• Diggy
    15572 posts World Class
    Poor
    Base mid & prime should be available on release PIMs at Christmas

Then we can have the good PIMs in SBCs by TOTS
  • RadioShaq
    19811 posts Moderator
    Good
    Looking back on it. They really did make every icon available to normal users which is a good step. I also liked that all year casuals could get low rated icons too. I would say if they did the free icon sbcs about a month earlier it would have been perfect.
  • WFCBagnall
    95332 posts Moderator
    Poor
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Looking back on it. They really did make every icon available to normal users which is a good step.

Far, far too late in the game cycle though and they only became accessible because of a upgrade sbc.

Drip feeding one icon sbc release every Sunday alongside Icon swaps which the reward that 95% of the users take aren't even icon related and packs that you can't even get icons from.

The whole icon program needs a rethink next year, but I'm fearing that it won't by looking at the fact that there are only four new icons this year and no changes to any of the existing icons in terms of stats.
  • RadioShaq wrote: »
    Looking back on it. They really did make every icon available to normal users which is a good step. I also liked that all year casuals could get low rated icons too. I would say if they did the free icon sbcs about a month earlier it would have been perfect.

Yeah, they are only accessible now, because everything is accessible due to one single SBC.

It's not because their icon program was good (because it was an embarassment), it's because of the send off they gave to the game in general.
  • Finesse_4days
    17835 posts World Class
    Poor

You must be taking the ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
    Nearly as bad as thinking attacking should be full manual on ultimate team.
  • Finesse_4days
    17835 posts World Class
    edited September 2021
    Poor
    Who the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ uses Icons like Crespo and Larsson even in about February anyway? I used some rubbish ones just to try out for abit but most people couldn't care less about the bad icons being cheap.
    The average user uses a meta squad in a 451 with Neymar and Varane before Tots, the icons are either ❤️❤️❤️❤️ or too expensive for most users before the market crashes just before Tots.
  • RadioShaq
    19811 posts Moderator
    Good
    At least ea is making offense more and more manual each year. Eventually it will be full manual it will just take the community time to get used to a skill gap.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    Poor
    I agree, if you want me to use Crespo I’m not against it, but he needs to be accessible in October.
  • ContraCode64
    4281 posts National Call-Up
    Poor
    At least ea is making offense more and more manual each year. Eventually it will be full manual it will just take the community time to get used to a skill gap.

I'm not sure delivering woeful attacking ai counts as EA making offense more manual, it's just a by product of a poor performing feature/mechanic.
  • RadioShaq
    19811 posts Moderator
    Good
    They are forcing you to use more manual settings in the competitive mode next year. While it’s not all set to full manual next year maybe after the community gets used to it we will get a full manual game eventually.
  • Mc_chigby
    1374 posts Professional
    Fair
    Compared to legends and early icon days they are much more accessible.
    However, sbcs were clearly a last second reversal last year, overpriced, and behind the curve. Worse still they made the roulette pick icon packs cheaper than some of the lower grade icons.
    Hoping 22 they are able to improve further but still some way to go before fully accessible to all
  • RadioShaq wrote: »
    They are forcing you to use more manual settings in the competitive mode next year. While it’s not all set to full manual next year maybe after the community gets used to it we will get a full manual game eventually.

Never.

And rightfully so.

It would be impossible to play, frustrating for everybody and an even worse game than it is now. People would just do skillmoves absolutely everywhere as every skill would be less risky than a pass.
  • KurzBobby
    232 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2021
    Poor
    Poor but mainly because they opened up access with the brilliant 87x10 but onoy once the game was virtually over. Shame they couldn't have done this a few weeks earlier. Then again guess this would have impacted the WL.

Also the pick SBC prices were ridiculous.

Tbh the icons I've played with this week have been disappointing in terms of performance compared with PTG and SS cracked cards... BUT... It's still so much fun to play with the likes of Ronaldinho etc as pervious they'd have been well out of my reach.