This will go down as one off the worst fifa ever made

Comments

• paul24878306
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    JustyX wrote: »
    10 games today. Zero wins. I’m at a complete loss. Right now I feel it’s the biggest waste of £80 I have ever spent.

12 today, won 8 drew 3 list 1.

Slow build up, posession in oponants half, fullbacks on join attack to provide the width (that rips narrow drop back teams apart). Pass and move.

Working for me.
  • paul24878306
    Heppers wrote: »
    This game is horrific on PS5.

- Players feel unresponsive with passes being delayed and small, agile players with good dribbling stats feeling stiff.
    - Goalkeepers are broken. YOU CAN'T SCORE
    - The AI is too strong and all drop so deep. Either that or every opponent already has 1 depth.
    - How can you release a game and not realise that GKs are

Honestly, im finding scoring easier than any fifa since 17 for me.

Maybe it just suits how i always play.
  • SimenHP
    4813 posts Big Money Move
    So what I have seen so far:

Pros:

1. Gameplay is slower.

2. It's harder to score (unless you take a chip shot).

3. Commentary seems to feel more like real people talking.

4. Fifa 21 OP skill moves aren't really here anymore. So imo as a skiller, I find it more fun to skill now because it's more of a challenge. (btw. skill moves are kind of OP sometimes, for example I scored a skill goal from kickoff with Rebic where none of my opponents defenders looked to even try to stop me)

5. Midfielders with good passing seems to be useful this year. How they will do against promo cards with 90+ pace and dribbling I don't know yet.

6. Defenders with under 70 pace aren't the best, but they are more useful then in Fifa 21.

Cons:

5. Something is wrong with defending. Cutting off passes is so OP it's insane when passing forward, but if you pass backward they never seems to try to block the pass at all. Switching between players also seems to be all over the place.

2. It has the same bug as every Fifa, where if you lose the ball your player just stands still instead of reacting right away, Why TF won't EA fix this bug?

3. Shooting is inconsistent.

4. Goalkeepers are worse than ever. Sometimes they don't move when the opponents shoot, while other times they make prime Casillas reflex saves. AND THEY NEVER EVER SAVES CHIP SHOTS!

5. My Lozano is still better than Suarez, Dybala and Immobile (only high profil strikers I've tried).

6. Gameplay has some kind of bug where the connection goes to sh*t for a second or two a few times every match.

7. Chip shots are just as OP as we remember them.

8. But the worst thing is that imo, this game is just as boring to play as all the other Fifa's since WL became a thing. I still can't decide if I will buy it or not, but so far after 8 hours of trial EA haven't impressed me enough to pay £60 for Fifa 22.

• KingBarca
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    Scoring is far too easy.

Problem is you people try to carry the ball into the net.
    The game has the same problems as one of the Fifa had a few years ago.

Finesse Shots from basically everywhere are 90 times out of 100 times in.
    Just get a decent player with decent shooting stats.
    Hell even a Bronze Defender has a high chance to hit those shots.
    Keepers can't save long shots.
    Its just about hitting the target.

Pros and Streamers are currently showing them all the time on Twitch.
    You will basically in a few days once everyone has the game see this all the time against you so get used to it until they patch it a few weeks after release.
    But until then you better use it or you'll be down a few goals by default.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    3654 posts National Call-Up
    I think its not gameplay. Its bloody servers again.

When servers are fine, gameplay feels great. I dont bother GK saves , as its easy to patch/ adjust.

But when servers are laggy , its impossible to enjoy this game.

I agree on the most part. The difference is massive. You can't defend at all in delay, the defenders just slide about and don't lock on to tackles. Playing out from defence is suicide as the passes take so long to release. Trying to break down low depth defences is also impossible for the same reasons.

I think I could possibly get used to it if it wasn't for the delay that makes it totally imbalanced and unplayable.

• Maximus AK47
    2883 posts National Call-Up
    Fergvsfood wrote: »
    A few times while playing today , I found my self actually saying out load, how did this game get past quality control to the point of release?
    Seriously some of the stuff going on is pure comedy.

all true... I mean last year the game was fine for 2/3 weeks... and turned garbage after that...

I HOPED that this year it will be at least 1 month playable...

BUt after 2 days, its GARBAGE servers quality. Same trash as it happened in fifa 21
  • JustyX
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2021
    Lost 12 in a row. I’m having a great time.

Think I’m going to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this game off.
  • paul24878306
    My guess is the finesd shot outside the box is a way they are trying to stop 1 depth pack the box defending.

