Futties promo underwhelming?

1
Mmandras
5493 posts Big Money Move
Why are Futties not like any other promo + old special cards?

I honestly thought they will release "pink" teams 1 and 2.

Nothing says hype like Ones to Watch items in July... :neutral:

Comments

  • macman85
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    It has been like 1 day, give it a chance! It is pretty much a buy everything at half price. Like for example I always wanted to try headliners Yedder or FBD Modric and those two cost me less than 100k put together. It is just a bit of fun now (if only the gameplay could get in the spirit of things).
  • TheMightyBee
    3760 posts National Call-Up
    Hopefully they release repeatable TOTS SBC's etc that have no limit. Those were always fun to do.

    I would expect lots of crazy SBC's coming out in the next two weeks to get everyone hyped for 22.
  • garmak
    462 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Would like more objective players like the mendy from last year.
  • Batman442
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    How can you say it's underwhelming when it's not even out 24 hours
  • Damo_Suzuki
    3242 posts National Call-Up
    I think the issue for me is that after PTG cards getting upgrades and the Ramos, Eusebio and Mattheus SBC's, there are very few players that can improve my team now unless I had the coins for SS Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo (which I don't).

    So unless they release 99 rated cards for cheap then Futties is pretty pointless to me. Kante is just the one that I want that could possibly upgrade on my PIM Makelele.
  • JustusX
    3002 posts National Call-Up
    Promo would be great for me if I had coins or fodder as could really improve my team. I have neither :D
  • limjitwe
    9935 posts Has That Special Something
    Batman442 wrote: »
    How can you say it's underwhelming when it's not even out 24 hours

    People will complain about anything 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Jonboyparker
    7176 posts Big Money Move
    It’s just started. What’s not to like? Everyone has a chance of getting some of the cards they couldn’t use. There’s a repeatable sbc and futties sbcs, seems legit to me. No need for MORE teams of cards now.

    That’s comes from me. Every card in this promo is fodder to me but I’m happy all the casuals and new fut player get a chance to use some of the big cards without having to pay huge amounts.
  • Bob_Bobson
    1307 posts Professional
    I think it has started great tbh. Absolutely nuked my club doing the PP though :lol:
  • I SiR MartY I
    9342 posts League Winner
    edited July 17
    wrong thread loool
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    Batch 1 is always the weakest of the three batches usually released. I'd imagine batch 2 will include the other cards from toty, fut b/day, what if etc that weren't included in batch 1. Batch 3 is normally when they re-release tots.
  • David12344
    12623 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s been a day 😂

    Great content to start it off too.
  • Jonboyparker
    7176 posts Big Money Move
    I just need repeatable PIM sbc to finish off now. Did 70 last year and want to beat it 😂
  • Fifan100k1
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    For players that have better versions of the ones currently in packs, will they add the higher rated ones later? ie Mbappe, Messi, Salah, Varane, etc
  • Jonboyparker
    7176 posts Big Money Move
    Fifan100k1 wrote: »
    For players that have better versions of the ones currently in packs, will they add the higher rated ones later? ie Mbappe, Messi, Salah, Varane, etc

    They’ll probably add a selection but not all of them
  • Mmandras
    5493 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 17
    Ok, I'll give them 24h for the and thats it. The clock is ticking, EA. :)
    Batch 1 is always the weakest of the three batches usually released. I'd imagine batch 2 will include the other cards from toty, fut b/day, what if etc that weren't included in batch 1. Batch 3 is normally when they re-release tots.

    Who needs batches of old cards when only TOTY CR7 will make you team?

    And even TOTS is behind the curve slightly. We all got gazillion of reds, plus picks by now.

    We used to have futties special cards team before?
  • Jonboyparker
    7176 posts Big Money Move
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Ok, I'll give them 24h for the and thats it. The clock is ticking, EA. :)
    Batch 1 is always the weakest of the three batches usually released. I'd imagine batch 2 will include the other cards from toty, fut b/day, what if etc that weren't included in batch 1. Batch 3 is normally when they re-release tots.

    Who needs batches of old cards when only TOTY CR7 will make you team?

    And even TOTS is behind the curve slightly. We all got gazillion of reds, plus picks by now.

    We used to have futties special cards team before?

    I don’t need them either but I see the bigger picture. There so many people that have missed out on these cards. They are now kind of achievable and there’s a huge market crash to go with it too.

