Who else hates GK movement?

Wikypedia
518 posts An Exciting Prospect
I think the ability to manually move the keeper left and right should be removed. It makes it super annoying when opponent masters it.

I just played against someone, who is not exactly a good player. I went past his defenses so many times but he just knows how to place the keeper to where I’m likely to shoot based on the game mechanic.

It’s so annoying to see a keeper that moves to a side of the goal and leaving the other side open but it’s too late for you to change anything cos you’ve input the shot and direction

Comments

• Zefi
    469 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The only reason I hate it’s cause I can’t move the gk.

But I do like it makes the gk usefull
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    Imo they should slow the movement down by half then its going to be ok.
  • Tster101
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    Adds a little skill gap in a game with a minimal skill gap
  • Paul9619
    720 posts Semi-Pro
    It’s annoying because you can still move the keeper AFTER the shoot animation kicks
    In which is even worse if you have delay as you can’t react quick enough
  • Mmandras
    5722 posts Big Money Move
    I hate it but it's a skill and creates skillgap, is beneficial to the game and adds depth and complexity to it's mechanic.

You have to play smart with GK movers and you might actually score more easilly with fake shots.
  • Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    The most horrible thing is people pulling the GK out all the time. I am so often trough on goal but it seems in 90% impossible to either chip or just bypass him with a shot. So annoying people cant defend my passing, but the pull their bloody gk and I cant score
  • bberger
    7836 posts League Winner
    edited July 18
    Hody wrote: »
    The most horrible thing is people pulling the GK out all the time. I am so often trough on goal but it seems in 90% impossible to either chip or just bypass him with a shot. So annoying people cant defend my passing, but the pull their bloody gk and I cant score

Wow, you don't even bother to change your post's text when digging up stone age threads.. Oo

Way to get the forum going against you..
  • Corkysquid47
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wikypedia wrote: »
    I think the ability to manually move the keeper left and right should be removed. It makes it super annoying when opponent masters it.

I just played against someone, who is not exactly a good player. I went past his defenses so many times but he just knows how to place the keeper to where I’m likely to shoot based on the game mechanic.

It’s so annoying to see a keeper that moves to a side of the goal and leaving the other side open but it’s too late for you to change anything cos you’ve input the shot and direction

This is the point of goal keepers! If you can control a keeper while trying to defend fair play. It stops them half assing collection of the ball because 70% they punch it out to an outfield opposition player, 20% they parry for a corner, 10% they parry to the closest striker and flop around rather than saving
  • bobbyfischer
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just shoot near post when you have such an opponent. Easy goals.
  • rmoxon
    3278 posts National Call-Up
    Tster101 wrote: »

Not really.

If they move their keeper you just go near post instead of far post. It’s not really skill.
  • Cornushon
    5317 posts Big Money Move
    I love GK movement, you just take a pause and score other way. Majority of wannabees can't execute it well and they focus too much on moving GK and forget about defenders. Then it makes it easier to penetrate and score
  • Arsenalman
    2747 posts National Call-Up
    I do because I full for it every time😄it’s also silly too
  • I SiR MartY I
    9619 posts League Winner
    Hody wrote: »

Ball roll finesse
  • Chavez76
    9311 posts League Winner
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Tster101 wrote: »

Not really.

If they move their keeper you just go near post instead of far post. It’s not really skill.

the skill part is the fac you actually have to pay attention and not just take the eay shot and score always.
    I am bad at it, but I feel it's good that its here.
  • oldboiler
    4776 posts National Call-Up
    I pretty much think my opposition has one opportunity each game to surprise me with GK movement ….once they’ve used it, it tends to be a disadvantage more than an advantage if they do it again
  • Captain_Emirate
    989 posts Professional
    edited July 19
    it is a good skill added ,,
    not any one knows how to move well
    Shots directions should be expected right ,,

it is hard when you control defenders and GK ,,
    but easier in PKs & FKs and 1-to-1 situation

So you try to learn to control
    other than order to remove it ,,
  • marktko
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had no idea you could move the keeper... 🙄
  • The_giant616
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero
    Like many things in the game it’s ridiculous because it doesn’t happen in real life. You’d never see a goalkeeper move a metre away from their near post because they guessed a striker was shooting far post.

