Comments

• Pietu
    10451 posts Has That Special Something
    MorroWtje wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    MorroWtje wrote: »
    this is actually embarrasing from the andorrans. back 9, only aim is damage limitation. trying to waste time, roll around and kill time from minute 1

Why is it embarrassing? Look at their team, you can't expect them to play attacking, come on now :lol:

Playing defensively, sure. The rolling around on the floor for minutes, nah.

Yeah I don't like the time wasting either but if they get a result because of that, fair play.
  • Bobo23
    3851 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone still awake... :lol:
  • Stlducks
    7742 posts League Winner
    Shshj wrote: »
    Only one more game… then real football’s back :)

These international games are as boring as some group stage CL games to me. Maybe one shocking result out of 50 games.
  • AaronMFC
    2307 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only one more game… then real football’s back :)

Poland away is a fixture that is actually quite interesting imo. Cant wait for club football and the champions league to start though much more excited for that.
  • arsenalap
    11241 posts Has That Special Something
    This ref drunk
  • Handy Andy
    6316 posts Big Money Move
    arsenalap wrote: »
    This ref drunk

he's been dreadful
  • arsenalap
    Phillips been poo too.

Get Saka on, drop Mount deeper. Boom
  • Handy Andy
    every bit of contact on Poland is a foul whilst we get nothing :D
  • Handy Andy
    This ref refusing to book them for any cynical foul meaning they can just do it over and over
  • finsfan85
    14138 posts Has That Special Something
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    This ref refusing to book them for any cynical foul meaning they can just do it over and over

Sounds like they’re getting the Fabinho treatment
  • G000ner
    7212 posts Big Money Move
    Sterling is really overplaying it today. Just cross it earlier
  • WryLucky
    5216 posts Big Money Move
    Nice hit Kane
  • WryLucky
    Still love to find a way to disappoint us.
  • arsenalap
    Why doesn't Southgate make subs ffs
  • Nem
    7856 posts League Winner
    Another dominant display despite the late equaliser 😏 underserved point for the Poles.
  • Ashy
    17500 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Why doesn't Southgate make subs ffs

I just realized he didn't make a single sub
  • Shshj
    9455 posts League Winner
    Southgate absolutely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ reeks.
  • arsenalap
    Honestly, this is just so repetitive. Southgates substitutions are absolutely shocking.

How can you not make 1 single sub in that game ffs
  • Nem
    7856 posts League Winner
    With us still to play San Marino and Andorra, we are pretty much already in Qatar 😏
  • G000ner
    Just a bit too slow and safe in possession today. Grealish the only one trying to make anything happen and Sterling kept running down blind alleys. Saka instead of Mount would've been good for this type of game.

Really solid defensive performance though, especially from Rice and Phillips. That pair is growing on me
  • AaronMFC
    Southgate is a bad tactical manager if a game starts going against us he has no idea how to change it. Thought we were very good for most the second half in general though against decent opposition. We cant win anything with Southgate in charge surely people realise this.
  • Shshj
    9455 posts League Winner
    edited September 8
    It’s been pointed out 100 times before but his in-game management is lacking and he has never shown any signs of improvement. Our success at tournaments is in spite of him.

But who cares, at least that’s international football done and dusted for another month.
  • AaronMFC
    It’s been pointed out 100 times before but his in-game management is lacking and he has never shown any signs of improvement. Our success at tournaments is in spite of him.

But who cares, at least that’s international football done and dusted for another month.

This and fortuitous draws I mean you can only beat whats in front of you but the odds of us getting Sweden/Ukraine in another quarter final is pretty slim.
  • G000ner
    I actually think we can win something, we got progressively better throughout the Euros and again have improved in the qualifiers. I think we've been pretty impressive on the whole. Southgate seems to have settled on a good, well-balanced 11. It might not be fancy, but I think it will get the job done most of the time. His subs are too slow, but on the whole we look like a very difficult team to beat.

We got to the Euros final and I see no reason why we can't go one better, out squad has only improved since then.
  • Ashy
    17500 posts World Class
    edited September 8
    Think he will get well and proper exposed in the World Cup, I don't see us doing well over there in Qatar. Probs a round of 16 finish

Who would people like to be the next England manager? Realistically
  • WryLucky
    I just live on vibes. Whatever happens, happens.
  • Shshj
    9455 posts League Winner
    edited September 8
    Ashy wrote: »
    Think he will get well and proper exposed in the World Cup, I don't see us doing well over there in Qatar. Probs a round of 16 finish

Who would people like to be the next England manager? Realistically

No idea, but knowing the FA they’ll give to one of their “yes” men anyway.

I’m not sure if anyone of them would take it but Gerrard, Lampard, Potter are all viable alternatives.
  • Pxul_
    11593 posts Has That Special Something
    Didn’t even know we were playing