How is your Weekend League going - Week 48

Comments

• Chewbaccary
    2564 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've just registered a few minutes ago.

I'm trying to build an all PIM team through the 85x10 and the PIM pick SBC. Once that's done, I'll play a handful of games. Maybe 6 wins again as the target.
  • abhreebhu_45
    14846 posts World Class
    edited September 2021
    After a game that I just won(despite dominating possession but opponent creating better chances,,denied by oblak,,his 2nd Motm performance since replacing neuer) a realization was made,,3 ATB with Vieira ain't working n also struggled for chances as my opponent let gullit run but covered others making runs around him

So back to 4-1-2-1-2(2),,with some changes from the team that played last wl

Screenshot-20210911-113940-Companion.jpg

Oblak continues,,Maldini ipo Ramos who moves RB,,Alba in for vazquez,,kdb in for atal

1st game with it n Vieira's presence cld b felt,,threw opponent's cr7 n messi
    Acuna is the perfect LCM simply because of his left foot n work rate in game
    Cruyff struggled but in came Nani to bag a motm performance
    Kdb felt a let down in 1st half,but persisted with him n was a boss in 2nd
    Ramos struggled on few occasions (not as pacey on flank) but recovered well n those tackles were good(if he struggles then 2 options on bench are present,llorente n paredes)

Screenshot-20210911-113838-FUT-Track.jpg
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    1-0.

Wasn't going to play anymore but I did R9, CR7 and Dinho SBC's over the last 2 days so I want to try them out.

Won my first game on pens. Connection was abysmal. The guy had massive advantage. Doesn't bode well as I won't last long if all the games are like this. It would be nice to get at least a couple of smooth games to try the new cards out in :(
  • Chewbaccary
    2564 posts Fans' Favourite
    Here's the team I put together with random icon pick pulls:

zu31K7A.jpg

Henry and R10 are from their individual SBCs.

I bought Cole off the market.

Rest were pulled from the SBC in the last 1-2 days.

Will play around with different lineups and see who stands out.
  • Mogga
    3355 posts National Call-Up
    Lost first 3. Removed all my 99 rated players and went back to my serie a side. Now 5-4. All bar 1 of my defeats have been close and left me feeling a bit hard done by. All my wins have been thrashings, absolute beatings, where I've scored 7 or 8. Might even of got 9 in one of them 🤣.

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    YidArmy wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    YidArmy wrote: »
    Evening lads, hope you're all well!

I've not played FUT or Registered in WL since the Fifa 22 beta came out.

Been checking in here though and saw it was the last one so thought I'd play some this evening.

Not done any of these upgrade packs you guys have been doing so haven't benefitted for big upgrades on the squad.

Sold my tradeable players though so had a healthy coin balance to spend. Brought in SS CR7 and my ultimate fav this year SS Sterling.

Currently at 5-0.

This CR7 is a monster. 13 in 5 games and I think each game was a rage quit too. Can't be dealing with 30 squad SBC's so this one will have to do!

The difference in gameplay from the Beta to this is stark. There are alot of people that are really going to struggle initially with the changes they've made for 22.

Hello mate. Good to see you 😁

He’s back raheem the dream yay. What a player he is right.

I have a question what are the differences with this and the new one mate ?

Good to see you too mate. Please keep your promise for no Fifa Points 🙏.

The main differences are that the game is slower, skill moves don't glitch through your defenders like they do now and your defenders can actually win the ball and not have it bounce back to the attacker.

I reached the Elite division and was playing against alot of verified / elite players. I managed to beat alot of them, mainly because the skilling inside the box just doesn't work like it does on 21. The animations are slower for every skill move and the fact that defenders can actually cleanly win the ball is huge. I use 5 skills too, but not as much as alot of elite players. Will be interesting to see what the final game ends up looking like, could completely change and skills are OP again...

I’ll definitely be keeping that mate. Hopefully it stays that way and we are not playing Volta again mate.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    7-0 now, going well but I need a break until later.

Ditched Dinho after 5 games and brought Pele back in at CAM who I think is a lot better. SBC CR7 is unreal. I don't like his cards normally as they feel a bit clunky for my playstyle but this one feel immense. Fat PIM Ronaldo is like every year....some games he's amazing but against drop back 4231 or 442 defensive in bad gameplay he isnt as effective as he just stands still. I think 99 Neymar is probably better but I'm going to persevere with PIM Ronaldo for fun as I've used Neymar for ages already.
  • The_giant616
    1631 posts Play-Off Hero
    IronMike69 wrote: »
    1-0 and staying there

Went to extra time with a bang average player because my players couldn't move pass shoot or dribble where as his Henry was gliding around the pitch like a prime Maradona (I am 2200 SR)

To be fair, Henry used to glide around the pitch in real life.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Hey guys. Hope you all are killing it out there

I wanted to share something. It’s not a rant. Just feedback really

I’m halfway in but only 5 wins.

