Who’s excited for futties.

Comments

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2021
    Cornushon wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    dead Excited me personally. I hope Friday

This is much needed to inject some fun back in the game.

Who would you like to see get one ?

CB13-A9-D0-7-C59-4438-A4-EC-ED635-ECC8-FAE.png

For me that's a main problem with the game tbh, cause it's promos that makes it exciting (ish). This is ultimate lapse in game design (or intentionally put feature) that nothing else makes it more attractive and less dreadful, apart from new shiny cards.
    Pray on addiction as rooted cause..

Addiction Hypeeeeeeeee 😆
  • Cornushon
    5605 posts Big Money Move
    This stage of the game, making better cards is pointless. Most of them already maxed out. Teams are conplete and competitive, and it's pure on players skills and connection issues who win. Then you get all the flaws with the game, and EA knowingly put more and more shiny trash out, to milk you as last chance b4 pull you in buying new game.
    Smart marketing, but I despise it with all my heart.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    This stage of the game, making better cards is pointless. Most of them already maxed out. Teams are conplete and competitive, and it's pure on players skills and connection issues who win. Then you get all the flaws with the game, and EA knowingly put more and more shiny trash out, to milk you as last chance b4 pull you in buying new game.
    Smart marketing, but I despise it with all my heart.

I understand that. But apart from the beginning of the game this is probably the best part. Especially for players that don’t have stacked teams. They can now grab so many players at high rating and hopefully more variety
  • phep
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    dead Excited me personally. I hope Friday

This is much needed to inject some fun back in the game.

Who would you like to see get one ?

CB13-A9-D0-7-C59-4438-A4-EC-ED635-ECC8-FAE.png

For me that's a main problem with the game tbh, cause it's promos that makes it exciting (ish). This is ultimate lapse in game design (or intentionally put feature) that nothing else makes it more attractive and less dreadful, apart from new shiny cards.
    Pray on addiction as rooted cause..

This is the same as most games though. In almost every game you either need an objective to complete or something to work towards, which have fun rewards you obtain by meeting the objective. Even RPGs you complete quests to get new weapons/armour etc, shooters you level up to get new guns. In Fifa, all there really is to play for is new players, and if everyone already had the best possible team there’s only so long it would still be fun to play without anything to build towards.

It seems cynical, but it’s definitely one way of constantly having something to progress towards to improve your team and extending the time people want to play the game, which is ultimately their goal.
  • SignpostSounder
    4238 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2021
    Managed to get a really nice Bundesliga squad together and have SS CR7 on the bench. Lowest rating in the team is 93. Sat there last night wondering why I had wasted my time, given that I couldn't really be bothered to go into a match.

Does FUTTIES mean that there will be something other than Squad Battles to play offline? No.

Does it mean there will be something to do other than the same Rivals mode I've been able to play for 40-odd weeks? No.

Will it make FUT Champs more fun? No.

Will there be any themed knockout tournaments to play in? No.

Will draft mode be any different? No.

Will any friendly challenges still be packed with children who get angry if you don't quit after conceding, but who absolutely wouldn't have quit if you had scored first? Yes!

Will it change the game in any way other than making people drool over cards that they'll probably never obtain? No.

So...I'm intrigued to see what cards they put out, but..."excited"...nah.
  • Fifapayne
    7186 posts Big Money Move
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Managed to get a really nice Bundesliga squad together and have SS CR7 on the bench. Lowest rating in the team is 93. Sat there last night wondering why I had wasted my time, given that I couldn't really be bothered to go into a match.

Does FUTTIES mean that there will be something other than Squad Battles to play offline? No.

Does it mean there will be something to do other than the same Rivals mode I've been able to play for 40-odd weeks? No.

Will any friendly challenges still be packed with children who get angry if you don't quit after conceding, but who absolutely wouldn't have quit if you had scored first? Yes!

Will it change the game in any way other than making people drool over cards that they'll probably never obtain? No.

Fut champs is the ultimate mode
    I like playing champs to test out my new players/squad. Irregardless of the rewards
  • Solari
    2232 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maybe kante finally…but I really want ea to release zidane and gullit SBC …
  • abhreebhu_45
    15142 posts World Class
    Some players with no promo/special cards(premier league bias)

Mendy(gk)
    Kovacic
    Azpilicueta
    Ziyech
    Zouma
    Jesus
    Stones
    Fernandinho
    Alisson
    Telles
    Maguire
    De gea
    Matic
    Mata
    Martial
    James
    Auba
    Pepe
    Martinelli
    Smith Rowe
    Hojberg
    Alderwiereld
    Lloris
    Aurier
    Davies
    Alli
    Allan

A long list 😆

• Hoopsterz
    3654 posts National Call-Up
    With all the juiced up cards already.. 5 players now being 99 rated with too many 98 rated..

Where is the excitement? The game is a joke now..

You have 4+ pages of players over 95 rated on futbin now..

Bring back the days players would actually have to be good in real life to get a 95+ rated card.. now all they need to do is be on the bench for the right team and they are in with a chance.
  • RayS
    37785 posts International Superstar
    If they give us some unique 94+ rated players, I'll be very excited.

If we get another batch of META cards that already have 10 special cards, not so much
  • MonTheGers
    926 posts Semi-Pro
    Sissoko will be a stick on to get one.
  • gokugogogo
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    It’s already too late and we already had a huge promo.
  • Corkysquid47
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    phep wrote: »
    Mdm wrote: »
    Tboon wrote: »
    Out of coins and player so I'm not that excited lol

The great thing is that all players are available In packs at some point. Unfortunately the preview packs ends this friday.

Oh no 🤦‍♂️. Now why would they take away preview packs now.

Hopefully you can top up the fodder now though mate.

You get engagement packs and good objectives apparently

What are engagement packs

Pack rewards which increase in quality depending on how many days you log in (i.e log in 2 days, get a premium gold pack, log in 5 days, get a mega pack etc.)

This should be a thing like Microsoft rewards where the more weeks you do you get a bigger bonus.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2021
    gokugogogo wrote: »

Biggest and best one for me.

Summer heat was amazing last year.

Great objectives

Great sbcs

Plenty of specials in packs.

Could even now help with icon sbcs with better pack weight and specials in packs.
  • johntempera
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    Mmmh I bet the graphic design department is working overtime changing numbers on cards while coding dep is taking a nap and do a copy-paste from NIF’s.
  • gokugogogo
    802 posts Semi-Pro

Great objectives

Great sbcs

Could even now help with icon sbcs

Yeah what I mean is Futties started late June in 19, and summer heat started late June in 20 too.
    There is not much time left in the game now. :#
  • BogusTommy
    2529 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2021
    Maybe we could have a week or two to enjoy the current top cards first ?

I would like to try out the new Gomez, Lukaku and Cavani cards but don't dare to buy now them in case they will be worthless on friday
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain

Great objectives

Great sbcs

Yeah what I mean is Futties started late June in 19, and summer heat started late June in 20 too.

Sadly this is true.

Wish it was earlier too
  • SignpostSounder
    4238 posts National Call-Up
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    SuperKMx wrote: »

Fut champs is the ultimate mode
    I like playing champs to test out my new players/squad. Irregardless of the rewards

Ok, cool.
  • Mossup
    1385 posts Professional

Great objectives

Great sbcs

Sadly this is true.

Wish it was earlier too

9 weeks(ish) until fifa22.
    Plenty of time for EA to continue milking their cash cow.
  • EekAlaska
    3143 posts National Call-Up
    Preview Packs are EAs way to try and get around all of the lawsuits for in game gambling. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring them back either for the rest of this year or are the only way to getbpacks in 22.