    I have all the best cards on the game but I’m happy that everyone can now get great cards too. Hopefully they’ll release the big icon sbcs this year for everyone. I won’t bet on it but every year I hope they make every card accessable for everyone, including 99 CR7 etc. It just good that people can at least get some of the cards and the price of the bigger cards come down.

    I don’t remember futties teams personally but I might be wrong. I do know I used to do all the futties sbcs for fun and make a futties team. Probably won’t do it this year because I’ll try for a untradable PIM team again.

    What was disappointing last year is they said icons would be accessable for all and they weren’t. I had to buy the big gun, like I gave this year already. I take no satisfaction in denying others so I hope EA do the right thing I kill my team market value.
  • chicken_nuggetsFTW
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Really pleased with Futties being an SBC addict and all.
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Ok, I'll give them 24h for the and thats it. The clock is ticking, EA. :)
    Batch 1 is always the weakest of the three batches usually released. I'd imagine batch 2 will include the other cards from toty, fut b/day, what if etc that weren't included in batch 1. Batch 3 is normally when they re-release tots.

    Who needs batches of old cards when only TOTY CR7 will make you team?

    And even TOTS is behind the curve slightly. We all got gazillion of reds, plus picks by now.

    We used to have futties special cards team before?

    True, but EA seem determined to slow the power curve to a snail's pace this fifa.
  • truegunn3r
    12102 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 17
    It’s fraud. I can’t recall a single moment when Telles was more popular than Mendy. I guess the LB spot is done so no Mendy
    Post edited by truegunn3r on
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    Just opened an Ultimate pack and got one 82, everything else 81 and under. So much for the improved futties pack weight. EA have really nerfed the pack weight even more then usual.
  • garmak
    462 posts An Exciting Prospect
    garmak wrote: »
    Would like more objective players like the mendy from last year.

    I spoke too soon. Like the 94 fodder /super sub. Keep it going EA.
  • Vidic_15
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’m with OP, probably only TOTY Ronaldo gets in my team, would have loved most of the cards that have been included a couple of months ago but I would be weakening my team by putting them in now so what’s the point really, I am never going to get Ronaldo

    For example I got Varane champions league in my Futties pick which would have been unbelievable a couple of months ago, but I have EOE Ramos and FOF militao so just wasted fodder.

    And surely they are just trolling Shaw now by giving Telles that card, almost like Mourinho in charge of choosing the SBCs
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    Vidic_15 wrote: »
    I’m with OP, probably only TOTY Ronaldo gets in my team, would have loved most of the cards that have been included a couple of months ago but I would be weakening my team by putting them in now so what’s the point really, I am never going to get Ronaldo

    For example I got Varane champions league in my Futties pick which would have been unbelievable a couple of months ago, but I have EOE Ramos and FOF militao so just wasted fodder.

    And surely they are just trolling Shaw now by giving Telles that card, almost like Mourinho in charge of choosing the SBCs

    If Mourinho is the sbc guy that would explain a lot with the state of the sbc's this year.
  • Mmandras
    5493 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 21
    Well, this didn't age well. :neutral:

    It has been pretty good, galore of amazing cards with epic stats, possibly even better than last year's summer heat.
  • MonTheGers
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    After the worst TOTS promo I think av ever experienced they sure made up for it with this promo to finish the game. The one thing I don't get though is how they work out the requirements for the SBC's as it's all over the place.
  • Illini McG
    1015 posts Professional
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Why are Futties not like any other promo + old special cards?

    I honestly thought they will release "pink" teams 1 and 2.

    Nothing says hype like Ones to Watch items in July... :neutral:

    It's not about the packs/fifa points. Based on sbc and objectives futties has been by far best value and content of fifa 21 cycle.
  • Cornushon
    5305 posts Big Money Move
    Absolutely banger of a promo. I even played 2 WLs up to 15 wins.
    Jsut shows more better cards we have, more peo5 play. EA should stop milking community with trash for first 6-7 months of the cycles.
  • Retropoe82
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its been a good promo ngl, yet where was the past sbc players? We had a few in milestones then that was it. Thought we would of had a 2nd futties sbc today that aint happened. Was hoping for a mendy or summit. Still a week to go but i think thats it now.

    Been a good send off
Sign In or Register to comment.