New division rivals only fun if you’re good.

Comments

• DannySTFC
    7878 posts League Winner
    Fifa 21 self relegators start crying…😭😭😭

Well done!!! Find another game!

Skills spammers also!!!

I’m so happy!!!

Why does it affect skills spammers?
  • Tboon
    4452 posts National Call-Up
    Funny because these people now clapping and telling others to get good will eventually cry when they reach that stage where you won’t progress and you’ll get smashed every game 🤣🤣🤣

Agree...I think it will be a big problem for many players really really soon. Maybe EA have to change it, otherwise people will quite rivals very fast.
  • Goodgod10
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bro surely it's a good thing will make.it more competitive and means ur playing hard opposition which in turn will make u a better player???
    Everyone wants everything so easy in life? Whole point is to play good players to become a good player??

Nobody wants it easy, just to play against a similar level of ability. This has been brought in to literally stop those who do want an easy life by relegating themselves to the point where they’re playing against children, ruining the experience of those they come up against both relegating and promoting as they do so.
  • Funny because these people now clapping and telling others to get good will eventually cry when they reach that stage where you won’t progress and you’ll get smashed every game 🤣🤣🤣

Yes once we reach our fair skill level then we ll not progress further. If we re just not good enough to reach the next level then so be it. At least a player won't be able to self relegate because they can't take playing at their own level. Positive move by EA obviously they ve had enough of players self relegating.
  • Wonderkiid
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    Funny because these people now clapping and telling others to get good will eventually cry when they reach that stage where you won’t progress and you’ll get smashed every game 🤣🤣🤣

Yes once we reach our fair skill level then we ll not progress further. If we re just not good enough to reach the next level then so be it. At least a player won't be able to self relegate because they can't take playing at their own level. Positive move by EA obviously they ve had enough of players self relegating.

Kinda weird how you put others over yourself. So you wouldn't mind losing all the time knowing elite players stay elite...?

Im sure lots of people will be dissapointed they won't be able to qualify for WL and when they do it's rare. Rival rewards are poor, especially lower ranks. You'll be playing with golds for a very long time
  • Robertjames86
    907 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 27
    Of course I want the elite players to stay in the elite division. That's the way it should be. As has been pointed out a hundred times on here everyone has to start in division 10 that's why it's so skewed at the minute. Even the number 1 player in the world has to start in division 10.

WL should be difficult to qualify for. It should be the best of the best. Its called champions cup. What is bizarre is half of division 1 guys won't be in though guys in division 5 will be in.

Rewards should be poor in the lower divisions. They should increase as you go up the divisions.

Did you think self relegating was a good thing or what?? @Wonderkiid
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4922 posts National Call-Up
    Tbf it's fun as hell to smash someone you know you are better than. Kinda like what the elite players are doing now to most everyone.
  • The fix to stop relegation cheats was to make the game absolutely impossible for everyone.
  • JustyX
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Rage quit about 40 games I reckon :D
  • The fix to stop relegation cheats was to make the game absolutely impossible for everyone.

Bit dramatic considering the game is only out today and not even for the standard edition guys but OK.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15132 posts World Class
    edited September 27
    I've been away from FIFA for circa 9 months and I'm just catching up with the changes.

They had to do something to stop the self relegating, which let's be honest, was ruining the game for casuals.

Believe it or not, there are some people that play the game who are not bothered about FUT champions, and are also not overly concerned with rewards because they are realists and know that most of the time the rewards suck.

Me personally, I preferred the old Division set up and rarely played FUT Champs, even though I'd qualify most weeks. My joy in the game came from creating a RTG that interested me, and I did it purely through playing and trading.

That looks like it may have returned. The game should be for everyone. If you want to be a try hard win at all cost type, then fine, play at your level. If you want to be more casual, then that should be an option too, and it shouldn't be an option taken away by spoiled elites that want an easy ride all the time.
  • Wonderkiid
    Of course I want the elite players to stay in the elite division. That's the way it should be. As has been pointed out a hundred times on here everyone has to start in division 10 that's why it's so skewed at the minute. Even the number 1 player in the world has to start in division 10.

WL should be difficult to qualify for. It should be the best of the best. Its called champions cup. What is bizarre is half of division 1 guys won't be in though guys in division 5 will be in.

Rewards should be poor in the lower divisions. They should increase as you go up the divisions.

We need to get rid of this idea of skill based matchmaking is a good thing. Game would be far more enjoyable without it. No reason to relegate, no reason for an average to get frustrated either. Back to early FUT days.

Most people will end up frustrated. Once you'll hit your plateau you'll lose the majority of the time and there is no weekend league to qualify for as it will be too hard for the average player and takes alot of games in lower divisions to gather enough points. But if you rather have this than others relegating then more power to you, I guess

• DannySTFC wrote: »

Skills spammers also!!!

I’m so happy!!!

Why does it affect skills spammers?

I mean also skills spammers are crying because they don’t have fun in Fifa 22.

So I hope all this people move away from Fifa!
  • David12344
    16736 posts World Class
    The fix to stop relegation cheats was to make the game absolutely impossible for everyone.

Bit dramatic considering the game is only out today and not even for the standard edition guys but OK.

People now days just can’t take losing.

Need to find there dummies and out them back in I think
  • David12344
    16736 posts World Class
    Wonderkiid wrote: »

We need to get rid of this idea of skill based matchmaking is a good thing. Game would be far more enjoyable without it. No reason to relegate, no reason for an average to get frustrated either. Back to early FUT days.

