Players you think are actually going to be more usable than in previous fifa's?

TDOF
8766 posts League Winner
Here's my list of players i'm actually kind of looking forward to actually trying;

ExoQy6I.png

PlQobEp.png

HjYc1XR.png

9U4FYVb.png

PIM versions of someone like Trezeguet, Shearer, Wright, Owen, Kluivert, Socrates could be great too.

Opens up quite a big range of options.

Comments

• djnition
    1437 posts Play-Off Hero
    scholes pirlo more then anything honestly
  • CJ Whu
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ruben Dias, at the moment the defending and physicality stats actually mean something! Also strong attackers like Ibra.
  • Dutch3723
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    I agree and think (assuming no stupid patches that change things...) that strikers with finishing and defenders with proper defending seem to be way better than just rapid full backs / wingers like previous years. Looking forward to it - about 50% of icons were totally unusable last year whereas with this build, Moore / Nesta / Baresi etc... could be briiliant. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
  • TDOF
    8766 posts League Winner
    CJ Whu wrote: »
    Ruben Dias, at the moment the defending and physicality stats actually mean something! Also strong attackers like Ibra.

Maybe if Ibra gets special cards this year, i still think he's a bit too slow.
  • DannySTFC
    7613 posts League Winner
    Weak foot/skill moves kills the likes of RVN and van Basten for me. I don’t mind having a striker who isn’t super quick, but in front of goal the SM and WF are too important.

Cantona was my aim from day one last year, not sure this time. I want to say Rooney, but it’s dependant on his SM on the prime and PIM.
  • TDOF
    8766 posts League Winner
    Dutch3723 wrote: »
    I agree and think (assuming no stupid patches that change things...) that strikers with finishing and defenders with proper defending seem to be way better than just rapid full backs / wingers like previous years. Looking forward to it - about 50% of icons were totally unusable last year whereas with this build, Moore / Nesta / Baresi etc... could be briiliant. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Nesta i think could be good. However Moore and Baresi aren't the tallest and their strength isn't great... Idk how they would be able to go up against someone big, tall and fast. Like lukaku or something.
  • LiamG
    398 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm looking forward to trying the 87 RVP. Looks a good all rounder and perfect for a first icon if his price is right.
  • Dutch3723
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    TDOF wrote: »
    Dutch3723 wrote: »

Nesta i think could be good. However Moore and Baresi aren't the tallest and their strength isn't great... Idk how they would be able to go up against someone big, tall and fast. Like lukaku or something.

Fair point - I just hope EA get the timing right too. Release these sorts of cards ahead of the curve, before the monster cards come out, and they might get used a little more, and then no-one will have as much of an issue when they get overtaken by the insane summer cards right at the end of the cycle.
  • abhreebhu_45
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Just used totw dezko n he was fantastic
    M looking to use RVN this time

👑 drogba was immense for me last edition
  • Seeleyjs17
    1242 posts Professional
    Cavani has been great. Other fifas you would not have been able to use him
  • ProfanPes
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Adebayo akinfenwa.
    Phil Jones.
    Edin dzeko.
    And jonjo shelvey
  • ICUP
    5132 posts Big Money Move
    Gabriel
    Ben white
    Cedric
  • PaulDr
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well so far Thiago (Liverpool) has surprised me.
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Exactly as the OP says. What a relief I can actually use players like them. Just playing with Isco actually confirms they are usable this year. I love it!
  • Mdm
    4666 posts Big Money Move
    Hoping vvd
    Bergkamp
  • juliuscaesar8
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seeleyjs17 wrote: »
    Cavani has been great. Other fifas you would not have been able to use him

Tried Kane, extremely meh. Tried Cavani, really good. Jorginho has also been decent.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4776 posts National Call-Up
    I always get Henry, just hope he's better his year. Foden has been brilliant for me so far, also Richarlson. I need more coins to get the bigger players.
  • ElasticoRager
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don’t get too excited just yet, couple of patches to come that will change the game.
  • BadSeedsFC
    1745 posts Play-Off Hero
    ICUP wrote: »
    Gabriel
    Ben white
    Cedric

How is Gabriel bro? I'm looking forward to get him for my low budget Premier squad.
  • ICUP
    5132 posts Big Money Move
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    ICUP wrote: »
    Gabriel
    Ben white
    Cedric

How is Gabriel bro? I'm looking forward to get him for my low budget Premier squad.

94-BE4-FAB-DF82-44-B8-8-BE0-89-E6-ECAC2-BBC.png

Thought he would be horrible because of the pace but he’s been immense. Managed to get myself into Div 6 with him in defence
  • Wurrsmycash
    1369 posts Professional
    Immobile has been an absolute beast for me so far...first touch was a bicycle kick goal in rivals and has 10 in 8 and 6 assists

Slightly apprehensive as him along with other target men were good last year until the first patch one week in
  • fussydutchman
    1828 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lukaku
  • Dutch3723
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    SO far I've been really impressed with Luis Suarez
  • lewspaz
    1365 posts Play-Off Hero
    Haaland personally for me. I know people rated him last year but I couldnt get along with him but hoping I can this year
  • Roobar
    1427 posts Play-Off Hero
    Been using KDB on my trial, always get him but never lives up to what he should but this year he finally feels top class. Pace doesn't feel an issue, he seems smother than previous years and his passing seems to seperate him from low rated players. Lot of fun
  • BioNicoM2
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lewandowski ! He is beast. Benched Haaland.
  • TDOF
    8766 posts League Winner
    BioNicoM2 wrote: »

You think so? I was using haaland in div 5 the other day and scored 21 goals for me in 6 games (trial ran out) but is he really much better for you? @BioNicoM2
  • BioNicoM2
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 26
    TDOF wrote: »
    BioNicoM2 wrote: »

You think so? I was using haaland in div 5 the other day and scored 21 goals for me in 6 games (trial ran out) but is he really much better for you? @BioNicoM2

I am gold 2/3 player and cannot use pace for my advantage. With Haaland I cannot find a way to score. In 15 games 7 goals when Lewa is always where he has to be be and better finisher with 18 goals in 15.

Now I am changong tactic to 1 striker with lewa extra player in mid.
  • FifaProDK
    1650 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 26
    Diego Milito and Mario Gomez hero cards 😍
  • TDOF
    8766 posts League Winner
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    Diego Milito and Mario Gomez hero cards 😍

Oh yeah, i actually forgot about hero cards. A lot of people said they'd be not usable, Morientes might actually be great.