• Colesy
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good to see mind 👌
  • OptimusFawkes
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2021
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

Looks amazing

Also look at the shorts — perfect for their body. Some players for some reason get unusually large shorts and torsos (Firmino, Henderson, Tierney, Partey, Upamecano off the top of my head) and they’re almost unplayable

No one nowadays has ‘baggy’ shorts. Everything is tight, like Phillips’ attire
  • TeamExtreme17
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2021
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

Looks amazing

Also look at the shorts — perfect for their body. Some players for some reason get unusually large shorts and torsos (Firmino, Henderson, Tierney, Partey, Upamecano off the top of my head) and they’re almost unplayable

No one nowadays has ‘baggy’ shorts. Everything is tight, like Phillips’ attire

This is why Edit Real Player / Create Player needs a major overhaul. A simple Short, Normal or Long Shorts setting isn't hard to implement. We STILL can't choose Cold Weather Gear, there is STILL no Undershorts option (VOLTA even has the Long Robben style Undershorts, they're called Compression Pants) and players are STILL running around in Sweat Bands instead of short Wrist Tape 🤦🏻‍♂️

Honestly.. You'd think it was still Fifa 07!!!!!

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/603247/fifa-22-create-edit-real-player-thread
  • Dlima0284
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    Chances of new faces at release?
  • Getafe will never happen, the owners refused.

I assume it's to do with how the players image rights are distributed.
  • KentEagle
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dlima0284 wrote: »

There should be a few, if the rumours are true.

I remeber seeing Unai Simon in a trailer but not seen him in the beta.

Fingers crossed
  • Ashy
    20957 posts Club Captain
    Unai Simon and Reyna are two I think
  • henryclay1844
    1079 posts Professional
    I guess Italian situation will improve over the years, but Covid has really ruined a lot of the progress EA was making from 18-19. I think most of us agree the game has not made enough progress in terms of new content or our expectations for offline play, but there are plenty of video games in a much worse state than FIFA. And hopefully in a couple years, things will get much better.
  • SBaggio59
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2021
    The Italian championship has always been one of the most beautiful championships. There have always been great teams, great players, and players who have made themselves known, new talents, a lot of great players have come from there.

Without Serie A, a football video game is not the same. There is a void.
  • OptimusFawkes
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2021

Obviously a good step, but EA are so, so reactive. They’re never proactive. Why wasn’t this a thing last year?

If it were, Atalanta and I think Napoli (?) could’ve been saved.

Also, that link mentions pre-existing contracts with another party. Does this mean once a team’s contract expires with PES(one of Juve/Napoli/Roma/Atalanta), due to this partnership, the logos and kits can be returned to FIFA?

—> EA SPORTS and Lega Serie A are entering into a multi-year agreement which allows for Serie A clubs to be authentically represented in-game, providing that the rights of those clubs are available and not currently contractually held exclusively by another party. EA SPORTS is respectful of pre-existing relationships that certain clubs have with third parties, but is equally committed to further growing its presence in Italian football both now and in the future.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Serie A Custom Face DLC please!!

And send one of those new scanning rigs out to Italy 🙏🏼
  • PabloEscobar
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nice serie a license … but it will take maybe couple years till we see something else than fut 😅🤣😂 like the partnership with French league 😅🤣😂
  • Stugg93
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Obviously a good step, but EA are so, so reactive. They’re never proactive. Why wasn’t this a thing last year?

If it were, Atalanta and I think Napoli (?) could’ve been saved.

Also, that link mentions pre-existing contracts with another party. Does this mean once a team’s contract expires with PES(one of Juve/Napoli/Roma/Atalanta), due to this partnership, the logos and kits can be returned to FIFA?

—> EA SPORTS and Lega Serie A are entering into a multi-year agreement which allows for Serie A clubs to be authentically represented in-game, providing that the rights of those clubs are available and not currently contractually held exclusively by another party. EA SPORTS is respectful of pre-existing relationships that certain clubs have with third parties, but is equally committed to further growing its presence in Italian football both now and in the future.

I would imagine this was because Serie A only formed a media company in September 20, which may have potentially been after Atalanta and Lazio had signed deals with Konami. It also may explain why Konami announced the licenses ages ago
  • henryclay1844
    1079 posts Professional
    We forget how many years it took them to get La Liga after they stopped Konami's deal in 2013. Plus of course they lost Barca. But their organization must improve, they should be doing a league stadium deal every single year not, every two or three years. France, Italy, Russia, Brazil, USA, get it ready to go now don't just be reactive like they've been in Italy. I eco the sentiments of them not being prepared to have everything lined up. They got the license to Copa Libertadores, but they have lost the Chilean and Colombian leagues, they have not added anything else, and they have not managed to get Brazilian players, although it seems they are finally trying there. But again everything in done by haves. Boca and River return, but not their stadiums. Years of Ligue 1 promos, but no scans or stadiums. I mean get organized and starting acting like you are the biggest video game that makes the most money in the world!
  • Dlima0284 wrote: »

With the ISL added, we could (should) get Jonathas who has just moved to Odisha. According to SoFifa, he has a face (from Hannover) but was removed in the first squad update of Fifa21 due to moving to UAE.

