Comments

• Stlducks
    7742 posts League Winner
    Kane didn’t get hurt. That’s all I cared about out of this game. Finally onto the real games now.
  • Tornado31619
    30307 posts National Team Captain
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Didn’t even know we were playing

Same here for Portugal
  • Pietu
    10451 posts Has That Special Something

Same here for Portugal

Bunch of plastics you guys :tongue:
  • Pxul_
    11593 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »

Same here for Portugal

Bunch of plastics you guys :tongue:

Couldn’t agree more, england are only relevant to me in major tournaments. Could not care less about the qualifiers that we usually ❤️❤️❤️❤️ through nowadays.
  • Pxul_
    That’s such an obscure number
  • G000ner
    7212 posts Big Money Move
    A pound for each cup thrown at Sterling
  • Pxul_
    I’d throw one too, just not a fan of snakes.
  • El_Nino
    8825 posts League Winner
    Imagine not having Chalaboh ahead of some of those woeful CBs.
  • arsenalap
    11241 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Imagine not having Chalaboh ahead of some of those woeful CBs.

White and Tomori should be in over Coady and Mings. Chalaboh is knocking on the door but isn't there yet.

ESR over JWP also for me but I see why not.
  • Ashy
    17500 posts World Class
    Happy for White to rest up during the break if I'm honest, his time will come. Wolves have been decent defensively I think so can see why Coady is in. Mings should not be though, many CB's ahead of him

Tomori, Chalobah, White, Tomori, Konsa, Dunk
  • VVD4
    2185 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sancho :#
  • Tornado31619
    30307 posts National Team Captain
    VVD4 wrote: »

I mean Kane’s also been ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and he’s still been called up, suppose he’s still the best option but I really don’t give much weight to Southgate’s team selections these days
  • Nem
    7856 posts League Winner
    VVD4 wrote: »

I mean Kane’s also been ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and he’s still been called up, suppose he’s still the best option but I really don’t give much weight to Southgate’s team selections these days

Kane performs for England. Yet to be impressed whenever I've seen Sancho in the shirt. There's the big difference.
  • G000ner
    Don't understand the White omission tbh. Connor Coady is worse than him at everything, but I guess brings good vibes to the camp.

Mings has been awful this season too
  • El_Nino
    8825 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »
    Don't understand the White omission tbh. Connor Coady is worse than him at everything, but I guess brings good vibes to the camp.

I mean I see the argument for White over him, but there's no argument physically Coady is a thousand times better
  • G000ner

I mean I see the argument for White over him, but there's no argument physically Coady is a thousand times better

Disagreed. Coady is not strong and gets bullied quite a lot by attackers.
  • WryLucky
    5216 posts Big Money Move
    Mings and Coady just shouldn't be there.
  • El_Nino
    8825 posts League Winner
    edited November 4

Nah, he's not a man mountain, but he's not White either, White really needs to do something physically, he's looked seriously out of place at times physically whenever I have seen him, but admittedly that isn't a lot.

I'm picking straws though, admittedly White should be ahead of Coady/Ming's, behind big Trevor though obviously 😉
  • G000ner
    edited November 4

Nah, he's not a man mountain, but he's not White either, White really needs to do something physically, he's looked seriously out of place at times physically whenever I have seen him, but admittedly that isn't a lot.

I'm picking straws though, admittedly White should be ahead of Coady/Ming's, behind big Trevor though obviously 😉

White's only had 1 poor game since he's been here, outside that he's dealt well with any physical battles (vs Wood for instance). Even against Brentford it was Mari getting bodied by Toney, although White didn't cover himself in glory.

People made it out like he's a weak defender that can't head the ball, but he's been much better in those areas than expected. Genuinely think he's stronger and better in the air than Coady, though he obviously has the height advantage.
  • El_Nino
    8825 posts League Winner

White's only had 1 poor game since he's been here, outside that he's dealt well with any physical battles (vs Wood for instance). Even against Brentford it was Mari getting bodied by Toney, although White didn't cover himself in glory.

People made it out like he's a weak defender that can't head the ball, but he's been much better in those areas than expected. Genuinely think he's stronger and better in the air than Coady, though he obviously has the height advantage.

Only watched a couple of Arsenal games this season, and they haven't been good ones for you ironically, I'm basing it more from what I've seen prior to Arsenal at Leeds and Brighton, he's always looked weak/poor in the air, but like I say I haven't watched him a tonne this season, so maybe I've just seen bad moments for him and he has improved.

Still no Trevor though is he?
  • Ashy
    17500 posts World Class
    What I will say is Gabriel does cover if White loses a physical battle or header, White is definitely better than Coady and Mings, can't comment too much on Trevor or Tomori
  • G000ner
    edited November 4
    I'd have Tomori in there even before White. Part of a defence that's currently unbeaten in Serie A and can't get in ahead of an out-of-form Tyrone Mings, who's team sits in 15th place. He should probably be in there even over Maguire or Stones on current form.

Let's just say if he played for United things would be very different. Problem is Southgate just doesn't watch leagues outside of PL, it's always been a problem.
  • Ashy
    17500 posts World Class
    edited November 4
    I'd have Tomori in there even before White. Part of a defence that's currently unbeaten in Serie A and can't get in ahead of an out-of-form Tyrone Mings, who's team sits in 15th place. He should probably be in there even over Maguire or Stones on current form.

Let's just say if he played for United things would be very different. Problem is Southgate just doesn't watch leagues outside of PL, it's always been a problem.

Trippier still gets in no problem

Edit: not in this selection surprisingly however Bellingham and Abraham get the nod
  • G000ner
    edited November 4
    Abraham's in a horrific run of form too. He played well in his first few games and I don't think he's scored since. Toney could easily be in ahead of him.

I know squads aren't exactly chosen on form, but form has to factor into it to some extent.
  • Shshj
    9455 posts League Winner
    A rubbish squad that’s stacked with players who don’t really deserve to be there.

Absolutely sick of internationals now.
  • Stlducks
    7742 posts League Winner
    Shshj wrote: »
    A rubbish squad that’s stacked with players who don’t really deserve to be there.

Absolutely sick of internationals now.

I feel like there have been more international breaks than Premier League games this year. I know it's only one extra break added but it still feels like the PL season keeps getting interrupted every month.