If you defend on the edge of the bix thise finess shots get blocked, but theres room in behind.

I kind of like it, you can adapt to how your oponant defends and find the way to score.
  • JustyX wrote: »

What division were you in on 21? I was a division 4 player and am struggling.
  • JustyX

Div 5. Nothing I try is working. Absolutely nothing!
  • Greg_18
    15 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Thanks for ea access and Xbox gamepass, my hype dissapeared after 10 or something games in rivals and I didn't spend any extra money yet. Slower gameplay is not an issue for me ( I'd say i like it ). MASSIVE delay, ai defending, automatic pass interceptions players, moving like turtles will probably keep me away this year. I switched from PS4 to Xbox series x this year but for me it is far away from calling it next gen.

Bring me back FIFA 18 from release please
  • Damo_Suzuki

Maybe you have bad gameplay/delay? Give it a rest and try another day it's awful at the moment.
  • Nickthegreek20
    1965 posts Fans' Favourite

Don’t feel too bad. I was in Div 1/2 last year and I’m 8-3-14 so far this year.
  • David12344
    20209 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2021
    Just have to say leave my man @Orison Alone 😂.

God you can have different opinions you know.

Also man is not a skill spammer or a clown.

That will be all
  • David12344
    20209 posts Club Captain
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Stuff like this should just never happen. Their new "engine" sort of thing was their one big selling point. The collision detection system is worse than it was in previous years :D
    XUs9bO6.gif

why? have you never seen a real life player make a mess of things like this - I certainly have.

there HAS to be some variance if players mess up, or badly control things - thats what football is, and its realistic. If its not there -0 then it becomes too mechanical, too pattern based (and its bad enough already there) and no fun at all.

I actually thought you were joking but you are really serious

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you don’t understand why a video game can’t have something like that…then no one can help you.

Sigh..... its supposed to emulate football -mistakes, mis-controls and all. Its far better that way. if you dont see that - no one can help you.

You’re coming across as a bit of a weapon mate.

Or can you not see that randomness like that can lose you a game. And the only reason you should lose in a VIDEOGAME(?!) should be down to user error. RNG shouldn’t be a factor.

It is in most video games.

At 54 ive spent decades playing games, since 78 in fact...

Im well aware of how games work. In same cases (ie some games) your right but in anything emulating real world activities you gave to build in dome randomness or its too robotic.

If course your free to disagree.

Disagree mate. It’s a video game it’s hard enough with delay and bad gameplay. Without these bugs.

I don’t want to lose a game to random stuff.

• paul24878306
    David12344 wrote: »
    Stuff like this should just never happen. Their new "engine" sort of thing was their one big selling point. The collision detection system is worse than it was in previous years :D
    XUs9bO6.gif

why? have you never seen a real life player make a mess of things like this - I certainly have.

there HAS to be some variance if players mess up, or badly control things - thats what football is, and its realistic. If its not there -0 then it becomes too mechanical, too pattern based (and its bad enough already there) and no fun at all.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you don’t understand why a video game can’t have something like that…then no one can help you.

Sigh..... its supposed to emulate football -mistakes, mis-controls and all. Its far better that way. if you dont see that - no one can help you.

Or can you not see that randomness like that can lose you a game. And the only reason you should lose in a VIDEOGAME(?!) should be down to user error. RNG shouldn’t be a factor.

Im well aware of how games work. In same cases (ie some games) your right but in anything emulating real world activities you gave to build in dome randomness or its too robotic.

Disagree mate. It’s a video game it’s hard enough with delay and bad gameplay. Without these bugs.

Agree with the delay for sure.
  • David12344
    20209 posts Club Captain
    David12344 wrote: »
    XUs9bO6.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Agree with the delay for sure.

Yeah it’s bad already lol. One month time unplayable again
  • It's not delay as in bad servers.

It's the animations making the game feel slow and delayed.

Lets say you want to turn around, you input the direction on the left stick, your player will now do some animations that are realistic but take their time so to you it feels as if it's delayed, because the end result of your input (the player now facing the opposite direction) happens so much later than your original input.

That's why I said I don't need 5 new animations for turning. Give me one animation, if it's unrealistic so be it, but make it quick, responsive and make it happen everytime instead of me having to pray for good servers, good RNG, a good animation or whatever.
  • fatELVIS77
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As this thread is already 10 pages long I am guessing I should stay well clear of buying FIFA22. Just a few questions before I do though.

