R94 still good at this stage?

Team Sam
3899 posts National Call-Up
He's potentially in range now he's dropped to 2.7m (if I sell everything).

He'd replace 96 Richarlison.

Anyone still using him?

Comments

• gokugogogo
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2021
    You can get a toty Cr7 for 1.5m, and he is better than Pim Ronaldo as a rst for me ...
    Not worth it at this point, buy it only because you love him
  • BeefyRabouter
    6734 posts Big Money Move
    Toty cr7 for 1.5 so nah
  • Team Sam
    It's less a question of whether he is worth it, as I know there's better for cheaper.

I'm more wondering whether he'll still feel excellent at this stage?
  • gokugogogo
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    Team Sam wrote: »
    It's less a question of whether he is worth it, as I know there's better for cheaper.

I don't even like his Moment :# It's really hard to play him when you don't have the perfect connection, feels so clunky
  • Andyh60
    2629 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2021
    Brought him for last wl and nope nothing special at all 🙁
  • Team Sam
    gokugogogo wrote: »

I don't even like his Moment :# It's really hard to play him when you don't have the perfect connection, feels so clunky

Ha, oh dear!
  • Team Sam
    Andyh60 wrote: »
    Brought him for last wl and nope nothing special at all 🙁

Where did you take him?
  • Andyh60
    What do you mean take him?
  • Team Sam
    What do you mean take him?

I was joking, sorry.

Just because you said you brought him.
  • Andyh60
    Oh right "purchased" him then but well sold now lol as pim dalglish defo better let alone tots mertens.
  • Team Sam
    Oh right "purchased" him then but well sold now lol as pim dalglish defo better let alone tots mertens.

Bought will do!

Thanks mate, not what I wanted to hear, but saves me some cash.

I reckon I'll make the PIM my target for next fifa and just have untradeables around him
  • Jonboyparker
    7441 posts League Winner
    Nows the time to use the players you want to use. What do you need him to do for you? I bet he’ll score the same amount of goals as your current striker. Who would you enjoy more?
  • FrankFrank
    9068 posts League Winner
    Still great yea, but better players out there for less coins.

If he is the one you wanna try then go for him :)
  • Team Sam
    Nows the time to use the players you want to use. What do you need him to do for you? I bet he’ll score the same amount of goals as your current striker. Who would you enjoy more?

Good point.

Depends if he'll leave me feeling frustrated all the time.
  • Team Sam

Good point.

Thanks
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    edited July 2021
    I have his prime untradable and I play him out wide in a 442 just because I need the links. He’s not the guy imo
  • Jonboyparker
    7441 posts League Winner
    edited July 2021

Good point.

Maybe. But frustration is in the game, not the player. You’ll feel something different when you score with him compared to other players.

If you buy him and use him for a week, then sell him, you’ll probably lose coins. If you can accept that at this stage you’re a winner. You can then buy CR7 with what’s left and then you’ve tried both. Or you might love him and be happy. You could also choose to skip him and not use him. Would you feel regret?

How many and what players do you want to use? Work out who you can get and work down the kiss until you hit the sweet spot. It’s a great time to try players for fun.
  • Jonboyparker
    7441 posts League Winner
    kraid wrote: »
    I have his prime untradable and I play him out wide in a 442 just because I need the links. He’s not the guy imo

Untradable or tradable? You’re probably right in saying he’s not all that. At my skill level they all play the same tbh. I have his PIM. Id probably still score the same amount with gold Mbappe but nots bit interesting enough for me now. It’s more about the feeling of using the card more than the output of goals if that makes sense. There’s nothing else to play for, other than completion of the game.
  • Team Sam

Good point.

Maybe. But frustration is in the game, not the player. You’ll feel something different when you score with him compared to other players.

If you buy him and use him for a week, then sell him, you’ll probably lose coins. If you can accept that at this stage you’re a winner. You can then buy CR7 with what’s left and then you’ve tried both. Or you might love him and be happy. You could also choose to skip him and not use him. Would you feel regret?

How many and what players do you want to use? Work out who you can get and work down the kiss until you hit the sweet spot. It’s a great time to try players for fun.

Thanks, I completely agree.

I used his 96 a couple of years ago. Last year I got the 94, but after TOTS started and it felt too late.

I cashed in and got TOTY Ronaldo and Mbappe, who were clearly better.

Still slightly regretted selling him though.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    kraid wrote: »

Untradable or tradable? You’re probably right in saying he’s not all that. At my skill level they all play the same tbh. I have his PIM. Id probably still score the same amount with gold Mbappe but nots bit interesting enough for me now. It’s more about the feeling of using the card more than the output of goals if that makes sense. There’s nothing else to play for, other than completion of the game.

Untradable, if he were tradable he’d already be gone. Luckily I loved him as a player but the Fifa Ronaldo isn’t the Ronaldo I watched. R9 was aggressive and agile and accelerated like a rocket. Fifa r9 is a potato.