Most people will end up frustrated. Once you'll hit your plateau you'll lose the majority of the time and there is no weekend league to qualify for as it will be too hard for the average player and takes alot of games in lower divisions to gather enough points. But if you rather have this than others relegating then more power to you, I guess

Hold up let’s see how hard it actually is to qualify before we all jump on the it’s too hard bandwagon.

Personally I’m up for the challenge. End of the day if I do actually miss one or two it’s not even a bad thing.
  • I've been away from FIFA for circa 9 months and I'm just catching up with the changes.

They had to do something to stop the self relegating, which let's be honest, was ruining the game for casuals.

Believe it or not, there are some people that play the game who are not bothered about FUT champions, and are also not overly concerned with rewards because they are realists and know that most of the time the rewards suck.

Me personally, I preferred the old Division set up and rarely played FUT Champs, even though I'd qualify most weeks. My joy in the game came from creating a RTG that interested me, and I did it purely through playing and trading.

That looks like it may have returned. The game should be for everyone. If you want to be a try hard win at all cost type, then fine, play at your level. If you want to be more casual, then that should be an option too, and it shouldn't be an option taken away by spoiled elites that want an easy ride all the time.

Great summary.
  • Wonderkiid wrote: »

When u hit your level than u will have ~50/50 win rate.
    No u get smashed bec. all better players go through your level.
  • Greekgod97
    299 posts Sunday League Hero

Skills spammers also!!!

I’m so happy!!!

Lol let’s see how happy you are in a few weeks when you hit your level. It’s worse than div droppers. When you lose 80% of your games and still win 1 in 5 games you’ll go up at one point. In that division you’ll lose 90% of your games. Your problem isn’t division droppers it will be players who are just better than you, and if your a div 8 player it will be a horror show. So either get ready to play 5-10 games a week or play more but lose so so many games.
  • Kennyy
    8972 posts League Winner
    Does seem kind of flawed. A random good run of games and you’re out your depth
  • JustyX
    Think I’m like 19-5-60. No one can top that.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15132 posts World Class
    Kennyy wrote: »
    Does seem kind of flawed. A random good run of games and you’re out your depth

Yep, but still better than elite level players ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on people below them.

Game was like the film "The platform" the past 2 years.
  • Wonderkiid
    edited September 27
    Wonderkiid wrote: »

When u hit your level than u will have ~50/50 win rate.
    No u get smashed bec. all better players go through your level.

Honestly, I am just dreading the fact that I will be facing insane teams and elite players literally every game. It takes away the casual edge that Fifa always had to me. I don't like rivals, I don't like WL. I am already fed up playing God squads and the way people play in division 3. Those are the ones that will end up in Elite or division 1 at the very least.

I would like to see the matchmaking and tournament format like in the past of UT. Little rewards, but serious enough for people just to quit after 1-0 (like in a friendly). Just a more casual experience for those who just want to have some fun after a day of work. I fall in that category, but because of my ability I am stuck playing teenagers who spend every minute of their day playing fifa and improving their team.
  • number7rocky
    7492 posts League Winner
    Is fut playoffs actually based on your division? Surely it should be random, kind of ludicrous otherwise especially when you get only 7 attempts for 6 weeks meaning you can only fail once.

Your going to have some D1 players who won't qualify whilst someone in D5 will because of qualifying against easier opposition.
  • Air Diddy
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    Reserve judgement until the millions of casuals start playing from Oct 1st
  • MDR123456
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Greekgod97 wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    It will take a month for good players to move on. Since they can’t regulate you should have more equal skilled opponents once everyone settles.

Well let’s be fair. A month is way to long. So guys like me well have to deal with losing almost all of my games.?

They should have kept placement. The same thing will happen again LaRue December through January when second season starts
  • RadioShaq
    18935 posts Moderator
    Besides if the community can figure out how to cheat the system good players will be the ones complaining.

If you are stuck in division 8 and losing it’s because we all start in 10. Besides that you would be losing twice as many games last year as elite level players would be staying in your division playing you for easy games.

Elite players and division 1 players will be the ones facing more equal opponents which will be harder.

Divisions 3 or above you will finally be playing easier games as you are facing equal opponents.
  • JustyX
    I’m glad the win loss figures are now hidden away. 20 wins and 64 losses after all these rage quits is not a pretty site in the Home Screen.
  • golazo
    2191 posts National Call-Up
    Give me no Fn lag and I’m happy. Can’t be playing against an opponent and on top of that this lag. Lag free game and I’m cool with rivals, WL etc.
  • Greekgod97 wrote: »

Skills spammers also!!!

I’m so happy!!!

Lol let’s see how happy you are in a few weeks when you hit your level. It’s worse than div droppers. When you lose 80% of your games and still win 1 in 5 games you’ll go up at one point. In that division you’ll lose 90% of your games. Your problem isn’t division droppers it will be players who are just better than you, and if your a div 8 player it will be a horror show. So either get ready to play 5-10 games a week or play more but lose so so many games.

And so? What’s the problem? I just let you know that in Fifa 21 I was in division 1 and 2 and all the objectives I did without self relegate because I don’t like to win easily but I like to play against people like me or better than me! This is the only way to improve, if you play with people worst than you, you’ll never improve! So, don’t worry, I’ll not cry…
  • JustyX
    edited September 28
    Coming from a FIFA 21 div 5 player this game has sucked every bit of enjoyment away.

20 wins… 67 losses. Glad people are having fun but for me, I regret even buying the game.

It’s ridiculous that I might have to wait months for everyone to be at the correct level and in the right divisions. What the point? Tell me? What enjoyment is there in getting battered every game.

I didn’t but the game to have to wait ages to actually play people on my level. It’s a bull ❤️❤️❤️❤️.