My elo has been horrendous today and yesterday -4 / -5

So today I matched up with one of my PlayStation buddies. Good pal of mine. He is based in Singapore. Me in Thailand. Nothing amiss due to server location / proximity

Now some background. My buddy and I play often on friendlies. He’s on 90% win percentage. He’s obviously miles ahead of me. Div 1. Me Div 6.

As soon as I saw his line up and name. I knew it was him. I knew I was going to lose. But of course still played my best. Mentally though. I had lost the game

He didn’t know it was me yet. Because I always use a Bayern team. Used a PSG team today for this WL campaign

So I actually took the lead and held off until the 70th minute. Then I lost 3-1

We then had a chat and he was over the moon. I was his 17th win. Congratulations to him at my expense 😢

It’s not an exaggeration to say my chances of winning was low. I don’t think his elo was at my level either

Very naturally I feel hard done because I wonder how many other Div 1 players I am matched against. There’s no perfect system but lack of transparency is a bit sad.

I don’t expect free wins but of course a fair fight is not too much to ask for

Anyone have a similar experience like this?

Good luck to those playing. I’ll still try to play for 11 wins

Side note. Having fun. Messi is nice to use along with TOTY Mbappe. TOTS Neymar stealing the show for me with most assists and goals in ST position
  • abhreebhu_45
    14846 posts World Class
    JWNYsg wrote: »

So today I matched up with one of my PlayStation buddies. Good pal of mine. He is based in Singapore. Me in Thailand. Nothing amiss due to server location / proximity

Now some background. My buddy and I play often on friendlies. He’s on 90% win percentage. He’s obviously miles ahead of me. Div 1. Me Div 6.

As soon as I saw his line up and name. I knew it was him. I knew I was going to lose. But of course still played my best. Mentally though. I had lost the game

He didn’t know it was me yet. Because I always use a Bayern team. Used a PSG team today for this WL campaign

We then had a chat and he was over the moon. I was his 17th win. Congratulations to him at my expense 😢

It’s not an exaggeration to say my chances of winning was low. I don’t think his elo was at my level either

Very naturally I feel hard done because I wonder how many other Div 1 players I am matched against. There’s no perfect system but lack of transparency is a bit sad.

Side note. Having fun. Messi is nice to use along with TOTY Mbappe. TOTS Neymar stealing the show for me with most assists and goals in ST position

Even mine matchmaking was suspicious,,might b due to less players left
  • Mogga
    3355 posts National Call-Up
    Honestly man. Everyone I've played this afternoon has packed their box and just spammed long balls.
    I've just been putting the controller down and watching the footy.

The mindset of some of these players man. Every attacker in the game available, they get them and stick them on pure defend for their lives mode.
  • abhreebhu_45
    14846 posts World Class
    Is there anyone who doesn't spam skill moves at high elo??(n by high I mean +1/2)

3 games in after watching Chelsea struggle against villa n winning it(big rom scoring that rocket in the end was fantastic,,,edou n thiago saved us in 1st half)

1st,,average guy,,5-1 rq

2nd,,skill abuser,,just beat me 3-2,,though it was very tight

3rd,,another skill abuser,,cld hv won in normal time but my kdb just chipped it above his post when through in 80+,,into ET n he scored 2 quick ones,,Nani did score 1 for me n I cld hv equalized, but was careless ,,ended 5-4

Screenshot-20210912-011223-FUT-Track.jpg
  • chiholam
    1646 posts Play-Off Hero

That's clearly against EA's own description of ELO matchmaking in normal circumstances. You're -4 and he's something like +12? You said he was on 16 wins, and 90%, so sounds like +12 to +14?

I know they say that ELO is important, but they also take into location as well as not wanting people to sit on the looking for player screen and things like that. Could it be that there's not many players on in your region? It still shouldn't be such a massive gap in ELO though. I certainly would be annoyed if that happened to me.

Maybe that's why EA seem to be so against showing the opponent stats!
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    8-3 or something.

And I’m done. Only the rats left. Last game was against 532 one depth and I ain’t got time for that ❤️❤️❤️❤️. In September it’s sad so sad. You know can use any player you want and rewards are redundant so what’s the need to play in such and manor. Where is the fun in this video game.