Can Harry Maguire play 80 yard through balls straight to attackers?
    Does constant pressure render your team useless?
    Do defenders have GO Go Gadget legs and block every shot?
    Does the AI on squad battles do 180 degree spin no look passes, and then lobbed passes constantly?
    Are the EA servers a technology from 1997?

• abhreebhu_45
    9592 posts League Winner
    fatELVIS77 wrote: »
    As this thread is already 10 pages long I am guessing I should stay well clear of buying FIFA22. Just a few questions before I do though.

Can Harry Maguire play 80 yard through balls straight to attackers?
    Does constant pressure render your team useless?
    Do defenders have GO Go Gadget legs and block every shot?
    Does the AI on squad battles do 180 degree spin no look passes, and then lobbed passes constantly?
    Are the EA servers a technology from 1997?

Servers are still the same
    Autoblocks are existing

But others issues(that u put)are kinda sorted
  • abhreebhu_45
    9592 posts League Winner
    I saw a pattern now(in terms of lag)

5 in game minutes at the start of 2nd half lagged for me in all 4 games I played tonight (2 DR n 2 SB),,all during the same time,,rest matches were normal
  • Dinksy
    2296 posts Fans' Favourite
    Honestly, this is the closest FIFA has ever been to PES gameplay in my experience. And considering I prefer PES gameplay, but FIFA's styled Ultimate Team, it's the best of both worlds
  • JustyX
    This has to be the worse FIFA ever. Even the original on my mega drive was more fun.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    It's not delay as in bad servers.

It's the animations making the game feel slow and delayed.

Lets say you want to turn around, you input the direction on the left stick, your player will now do some animations that are realistic but take their time so to you it feels as if it's delayed, because the end result of your input (the player now facing the opposite direction) happens so much later than your original input.

That's why I said I don't need 5 new animations for turning. Give me one animation, if it's unrealistic so be it, but make it quick, responsive and make it happen everytime instead of me having to pray for good servers, good RNG, a good animation or whatever.

Nope, it's what you say as standard and it's 5x worse in bad games.
  • ohbuggerit
    56 posts Park Captain
    XUs9bO6.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

RNG has to be part of fifa, how else do you emulate players stats. Otherwise no difference if you are in a 1 on 1 using kane or adama. Random chaos is part of football and is one reason why I love it. Sometimes the ball hits the ref before a perfect pass. Sometimes a normally reliable defender underhits a backpass etc.

Personally I'd like a little more of this stuff. I'd like injuries to mean something for example. As long as they balance with red cards fir malicious tackles.
  • Finesse_4days
    17469 posts World Class
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Right they nerfed the step over for being to fast despite all the complaints about the game and animations being to slow.

They also nerfed the bridge but left the directional bridge alone.

For saying last year was to slow at the start don’t you think it became one of the fastest most arcade fifas? I mean it wasn’t as pace arcade as the lb y 352 years but by no means was it slow like it was thought to be at the start.

It definitely wasn't fast. Was slow as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ compared to older Fifas. Skill moves were crazy op though, dribbling was still nowhere near good enough even on the top cards but it did become arcadey with the skill moves you could do. I'm a neutral in this debate, fine either way as long as skill moves are atleast useable.
  • Fifapayne
    5143 posts Big Money Move
    ohbuggerit wrote: »
    XUs9bO6.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

RNG has to be part of fifa, how else do you emulate players stats. Otherwise no difference if you are in a 1 on 1 using kane or adama. Random chaos is part of football and is one reason why I love it. Sometimes the ball hits the ref before a perfect pass. Sometimes a normally reliable defender underhits a backpass etc.

Personally I'd like a little more of this stuff. I'd like injuries to mean something for example. As long as they balance with red cards fir malicious tackles.

Yeah man a random injury with an open net..would make the game awesome

/s
  • Delay is atrocious, takes me ages to turn and pass the ball, if my opponent knows how to press I will lose possession in no time, yet when I try to press my players are skating on ice and I can’t even get a sniff of the ball. I still won 17 games and lost 8 but most goals were against run of play or counter goals, no build up play at all. I can’t even run down the wing to try and cross a ball in I get instantly closed down. Never expected it to be like this.
  • RSL183
    1018 posts Professional
    I believe players got so used to juiced up cards that now when they have to go back to the start it's the "worst fifa ever" ....it's a game. Just try to have fun. I'm enjoying it. A few adjustments needed but doesn't need to be massively patched
  • Interesting.
    cc818d80390e916d0ac499324a420f5a.gif
This discussion has been closed.