As usual though, you’ll see people defending it and talking about skill gaps, but they are gamers, not lovers of actual football.
  • rmoxon
    3278 posts National Call-Up
    Like many things in the game it’s ridiculous because it doesn’t happen in real life. You’d never see a goalkeeper move a metre away from their near post because they guessed a striker was shooting far post.

As usual though, you’ll see people defending it and talking about skill gaps, but they are gamers, not lovers of actual football.

Most of them aren’t even gamers.

In my experience most of the FIFA audience is very casual and don’t really know that much about gaming.
  • Captain_Emirate
    989 posts Professional

This Happen ..
    I watched many videos for GK who stopped near shots ,,

BUT

Imgine a GK with 5sm ,, Mandanada 88 FB ! is this real !
    if this was in real life ,, he should play as ST :D

Most of FUT Birthday cards are unreal

• Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    I will try to ball roll and near post shot, it is very annoying, that I manage to be so often free on goal, due to lots of passing but missing so many chances because of the bloody gk movement or better the rushing out. I manage sometimes to chip but not always
  • SignpostSounder
    4164 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 19

I know, right? It's crazy that these gamers are saying things about a video game as gamers. What a world!

You might not be able to see us from up there on your "BUT I...I AM THE ONE TRUE FOOTBALL LOVER!" high horse, but it's possible for gamers to also be lovers of actual football.

We can just tell the difference between the two very different activities of playing a game and watching a match.

I think moving the keeper is fine. It could maybe do with being toned down a little in terms of movement speed, but whether you like it or not, it DOES add an extra layer of separation between two players.
  • Chavez76
    9311 posts League Winner

yeah, cause a keeper would never try to anticipate where a shot is going ..
  • The_giant616
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chavez76 wrote: »

yeah, cause a keeper would never try to anticipate where a shot is going ..

A keeper would never leave their near post completely open by moving a metre away from it. Defend it all you want, but it would never happen and you couldn’t show me one real world example of it.
  • The_giant616
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero
    SuperKMx wrote: »

I know, right? It's crazy that these gamers are saying things about a video game as gamers. What a world!

You might not be able to see us from up there on your "BUT I...I AM THE ONE TRUE FOOTBALL LOVER!" high horse, but it's possible for gamers to also be lovers of actual football.

We can just tell the difference between the two very different activities of playing a game and watching a match.

I think moving the keeper is fine. It could maybe do with being toned down a little in terms of movement speed, but whether you like it or not, it DOES add an extra layer of separation between two players.

Like i said, it’s stupid and unrealistic. Shouldn’t be in the game but people who love Fifa more than real football will defend it. Carry on though.
  • Jordonp
    1330 posts Professional
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I hate it but it's a skill and creates skillgap, is beneficial to the game and adds depth and complexity to it's mechanic.

You have to play smart with GK movers and you might actually score more easilly with fake shots.

This.

You have to realise that the only place people are moving their keepers is across goal. And what this actually does is make the game a whole lot less predictable as across goal shots are very high % probability of going in and account for the majority of goals in FIFA.

Players are not exploiting any advantages by moving their keeper as you can easily slot the ball in to the opposite site. What they are exploiting is your reliance on the more simple game mechanics to score a goal and I would say that’s fair play.

• Jordonp
    1330 posts Professional

Lovers of actual football I’d expect to see outside. Kicking a real life ball.
  • SignpostSounder
    4164 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 19
    SuperKMx wrote: »

Like i said, it’s stupid and unrealistic. Shouldn’t be in the game but people who love Fifa more than real football will defend it. Carry on though.

I will.

You don't seem to be grasping that FIFA isn't real football. If it was real football, every match would be 90 minutes long and would involve long periods of very little action. It's a game that is BASED ON football, more or less.

As a videogame, steps have to be taken to (try to) ensure that the gameplay is actually enjoyable.

The goalkeeper isn't controlled by a computer in a real game of football, but you don't seem to have an issue with that.
  • The_giant616
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jordonp wrote: »

Lovers of actual football I’d expect to see outside. Kicking a real life ball.

You can do both. Professional footballers play fifa too.