Dont understand why people still think golden goal is a rule

Nick H
68 posts Park Captain
Probably get hate for this, but I'm tired of people expecting you to leave if they score first. If you pause for me I won't leave. especially if its a really cheap goal.

Comments

• McFandan
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why not though?
    Now you need to score 2 and there’s a very high probability they’ll leave if you equalise anyway and that’s just wasted time you could’ve won another 1 or 2.
    I did the 3 swaps tokens in less than an hour because of golden goal although I didn’t pause for anyone, I let them make their own mind up.
  • HullCity1904
    3021 posts National Call-Up
    it's an unwritten rule that helps the collective

you're free to not abide by it but then you're signalling your intent not to be part of the collective.

Then those who are part of it are free to refuse to carry on playing if you equalise.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    McFandan wrote: »
    Why not though?
    Now you need to score 2 and there’s a very high probability they’ll leave if you equalise anyway and that’s just wasted time you could’ve won another 1 or 2.
    I did the 3 swaps tokens in less than an hour because of golden goal although I didn’t pause for anyone, I let them make their own mind up.

In most of the games all you need is 1 goal though, so if you equalise and they quit it's to your benefit.
  • Jordonp
    3184 posts National Call-Up
    It’s not a rule but the way the mechanics in friendly win registering works, you’re better off if you just leave, even if they pause for you. You’ll get your objectives done quicker.
  • Captain_Emirate
    989 posts Professional
    edited August 2021
    It is not a rule, but this is a thing that FUT community made it to help each other in Objectives, consider it as Community tradition to save your time. It is not Competitive mode for me, other than just doing job done. All players will do it with the same rewards, just a matter of time. EA knows that people doing it, so they make swaps harder by requiring 10 matches with through ball, Outside area shot or Finesse shot after the Icon Swap 1. It is good that One League is unlimited matches, Some of objectives were limited, such as Nations Pride. I don't care if opponent celebrates or not, I quit in both situations. There are lots of opponents to get in Friendlies, not worth to play 90min in objectives. Unless you want to score more goals or suffering from not finding an opponent after searching. Some of them send me a respectful PM when match started while they have weak teams saying that they want just a goal or assist and I can win, I give them what they want and then quit. I'll be happy to do this. If I am getting the same opponents, I share wins with them, 1 by 1. If you don't like Friendlies, play Rivals, with your main team. People play 90min over this mode, and it is more Competitive.
  • starfox1284
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    what muppet would want to play the game past the first goal? I don't want to hear this "for fun" stuff either, there is nothing fun about playing this game in general. Those that don't quit end up with me quitting so its a net loss for all at that point.

If "there is nothing fun about playing this game in general" then why the hell are you even playing in the first place?

You clearly don't like the game, so why would you carry on putting yourself through it? Do you not have access to any other games, movies, TV, books, or, like...outside?

Mate I fell asleep twice playing it over the weekend.....I don't have to explain why I play but I bet 90% of people do not enjoy the swaps grind but it is necessary to get cards that you need to compete for WL. I liked doing swaps much more when it was in rivals.

For your knowledge, I literally play no other nor do I own any other game.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Golden goal is purely a choice.

If I concede. I can decide to leave or play. I don’t think I should be crucified for either choice

Besides there are other objectives tied to it. Not just wins. Goals and assists too
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    what muppet would want to play the game past the first goal? I don't want to hear this "for fun" stuff either, there is nothing fun about playing this game in general. Those that don't quit end up with me quitting so its a net loss for all at that point.

If "there is nothing fun about playing this game in general" then why the hell are you even playing in the first place?

You clearly don't like the game, so why would you carry on putting yourself through it? Do you not have access to any other games, movies, TV, books, or, like...outside?

Mate I fell asleep twice playing it over the weekend.....I don't have to explain why I play

No, you really don't. We already know.
  • Boysie91
    15003 posts World Class
    By the time you finished a 20 min game I could have done around 4 matches completing objectives.
    I personally don't understand why you would want to play every match 20 mins it just makes it a chore.
  • starfox1284
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    By the time you finished a 20 min game I could have done around 4 matches completing objectives.
    I personally don't understand why you would want to play every match 20 mins it just makes it a chore.

This.....thats why it makes no sense.
  • Captain_Emirate
    989 posts Professional
    edited August 2021
    I liked doing swaps much more when it was in rivals.
    If they made it in Friendlies (or Rivals) & Squad battles (or Rivals) in swaps will be good. Most of player objectives give you a choice to do it in Squad battles (or Rivals), but only player objectives in Friendly. So why only Icon swaps restricted ? I think they want the 2 sides to play for the same purpose, in a separate mode than others. In FUT 20 some swap objectives were in Rivals only, so you try to do swap with requirements needed, which is hard, and opponent just want to win.
  • starfox1284
    I liked doing swaps much more when it was in rivals.
    If they made it in Friendlies (or Rivals) & Squad battles (or Rivals) in swaps will be good. Most of player objectives give you a choice to do it in Squad battles (or Rivals), but only player objectives in Friendly. So why only Icon swaps restricted ? I think they want the 2 sides to play for the same purpose, in a separate mode than others. In FUT 20 some swap objectives were in Rivals only, so you try to do swap and opponent just want to win.

