PLEASE FIX DROP-IN MATCHES MATCHMAKING

I like the ability to be able to join drop-ins with friends. Yes. but now you've made it to where it shows there are 6,000+ users online and every time I join a drop-in match, it's me, 1vs1, another user. come on man. Do better, please.

This wasn't an issue before. Now 8 out of 10 matches, its just me, 1 vs 1, with another user. This HAS to be fixed. you've made it boring. Match us up with other users please. I KNOW YOU CAN FIX THIS. I have faith.

thanks.

P.S.
I know I'm not the only one having this issue or the only one that hates it. I'm getting messages after these 1 vs 1 games in Pro-Clubs complaining about not being able to match up with other humans.

Comments

• Fully agree
  • Kaine_
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Or be able to see the rating you're going in with. When I'm 93 I don't wanna be playing with a screaming 12 year old who's level 80 and plans to play maradonna from the GK.

• GoonerSoldier
    472 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah. During the Beta we brought this up many many times to the developers. Its almost as if they purposely destroyed another game mode where thousands of players would use. It's a slap in the face to all the players that enjoyed Drop in matches.
  • naan
    3 posts Ball Boy
    you're lucky you get 1v1s I can't even get into any game
  • PwnApe
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good thing female pros were a priority.
  • Kaine_
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PwnApe wrote: »
    Good thing female pros were a priority.

Gender equality an all that. EA are a really a company of the people
  • AvalanJ
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ffs what is this mess
  • BookaJunior
    69 posts Park Captain
    There were issues with the old lobby for sure.

But at least you got a game every now and then.

Issues with the current matchmaking:

Once you press ready to start the search, it is pretty fast to find team mates

However, then it starts searching for a match and the ability to cancel the search disappears. Given how often it doesnt find a match you are stuck in search mode. You have to force quit FIFA to leave it.

Yesterday I let the search run for 20 minutes doing other things.

Also, last FIFA I built a wing back playing him on CDM. I can not do that this year.

Also, just because I am right footed, doesnt mean I want to play as right side CDM or CB.
  • RobRokk
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dropin for 21 work.... But for 22 it does not, it just keep searching without finding any match. As others mentioned i need to shut down the app, no way to cancel the searching, which is weird...
  • BookaJunior
    69 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2021
  • Zoador
    12 posts Ball Boy
    In short they managed to destroy the Pro Clubs, for the simple fact that it is not profitable for EA.
  • Paton
    56 posts Park Captain
    The first update has to be massive, a lot of bugs to correct, buggiest FIFA I have ever, the matchmaking system is a serious bug better not be overlooked.
  • Guillotine_Mack
    2995 posts National Call-Up
    Why did they remove the original lobby system?
  • Indeed. I have to start over ALL the way and close the app, just so I can back out of the mathmaking system
  • naan
    3 posts Ball Boy
    There were issues with the old lobby for sure.

But at least you got a game every now and then.

Issues with the current matchmaking:

Once you press ready to start the search, it is pretty fast to find team mates

However, then it starts searching for a match and the ability to cancel the search disappears. Given how often it doesnt find a match you are stuck in search mode. You have to force quit FIFA to leave it.

Yesterday I let the search run for 20 minutes doing other things.

Also, last FIFA I built a wing back playing him on CDM. I can not do that this year.

Also, just because I am right footed, doesnt mean I want to play as right side CDM or CB.

this this this and it's incredibly frustrating
    combined with the negative skill points thing makes the game unplayable
  • Saar
    6 posts Ball Boy
    It’s a disaster, looks as if it wasn’t checked before releasing the game.
  • PwnApe
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've played 105 matches, half and half drop in or club. Now I can't get in a drop in game in the past 18 hours.
  • Saar
    6 posts Ball Boy
    PwnApe wrote: »
    I've played 105 matches, half and half drop in or club. Now I can't get in a drop in game in the past 18 hours.
    How can you get to club matches, there never is anyone at the lobbies to play with.
  • These forums an appsalute waste of time when the Muppets who sell this trash too us do nothing about are grevances ....lost touch with players it's all about ££££££. Pro evo come rescue us pro club players .pro clubs has so much more potential than fut
  • Long waits or no games at all. Then when you get a match it’s 90%+ either a 1v1 or 5v1. EA and the FIFA team have excelled this time at being able to take a great concept, and totally ruin it!!!
  • That's so frustrating. I've got less than 5 matches in last 24hrs. The only way to play is doing 2-2 friendly with friends in club
  • How is this still not fixed... What the actual ❤️❤️❤️❤️??
  • Korthan
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2021
    What's going on with the freezing and not letting you 'escape' on the find match screen.

You can wait ten minutes with the circle of doom and there is no way out. Three times I've had to either load another game just to get out or even switch off my Xbox.

I was finding matches with no problem until I left to add skill points to my Pro but since I went back it's always finding nothing or freezing you in. Only found one match since.
  • RobRokk
    Dropin been much better for the last week or something, much easier to find a game with at least 4v4, 4v3, etc.
  • The only thing they had to change on the lobby on fifa 21 was a time limit on choosing a side then be kicked off so we did not have to what for that CLOWN every game
  • > @steelmansteve74 said:
    > The only thing they had to change on the lobby on fifa 21 was a time limit on choosing a side then be kicked off so we did not have to what for that CLOWN every game. what is going on with fifa 2022
  • Wow so it's been going on since september and I bought this in January and it's still doing this? This has to be the worst drop-in setup since I started playing these in 2010. I buy these specifically for the pro clubs and drop-ins and this is the first time I buy a FIFA and it isn't PLAYABLE. WHAT THE F is going on over there at EA? Seriously, they really did it now, what are you people even doing over there? How do you ruin one game to the next that bad? I cant find a match, can't cancel search, when I do it says no opponents found, I gotta restart the game every dam time I get stuck on searching. This is unbelievable and frustrating to the long time FIFA community.
  • RobRokk
    The matchmaking should be on a timer, maybe like one minute or better yet if could cancel it. Sometimes it goes on forever as it seems an d like its stuck in a loop with no other way than to shut down the program.
  • GoonerSoldier
    472 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RobRokk wrote: »
    The matchmaking should be on a timer, maybe like one minute or better yet if could cancel it. Sometimes it goes on forever as it seems an d like its stuck in a loop with no other way than to shut down the program.

This is UNACCEPTABLE. Especially for a company like EA Sports. The developers should be ASHAMED and EMBARRASSED.