Career Mode Megathread

Comments

• TheSupernatural
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't hold your breath for mods. They encrypted the locale.ini file for FIFA 22, which limits modding capabilities.
  • ELBarto_3
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Create a club is decent but god damn, the crest customization is abysmal.

We can only tweak ONE colour on the badge, what it this.
  • Acidvenus
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There's a few minor things for me that I'd like. I can't remember them all right now but I'll post back when I remember.
    But here is a couple..

Youth player objectives.. I can't always remember which season I signed which player. Instead of "6 eligible" I'd like a list of players that I signed in the first season and how many games they've played so far.

Scouting... I feel I'm missing out on discovering players, you can't scout all the top players under the current system. If you're a top team it would be good to be able to assign a scout to a competition. I'd have a much better pool of players if I could scout the champions or europa league. Maybe even the international tournaments or pre season tournaments.

I think this next one was mentioned above or something similar.. but you can see a players potential in the youth team or even youth scout reports but can't get that info when you promote to senior team. I'm not talking an exact number but keep a range which gets smaller as the player develops. Of course this would be a guide and changes depending on form.

Negotiate a contract renewal or transfer for someone on loan, especially if you can lose the player unless you call them back early.
  • MartyForster
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Whole of career mode needs revamping. Get rid of player ratings and ratings for passing etc (can still have them hidden under the bonnet for the mechanics) but instead when scouting players it has match based stats like pass completion l, dribbles etc. Those stats are in the game now and used for nothing at all, although they would need to be built on as at the minute it doesn't even show who has scored in other leagues.

Signings should be hit and miss that way instead of just scouting players to find x overall rating every time which is incredibly boring.
  • Steffolovitch
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero
    Brilliant post, @Lanregeous!
  • Eire45
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    FIFA need to take some ideas from how NBA 2K in terms of customsing...

Also I did make a thread about this, appreciate if anyone can shed some info:

Yesterday I didn't receive a worldie homegrown talent after creating my club in career mode... So I created a new club today to see if the issue sorted itself out... it hasn't...

So tried a career with an already established club and I seem to get one there (though they weren't from the same county)...

Has anyone else had this issue??? Or has anyone got actually managed to get homegrown talent in create a club???

Does the homegrown talent only work with an established club??? If so thats terrible...
  • Brilliant post, @Lanregeous!

Thanks, @Steffolovitch . It has been on the mind for a while and I’m glad others have similar concerns.

• Lanregeous wrote: »
    The biggest problem IMO is that the distribution of abilities and potentials of players becomes completely unrealistic after 4-5 seasons. Here are my main problems and proposed solutions.

Potentials too high for too many players
    It’s currently unrealistic with unrealistic potential for too many players.
    If it was like this in real life, in 10 years time, we will be seeing at least 30 players as good as Messi and Ronaldo - the two considered the greatest of all time.
    I would propose:
    - either reduce max potentials or make it much harder to reach maximum potential as currently it is absolutely guaranteed.
    - significantly reduce the impact of dynamic potential. I don’t want my Origi to be as good as Ronaldo at 32.
    - make it much harder to find youth players with such high potential. Currently, I come across 3-4 Messis per season.

Youth player and regen traits do not reflect how real players are rated
    There are very rarely players with 80+ ability that don’t have any traits in the game. In contrast, almost no YA players or regents have traits. This again means that the new generation looks nothing like the old generation.
    I would propose:
    - give all players with 82+ potential at least 1 trait

It’s too easy to make a team of H/H workrate players with 5* weak foot and skill moves
    This just doesn’t reflect real life. Normally, a player is two-footed or hard working as a youth and it is very hard to change it. It makes finding a youth player with these attributes or weaknesses completely pointless because you can just train them anyway. It completely removes individuality.
    I would propose:
    - make it take years to change work rates unless someone has a special trait
    - limit the increase of weak foot to +1 unless player has exceptional potential (90+)
    - remove ability to change skill ability

