The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Another clean sheet even though the ref awarded a sympathy vote non-penalty against us based on their fans shouting handball.

Iorfa and Hutchinson is a ridiculously good CB pairing for L1, and Bannan in front of them isn't bad for this level either. We just need some strikers that can actually score and we'll be fine.
  • AaronMFC
    2274 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great to be back at a game. Deserved win in a at points scrappy game, 4 points from 6 is a great start.
  • iHilarious
    13584 posts Has That Special Something
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Great to be back at a game. Deserved win in a at points scrappy game, 4 points from 6 is a great start.

Also onto 4 from 6 - those pesky Crewe lot coming down tomorrow evening. I do love a game under the lights
  • Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    iHilarious wrote: »

Also onto 4 from 6 - those pesky Crewe lot coming down tomorrow evening. I do love a game under the lights

they barely got out their own half against us, you may be in for a fun evening
  • TheonlywayisS6
    Fleetwood Town on a Tuesday night. 🤮

League One, baby.
  • iHilarious
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

they barely got out their own half against us, you may be in for a fun evening

I’d hope so! A repeat of the 6-0 will do me nicely
  • Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    Nothing quite like looking forward to a lovely Tuesday night under the lights, team in great form

And then seeing Trevor Kettle is the ref
  • NornIron
    15359 posts World Class
    Fulham looking good.
  • Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    2 injuries after bad bad challenges neither of them given as free kicks and now we are compromised
    Imagine my shock
  • Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    @WFCBagnall your preseason hype has had me backing your boys so far this season and its making me look like a clown
    tell them to sort it out
  • WFCBagnall
    90344 posts Moderator
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    @WFCBagnall your preseason hype has had me backing your boys so far this season and its making me look like a clown
    tell them to sort it out

We ain't playing that bad.

Four games so far, played two teams who will definitely be in the top 6 at the end of the season, lost in a penalty shootout where we had to score to win at one point and then conceded an equaliser in the 90th minute last night.

Desperately need some more players as we have nothing at all off the bench and with Holden injured, he's a massive miss.

Hoping we sign Lalkovic as he's been tweeting about us alot recently and is liking our fans tweets about him coming back :D
  • TheonlywayisS6
    Good God, I thought refs in the Championship were bad but they're absolutely pathetic in L1. You know it's going to be bad when the ref's got grey hair but has never reffed above lower league level.

9 yellows in our game last night, of which 2-3 were justified and the rest were for pretty much nothing, a couple weren't even fouls. There was only 1 really bad challenge in the entire match, for which I feared Gregory may see red for a late and high tackle, and what did the ref do? Nothing, didn't even give a free kick.
  • iHilarious
    Good God, I thought refs in the Championship were bad but they're absolutely pathetic in L1. You know it's going to be bad when the ref's got grey hair but has never reffed above lower league level.

9 yellows in our game last night, of which 2-3 were justified and the rest were for pretty much nothing, a couple weren't even fouls. There was only 1 really bad challenge in the entire match, for which I feared Gregory may see red for a late and high tackle, and what did the ref do? Nothing, didn't even give a free kick.

https://www.whoscored.com/Referees/678/Show/Seb-Stockbridge

He actually only averages 3.25 yellows a game which is pretty good going!

Once you start getting Trevor Kettle come back to us :lol:
  • GoodnightIrene
    4193 posts National Call-Up

https://www.whoscored.com/Referees/678/Show/Seb-Stockbridge

He actually only averages 3.25 yellows a game which is pretty good going!

Once you start getting Trevor Kettle come back to us :lol:
    Rob Shoebridge is the worst for me.
  • Handy Andy
    6313 posts Big Money Move
    Joao out until January, buzzing for league 1 next season
  • Retro1989
    5880 posts Big Money Move
    If Chris Hughton isn't sacked tomorrow i'm officially done with supporting Forest.
  • Nem
    7786 posts League Winner

Another 3 points coming back to West London 😏
  • AaronMFC
    Can't do midweek home games since I've moved to a new city. Sounds an entertaining game but one Im glad I wasnt at. At 1-1 after 50 mins against ten men theres no way we should be going on to lose.
  • NornIron
    15359 posts World Class
    edited August 19
    Any Barnsley supporters we signed Dan Bramall he played for the u23s.

Lundstram is awful.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    Can't do midweek home games since I've moved to a new city. Sounds an entertaining game but one Im glad I wasnt at. At 1-1 after 50 mins against ten men theres no way we should be going on to lose.

Awful defending.
  • NornIron
    15359 posts World Class
    edited August 21
    Matt Green striker signing for Linfield he seems to have played for most teams 😂
  • AaronMFC

Awful defending.

And goalkeeping. Early days but Lumley isnt looking promising surely he cant be worse than bettinelli.
  • Nem
    7786 posts League Winner
    Hate playing Barnsley
  • iHilarious
    NornIron wrote: »
    Matt Green striker signing for Linfield he seems to have played for most teams 😂

Posh spice is a slapper, she likes to flick her bean..

Still rate this as the best goal I’ve seen in person
  • Nem
    7786 posts League Winner
    Decent point all things considered 😏
  • TheonlywayisS6
    If we can get through the transfer window without Bannan and Iorfa leaving they may as well just hand us the title! Haven't even played that well yet, and despite another soft penalty against us and a great save we never looked like conceding, again.

But it'd be the most Wednesday thing ever to lose 1-0 at Morecambe next week...
  • AaronMFC
    Meant to be signing a winger from heerenveen and Warnock has said it has nothing to do with him. Looks like internal problems very early this year could very much do without this.
  • NornIron
    15359 posts World Class
    If we can get through the transfer window without Bannan and Iorfa leaving they may as well just hand us the title! Haven't even played that well yet, and despite another soft penalty against us and a great save we never looked like conceding, again.

Sure no one can score against Peacock Farrell.
  • Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    NornIron wrote: »

Sure no one can score against Peacock Farrell.

He’s a tinpot Bazunu
  • TheonlywayisS6
    BPF could have diarrhoea, eat a vindaloo before bed and still wake up with a clean sheet :D