EA have killed Ultimate Team

hammycfc
1019 posts Professional
edited October 2021
Giving 4600FP to most people at start killed the market

DR is a mess

SB Rewards are very poor

WL is a shambles

Taking away normal bronze pack and silver pack just to stop people BPM there way up to a good team

Can only preview 2 packs you can’t preview promo packs so it’s gambling

Yet nothing gonna get done as EA don’t care. If this was a Star Wars game it would’ve been addressed by now.
Post edited by hammycfc on

Comments

• SmokeSwift1
    4364 posts National Call-Up
    Nah they didn't give us placement rivals coins. Previews packs too also brings too much supply
  • AlexBear012
    2938 posts National Call-Up
    hammycfc wrote: »
    Yet nothing gonna get done as EA don’t care. If this was a Star Wars game it would’ve been addressed by now.

If people spend money without them changing anything why would they do anything?
  • PaulDr
    2734 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rich2015 wrote: »
    All we can hope is that this year affects their income. There is zero point upgrading you're team if you are average and below and can't get into WL. You may as well use cheap golds in rivals which has awful rewards now

EA just made the whole mode pointless for half the playerbase

Agreed
  • TheMightyBee
    3962 posts National Call-Up
    They also removed the packs that are actually fun to open with coins. When you start removing features to make more money it becomes a bit poor. SB rewards aren't that bad.
  • ElasticoRager
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2021
    It's crazy to me they're doing everything they can to kill it for casuals. Surely, that's where most of the FP sales come from?

Even if there's an initial drive to get people to spend more, thinking Messi will help them qualify, they'll soon realise that their team makes little difference to their WL finishes.
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    It's crazy to me they're doing everything they can to kill it for casuals. Surely, that's where most of the FP sales come from?

The "casuals" sitting there with an 84 or 85-rated team after one week probably don't feel like EA has killed very much.
    Even if there's an initial drive to get people to spend more, thinking Messi will help them qualify, they'll soon realise that their team makes little difference to their WL finishes.

Really? Because they haven't realised that for the past few years. What makes the difference this time around?
  • ElasticoRager

The "casuals" sitting there with an 84 or 85-rated team after one week probably don't feel like EA has killed very much.

Really? Because they haven't realised that for the past few years. What makes the difference this time around?

Because this time around most of them can't even qualify for WL, nevermind play in it.
  • CC84COV
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rivals is awful
  • David12344
    20265 posts Club Captain

Because this time around most of them can't even qualify for WL, nevermind play in it.

Honestly mate anyone silver one or above could qualify imo

Yes right now it’s hard but it won’t always be like that.

And anyone below silver one would they actually wanna lose 20 games of fut champs anyway.

People forget this is meant to be for good players to a extent. Yes I understand it should not be this way but champs always has been best rewards to the best players. And that’s fine by me.
  • ElasticoRager
    edited October 2021
    The quick spin EA made with Star Wars happened when people started applying for refunds right and left. The petition and the outcry alone did absolutely nothing up until that point.

Star Wars game was a completely different situation and the audience is largely different.

You can't refund FIFA after you've spent a few weeks figuring out you're ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at it and you can't get a refund on FP either.
  • SignpostSounder
    edited October 2021
    The quick spin EA made with Star Wars happened when people started applying for refunds right and left. The petition and the outcry alone did absolutely nothing up until that point.

Star Wars game was a completely different situation and the audience is largely different.

You can't refund FIFA after you've spent a few weeks figuring out you're ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at it and you can't get a refund on FP either.

You shouldn't get a refund for being ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at a game anyway. That's not the developer or publisher's issue.

And nobody is forcing anyone to buy FIFA Points the very second they get the game.
  • ElasticoRager
    David12344 wrote: »

I know, I qualified easily. However, that's not going to stop the casuals from just giving up when they can't qualify without a challenge like you could the last couple of years.

Silver 1 is probably a bit too low though, there are gold 1 players from last year who've struggled.
  • SignpostSounder

They are playing in it.

The Playoffs are part of the competition.
  • ElasticoRager

You shouldn't get a refund for being ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at a game anyway. That's not the developer or publisher's issue.