...that is of course unless EA do their now-usual thing of removing faces of players who have become free agents or moved to clubs not in the game.
  • Howler19
    987 posts Professional
    tommy_p_5 wrote: »
    Dlima0284 wrote: »

With the ISL added, we could (should) get Jonathas who has just moved to Odisha. According to SoFifa, he has a face (from Hannover) but was removed in the first squad update of Fifa21 due to moving to UAE.

...that is of course unless EA do their now-usual thing of removing faces of players who have become free agents or moved to clubs not in the game.

Álvaro Vazquez (Kerala Blasters), Lovre Kalinic (Hajduk Split), Adam Bogdan (Ferencvaros) and David Jones (Wrexham) too.

Hopefully we get a few batches of brand new faces around and post launch as well though. I think there's reason to expect at least some, considering that it happened last year and that scanning has been delayed this year so they might have struggled to get everything done in time for the beta.
  • Steveb86
    394 posts Sunday League Hero
    I totally agree with you. Since most countries did not open their borders until April / May, I strongly assume that although they were scanned, not everything was ready for the beta. That's why I also believe nonoloko and fifawitcher that more new gamefaces will appear in the day one patch.
  • Ashy
    20957 posts Club Captain
    @Steveb86 how reliable is fifawitcher and nonoloko? Can you link the tweet where they say this?
  • Steveb86
    Ashy wrote: »
    @Steveb86 how reliable is fifawitcher and nonoloko? Can you link the tweet where they say this?

I don't have a link, but wait the DAY 1 Patch will have more faces from fifawitcher. Fifawitcher has worked for ea and nonoloko I very good source from Argentina.
  • Ashy
    20957 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2021
    Hopefully the day 1 update is out the first day of early access on 27th like last year and not Friday on official day then
  • Steveb86
    Hopefully the day 1 update is out the first day of early access on 27th like last year and not Friday on official day then

Yes I hope it's too.
  • Futbol22
    1893 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2021
    Steveb86 wrote: »

I don't have a link, but wait the DAY 1 Patch will have more faces from fifawitcher. Fifawitcher has worked for ea and nonoloko I very good source from Argentina.

I wouldn’t read to much in to these tweets.

If there are more faces at launch they’ll be from the pl

More importantly Bundesliga and La Liga faces won’t be coming at all….
  • Ashy
    20957 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2021
    Futbol22 wrote: »

Is what it is, the PL is missing at least 10+ key player faces

White, Gabriel, Smith Rowe, Fofana, Mac Allister, Cash, Watkins, Gallagher, Castagne, Benramha, Minamino

Not to mention many need updates. I get you want other leagues doing but as someone stated earlier their borders and free travel were not open until as late as April/May. I think we will see others leagues get a freshener for Fifa 23. While some recently partnered clubs may get updated at the halfway point this fifa like th Milan clubs and so on
  • Futbol22
    1893 posts Play-Off Hero

Is what it is, the PL is missing at least 10+ key player faces

White, Gabriel, Smith Rowe, Fofana, Mac Allister, Cash, Watkins, Gallagher, Castagne, Benramha, Minamino

Not to mention many need updates. I get you want other leagues doing but as someone stated earlier their borders and free travel were not open until as late as April/May. I think we will see others leagues get a freshener for Fifa 23. While some recently partnered clubs may get updated at the halfway point this fifa like th Milan clubs and so on

Yup. It would be nice to see Milan and Inter added but the only evidence is pl.
  • Steveb86

Yes I think the bundesliga were scanned yet or later for fifa 23 and laliga too. But I think the milan clubs are scanned for a later update, the promoted teams in great Britain and others. And I hope for more customs like Osimhen, Doku, atal and more.
  • Steveb86

Yes I think the bundesliga were scanned yet or later for fifa 23 and laliga too. But I think the milan clubs are scanned for a later update, the promoted teams in great Britain and others. And I hope for more customs like Osimhen, Doku, atal and more.

We will see more hold back scans from Bundesliga, la liga and Premier league.
  • Steveb86
    Where I'm unfortunately not at all sure that boca and San Lorenzo will be scanned. As long as Argentina does not allow foreigners into the country, nothing happens and they are tough. If so, the scans won't come until 2022. How is it in Germany, can the Bundesliga be scanned at all at the moment?
  • TeamExtreme17

We will see more hold back scans from Bundesliga, la liga and Premier league.

This!! They can't even keep on top of adding the players they have already scanned (as proven with the amount of held back faces), never mind adding 2 or 3 new rigs worth on top! Are they taking more people on to add the faces they scan? If not we will see double/triple the amount of held back scans 🤦🏻‍♂️