I prefer they all be in squad battles honestly, at least I can get the points and swaps at the same time. The other thing I hate about them is this "score from outside the box" and such, that's not fun and hard to do sometimes.
  • Captain_Emirate
    989 posts Professional
    edited August 2021
    How come every time someone brings up players pausing after the first goal, it always turns into a GG defense argument. It’s not the same thing! Lots of us like golden goal and we would happily quit, just don’t pause for me! But instead of recognizing that it’s rude to pause, they argue the benefits of Golden goal. It is not the same discussion!

100% THIS.

I have no problem with Golden Goal. At all. I'll pause and quit if I concede first.
    You guys are taking this so serious personally with the opponent as if it is UFC !
    I don't care if opponent celebrates or not, he paused or not , I quit in both situations. Even if any opponent didn't quit after I score I quit after twice paused, not worth to play 90min. If he wasted your time with a celebration, you don't waste more by playing with him more minutes, while you can do more wins with others instead! There are 1000s of opponents are searching and want to play ,, I did 3 Leagues swaps in less than 2 hours and the less Leagues played were Serie A with 10\13 wins ..
  • drewbaltzley
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    ^——- Hey look it happened again.
  • Jono6989
    431 posts Sunday League Hero
    How come every time someone brings up players pausing after the first goal, it always turns into a GG defense argument. It’s not the same thing! Lots of us like golden goal and we would happily quit, just don’t pause for me! But instead of recognizing that it’s rude to pause, they argue the benefits of Golden goal. It is not the same discussion!

100% THIS.

I have no problem with Golden Goal. At all. I'll pause and quit if I concede first.

You guys are taking this so serious personally with the opponent as if it is UFC !
    I don't care if opponent celebrates or not, he paused or me, I quit in both situations.
    If he wasted your time with a celebration, you don't waste more by playing with him more minutes, while you can do more wins with others instead! There are 100s of opponents are searching and want to play ,,

Time is money money is time.
    Manners and to show a little dignified respect costs nothing, chill on the pause button gg happens. Hit it for me buckle your seatbelt. Priorities and principles within a dying breed in a generation of today I guess?
  • Seeleyjs17
    2041 posts Fans' Favourite

If this games not fun why are you playing it? I have so many cards I would like to play full games with that dont make my team and this is a great place to use them
  • Captain_Emirate
    989 posts Professional
    edited August 2021
    ^——- Hey look it happened again.

This topic is repeatable, same as 87+ X10 SBC :D
  • Nick H
    68 posts Park Captain
    Jono6989 wrote: »

100% THIS.

I don't care if opponent celebrates or not, he paused or me, I quit in both situations.
    If he wasted your time with a celebration, you don't waste more by playing with him more minutes, while you can do more wins with others instead! There are 100s of opponents are searching and want to play ,,

Time is money money is time.
    Manners and to show a little dignified respect costs nothing, chill on the pause button gg happens. Hit it for me buckle your seatbelt. Priorities and principles within a dying breed in a generation of today I guess?

Completely agree, I have no problem with GG. More than happy to save time as swaps is a ball ache. But if someone thinks they can make my decision to leave for me then they are sadly mistaken.
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up

100% THIS.

I don't care if opponent celebrates or not, he paused or not , I quit in both situations. Even if any opponent didn't quit after I score I quit after twice paused, not worth to play 90min. If he wasted your time with a celebration, you don't waste more by playing with him more minutes, while you can do more wins with others instead! There are 1000s of opponents are searching and want to play ,, I did 3 Leagues swaps in less than 2 hours and the less Leagues played were Serie A with 10\13 wins ..

Good for you.
  • The_giant616
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero

Mate I fell asleep twice playing it over the weekend.....I don't have to explain why I play but I bet 90% of people do not enjoy the swaps grind but it is necessary to get cards that you need to compete for WL. I liked doing swaps much more when it was in rivals.

So you’re playing icon swaps (which you don’t like) to compete in WL which you also don’t like? Doesn’t make sense to me.
  • Jordonp
    3184 posts National Call-Up

100% THIS.

But when some 14-year-old inbred pauper with IQ in the single digits who's hopped up on Sunny D manages to bundle in a goal, watches his celebration, and then pauses for me as if he's saying "I'm done with you. You may go." then we're going to go the full 90 minutes.

Maybe it's weak of me and I should be a better person.

Ok, it's definitely weak of me and I should be a better person.

But sometimes you just have to do a thing.

It is the same discussion. The point is, who cares if they pause for you? You have no control over what they do. But you do have control about what you do. Don’t let that distract you from your objectives.
  • starfox1284

So you’re playing icon swaps (which you don’t like) to compete in WL which you also don’t like? Doesn’t make sense to me.

I never said that I dislike WL, the rewards currently make it something that is hardly worth playing.
  • munchie63
    3960 posts National Call-Up
    Puzzled why we've never had a post about golden goals before
  • Europa3114
    513 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don't understand why anyone wouldn't play GG.... why would you prolong the grind for both of you for a meaningless friendly?