FIFA 21 Stadiums Thread

Comments

• Stugg93
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The only thing I can think of is have EA decided not to release all of the stadiums this year for fear of not having so much to release next year (I know I’m clutching at straws).

In England I think there is a good chance we will see no new stadiums in FIFA 23 if you look at the favourites to go up into the Premier League.

In Spain we already knew no clubs were coming up. Now we have Elche and Osasuna to look forward to.

In Germany we believe we will be getting Greuther Furth, Bochum and Freiburg. Tbf with Germany I was never expecting Freiburg this year. I think it will finally come next year once the stadium has been in action for 11 months.

That’s only 5 stadiums, same as this year. Maybe they’re covering FIFA 23 press release (although I hope I’m wrong).
  • TheSupernatural
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There's really no excuse to be sitting on stadium models they already have as long as they're licensed. Glad I didn't preorder
  • CantanoRM
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2021
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Still using Donbass Arena which has been closed since May 2014, 8 months after PS4 & Xbox One were launched...

Would you rather have Shakhtar playing in a generic stadium?
    Edit: I see someone already basically asked the same thing earlier.
  • CantanoRM
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have to say, I was planning on buying FIFA 22. I skipped on FIFA 21 due to the lack of new stadiums. This year I kept my hopes really low so I wouldn't be disappointed. They still managed to disappoint. After seeing this list I promised myself I won't buy FIFA this year. Again. I know EA doesn't care if they lose 1 or a few customers, but it wouldn't feel right for me to pay for this product. New chance next year. Who knows.
  • TheSupernatural
    I might still get it, I guess it'll depend on if we can customize stadiums other than the one we're managing in career mode. If I can make each stadium I travel to unique in career mode, that might be worth it.

But that's only if EA bothered to include that feature outside manager career mode. Something tells me they didn't.
  • flcinusa
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    CantanoRM wrote: »
    Still using Donbass Arena which has been closed since May 2014, 8 months after PS4 & Xbox One were launched...

Honestly, yes, it's borderline ridiculous that a stadium that hasn't been used in over 7 years remains while other stadiums are noticably absent and now their using the same excuses from the Elland Road delay for a stadium that was known for promotion since May.
  • TheSupernatural
    Not sure why it's a problem. I don't want them to remove any stadiums, and honestly I wish they'd give us back some old ones as legacy stadiums like Atletico's previous stadium.
  • Howler19
    987 posts Professional
    CantanoRM wrote: »

Honestly, yes, it's borderline ridiculous that a stadium that hasn't been used in over 7 years remains while other stadiums are noticably absent and now their using the same excuses from the Elland Road delay for a stadium that was known for promotion since May.

* Donbass Arena is still Shakhtar's home stadium and they will go back to playing in it as soon as the situation in the region permits it. Sure, it's been a few years at this point but it doesn't change the fact that that's where that club belongs.
    * Disk space isn't an issue nowadays and it would literally take more effort from EA to remove it from the game than it would take to leave it in. I don't see what other stadiums' absences have to do with it. It's not like it took months to add Elland Road because EA employees were working hard on keeping Donbass Arena in the game. They didn't spend a second on that!
    * The alternative is a generic which has nothing to do with Shakhtar.
  • ManzGOTIT
    3181 posts National Call-Up
    Stadiums in FIFA 22 is reminiscent to Liverpool’s transfer window

Expected so much but got hardly anything in the end….
  • mickjacobjr
    1664 posts Play-Off Hero
    Strange that the champions league final for this season stadium not in the game
  • Baz83
    76 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2021
    1 serie a stadium that is a utter joke. Wanted to do a career with Milan but not gonna do now
  • Quiffed
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Baz83 wrote: »
    1 serie a stadium that is a utter joke. Wanted to do a career with Milan but not gonna do now

But at least the scores of serie a on tv are presented to you by EA, that’s all that matters
  • AnthonyMUFC89
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There has also been negative feedback towards another EA title F1 2021 with San Marino, Portuguese and Saudi GP tracks not being included at launch with not even a firm date for when they'll be included within the game.

Codemasters when they produced the title on their own always had all tracks in at launch.

At least they have an excuse, those tracks were added late to the calendar and the Saudi track is still under construction. It takes a lot more effort to get the tracks right. It's not just visuals, the surfaces have to be right and they each have a very unique shape and design. Not like a stadium where it's purely visual.

No excuses for EA on this one, especially for Brentford. They're really going to need 4 more months just to add one more stadium?

Codemasters placed in the circuit for the Vietnamese GP in last year's edition a circuit that was also still under construction at the time of the games development.
  • TheSupernatural
    There has also been negative feedback towards another EA title F1 2021 with San Marino, Portuguese and Saudi GP tracks not being included at launch with not even a firm date for when they'll be included within the game.

Codemasters when they produced the title on their own always had all tracks in at launch.

At least they have an excuse, those tracks were added late to the calendar and the Saudi track is still under construction. It takes a lot more effort to get the tracks right. It's not just visuals, the surfaces have to be right and they each have a very unique shape and design. Not like a stadium where it's purely visual.

No excuses for EA on this one, especially for Brentford. They're really going to need 4 more months just to add one more stadium?

Codemasters placed in the circuit for the Vietnamese GP in last year's edition a circuit that was also still under construction at the time of the games development.

