Pele (99) of R9 (97)?

joeyvdk
73 posts Park Captain
Tempted to do one more SBC, just wondering who is more enjoyable to play with... Pele or R9 as a striker? (other striker will be CR7 - 99 and Ronaldinho - 95 will be the CAM).

Comments

• JimNoShoes
    1198 posts Professional
    I have all of the above and can’t make the Ronaldo’s work up top together, so it seems dediculous but might have to bench R9 to play Man U cR7 and pele 99.
  • JustyX
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m also struggling to get the best from R9. Not tried Pele yet. Mbappe and CR7 seem my most effective duo.
  • Tboon
    4758 posts Big Money Move
    A few days ago I packed Pele. So far he isn't worth his price. But maybe I've to figure out how to use him.
  • joeyvdk
    73 posts Park Captain
    Thanks guys, I might go for R9 then anyway because I'm old enough to have actually seen him play... (luckily) can't say that about Pele :#
  • KurzBobby
    232 posts Sunday League Hero
    I too have been struggling with R9. Moments of brilliance but often lost. Thing is, its definitely me, as I've been ripped apart by others using him. I'm maybe forcing play to him too much and hence being predictable. Also maybe need an instruction on him as he's not making the kind of runs CR7 makes.

Will have to learn how to use him, any tips?

Did him for free with the 85x10 gring, and 3 away from Ronaldinho too. Next up Maradona or Pele? Tbh not sure I can cope with any more 85x10... Just monotonous, but yet rewarding to get these crazy icons for free!!
  • Jordonp
    3188 posts National Call-Up
    Pele is an absolute superb CAM. He is constantly moving in to space. I’m tempted to say he’s better than futties Messi. Only 3 games deep though so I’ll hold that.
  • what3v3r
    1131 posts Professional
    Ronaldo is awesome for me. I was convinced by the forum idea that he was not a special player specially at this stage, but I am happy I completed him. He is not better than 99 CR7, but as a striker he is better than SS Neymar. There is something about his first touch that is more precise than every other players, and his finishing is more clinical (even though only 94 composure) than any other player in the game including 99 CR7. The only reason he is not better than Manchester United CR7 is the strength or maybe body type that makes CR7 win ❤️❤️❤️❤️ one on ones, ah and lack of air superiority as well
  • Maximus AK47
    2986 posts National Call-Up
    joeyvdk wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I might go for R9 then anyway because I'm old enough to have actually seen him play... (luckily) can't say that about Pele :#

mate, R9 is clearly better than Pele.

R9 and CR7 99 version are the 2 best pure ST in FIFA 21. (Neymar 99 and Mbappe are great at ST too but are not
    pure lone ST, both work well in a combo with other strong ST)

Pele is a fraud card really. Fake stats. I played him in drafts several times.

Do R9 sbc with 85+ packs. He is great.
  • KurzBobby
    Any opinions on Maradona? Thinking of one last SBC if I can be bothered after Ronaldinho... (2 squads left).
  • JohnShelby
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have Pele and Maradona… Diego is Way better for me.. pele is now on the bench and rarelly comes in.. maybe I don’t know how to use him but Maradona is one of the Best players i had… (have Neymar SS, CR7 99, Mbappe tots)
  • Lackosweat
    10970 posts Has That Special Something
    JohnShelby wrote: »
    I have Pele and Maradona… Diego is Way better for me.. pele is now on the bench and rarelly comes in.. maybe I don’t know how to use him but Maradona is one of the Best players i had… (have Neymar SS, CR7 99, Mbappe tots)

I’m glad there are still people that acknowledge the brilliance of Maradona. Very very good player even at this stage.
  • Delboy13710
    10211 posts Has That Special Something
    Pele has been benched for me now . Messi is so much better and it's not even close .

R9 is has the smoothest shooting I've ever used on any game . Took me a few games to get used to him , as he's dribbling is below par . But he's movement more then makes up for lack of Dribbling .

For me R9>> Pele
  • Pelé is more agile with better passing status and 5*4. He can be played in CAM and any attacking position. Ronaldo Nazário is 5*5, physically better with his own body type, less agility and passing and only ST position. Every one has his style and diffrent traits. I prefer to try both of them on 5 matches Loan card before you decide to do the SBC for one of them.
  • KurzBobby
    edited September 2021
    Thanks. Should be finished with Maradona tomorrow, just a few lower segments left. Looking forward to actually playing the game, rather than mindless hours grinding SBC's :)
  • kdirt
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2021
    Small sample size of just a few games but not liking Dinho or R9. I much prefer CR7, Mbappe, And pink Martial. Really hoping to pack Neymar as he seems to be all the rage with that 99 card.
  • Bozza88
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have done r9 cruyff and pele
    Liking all but I find r9 the hardest to love.

Was thinking of doing r10? Or euse? Think I only got the patience to do one more!

Have 99cr7 99 messi and 99 neymar.
    So far neymar is better I also pulled Toty mbappe so I have a selection headache.

Futties messi was off in. The 2 games I used him but I loved his tots….. shouod I give him another chance?