have always been expensive because of this very luxury and anyone who actually used their brain would get it.
  • NicolasPepe
    46 posts Park Captain

It's double if you were to build it from scratch sure. But there are any number of untradable packs available to people on a weekly basis so you need to take into account that, for example, the Benzema SBC price isn't a fair reflection of what it would cost most people if they used some of their high rated untradables.

“Weekly basis” when Ronaldo and the rest of potm is only available for the first 3 weeks of release…

Also, untradable fodder in your club has an opportunity cost. Who actually has over 200k of fodder in their club anyway?