FIFA 22 New Teams and Leagues

Stugg93
196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I have seen a few posts about people asking whether there are any new teams (Ferencvaros, Crvena Zvezda, Zenit, Ludogorets, CSKA Sofia, Hadjuk Split, Osijek, APOEL, Omonia, Wrexham etc) or leagues (English National League, Hungarian League and Cypriot League) in the game.

For FIFA 19, Slavia Prague, Dinamo Zagreb, Dynamo Kyiv, Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Spartak Moscow and Lokomotiv Moscow were announced on 22nd August 2019, which was 5 weeks and 2 days prior to the launch date of the game. It was also after the Beta release date on the 10th August 2019.

In FIFA 20, the Romanian Liga I was announced on 29th August 2020. This was 3 weeks and 5 days before the launch date on September 24th 2020. It was also after the beta which came out on the 9th August 2020.

Therefore if you’re looking for announcements about new teams and league, you need to be looking between around now but definitely from next week to around the 10th September for announcements.

Comments

• Stugg93
    On a side note, tonight’s Champions League first legs means unless Sheriff Tiraspol of Moldova are a new team in FIFA 22, we will again not have a full Champions League, as they won 3-0 in the first leg against Dinamo Zagreb.

• People have said the Indian league but I don't know how true that is.
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional
    edited August 2021
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    On a side note, tonight’s Champions League first legs means unless Sheriff Tiraspol of Moldova are a new team in FIFA 22, we will again not have a full Champions League, as they won 3-0 in the first leg against Dinamo Zagreb.

3-0 is a lot but I'm not counting Dinamo out at home.

Hopefully we can beat Ludogorets tonight, even though I have heard rumors that they could be added this year.
  • henryclay1844
    1085 posts Professional
    Most of those FIFA youtube videos telling you about new teams and leagues are lies (especially REFIFA). There are some things coming and a couple good possibilities, but you're going to have to wait a month or so.
  • Peanut2000
    989 posts Professional
    So they’ll be national league on fifa 22?
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional
    Most of those FIFA youtube videos telling you about new teams and leagues are lies (especially REFIFA). There are some things coming and a couple good possibilities, but you're going to have to wait a month or so.

Oh no doubt. Not listening to any of those guys, but that recent database grab appearing to show some new clubs and stadiums caught my eye as something that could hold some weight. But we'll see.
  • henryclay1844
    1085 posts Professional
    Howler19 wrote: »

Oh no doubt. Not listening to any of those guys, but that recent database grab appearing to show some new clubs and stadiums caught my eye as something that could hold some weight. But we'll see.

That database update is a potential source of confusion as there is some tie in to FUT legends. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team Clausenengen (who are now Kristiansund) and others like Racing Paris are added and there is no indication of what that means, so when they are listing all these other clubs to be added it's doubtful (but there will be some things).
  • Stugg93
    I agree regarding spurious claims, although it is nice to dream. However I think we are guaranteed to get at least one Colombian, English national league, Cypriot and Hungarian league team as their leagues were added to the game database, whereas the teams added to the database that appear to be linked to FUT did not have their leagues added.

I’ll be surprised and disappointed if Wrexham, APOEL, Omonia and Ferencvaros aren’t in FIFA 22 on that assumption.
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional

That database update is a potential source of confusion as there is some tie in to FUT legends. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team Clausenengen (who are now Kristiansund) and others like Racing Paris are added and there is no indication of what that means, so when they are listing all these other clubs to be added it's doubtful (but there will be some things).

I think you're right that some of those clubs have to do with FUT legends in some way. But I also think there was a fair few with a common denominator of being regulars in UEFA competitions more than anything else, which gives me hope.
  • Stugg93
    I agree regarding spurious claims, although it is nice to dream. However I think we are guaranteed to get at least one Colombian, English national league, Cypriot and Hungarian league team as their leagues were added to the game database, whereas the teams added to the database that appear to be linked to FUT did not have their leagues added.

I’ll be surprised and disappointed if Wrexham, APOEL, Omonia and Ferencvaros aren’t in FIFA 22 on that assumption.

Also I should have said on top of the above that with that in mind any league that already has a representative in the game could be in line for additions. Rumours of Hajduk Split and Osijek could still be on as the Croatian league wouldn’t need to be added to the database as Dinamo Zagreb are already in the game. Same would go for any additional Russian (although I don’t think they can add more than 3 Russian clubs due to Konami deal), Czech, Finnish, Ukrainian, Greek or Italian Serie B teams.

• Stugg93
    Hajduk Split have announced they are in the game. I would expect to see a few more announcements over the next few hours and days.