Physical attributes are natural - FIFA’s player development ignores this
    You can just train players to become bullet fast over time. Players with high potential inevitably become 90+ pace players. Again, this reduces player individuality. Treating physical attributes like any other stat also means players like James Milner have their stamina reduced with age even though he is still the fittest player in the Liverpool squad
    I would propose:
    - make pace and strength largely unchanged until an inevitable decline at the end of their career with strength increasing more as they get older
    - make stamina increase a little over their career and change very little in old age for “model professional” players

Things like this I can get behind, I'm not one to complaining if someone doesn't have their leg tattoo or correct haircut or if stadium isn't exact. Each to their own. But things like this is what would make me happy, more in depth Career Mode and improvements on whats already there like the Dynamic potential or making it too easy to find gems. My first scout report of the season gave me 3 players with 80-90 potential.

As for the more indepth I don't want it as much as FM has, I still want time to play the game and end of the day its a football simulation game and that still needs to be the main focus
  • SMP90
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Someone’s already mentioned it but player stats need to be added. Like if you trying to find a new striker you should be able to see how many goals they have scored and how many games they’ve played.

Also I’d like to see managers sacked. On Fifa 21 Man City finished 7th now in real life we all know pep would of been sacked but in the game he wasn’t. This way it means managers move around and teams can change how they play, as if I was to take over manager of Man City and then decide you know what I want a new challenge the next time I play Man City pep will be back in charge just doesn’t make sense. Instead of applying for jobs and have 14 jobs available normally 7 teams from 2 leagues which will include the team who are currently top of the league but not the team who are bottom you should be headhunted for a job but if your sacked from a job then the next job should be for a lower ranked team so you have to rebuild your reputation
  • SMP90 wrote: »
    Someone’s already mentioned it but player stats need to be added. Like if you trying to find a new striker you should be able to see how many goals they have scored and how many games they’ve played.

Also I’d like to see managers sacked. On Fifa 21 Man City finished 7th now in real life we all know pep would of been sacked but in the game he wasn’t. This way it means managers move around and teams can change how they play, as if I was to take over manager of Man City and then decide you know what I want a new challenge the next time I play Man City pep will be back in charge just doesn’t make sense. Instead of applying for jobs and have 14 jobs available normally 7 teams from 2 leagues which will include the team who are currently top of the league but not the team who are bottom you should be headhunted for a job but if your sacked from a job then the next job should be for a lower ranked team so you have to rebuild your reputation

See i get what your saying and in an ideal world it'll be perfect, but I wouldn't be too fussed if they didn't change managers around in fifa as reckon it'll be worse than the in game transfers and probably see Klopp at Man United and Pep at Watford. I do believe the job Vacancies should be either struggling clubs or clubs not quite achieving what they should be. I don't believe The Man City job should be available in December if they top of the league, but if they are 4th for example it wouldn't be a huge surprise foo them to change manager
  • Crowsy
    91 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2021
    Don't hold your breath for mods. They encrypted the locale.ini file for FIFA 22, which limits modding capabilities.

Perhaps you should have a word with FIFER then as he has already released some mods and says it is full steam ahead but if you know more about this than him perhaps you can tell him not to bother and save him from all that work.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5322 posts Big Money Move
    * Potential Job Openings: I thought i'd look at these as i'm 12th with Man Utd with no signs of being sacked at all.. And i can apply for the Real Madrid job when they are top of La Liga!? WHY?

* Add a scroll option in Potential Job Openings as you can currently only see a team's Starting 11 instead of full squad.. Which would make more sense seeing as you are essentially applying for the job?
  • Ashy
    22054 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2021
    * Potential Job Openings: I thought i'd look at these as i'm 12th with Man Utd with no signs of being sacked at all.. And i can apply for the Real Madrid job when they are top of La Liga!? WHY?

* Add a scroll option in Potential Job Openings as you can currently only see a team's Starting 11 instead of full squad.. Which would make more sense seeing as you are essentially applying for the job?

