FIFA 22 stuff

Comments

• TDOF
    8728 posts League Winner
    Soulja1985 wrote: »
    Guy, we all know EA are full of ❤️❤️❤️❤️. They gave us loads of promises before the release of fifa 21 and didn't follow through on any of them. Just expect a trash game with ❤️❤️❤️❤️ content and you won't be disappointed at release.

I mean tbh. They’re not giving us a lot.

There’s not really anything I’m like “wow” about or looking forward to
  • I SiR MartY I
    9620 posts League Winner
    Guy, we all know EA are full of ❤️❤️❤️❤️. They gave us loads of promises before the release of fifa 21 and didn't follow through on any of them. Just expect a trash game with ❤️❤️❤️❤️ content and you won't be disappointed at release.

e0c2d7418a8c501c5f78703d9ed1df4e.png
  • Dramacydal
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TDOF wrote: »

I mean tbh. They’re not giving us a lot.

There’s not really anything I’m like “wow” about or looking forward to

First thing the trailer showed me is a bridge dribble and other skills. And smarter A.I is just EA talking crap. It has nothing to do with Hyper blah blah. They could of fixed years ago. But it is actually a feature and not a bug or an old gen problem. As always EA tells us about all the new changes and after the 1st update we will get Fifa 19 4.0 at this point
  • torakun
    2538 posts National Call-Up
    I've ps5 since Feb and been playing fifa on it since then. All I enjoy so far is just the much faster loading menu and matches. Can't wait for the real next gen football.

However, if it's a skill move spam galore iteration again, I'll probably skip it. I don't like to skill too much and for me it ruin the immersion.

Have you guys checked out pes 22 producing Messi's face? It's amazingly real. Photorealistic.. I'm just ready to be wowed Konami/EA.
  • Soulja1985
    291 posts Sunday League Hero

e0c2d7418a8c501c5f78703d9ed1df4e.png

Yep, I remember this BS. Accessible and exciting... Yes it's so exciting to not have any real end game icon sbcs in mid July 😂
  • starfox1284
    3606 posts National Call-Up
    The reveal gave me motion sickness.....hard to add things to the game if the same broken things are already still present.
  • PaulDr
    2589 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hyper hype. Nothing to see here yet. I'll wait for the beta release/feedback.
  • Dramacydal
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FIFA 20 Hype talk

Lead gameplay producer Sam Rivera said after talking to 3,000 players, EA developed a new system — football intelligence — that works on on-the-ball, off-the-ball, and the ball (physics in this case). It works on the AI. Gameflow will give more time and space to the dribbler, and Rivera said more 1-on-1s will help player skill stand out. It’ll also give you more AI team support for when you’re controlling the ball.

EA is also giving players four new features:

Composed finishing: Makes shooting cleaner and consistent when in 1-on-1s with a goalie. It improves the fundamentals of shooting, Rivera said. This should result in more satisfying shooting and finishes.

Dribbling gets a revamp, giving you more control. You can use it to lure a foe in and use a player’s agility, speed, and skill to shake-and-bake the defender.

Control tackling: Builds on active touch from last year — this will help you win possession when you tackle in the right context, Rivera said.

Penalty kicks: New and different AI mechanics here. Free kicks give you full control now, providing for side-spin, topspin, or a combo of them (with the right stick).
  • I SiR MartY I
    9620 posts League Winner
    80c42378b03e5a995f9c0f8a7e93490b.png

EA, ill take a free copy of 22 as a bribe to stop the hate propaganda

Thanks
  • TheMightyBee
    3908 posts National Call-Up
    All sounds terrible, more playing the AI every game and now sprint bursts street fighter style. Great, should be fantastic combined with custom tactics. Pass
  • Karim-Denz
    945 posts Professional
    Next Gen Version only 60 fps? In Psn store is 60+ by fifa 22
  • PaulDr
    2589 posts Fans' Favourite
    All about 22 now I would think. Even futties is a question mark, just release all top cards in pack and be done with it. Only other thing is they may use fifa 21 for experiments for 22, like they did last year.
  • Ballerson
    1253 posts Professional
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    @TDOF AI needs to be better tbf.

It's just a bit dead that hypermotion seems to be the one and only real change. Means the gameplay will largely remain the same and if hypermotion ain't a success (like the added animations on next gen 21) we are all back to old gen which seems to be fifa 21.5 at best :D

I agree with Orison for once. AI is currently either at 10% or 200%. Like you’re playing squad battles. AI needs to be smarter and more consistent.

