Is 22 any better than 21?

Hocus_pocus
36 posts Last Pick at the Park
Is there any sign of hope thst this game is better than 19 20 and 21? Is there still the blatant background nonsense and predictable goals just before half time etc?

Comments

• abhreebhu_45
    6511 posts Big Money Move
    It has it's positives n negatives,,so far a decent experience, but u know EA n it's patches
  • Cbn
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    Better? If you want fun, responsive gameplay its definetly worse
  • TheMightyBee
    3879 posts National Call-Up
    Playing on PS4.

It's very similar but with subtle improvements. Counter attack and through balls will be the meta again along with spamming 1-2's. The tackling issue is still there with balls going back to the attacker all the time. In some games it will be impossible to score no matter how many chances you make.

It's very arcade like on PS4.
  • Since1875
    480 posts Sunday League Hero
    So far it’s much better, in my opinion.
    Let’s hope upcoming patches don’t do any damage…
  • Thamightyboro
    7917 posts League Winner
    Much better IMO no doubt will be patched back to a long ball pace pantsfest
  • Guillotine_Mack
    2635 posts Fans' Favourite
    I prefer fifa 22 so yes.
  • Neymar10101
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I prefer 22 but when they sort out ball control and when I make a tackle the opponent doesn’t win it back with a second this has the chance to be a great game
  • Hocus_pocus
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Argh can't be doing with that nonsense of tackle and back to opponent just totally unrealistic. I've read that it's even harder to trade this year so they push you down the pay for pack route even more. So far what I'm hearing and reading is making this a pass
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4748 posts National Call-Up
    I like it it a lot better. Once I'm done at the dentist I will get a few hours str8 to play, but so far it has been a delightful change. They need to nerf finesse shots outside the box, especially timed finesse. I scored 6 on one game, it's just too easy. Other than a few minor things it's a great a game imo.
  • Maestro2k
    64 posts Park Captain
    21 was a nightmare mess
    22 is fine, better but not great !
  • spbuckmaster
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s not for me. First time I might bite the bullet and have a year off.

Players seem like they are on ice skates, that or standing around with their hands down their pants.

I’ve only used via the EA play trial but I can’t handle another year of dealing with drop back wh0res.

It’s just painful to watch.

Problem is I need to find a new game to play. Any suggestion?
  • nowback2me
    198 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Its worse
  • futaddict79
    2169 posts National Call-Up
    So far it's better for me but this is pre patch

You still get the same leading 3 -0 with 10 mins to go and having to defend like mad so you don't draw or lose as your gold players turn to bronze
  • IraqBruin
    1997 posts Play-Off Hero
    I hated 20 so I think that impacted my feeling for 21 at the beginning of that cycle but then again I did not have a horrible start to that cycle either.

I am not quite happy with how 22 is going so far but I have to try to do better since that is part of the fun process (in a way).
  • If you enjoy CBs beeing useful and no extreme use of ridiculous skillmoves in every game 22 is great, like it a lot so far
  • joshyw
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    21 was terrible yet at this stage last year it was receiving the same praise that 22 is getting so who knows how it’s going to pan out. As long as they don’t patch things that don’t need patching then hopefully we’ll have a good game on our hands.
  • PlacidCasual77
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Old gen is the same game. New gen feels different enough to feel like a fresh game. Kind of reminds me of PES 5.
  • FifaProDK
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Waiting for thursday to see my terrible rewards and then i'll judge. So far its pretty bad gameplay.
  • Awesome gameplay so far as I prefer playing a more realistic style like getting to the byline putting crosses in ect not just doing crazy skills that would never happen in real life but can understand people who prefer the arcade style won’t be happy
  • Greekgod97
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s realistic if you like to play in slowmotion. It’s fun if you don’t like to score goals.
    Don’t just dislike the game, I hate it at this point. And I was loving fifa21 at this point last year, last year was my kind of gameplay when the button delay wasn’t at its worse.
    Fifa22 I feel like every game has button delay, it’s sssssoooo slllowww.
  • Jordonp
    1272 posts Professional
    It’s not better IMO.