Good luck all.
  • mox08
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    Usually dont play on a Sat to let the 30-0 guys get their ELO up but I just went ahead today as I was seriously bored out of my mind crafting PIM PPs and 85 x 10s.

This is my squad. I usually play a 433 variant but I really wanted R9 to click. And click did he.

I long suspected that he could not play as a solo ST so I went with the below team. Really wanted to pair Gullit/ Vieira and in a 4231 they were too cumbersome. However im now playing a 4312 and you can really tell their presence on the pitch. This is the advantage I guess as opposed to verratti and Acuna.

But in a 2 man ST formation, R9 has stolen the show from CR7 which im kinda peeved about. I think his movement is good , even compared to CR7 as in a 2 ST formation his always available. then once in the box, you do a reverse elastico / elastico and you are in.

Granted I am having a average week, currently at 9-4 or 5 losses. but this week was literally no pressure. Playing just to get games since no 1 plays Div Rivals anymore lol.

A side note, Cryuff as a CAM is , something else. I have used Pele, Neymar . Messi. I really dont think they come close to him? Maybe an exxaggeration but it was really fun with him.

There is a bug tho that makes him go LM in a 4312 formation altho he is suppsed to be CAM. anyone can help me out? I recall some 1 said I have to put him on stay forward? Do let me know.

Ky2SGFv.png
  • This WL have been awful, i live in colombia, but after the last thursday´s maintenance my team doesn´t move at all, my players don´t run as they were running before, my button delay increases more and more thru the match, and last thing I noticed is that my defensive line is too high even though I got them 2 lines deep, in my two last matches one of my CBs, went with out pushing any button to tackle wherever is the ball or my opponent player. i don´t know what to do to correct the delay, everything since last maintenance.

• Dead_Dave
    1918 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gold 3 and that will do, glad i did Pele he was brilliant.
  • Is there anyone who doesn't spam skill moves at high elo??(n by high I mean +1/2)

3 games in after watching Chelsea struggle against villa n winning it(big rom scoring that rocket in the end was fantastic,,,edou n thiago saved us in 1st half)

1st,,average guy,,5-1 rq

3rd,,another skill abuser,,cld hv won in normal time but my kdb just chipped it above his post when through in 80+,,into ET n he scored 2 quick ones,,Nani did score 1 for me n I cld hv equalized, but was careless ,,ended 5-4

Depends on what "spamming" means for you.
  • 13-3 but stopping now as the last 2 games have been on an awful connection, don’t know which one of us it is as the others have been okish.
    Had to drop Dinho already. Since I did R9, Dinho had to go to CM but he’s not the best there so sub for a bit.
  • hartley152
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    5-2 - i'm ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at the game but i still lose easy games because my players dont pass or react where i'm aiming, how does everyone else counteract this? obviously people get 30-0 so it's confusing lol
  • JCDRANZER
    445 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2021
    This weekend league is absolute bollocks for me. I won 4 in a row and then lost 4 in a row and now the next match isn't even starting, it's still loading and I'm not sure what to do. I think the guy quit before we loaded into the match, is that gonna count as a lost for me if I restart the game?

EDIT: It counted as a loss...wtf ea, so I'm at 4-5 with a match that didn't even start. At least 3 of my losses was BS especially with the one where the guy got a red card and I was winning at 3-0 and lost the match 5-4, the guy had 63 chem on his team..........why doesn't CHEM mean anything at all. WL is just rigged so that it's 50-50 win loss, it's deliberate from EA and they will never change.
  • D0lvl
    4845 posts Big Money Move
    My pursuit of Neymar, Vinicius, and toty mbappe has me putting off WL. Lol.

I’m also completing Maradona and Ronaldinho soon.

• JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move

Even mine matchmaking was suspicious,,might b due to less players left
    chiholam wrote: »

That's clearly against EA's own description of ELO matchmaking in normal circumstances. You're -4 and he's something like +12? You said he was on 16 wins, and 90%, so sounds like +12 to +14?

I know they say that ELO is important, but they also take into location as well as not wanting people to sit on the looking for player screen and things like that. Could it be that there's not many players on in your region? It still shouldn't be such a massive gap in ELO though. I certainly would be annoyed if that happened to me.

Maybe that's why EA seem to be so against showing the opponent stats!