Definitely the ai needs improvement — lets see. Lets also see if eas ai improvement makes its way to squad battles where the players ai in world class high chem to legendary mode is players are at the aquarium while entire ai ai is on steroids…
  • TDOF
    8728 posts League Winner

There’s also apparently 4000 new animations
  • WallStreetGamer
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think it has been obvious during the life cycle of FIFa21 that the most important upgrades needed are servers to get rid of lag/delay and changes in the objectives system to make the community less toxic.

I am so glad I decided to not spend on fifiapoints. Would have felt so effed if I had.

Will get FIFA22 or PES but will not play any game mode that forces you to grind (like FUT) ever again. Life is too short.
  • EJND
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PaulDr wrote: »
    All about 22 now I would think. Even futties is a question mark, just release all top cards in pack and be done with it. Only other thing is they may use fifa 21 for experiments for 22, like they did last year.

They already did with Preview Packs (which actually shows in what kind of experiments they are really interested in )
  • PiotrLolo
    2786 posts Fans' Favourite

They forgot to add "Buy new console now!" at the end.
  • Orison
    66713 posts Icon

I think (next gen) fifa 21 has made it clear that the game doesn’t need extra animations, it needs some common sense.
  • Cornushon
    5317 posts Big Money Move
    Guys, seriously, if any of you, who know that fifa 22 is going to be another terrible game, will go and pre order/buy it, I responsibly declare you 100% braindead. Period.
    You can't be sane, and buy another Fifa...
  • mfmaxpower
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 12
    I'm not really sure what the title of this post is meant to imply. If it's that the AI shouldn't be improved, well that's one of the worst suggestions I've seen on here. The AI is awful and absolutely needs to be improved... it just needs to be less involved in outcomes.

Smarter, more realistic AI is needed.

Less involved and impactful AI is needed.

Both are true and hopefully this next gen tech helps pave the way for that.
  • TDOF
    8728 posts League Winner
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what the title of this post is meant to imply. If it's that the AI shouldn't be improved, well that's one of the worst suggestions I've seen on here. The AI is awful and absolutely needs to be improved... it just needs to be less involved in outcomes.

Smarter, more realistic AI is needed.

Less involved and impactful AI is needed.

Both are true and hopefully this next gen tech helps pave the way for that.

More meant for AI blocks. If you look at the video they posted as an example when they talk about AI improvements it's an AI auto slide block... Something which just takes no user input at all and doesn't require skill shouldn't be in the game.
  • Joseuro
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Bla bla ...No more fifa 4 me im done with those garbage 1
    they need fix the servers
  • David12344
    14563 posts Has That Special Something
    Cornushon wrote: »
    Guys, seriously, if any of you, who know that fifa 22 is going to be another terrible game, will go and pre order/buy it, I responsibly declare you 100% braindead. Period.

Do you play 21 ?
  • D0lvl
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    i saw in the comments section on the fifa 22 trailer reveal that the only thing that changes is the trailer. LOL.

Saw the trailer and it's just fast, hectic, shaky camera angles with little bits of actual game footage.

I mean most of us in the forums are going to get the game but it's really looking like fifa 21 all over again. There's an in-game footage of Mbappe doing a directional nutmeg. It's looking like the same meta all over again.
  • SignpostSounder
    4164 posts National Call-Up
    Cornushon wrote: »

Alternatively, they could be someone who buys a new game every week or two because they can afford it, and doesn't treat every game purchase as if it's supposed to define their entire life.

I'll buy it. At the very least I'll get my money's worth by playing it a handful of times when a couple of friends are over on a Friday night, or by getting a few hours out of career mode.

If it's absolutely incredible (which I very much doubt) I'll get way more than my money's worth out of it.

I don't see what's so braindead about that.

The only braindead ones are the ones who don't realise that their games console can play games other than FIFA. Oh, and those who make posts about how crappy the game is from October through to July, whilst still logging on and playing FUT Champs every weekend because they might get something good in rewards.
  • BadSeedsFC
    1737 posts Play-Off Hero
    The hypermotion stuff is going to be available in old gen? Or it's something exclusive for next gen?
  • TDOF
    8728 posts League Winner
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    The hypermotion stuff is going to be available in old gen? Or it's something exclusive for next gen?

Just PS5 and XSX
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »

Just PS5 and XSX

The thing is though with any changes they make, they always get patched so much thy end up nothing like what was originally intended.
  • pes1972
    882 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 19
    If they don´t completely redo skillmoves or remove them alltogether nothing can make this game better. In real life skillmoves is maybe 0-5% in a 90 min game and on higher divisions of fifa it´s in some games 50%+ of the 90 min match. Horrible :(