And nobody is forcing anyone to buy FIFA Points the very second they get the game.

Exactly, the FIFA and Star Wars situations are entirely different.

Good luck getting millions to stop buying FIFA though.
  • SignpostSounder

Well, when they realise that the WL is "impossible" to qualify for, they're going to stop buying it anyway, right?
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ultimate team killed Fifa
  • Rich2015
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2021
    [/quote]
    People forget this is meant to be for good players to a extent. Yes I understand it should not be this way but champs always has been best rewards to the best players. And that’s fine by me. [/quote]

No!!! Not when they have made it very accessible to everyone for 2 years and now they are taking it away.

EVERYONE! Should easily be allowed to enter WL to have a crack at the best rewards

If you are making it exclusive for the better players then keep it that way from the start

Don't make it accessible to everyone and then take it away

My quote messed up

• ProfanPes
    Not being funny but if you can’t qualify for Weekend league then that’s your fault for being bad 😂
  • Destin8or
    5571 posts Big Money Move

And anyone below silver one would they actually wanna lose 20 games of fut champs anyway.

People forget this is meant to be for good players to a extent. Yes I understand it should not be this way but champs always has been best rewards to the best players. And that’s fine by me.

Thats fine if the matchmaking plays fair.

It definitely didn't for me, but I accept that's a small sample size.

I'll add further data with attempt 2 later lol
  • ElasticoRager

Well, when they realise that the WL is "impossible" to qualify for, they're going to stop buying it anyway, right?

Some casuals will yeah but it's never going to make too big a dent as there's a new influx of kids every year.
  • ProfanPes
    ProfanPes wrote: »
    Not being funny but if you can’t qualify for Weekend league then that’s your fault for being bad 😂

Not being funny but you sound like a moron

How? Because it’s facts 👍 why should awful people be allowed to play with the big boys. Fed up playing lame people on WL
  • hammycfc
    1019 posts Professional

How? Because it’s facts 👍 why should awful people be allowed to play with the big boys. Fed up playing lame people on WL

Them easy games get you better rewards
  • David12344
    20265 posts Club Captain
    Destin8or wrote: »

Thats fine if the matchmaking plays fair.

It definitely didn't for me, but I accept that's a small sample size.

I'll add further data with attempt 2 later lol

Just focus on your game rather than the data old man 😂
  • ProfanPes

Them easy games get you better rewards

Them easy games are boring I’d rather work hard for good rewards rather than play noobs who try to defend for 90mins
  • David12344
    20265 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2021
    People forget this is meant to be for good players to a extent. Yes I understand it should not be this way but champs always has been best rewards to the best players. And that’s fine by me. [/quote]

No!!! Not when they have made it very accessible to everyone for 2 years and now they are taking it away.

EVERYONE! Should easily be allowed to enter WL to have a crack at the best rewards

If you are making it exclusive for the better players then keep it that way from the start

My quote messed up

[/quote]

Yeah it did lol.

I do get people’s frustrations but in all honestly this is there flagship event. If you ain’t good enough then unfortunately you just ain’t. Sorry if that sounds bad it’s not meant in a mean way.

Also as I say I think anyone that gets spanked all weekend won’t bother anyway. So I doubt they even try.

They probs should make more modes for casuals. But weekend league is tough and tbh there is rarely a easy easy game last year.

Now you’ve infected me with your quote 🤣
  • Destin8or
    5571 posts Big Money Move

My quote messed up

[/quote]

Yeah it did lol.

I do get people’s frustrations but in all honestly this is there flagship event. If you ain’t good enough then unfortunately you just ain’t. Sorry if that sounds bad it’s not meant in a mean way.

Also as I say I think anyone that gets spanked all weekend won’t bother anyway. So I doubt they even try.

They probs should make more modes for casuals. But weekend league is tough and tbh there is rarely a easy easy game last year.

Now you’ve infected me with your quote 🤣[/quote]

Technically you weren't good enough but forced your way past security with another go at it 😂

Just like me hopefully lol