Is FOF Acuna the best midfielder in fifa history?

Comments

• Lax22
    397 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone used him as striker yet?
  • Fifapayne
    4591 posts National Call-Up
    gokugogogo wrote: »
    filipina wrote: »
    Would you rather use:
    PIM Matthaus (stay back) - FOF Acuna (balanced)
    Mid Vieira (stay back) - PIM Matthaus (balanced)
    SS Delaney (stay back) - PIM Matthaus (balanced)

in 4231/442

If you must choose from those 3, PIM Matthaus (stay back) - FOF Acuna (balanced) without doubt.
    Other two choices are just too defensive and lacking skills or WF at this point of the game

Delaney has 4 star 4 star
  • Swanz05
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    Fun card but not the 'best midfielder in Fifa history' eg only 4* skills but TOTSSF/AW De Bruyne last year was better imo.
  • gokugogogo
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 13
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Would you rather use:

in 4231/442

If you must choose from those 3, PIM Matthaus (stay back) - FOF Acuna (balanced) without doubt.
    Other two choices are just too defensive and lacking skills or WF at this point of the game

But PIM Matthaus don't, and you really need skill move to going foward, Delaney is really just a stay back cdm
  • Fifapayne
    4591 posts National Call-Up
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Would you rather use:

in 4231/442

But PIM Matthaus don't, and you really need skill move to going foward, Delaney is really just a stay back cdm

Idk man
    I let him roam free and scores goals for fun.
  • FrankFrank
    7729 posts League Winner
    99 KDB last year had a much bigger impact imo.
  • Nickthegreek20
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    I really don’t understand why skill moves matter on a CM or CDM, they’re there to drive the ball forward or keep it moving. Not elastico or croquetta in the centre circle. Surely WF is more important for the passing.
  • Sterve
    1108 posts Professional
    Fifa 19 pim gullit with the crossing meta. Acuna is great though.
  • gokugogogo
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 13
    I really don’t understand why skill moves matter on a CM or CDM, they’re there to drive the ball forward or keep it moving. Not elastico or croquetta in the centre circle. Surely WF is more important for the passing.

Because pressure is insane this year, 4 * skill move will let you do heel to heel and croquette, or croquette cancel to get out the pressure more easily when your opponents trying to pressure you.
  • Nickthegreek20
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero

Because pressure is insane this year, 4 * skill move will let you do heel to heel and croquette, or croquette cancel to get out the pressure more easily when your opponents trying to pressure you.

I get what ya mean, but i can safely say I’ve never done a croquetta in my own half and I was in div 1 for ages and now I’m high div 2 now.
  • gokugogogo
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 13

I get what ya mean, but i can safely say I’ve never done a croquetta in my own half and I was in div 1 for ages and now I’m high div 2 now.

I don't do croquetta too in my own half, but sometimes when you have 1 goal lead and your opponent starting to go all out pressure, croquetta cancel for me is like the best way to get out of the pressure in my own half... That's why no pro use Vieira in the midfield this year, they all use him in cb, because he is really hard to get out of the pressure when they turn on the constant pressure.
  • libertao
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero

I agree for you and me (ie the majority of players), but nearly every time I come against a 2200+ skill player, it is constant croqueta cancels with back to goal to safely move around pressuring midfielders.
  • Vezzo
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    libertao wrote: »

I agree for you and me (ie the majority of players), but nearly every time I come against a 2200+ skill player, it is constant croqueta cancels with back to goal to safely move around pressuring midfielders.

One of the reasons I am not preordering 22
  • starfox1284
    3606 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 13
    Pim Gullit in 19 is the best since he has almost a 75% chance of scoring a corner in that game.
  • bobbyfischer
    237 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 13
    Would Acuna be wasted as a 'run up and down all game' winger?

I play him with those instructions as LM in a 352. He is class. Scores many long shots, has a great passing and defends like a beast. His 99 stamina is nice too.
  • bobbyfischer
    237 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have him untradable and play him as LM. Otherwise I would prefer Frenkie or Modric as a CDM/CM.
  • Air Diddy
    1792 posts Play-Off Hero
    Have both Verrati and Acuna

Prefer Verrati tbh he is smaller but plays like D like a juiced up Kante that has 5* 5* and can shoot finesse from way out side the box
  • Miigue
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    Summer heat Mendy was better
  • I SiR MartY I
    9341 posts League Winner
    17 Nainggolan
  • D909
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    D909 wrote: »
    Legit question cause I think he might just be, I've looked back and unless I missed someone also considering he's getting the 5 star 5 star upgrade no one looks better, what do y'all think?

I use my Acuna with Prime Gullit and prime Essien in 4312 and honestly I don't think I've used anyone like him, the only issue was the wf and now that's fixed, anyway like someone said, it's all relative, for some he is the best for others no chance, but we can all agree it's a really good card and for those who have used him they know he is not just some guy with stats.
  • Scotchy09
    404 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jorghino showdown is incredible and will go to 96 soon
  • Mmandras
    5493 posts Big Money Move
    Any version of Gullit in any Fifa is better, except base of course, just for start.

• Sujitsky123
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scotchy09 wrote: »
    Jorghino showdown is incredible and will go to 96 soon

He is 96 already
  • chicken_nuggetsFTW
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes, he’s absolutely cracked.
  • spy
    2513 posts Fans' Favourite
    Air Diddy wrote: »
    Have both Verrati and Acuna

Prefer Verrati tbh he is smaller but plays like D like a juiced up Kante that has 5* 5* and can shoot finesse from way out side the box

I’ve got the both too an think Verratti is much better. Possibly because I have used Acuna at LM and Verratti in the centre but have found Acuna fairly anonymous.
  • TW1103
    3720 posts National Call-Up
    I packed him tradeable before. Saw he was 500k on the market and cashed in immediately because he didn't fit my team, and I didn't realise what the promo actually was.
    Feel a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ now
  • libertao
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    spy wrote: »
    Possibly because I have used Acuna at LM and Verratti in the centre but have found Acuna fairly anonymous.

Well yeah, that is an enormous difference. Switch their in-game positions and then judge.
  • Killatix
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Legit question cause I think he might just be, I've looked back and unless I missed someone also considering he's getting the 5 star 5 star upgrade no one looks better, what do y'all think?

If stats etc mattered, Lukaku would probably be top3 striker in the game... custom animations, custom body type, traits etc. are more important. that acuna card doesnt even have an ingame face. compare his aura on the pitch to that of someone like gullit and vieira...
  • D909
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Any version of Gullit in any Fifa is better, except base of course, just for start.

I get why you'd say this but I disagree, there are things my Acuna can do that my prime Gullit can't and vice versa. But I will not go as far as saying Gullit can replace Acuna in the role of RCM in a 4312, with the way I play someone like Acuna is a much better fit so it really is relative to the person's play style.
  • Arsenalman
    2649 posts National Call-Up
    Mmandras wrote: »

I get why you'd say this but I disagree, there are things my Acuna can do that my prime Gullit can't and vice versa. But I will not go as far as saying Gullit can replace Acuna in the role of RCM in a 4312, with the way I play someone like Acuna is a much better fit so it really is relative to the person's play style.

This, it’s all about playstyle.