The auto interceptions and ai tackling is infuriating

samb96
104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
This is worse than the goalkeepers being OP. It’s pretty much impossible to do any sort of creative play or through balls when your player is within 10 feet of another player as the game either makes the pass lock on to the opponents player instead or the guy can just hold l2 and let the game tackle the ball for him. There is absolutely no point learning to tackle or properly seeing as EA will just hold your hand and do it all for you. I must say I’ve never seen a real footballer magically stick a leg out and intercept a pass and make a perfect touch whilst looking in the complete opposite direction from where the pass came from.

Comments

  • Rename123456
    425 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Only if you don't have delay..Since most of my games are with delay, my players can't do that..But yeah, it's so frustrating
  • liuus86
    899 posts Professional
    what a mess it became.
    Constant fights at midfield, you are forced to spam through passes or defenders will just intercept everything.
    I have noticed a change in pressure too, it s awful now, everyone pressing you like crazy..
  • number5
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It is the delay. When I have the delay favoring me, I am in my opponents backside all game and they can barely move the ball against my uncontrolled players.
  • malky
    748 posts Semi-Pro
    Aswell as deliberate AI defending... I played a noob earlier who never once highlighted his back 4.....how is this allowed be effective??
  • number5
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ^^I've seen the same. I've seen guys hold me under 5 shots by only controlling their CM/CDM. When I got to the box, CB's auto blocked or auto-tackled.
  • MDR123456
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    samb96 wrote: »
    This is worse than the goalkeepers being OP. It’s pretty much impossible to do any sort of creative play or through balls when your player is within 10 feet of another player as the game either makes the pass lock on to the opponents player instead or the guy can just hold l2 and let the game tackle the ball for him. There is absolutely no point learning to tackle or properly seeing as EA will just hold your hand and do it all for you. I must say I’ve never seen a real footballer magically stick a leg out and intercept a pass and make a perfect touch whilst looking in the complete opposite direction from where the pass came from.

    I’ve never seen it happen
  • joehuk
    6580 posts Big Money Move
    malky wrote: »
    Aswell as deliberate AI defending... I played a noob earlier who never once highlighted his back 4.....how is this allowed be effective??

    this has been fifa defending for years, this year is stronger than ever despite communities complaints around AI defending for years.

    not sure how EA managed to make it even stronger.. blatant lack of listening.
  • Jamiebanksrfc1986
    1160 posts Professional
    Sadly this is what ea want easy to defend nightmare to attack as attacking ai are so dumb.

    I love my football games and right now fifa is really only game esport is a total fail.

    But ufl goals and pro football is coming all it takes is one of them games to be fun and fast flowing football and takes skill to play.

    Then maybe ea will wake up
  • sneaky77
    713 posts An Exciting Prospect
    yes EA has a fast counter attack fetish, and makes all other styles not as good as they could be. I refuse to play the low depth defend with 9 and sprint out with no repercussion to stamina bs, so it is what it is.
  • Rename123456
    425 posts An Exciting Prospect
    joehuk wrote: »
    malky wrote: »
    Aswell as deliberate AI defending... I played a noob earlier who never once highlighted his back 4.....how is this allowed be effective??

    this has been fifa defending for years, this year is stronger than ever despite communities complaints around AI defending for years.

    not sure how EA managed to make it even stronger.. blatant lack of listening.

    It also depends where you live..I'm from México, so because we always have delay we cannot play like that, since AI can't do some functions when there's delay.
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Basically gives bad players a chance to win. Keep them interested so they can buy more Fifa points. All about money now.
    On the news gen consoles now EA could’ve made Fifa gameplay slow and more realistic but again they’ve failed and gone back to Fifa 21 again 😞
  • tedski69
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    It isn't tackling! It's blocking! The best defenders in the World are NOT tacklers, They are blockers. A wall you can't get past.

    There are many steps towards defending good BEFORE an actual tackle.

    Tackling is the last refuge of a defender who has already made mistakes.
Sign In or Register to comment.