I wonder if it is worth it to spend 4~5 million coins for Gullit

Any thoughts? Cheers!

Comments

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Not a chance
  • McFandan
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes! Acuna and Renato are now benched to fit him in my team.
  • Woot99999
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I didn't get on well with him until I played him at CB. Now he doesn't leave my team
  • mox08
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    CB????

MAN.... THE nerve....
  • I didn't like him in central midfield, he's alright, but to heavy on the ball.
    But I tried him in 433/5 like CF and let me tell you that he is a beast.
    He terrorized the defenders I laughed so much.I love him now.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    Nowhere near worth that. Acuna is better for way cheaper.
  • Got him twice in PIM pp. He is good but I feel there are better cards in CDM position. Futties Sissoko has better Def status.
  • Team Sam
    3974 posts National Call-Up
    I'm really enjoying him, but did him for free using the 85x10.

Might as well just buy and try at this stage of the game.
  • KTorres
    60 posts Park Captain
    Thanks everyone.
    You guys are really kind :)
  • KTorres wrote: »
    Thanks everyone.
    You guys are really kind :)
    You're welcome. Kindness what mostly expected in fifa forums. 🌿

• Retropoe82
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ive got him, tried at cdm viera is way better, moved him to cm as a box/box player hes good but as ppl have mentioned i prefer acuna, toty/totts bruno even fof varatti. prob with gullit for me is his balance seems clunky
  • abhreebhu_45
    14846 posts World Class
    He's top quality,,acuna is top tier too,,but gullit has the sauce
  • BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2021
    I dont like gullit. But i dont like vieira either... Too clunky for me... If you have to use a clunky player at cdm, i'd say i prefer PIM Zidane. He even get lots of assist from that position.

But 99 kante, 95 guendozi are better still... Same with pim essien, pim makelele and pim petit and pim gattuso if they have shadow on

But if you are comfortable with the clunky, slow moving players then i guess gullit is good.

Sidenote: i play 3-1-4-2 so I need a fast agile cdm to hold up the counter
  • spy
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    I bought him to try earlier in the week but haven’t played a game with him yet!
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Paired him up with Kante in 4222. He's good at holding the ball and interceptions. There's no other midfielder with such physical presence. Sissoko and Pogba have similar or better stats, but Gullit has special sauce. The only midfielder that's close to Gullit is Pogba, but still prefer Gullit.

I have Renato and Acuña too, but they play RB and LB in my team.
  • ozcs_69
    4859 posts Big Money Move
    KTorres wrote: »

Any thoughts? Cheers!

not this year, toty bruno benched him
  • Mdm
    5120 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2021
    Renato
    Acuna
    Kante

Would be worth 15 million in price comparison

And viera 10

Gullit is good. And would have ruled the roost 3 months ago

Would put Bruno
    Verrati

Above him

And maybe lothar
  • FilipCRO
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    He is not as good/godlike as I expected, but still enjoy using him for sentimental reasons. I have him, Matthaus, and Acuna in the mid. Vieira plays as CB mostly.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    KTorres wrote: »

Any thoughts? Cheers!

not this year, toty bruno benched him

I went from PIM Vieira & Gullit to Acuna & TOTY Bruno. Never thought I’d drop those 2 but I had to, they’re too stiff.
  • limjitwe
    10074 posts Has That Special Something
    He’s abit stiff in today’s context. Well defensively he’s a unit. But offensively, he’s not as good as Acuna and Sanches
  • futaddict79
    2400 posts National Call-Up
    I have gullit and acuna as cms acuna is quicker and has that horrible ratness about him, and gullit is just class, I prefer gullit on the basis I have heard of him and briefly watched games he was in, I hadn't heard of acuna until I played fifa
  • The_giant616
    1631 posts Play-Off Hero
    He’s not agile enough
  • All4fun1991
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2021
    He was only good during the beginning of FIFA 21 because of weaker cards but after TOTS and futties he could not compete against Acuna, Kante, Sanches and even De jong..Too many better options in midfield towards the end.
  • EekAlaska
    2964 posts National Call-Up
    I have had lots of fun using him so far. Much better than Verati, Acuna etc. Imo.
  • Mogga
    3355 posts National Call-Up
    i`ve totally not been able to get on with him or PIM Ronaldo, its very sad haha. Both just seem a bit slow for the end of the game and just get chased down and dispossessed.

I dont really have a fixed "best" team as such but I do like pele and eusebio over PIM Ronaldo and probs prefer Vieira, Kante, Verrati etc over Gullit. Weirdly also not fussed on Acuna
  • LordSettler
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Mogga wrote: »
    i`ve totally not been able to get on with him or PIM Ronaldo, its very sad haha. Both just seem a bit slow for the end of the game and just get chased down and dispossessed.

I dont really have a fixed "best" team as such but I do like pele and eusebio over PIM Ronaldo and probs prefer Vieira, Kante, Verrati etc over Gullit. Weirdly also not fussed on Acuna

I couldn't do Pele, but PIM R9 feels exactly as you described him. I feel he lacks power and he doesn't move like Neymar either (to make up for it).

So, CR7 SBC ends up being an upgraded version of him in every aspect.
  • All4fun1991
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    Mogga wrote: »

Have to agree with this, Pele is the only one I’m able to use and I only bring him on second half…unfortunately I couldn’t enjoy R9, Gullit, towards the end…plus FIFA 21 could be the worst gameplay I’ve ever experienced.
  • KurzBobby
    232 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gutted I never did Pele.

R9 has been such a disappointment, crazy how EA can produce a game where a PIM R9 card is bettered by cards that now go for less than 100k. Last year he was immense.