Better than FIFA 21, but it’s still not a good game

princeapalia
1649 posts Play-Off Hero
For once, you can tell EA have made an effort to balance the core mechanics from the wildly-hated FIFA 20 and 21. However in doing so, they’ve just created a load more issues too (surprise surprise).

-GKs are far too good at close 1v1s. This should be the premium chance in FIFA, like in real life. It’s horrible to spent 5 minutes breaking down a drop back 1 depth coward, only to have the GK bail him out every time

-GKs are also too weak at saving long range finesse shots, leading people to just spamming them over and over if they’re not good enough to break your defence down

-Passing is horribly inconsistent, ever with high rated players. So many are randomly overhit or underhit

-Player switching is also terrible. On previous FIFAs I virtually never had an issue selecting the right player. Stick shifting doesn’t go to your CBS properly, and icon switching is too slow to be practical

-(and for my main complaint) HyperMotion animations!! There’s 1000s of new RNG animations, making every action feel like a coinflip what sort of animation your player will do. There’s nothing worse than not feeling in control of your players, and the more animations mean more BS variance

—————-

This game look a lot of steps in the right direction, but also steps backwards. I still wouldn’t call it a good game, especially with the amount of input delay.

Comments

• Fotbal_love_12
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There is no input delat you need to lesrn to play football to understand when to dribble when to pass. And not pass staigjt to an opponents lane and still get away with it . Just shut up
  • Don't listen to him game needs a lot of work.

Defending needs a major nerf or attacking ai needs a major buff.

Defending is so so easy but that's only because attacking ai stand still never make any good runs. And if u make a mistake defending you catch back up.

Av went back to ps4 version for now as am sick of ps5 version all it is 100 blocks a game on ps4 it feels smoother and without the stupid zonal marking u don't get 9 players in box blocking shotsb
  • princeapalia
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2021
    There is no input delay

Utterly delusional.

There’s blatant input delay in rivals and animation delay from the new gen engine changed. So many times my player will lock into a random animation and take touches that I don’t want them to take, giving the opponent to tackle me.

• mfmaxpower
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    I mostly agree. Not sure I agree yet that keepers are OP in 1-on-1s, or whether it's just much more important than ever that you choose the right shot. Haven't played enough to be sure but my sense so far is that I could have done better in most of those breakaway misses/blocks, and I'm totally down for increased difficulty with scoring goals.

But keepers need to be better with long range finesse shots and should be a bit more consistent overall.

Biggest issue right now for me is the backline AI. They're so focused on maintaining a line that they give way too much space at times, offering easy opportunities, which combined with the OP finesse shots is a bad combo.

22 is much improved IMO but still lacking. Gameplay still feels a bit clumsy and I'm not a fan of how players feel to handle. For me there's a lack in responsiveness, consistency, and precision.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    There is no input delat you need to lesrn to play football to understand when to dribble when to pass. And not pass staigjt to an opponents lane and still get away with it . Just shut up

Bit rude. Can’t you have a healthy debate without petulant behaviour
  • Hammer316
    3992 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2021

What is wrong with you. The op has given some clear examples of proper issues with the game and you come out with that nonsense.

I do think alot of the people who love this FIFA are on old gen because the ranimations really are so random on series x.