• TheSupernatural
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They might as well announce it all later today like they did once Bielefeld announced their stadium
  • Stugg93
    Another one today… Ferencvaros have been announced. First Hungarian team in FIFA for at least a very long time. Also means we are down to 4 missing teams in UCL and UEL (Zenit and Sheriff in UCL and Crvena Zvezda and Ludogrets in UEL).

• TheSupernatural
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think Crvena Zvezda was in the database so they'll probably be in
  • Stugg93
    I think we’re going to see APOEL and probably Omonoia today. Still not sure about Crvena Zvezda and CSKA Sofia that were both spotted in the database, as their leagues were never added to the database unlike Hungary and Cyprus’s.
  • henryclay1844
    1085 posts Professional
    I think we’re going to see APOEL and probably Omonoia today. Still not sure about Crvena Zvezda and CSKA Sofia that were both spotted in the database, as their leagues were never added to the database unlike Hungary and Cyprus’s.

Hmmm, wonder why you know about the Cypriots... I think some of those "added database teams" are connected to FUT in someway as Racing France and Clausenengen were also on that list they were former teams of FUT legends.
  • AnthonyMUFC89
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Official list out APOEL and Wrexham the last 2 teams added no CSKA Sofia or Crvena Zvezda despite both being part of the database leak.

Indian Super League also in FIFA 22
  • Vndrew
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bolivia, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Ivory Coast, Ecuador, Egypt, India, Peru, Paraguay, Slovenia, South Africa, Switzerland, Turkey, Uruguay, Venezuela NTs are removed...
  • henryclay1844
    1085 posts Professional
    Don't know why they couldn't get Chile and Columbia back either. Apparently they are still trying to negotiate with Brazilian players. I wasn't sure about India or Omonia either. All in all another disappointment. They are moving way too slow.
  • Stugg93

Hmmm, wonder why you know about the Cypriots... I think some of those "added database teams" are connected to FUT in someway as Racing France and Clausenengen were also on that list they were former teams of FUT legends.

It was all about the leagues they added or didn’t add. Although they added clubs, the only leagues added was Cypriot, Hungarian, English 5th and Colombian. That’s why I was always skeptics of Crvena Zvezda, CSKA Sofia etc.

In the future for leagues not represented at all we need to be on look out for not only clubs being added but whether the league code is added too
  • Shaanxz
    24087 posts Club Captain
    so weird they lost all those national teams. especially when the world cup is next year
  • AnthonyMUFC89
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    so weird they lost all those national teams. especially when the world cup is next year

Those ones they've lost with the exception of Turkey and Chile haven't been licensed
  • AnthonyMUFC89
    Now EA Sports have removed Wrexham from the official list!!!
  • Stugg93
    Most likely thing I can think of is that the National League have the image rights or something like that and they don’t like that Wrexham have joined on their own, when the league has campaigned to be in the game for a number of years. I wonder if we will get any comments from Wrexham
  • AnthonyMUFC89
    Most likely thing I can think of is that the National League have the image rights or something like that and they don’t like that Wrexham have joined on their own, when the league has campaigned to be in the game for a number of years. I wonder if we will get any comments from Wrexham

That is a very good point as there was nothing on Wrexham F.C official Twitter feed to confirm that they have been included within the game unlike Hajduk, APOEL and Ferencvaros.
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional

Well, something weird certainly happened here. How have the National League campaigned to be in FIFA? Have they been public about it?
  • fekir_in_debuchy
    241 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i am so incredibly disappointed in EA for snubbing out Red Star for the 4th time now... meanwhile Croatia gets a 2nd club (Hajduk) who last appeared in a european competition 10 years ago (smh)... and with the removal of many National Teams this year on top of PC version being inferior/same as PS4/XBOX one , my decision to skip on a FIFA title 2nd year in a row was easy

EA is missing 2 clubs each in both Champions League and Europa League and FIFTEEN in Conference League l-o-l
  • Stugg93

Well, something weird certainly happened here. How have the National League campaigned to be in FIFA? Have they been public about it?

They organised petitions for people to sign their name to to send to EA. Think they did it for 1 or 2 seasons around the time of FIFA 19 and 20.
  • Howler19
    1008 posts Professional
    edited September 2021

Wrexham confirmed to be in. Not sure what's going on with the "complete" list then. Hilarious announcement btw :D
  • AnthonyMUFC89

Wrexham confirmed to be in. Not sure what's going on with the "complete" list then. Hilarious announcement btw :D

The announcement was brilliant but the whole they're on the list then off the list again haha