The job opening part of career mode is one of the worst features in it. You are very limited on who you can change club with, I'm pretty sure you can't find a new job between late May (after the season) and mid October which shouldn't be the case because managers join clubs in the off season.

Like you say if you are 12th with United you should be getting the sack soon and Madrid definitely shouldn't be on the list not only because you are underperforming but because they are top of La Liga so why would they sack their manager for you?

There needs to be a manager reputation like on FM so you start at let's say 3 star if you take a big club over, less if you are managing a lower team. As you process and win trophies you climb up to 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5. The clubs with a job opening MUST be underperforming for you to have the opportunity to try move to them and match the star rating, so Madrid would look at 4 star and above and would probably have to be out of the title race to look for someone

This part needs a massive rework for sure
  • Does anyone remember back in the early days of career mode you couldn't begin at a top club and you'd be fired by Xmas if you did as the club will almost be bankrupt. If remember rightly you had to earn a rating that would attract higher paying sponsors for the club you managed.

I wouldn’t want it exactly like that, but they certainly had the right idea back then in regards to rating and what clubs you could manage. Usually took a few seasons before you could manage say Man U for example.

Maybe now they could almost use the dynamic potential in Manager Rating which affects jobs available. We have the rating already but only affects current club, have it go up and down depending on form then attach rating requirements to clubs say City, United and Madrid expect you to have over 85 before being considered, but then maybe Everton, Hamburg or Valencia would take a manager over 75 etc. Maybe over complicating it, but hopefully you kinda get my drift
  • Not a huge thing, but an issue in the past few fifas and this one is loan deals just don't happen in the first window. Often I don't have it enabled, but occasionally I do like now, but any player I approach whether loan listed or not will never agree. Pretty sure its been like this since fifa 19, once get to January it tends to be fine, but I can never sign anyone during first summer window. Sometimes when in L1/2 and even The FLC it feels more realistic to sign young Premier League players on loan certainly can't afford to sign them permanently most of time so its a shame these loan deals don't work
  • TheSupernatural
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Crowsy wrote: »

Perhaps you should have a word with FIFER then as he has already released some mods and says it is full steam ahead but if you know more about this than him perhaps you can tell him not to bother and save him from all that work.

FIFER's notorious for "borrowing" and not paying for coding help, and obviously with his Patreon it's not like he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

He'll be adding a lot of content, not sure about gameplay though. Paulv2k4 is main gameplay modder but he's boycotting FIFA 22 and honestly I can't blame him. So that mod won't happen this year.
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Lanregeous wrote: »
    The biggest problem IMO is that the distribution of abilities and potentials of players becomes completely unrealistic after 4-5 seasons. Here are my main problems and proposed solutions.

Potentials too high for too many players
    It’s currently unrealistic with unrealistic potential for too many players.
    If it was like this in real life, in 10 years time, we will be seeing at least 30 players as good as Messi and Ronaldo - the two considered the greatest of all time.
    I would propose:
    - either reduce max potentials or make it much harder to reach maximum potential as currently it is absolutely guaranteed.
    - significantly reduce the impact of dynamic potential. I don’t want my Origi to be as good as Ronaldo at 32.
    - make it much harder to find youth players with such high potential. Currently, I come across 3-4 Messis per season.

Youth player and regen traits do not reflect how real players are rated
    There are very rarely players with 80+ ability that don’t have any traits in the game. In contrast, almost no YA players or regents have traits. This again means that the new generation looks nothing like the old generation.
    I would propose:
    - give all players with 82+ potential at least 1 trait

It’s too easy to make a team of H/H workrate players with 5* weak foot and skill moves
    This just doesn’t reflect real life. Normally, a player is two-footed or hard working as a youth and it is very hard to change it. It makes finding a youth player with these attributes or weaknesses completely pointless because you can just train them anyway. It completely removes individuality.
    I would propose:
    - make it take years to change work rates unless someone has a special trait
    - limit the increase of weak foot to +1 unless player has exceptional potential (90+)
    - remove ability to change skill ability

