Weather conditions

SpiritofOldwfc1859
169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I thought being on PS5 that we we would have had an update to the weather. We still dont have changeable weather during the game (something that appeared in Fifa 99 on ps1), we still dont have day to night games (something that has been in the Madden games since it was on ps2). Also with the ray tracing i would expect the sun and the shadows to change position during the game and also when it is on cloudy for the sun to go in and out.

Come on EA employ people who can add these changes into your game.

Comments

• Colesy
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    I thought being on PS5 that we we would have had an update to the weather. We still dont have changeable weather during the game (something that appeared in Fifa 99 on ps1), we still dont have day to night games (something that has been in the Madden games since it was on ps2). Also with the ray tracing i would expect the sun and the shadows to change position during the game and also when it is on cloudy for the sun to go in and out.

Come on EA employ people who can add these changes into your game.

Totally agree with this 👌
  • TheSupernatural
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    At least on PC (not sure about new gen) they took away weather options from 22 that were available in 21. No more foggy conditions (Foggy, Showers, and Flurries -- all 3 were removed).
  • Eddie
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    At least on PC (not sure about new gen) they took away weather options from 22 that were available in 21. No more foggy conditions (Foggy, Showers, and Flurries -- all 3 were removed).

Same for consoles. They’ve took more things away from this game than they’ve added!
  • SpiritofOldwfc1859
    I used to enjoy playing night games in the fog, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING EA. Also just played some games in the rain, with the PS5 i would expect the kits to look wet (uncharted had this in their PS3 games)
    In career mode you can not change the kick off time like Fifa 21.

Continually lazy EA
  • Kasa
    237 posts Sunday League Hero

Really? That’s crazy! Is it also you can’t choose wheather conditions yourself? That’s another feature which ea took out then
  • SpiritofOldwfc1859
    just played a game of Madden 22 on ps5 with the rain on. The kits had rain drops appearing on the shoulders and back of the kits and looked wetter and muddy as the game went on. The coach was wearing a hoody and the shoulders and arms started getting darker in colour as if getting wetter and fans in the crowd had rain jackets on that looked wet
    Why have we not got this in Fifa EA
  • TeamExtreme17
    5326 posts Big Money Move
    just played a game of Madden 22 on ps5 with the rain on. The kits had rain drops appearing on the shoulders and back of the kits and looked wetter and muddy as the game went on. The coach was wearing a hoody and the shoulders and arms started getting darker in colour as if getting wetter and fans in the crowd had rain jackets on that looked wet
    Why have we not got this in Fifa EA

Because the Graphics in Fifa are still PS4 (apart from strand hair) with a few PS3 assets still in the game!

The Next Gen consoles are capable of so much more!