True, and also kinda funny since they never actually raced at the circuit. We'll never know how accurate it was. Although I can say from doing a few races on it, it's a very tricky circuit. Very fun once you get the hang of it.
  • TheSupernatural
    Baz83 wrote: »

It was this way last year too. There's a chance we get stadiums Fiorentina and Bologna in the future since they've signed partnerships with EA, but EA desperately needs the licenses back for the clubs they've lost to Konami. It's embarrassing that 20% of the league is under fake names, crests, and kits.
  • Stugg93
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2021

Vietnam GP was announced in November 2018 for racing on 5th April 2020. The game came out in July 2020. Therefore they had 18 months to the race and 20 months to the game came out.

Saudi was announced on 10th November 2020, to race at on 28th November 2021. Again game came out in July 21. They had 12 months to the race but only 9 months to game came out. They also didn’t announce this track layout until March 2021, only 4 months before game.

Imola was announced on 12th January to race at on 18th April 2021. Meaning they only had 3 months to the race and 6 months to the game came out.

Portugal was announced in February 2021 for 2nd May 2021, which meant they only had about 2 months before the race, and 5 months to the game came out.

Basically they had a lot more time to design Vietnam, over how long they have had to design Saudi, Portugal or Imola so I can see why they’re not in the game yet. Now you could argue they should have last summer travelled to Portugal, Nurburgring, Mugello, Imola and Turkey to scan those circuits as it looked likely 2021 would be a covid year again and those tracks would be highly likely to be in the game but as for why they’re taking so long now to add them, it’s because it takes about 9 months from start to finish to complete a new circuit for that game.

Whereas with FIFA they’re literally sitting on completed stadiums that we know are in the database for unknown reasons. It’s not like they’re sitting on Imola and just haven’t announced it for no reason.
  • andre77
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    checking the stadium list and....Serie A - San Siro...and thats all
    Serie A is a Big 4 and it is completely forgotten by EA in Stadiums, faces and even licenced teams (no roma, no juve, no atalanta ....). what a joke.
  • TheSupernatural
    I don't get why anyone is surprised by the lack of Serie A stadiums in the list. None were even rumored.
  • TheSupernatural
    I'm 90% certain they have completed models ready to go for Freiberg and Osasuna and they're just sitting on them. They were both scanned a while back.
  • andre77 wrote: »
    checking the stadium list and....Serie A - San Siro...and thats all
    Serie A is a Big 4 and it is completely forgotten by EA in Stadiums, faces and even licenced teams (no roma, no juve, no atalanta ....). what a joke.

Licencing in Italy is like the wild west, you have to negotiate the league for the logo and trophy, the clubs individually, and then the individual cities for the stadiums
  • Kasa
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I really hoped for Napoli stadium and a bit more South American stadiums. Shame
  • TheSupernatural
    I'd expect more from South America when the pandemic ends. Unfortunately it's going to be hard for anyone to get there to scan those stadiums in the short term.
  • henryclay1844
    1079 posts Professional
    I'd expect more from South America when the pandemic ends. Unfortunately it's going to be hard for anyone to get there to scan those stadiums in the short term.

Well they couldn't even re-add stadiums they already have for Boca and River, plus they wasted all the Brazilian stadiums they made in 2014 when they lost the ability to negotiate for their licenses. There is more than Covid that foils this bunch of clowns.
  • TheSupernatural

Well they couldn't even re-add stadiums they already have for Boca and River, plus they wasted all the Brazilian stadiums they made in 2014 when they lost the ability to negotiate for their licenses. There is more than Covid that foils this bunch of clowns.

I'm not sure the nature of the deal, maybe it requires a new scan? If not I wish they'd just add the previous stadiums but it seems like they won't for some reason.

Not trying to excuse them because they've had access to plenty of other stadiums and don't seem eager to include them. Wish they would have kept all the Brazilian and Russian stadiums from those WC games. Russian stadiums would have been perfect for the Russian league. It's a real disappointment that they lost out to Konami there.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2021
    Stadium Exteriors (Living Worlds) seem to of been removed...

Makes sense when they havent updated Old Trafford's Exterior and most others for nearly 8 years..
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on
  • Leicester
    83 posts Park Captain
    So poor.

The fact that they omitted Freiburg's old stadium for two years, because they can't be bothered to put something in there, says all you need to know.
  • TheSupernatural
    Have you seen the feedback from the Madden community? The game was released in an barely playable state.

Yeah it's cool having stadium exteriors that you see in the first 10 seconds before the match, but is that really indicative of having the wrong dev team? The NFL only uses 30 home stadiums and occasionally adds one or loses one. They've got a couple abroad that they use once a year.

FIFA's got how many now? Somewhere around 100. And they keep adding every year.

Not sure why you keep posting this guy's tweets in every thread
  • TeamExtreme17
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2021
    Have you seen the feedback from the Madden community? The game was released in an barely playable state.

Yeah it's cool having stadium exteriors that you see in the first 10 seconds before the match, but is that really indicative of having the wrong dev team? The NFL only uses 30 home stadiums and occasionally adds one or loses one. They've got a couple abroad that they use once a year.

FIFA's got how many now? Somewhere around 100. And they keep adding every year.

Not sure why you keep posting this guy's tweets in every thread

Adding!? They've completely removed ALL stadium exteriors 🤣 on PS5 we should have ALL the top teams with a stadium exterior!! Now we have ZERO..

Obviously im not judging the dev team off this one example! Its just one of many reasons.. Things are going backwards not forwards!!

All our new Career Mode features we are getting are just previously removed features..
  • TheSupernatural
    Ah you're right I'd just rather not have those features at all /s