Physical attributes are natural - FIFA’s player development ignores this
    You can just train players to become bullet fast over time. Players with high potential inevitably become 90+ pace players. Again, this reduces player individuality. Treating physical attributes like any other stat also means players like James Milner have their stamina reduced with age even though he is still the fittest player in the Liverpool squad
    I would propose:
    - make pace and strength largely unchanged until an inevitable decline at the end of their career with strength increasing more as they get older
    - make stamina increase a little over their career and change very little in old age for “model professional” players

Yes. Fix this stuff, EA, and the game will be much, much better. This is why I, for instance, use youth players as little as possible, and refrain from using the development plans (because using them makes my players too good and makes them lose their identity as players, as everyone becomes good with both feet, etc.). This is a fix of sorts, but these are nice features, in principle, and it would be nice if they were balanced so that one could happily take advantage of them.

The dynamic potential thingy is the most important one, perhaps - in part because there's no way to conveniently avoid its impact. Here, too, I really like the idea, though. It's great that the players' potential can change. But they shouldn't change dramatically. If someone's potential is at 69, yeah, it would be sweet if that could go up to, I don't know, low 70s. But drastic changes will be bad, especially because it's not going to be just one player who is going to change in the relevant ways. The OP explains this well.

I'll just add that by fixing this, by considerably toning down the effects of dynamic potential, one could also fix the converse problem with the young players, whose potential goes too easily down.

These would be easy changes, I imagine! Hopefully the feedback reaches the devs. There were also good threads/bug reports relating to this in the FIFA 21 forums. I know that EA's presence here is very limited/well hidden. Who are the community managers these days? Maybe someone could tag someone.
  • Eire45
    Does anyone else keep getting newly promoted youth players wanting to negotiate a new contract during the first season?

Problem is the game wont let me offer them a new contact as they have only just got one, so they put in a transfer request! Its happened to two players so far and they are 'special talents'...

I also keep getting players wanting to talk and moan every week, ffs.
  • Eire45
    I would like to be able add sponsors to create a club kit too.
  • Eire45
    Also does anyone know what the difference between 'normal fit' and 'team fit' regarding the jersey fits???

Ive been trying to figure it out for the last couple years!
  • TeamExtreme17
    Eire45 wrote: »
    Also does anyone know what the difference between 'normal fit' and 'team fit' regarding the jersey fits???

Team Fit is they wear whatever a team has assigned, whether it be a Normal Fit (99% of the time) or a Tight Fit..

But not sure who has Tight Fit assigned! Arsenal used too..
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Does anyone else keep getting newly promoted youth players wanting to negotiate a new contract during the first season?

Problem is the game wont let me offer them a new contact as they have only just got one, so they put in a transfer request! Its happened to two players so far and they are 'special talents'...

What kind of team are you playing? Just thought this might make sense with a lower tier team and super talented youngsters, for instance. Actually, in that kind of case it would be pretty cool to have the youngsters make such demands. Although I guess it should be possible to negotiate still…
  • L4r14m wrote: »

What kind of team are you playing? Just thought this might make sense with a lower tier team and super talented youngsters, for instance. Actually, in that kind of case it would be pretty cool to have the youngsters make such demands. Although I guess it should be possible to negotiate still…

I started my save using a Created Club in EFL League Two. Scouted a Canadian CAM, he progressed to a 66OVR, got called for the national team, and that’s where it all begins. Once the duration of the “International duties” is over, their first day back at club you will get an email complaining about playtime, moral shoots straight down. You will get this email two-three calendar days in a row and then boom…. Submitted a transfer request. Why even try a road to glory if you can’t hold on to players you want to develop and grow your club with…. Needs fixing ASAP. Also tried to give him a better contract before he submitted the transfer request and it did not change the situation.

Also, most 15 (& sometimes 16 year old) youth prospects will not have a name and number displayed on their jersey. Even when promoted to senior team. Even after changing kit number….. nothing works. Have not had this issue with 17+ year olds.