You get way too much help from the AI in defence and GK.That’s my biggest issue with it. These factors squash the skill gap, That’s fine to some people but I like to be rewarded for not doing stupid stuff like pulling my defenders out of position. In 22 the defenders kind of force themselves in to good positions, giving a nice handicap to everyone whose bad at defending.

That, and the pacing - it doesn’t have to be 21 pacing but it is frustratingly slow which allows your opponent to read a higher percentage of what you’re doing.

• Fotbal_love_12
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    rmoxon wrote: »
    I like it more.

The PS5 version is more realistic than FIFA has been in years, but of course lots of people don’t like that.

Exaclty. This is miles better than 21
  • Fotbal_love_12
    edited September 27
    Jordonp wrote: »
    It’s not better IMO.

You get way too much help from the AI in defence and GK.That’s my biggest issue with it. These factors squash the skill gap, That’s fine to some people but I like to be rewarded for not doing stupid stuff like pulling my defenders out of position. In 22 the defenders kind of force themselves in to good positions, giving a nice handicap to everyone whose bad at defending.

That, and the pacing - it doesn’t have to be 21 pacing but it is frustratingly slow which allows your opponent to read a higher percentage of what you’re doing.

And you all get too much help with skill moves glitching through people feet or passes that were 3 centre metres away from player not being intercepted. You all be quiet about defence. Defence has been fairly modified and balanced. Now you guys need to play football to score and not pass a ball straight to opponents feet and still get it. And dont even start about the 50 50 that used to bounce back into the attackers direction all the time. Now it goes where it should logically and realistically go
  • Fotbal_love_12
    It’s not better IMO.

And you all get too much help with skill moves glitching through people feet or passes that were 3 centre metres away from player not being intercepted. You all be quiet about defence. Defence has been fairly modified and balanced. Now you guys need to play football to score and not pass a ball straight to opponents feet and still get it.

Also the slow pace is about your tactics and instructions so stop going backwards
  • Fotbal_love_12
    joshyw wrote: »
    21 was terrible yet at this stage last year it was receiving the same praise that 22 is getting so who knows how it’s going to pan out. As long as they don’t patch things that don’t need patching then hopefully we’ll have a good game on our hands.

The patching comes from the community that dont want to change and learn how to play real football. Some people complain when its their tactics not set right and when they dont read a play on defence they cry about it. Ppl talking about over head through balls and the double tap ones. Have played against it just positioned myself correctly to counter it thats all . But as you say once they dont patch what doesnt need patching we will be good
  • Traphouse420
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you don’t have delay, yeah maybe you can consider it better than 21, if you have the slightest bit of delay on next gen you’re ❤️❤️❤️❤️ though, it’s basically unplayable. Delay on next gen is worse than last year’s.
  • Cbn
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’s not better IMO.

And you all get too much help with skill moves glitching through people feet or passes that were 3 centre metres away from player not being intercepted. You all be quiet about defence. Defence has been fairly modified and balanced. Now you guys need to play football to score and not pass a ball straight to opponents feet and still get it. And dont even start about the 50 50 that used to bounce back into the attackers direction all the time. Now it goes where it should logically and realistically go

LOL atleast AI aint doing skill moves for you.
  • ICUP
    4986 posts Big Money Move
    Passing is so stupid on 22, simple 5 yard pass and they can’t even do it properly but you can somehow pump a 45 yard through ball with precision
  • nowback2me
    198 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ICUP wrote: »
    Passing is so stupid on 22, simple 5 yard pass and they can’t even do it properly but you can somehow pump a 45 yard through ball with precision

This!

Normal passes, i can't seem to put any power on, but a through ball, i have no problem. I play in 1-2 combinations so not being able to make a simple 5 yard pass isn't working for me.