Thanks guys. Hope to have flatten matchmaking today

Looking at schedule after this WL. There’s two more. Then it’s over
  • abhreebhu_45
    14846 posts World Class
    edited September 2021
    Orison wrote: »
    Is there anyone who doesn't spam skill moves at high elo??(n by high I mean +1/2)

1st,,average guy,,5-1 rq

Depends on what "spamming" means for you.

1/second with occasional chaining of different
  • abhreebhu_45
    14846 posts World Class
    JCDRANZER wrote: »
    This weekend league is absolute bollocks for me. I won 4 in a row and then lost 4 in a row and now the next match isn't even starting, it's still loading and I'm not sure what to do. I think the guy quit before we loaded into the match, is that gonna count as a lost for me if I restart the game?

EDIT: It counted as a loss...wtf ea, so I'm at 4-5 with a match that didn't even start. At least 3 of my losses was BS especially with the one where the guy got a red card and I was winning at 3-0 and lost the match 5-4, the guy had 63 chem on his team..........why doesn't CHEM mean anything at all. WL is just rigged so that it's 50-50 win loss, it's deliberate from EA and they will never change.

How do u know it was a loss?,,,only 10 remaining matches are shown on screen?
  • JCDRANZER
    445 posts An Exciting Prospect

I got the DNF warning and I checked the FUT Champ schedule.

As soon as I said that it was dodgy, I've been a losing streak for no freaking reason and it's genuinely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off. I have never lost this many matches in a row, 2 ppl raged quit before we even started playing because they say Pele and R9 in my team even tho they have god squads too with Icons.

I'm not sure who I'm playing against but it's ridiculous, I am sick as well not sure what I got but I don't know whether to continue playing or just sleep and do it tomorrow.

The lost streak is crazy and it feels like there is no ELO matchmaking.

• abhreebhu_45
    14846 posts World Class

I got the DNF warning and I checked the FUT Champ schedule.

As soon as I said that it was dodgy, I've been a losing streak for no freaking reason and it's genuinely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off. I have never lost this many matches in a row, 2 ppl raged quit before we even started playing because they say Pele and R9 in my team even tho they have god squads too with Icons.

I'm not sure who I'm playing against but it's ridiculous, I am sick as well not sure what I got but I don't know whether to continue playing or just sleep and do it tomorrow.

The lost streak is crazy and it feels like there is no ELO matchmaking.

Oh,,,it sucks for sure ,,hope u recover well
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    greif44 wrote: »
    Decided to drop some of the juiced cards and try out my pulls from icon PPs. Always wanted to try PIM Gullit, Cantona and Roberto Carlos. 3-1 atm. Sadly, R. Carlos is nothing special, but the first two are fun to use. 4222 in game
    xbMx2eb.jpg

7-2, continued with that team. Cantona is probably the best replacement for Zlatan that we never got. Was hoping to get ZZ or Dinho, but no luck so far.
    Went to extra time in 5 games already which usually happens maybe just once per WL.
  • abhreebhu_45
    14846 posts World Class
    edited September 2021
    It has been the toughest wl in terms of matchmaking,,as soon as I get on +1 elo m facing clear better players than me ,,a month back it used to happen at +3 n above

Morning session

1st game,,2-0 rq at 20th min,,maybe they had to go to loo

2nd game,,1-6 thrashing by a much better player

3rd game,,4-2 win against a decent opponent,,cruyff fineesed a lovely goal at 1-1 n then I never looked back,,his oblak made 9 saves in game,,including 2 impossible ones(one being a cutback from Nani to clear foden-new super sub)

4th game,,4-2 loss to another much better opponent,,though I was in game till the very end

Screenshot-20210912-102800-FUT-Track.jpg

M somehow losing interest now,,it's okay to lose against better players,,but these skillers are making me dizzy in some games
  • abhreebhu_45
    14846 posts World Class
    Next 4

1st,,easy peacy 5-0 win,,I even rubber banded first 20 min of 2nd half(had an urgent call),,n still my AI kept a clean sheet

2nd,,a well fought 1-3 loss,,his yashin saved him twice in 1 on 1 situation,absolutely brilliant saves,,he was really good with attacking though

3rd,,a hard 4-2 win against icon XI,,he had just 2 shots the whole game to mine 13,,3 out of the world saves by his vds,,cruyff again scoring the decisive 3rd goal(he's a genius)

4th,,a gritty 1-0 win,,he was definitely around my level as other than a neymar brilliance I didn't create a single decent chance,,he too was struggling attack wise,,so finally a fair match at positive elo

Screenshot-20210912-135241-FUT-Track.jpg

Not sure whether I will continue