Second season, pre-season game 1, the pre match clip says that it is a players debut game who had been playing on my team from August of the 1st season………

Also, 50 match milestone Pre Game cutscene prompt said “50 Games as Create A Club Manager” ….. not my club name.

It seems that the Physically Strong youth scouting results have been severely altered. In Fifa 21 you’d be able to score 6’ 3” CB’s with some good Strength, Jumping, etc. Now it seems like it’s flooded with LB/RB’s no taller than 5’ 8” and 145lbs….. clearly not what we are looking for when we are looking for Physically strong.

Every youth academy player (I mostly recruit Italian players because of my family background) only wears their First name on the back of the shirt???? Please fix this. Canadian players did not have this issue.

When progressing to season 2, Youth academy just fully got emptied. No players left from a player count of around 10. Worst part is, I had a player sitting in there with 91-94 POT, so I reloaded the last save to jump back in to season 1 so I can bring him to the senior squad so he didn’t just disappear. From Has Potential to be Special, I got into season 2 (2 calendar days later) and all of a sudden he is An Exciting Prospect????? Broken Dynamic player potential system as mentioned by many others. No balance at all.

Sorry for the many different little topics crammed into one post, just spit-balling here!
  • Crowsy
    91 posts Park Captain
    Crowsy wrote: »

FIFER's notorious for "borrowing" and not paying for coding help, and obviously with his Patreon it's not like he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

He'll be adding a lot of content, not sure about gameplay though. Paulv2k4 is main gameplay modder but he's boycotting FIFA 22 and honestly I can't blame him. So that mod won't happen this year.

FIFER's last mod for FIFA 21 was huge and if you wait a week it doesn't cost a penny and do you think he is the only one to charge a nominal fee for mods? Even PES do it and then you do have the choice to not download it.

I have used Paulv2k4 and enjoyed some of his gameplay mods. Didn't he have some sort of bust up with FIFER, then he banned users on his discord from using FIFERS mod then he disappeared himself no?

I still haven't bought FIFER 22 and with people saying it is just like FIFER 21 I might not bother but might wait for the mods to come out. FIFERS aggressive gameplay mod was fun imo but each to his own.

Then you have the EEP mod which was also good imo. Od didn't Paulv2k4 have a Patreon as well?

• Eire45
    L4r14m wrote: »

I created a League 2 team.

Yeah I wouldn't mind but its impossible to negotiate the contract as they had only just been promoted to the first team, it was only just halfway through the first season too which makes it unrealistic.
  • Eire45

Team Fit is they wear whatever a team has assigned, whether it be a Normal Fit (99% of the time) or a Tight Fit..

Cheer mate.

Its annoying there are a few players that have a long sleeve shirt (or a turtle neck which i hate), so I either give them an underskin or short sleeve shirt but half through the season it always reverts back for a couple months, which is an annoying glitch that has never been fixed.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited October 2021

Cheer mate.

Its annoying there are a few players that have a long sleeve shirt (or a turtle neck which i hate), so I either give them an underskin or short sleeve shirt but half through the season it always reverts back for a couple months, which is an annoying glitch that has never been fixed.

Yeah that's because 10 years later they still haven't added the Cold Weather Gear setting to Edit Real Player so it reverts to whatever the Data Reviewer has set for them, as essentially you're only selecting his Summer Gear because there is no Cold Weather Gear setting in-game...
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on
  • Eire45

Cheer mate.

Yeah that's because 10 years later they still haven't added the Cold Weather Gear setting to Edit Real Player so it reverts to whatever the Data Reviewer has set for them, as essentially you're only selecting his Summer Gear because there is no Cold Weather Gear setting in-game...

Seems it would be a simple fix too.... I really can't stand that turtleneck 😤
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited October 2021

Cheer mate.

Seems it would be a simple fix too.... I really can't stand that turtleneck 😤

It's a very simple fix, i've been reporting it in my Create / Edit Real Player Thread for years now...

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/603247/fifa-22-create-edit-real-player-thread