New GK Defending Glitch

AHL
404 posts An Exciting Prospect
I played a few Rivals games this evening and came up against an odd player who kept bringing his keeper out of the box. It was easy enough to get around him but nearly impossible to score with a defender in the box who kept saving all sorts of shots - I guess this was AI blocking at its extreme. Additionally, the keeper kept fouling my players in open play and never received a card. I feel like this player really knew what they were doing and just abused the game's faults. Also, this player had an inappropriate user and team name that I seriously cannot believe that EA (or Sony) have not filtered out. These kinds of team names really have no place in this game and it is a hypocrisy of EA that they don't deal with it.

Comments

• Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    The most horrible thing is people pulling the GK out all the time. I am so often trough on goal but it seems in 90% impossible to either chip or just bypass him with a shot. So annoying people cant defend my passing, but the pull their bloody gk and I cant score
  • David12344
    14559 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 18
    Hody wrote: »
    The most horrible thing is people pulling the GK out all the time. I am so often trough on goal but it seems in 90% impossible to either chip or just bypass him with a shot. So annoying people cant defend my passing, but the pull their bloody gk and I cant score

I’m starting to think it’s bugging you as it’s three old threads on it you’ve bought up 😃

Maybe watch some you tube videos on it. Or ball roll them and hold your nerve then tap it in. Kinda need to wait till the last second to shoot the ball. You will know if they are a mover in first 20 mins or not.

Agree it is frustrating when they are super good at it. But it’s a part of game and I think it’s a good thing even though I don’t do it.
  • Corkysquid47
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Git gud as they say on Reddit
  • abhreebhu_45
    6801 posts Big Money Move
    David12344 wrote: »

I’m starting to think it’s bugging you as it’s three old threads on it you’ve bought up 😃

Maybe watch some you tube videos on it. Or ball roll them and hold your nerve then tap it in. Kinda need to wait till the last second to shoot the ball. You will know if they are a mover in first 20 mins or not.

Agree it is frustrating when they are super good at it. But it’s a part of game and I think it’s a good thing even though I don’t do it.

😆
    I was about to say something like that
  • RangerCraig
    3107 posts National Call-Up
    The odd glance at radar, if you see keeper coming you can get chip in before the defender backtacks and keeper gets to you. Got good few goals with this method in fut champs this week.

Must been a youtuber at it as I noticed it much more than before.
  • Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro

Prefer to revive existing threads in instead of starting new ones. Did some youtube studies yesterday, seems ball roll, heel 2 heel or something like that could ease my pain.

• Jordonp
    1329 posts Professional

See keeper run out? Ball roll, finesse shot. Goes in every time. Need to make that part of your repertoire.
  • David12344
    14559 posts Has That Special Something

Prefer to revive existing threads in instead of starting new ones. Did some youtube studies yesterday, seems ball roll, heel 2 heel or something like that could ease my pain.

Tbh I don’t get it too often

But when I do. They are Always going far post. So if they do it once ball roll smash near post.

Or even just go near post

I find a finesse at far post goes past them anyway.
  • Batman442
    5985 posts Big Money Move
    I had this in one game of rivals last week, must have cleared 8 or 9 shots off the line. The opponent was playing 5 at the back, maybe this was it.