France for this WL - which country next?

Dutch3723
1477 posts Play-Off Hero
I think these WL objectives might be a weekly thing from now on. I reckon Brazil... Thoughts?

Comments

• MikeTheGoat
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s a stupid idea. People build end game teams to now be given a requirement.

Same teams every game, pause at kick off, sub 3 players in, rinse and repeat. Spent all year getting rid of gold mbappe and Varane for EA to make a requirement to get them back in. These guys ain’t the smartest.

But to answer your question, yes, Brazil
  • RangerCraig
    3107 posts National Call-Up
    Scotland
  • Destin8or
    5199 posts Big Money Move

Same teams every game, pause at kick off, sub 3 players in, rinse and repeat. Spent all year getting rid of gold mbappe and Varane for EA to make a requirement to get them back in. These guys ain’t the smartest.

It's given WL some temporary CPR imo.

The notion of end game really doesnt exist.
  • ContraCode64
    3687 posts National Call-Up
    Brazil or Spain probably. Most likely the former.
  • MikeTheGoat
    Destin8or wrote: »

It’ll be on life support after the 10th 45 second kick off pause in a row.
  • bberger
    7836 posts League Winner

It isn't a requirement. You're free to use whatever "endgame team" you want?
  • abhreebhu_45
    6797 posts Big Money Move
    bberger wrote: »

😆
    Yeah
  • Bob_Bobson
    1456 posts Professional
    It's a decent idea but they need to expand it a bit to stop prices spiking up. Something like 8 x nation or 8 y nation in the starting team.
  • David12344
    14558 posts Has That Special Something
    North Macedonia
  • Izzy2K17
    13489 posts Has That Special Something

Yeah don’t get all the complaining since WL itself has no requirements, if you want some extra rewards tho you’re gonna have to change it up a bit
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Germany hopefully
  • All4fun1991
    2352 posts Fans' Favourite
    But the player base behave like addicts, we accept everything thrown at us…if the players demand a better content and stop pretending everything is okay once swaps come around.. Now some of us will have to play WL to get that extra token, normally I take non icon packs and forget about the WL token. But this time around is only icon packs. I need at least 7 tokens to open the next pack.
  • Jordonp
    1327 posts Professional
    Germany or Spain would suit me :)
  • Destin8or
    5199 posts Big Money Move

Those pauses don't bother me, you will pay for your early sub later.
  • WorcsEverton
    327 posts Sunday League Hero

I can see this happening yes but in WL it's actually an act of stupidity. Hit 60 mins plus, never mind the occasional Extra Time and you need those subs. I guarantee that persistence to carry on games rather than rubber banding will see alot of late comeback wins
  • The_giant616
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero

I’m gonna enjoy subbing on 3 players at 60 mins and making the most out of fresh legs while the people who sub on at the beginning struggle. It’s those little victories that l actually enjoy in the game.
  • number7rocky
    7293 posts Big Money Move
    Probably Brazil, maybe England
  • MikeTheGoat
    edited June 24

If you want the extra picks, you are required to use a specific nation. Now repeat that back so I know you understand.
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »

Yeah don’t get all the complaining since WL itself has no requirements, if you want some extra rewards tho you’re gonna have to change it up a bit

Changing it up isn’t the issue, but they should make it a french squad (similar to icon swaps), so people can’t pause and put in their TOTS CR7. 8 players is just a bit pointless.

Those pauses don't bother me, you will pay for your early sub later.

You know you get more than 1 pause right?

• chiholam
    1246 posts Professional

If you want the extra picks, you are required to use a specific nation. Now repeat that back so I know you understand.

What utter nonsense. You are not required to do the "French WL", you elect to do it. However, if you elect to do it, then you need to meet the requirements, else you don't qualify to receive the "French WL" reward. No one is requiring you to do the "French WL"
    • Should someone complain that they are "required" to win 15 games to get the "standard" WL Icon Swaps?
    • Should someone complain that it is "required" to qualify by getting 2000 points to get WL.
    • Should we complain that we are "required" to win to get points.

• Mmandras
    5722 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 24
    Well it's an interesting twist to keep players engaged for sure and a reward for not sacricifing all the cards into SBCs.

I will be playing just for the swaps objective. After that not likely, but who knows.

I have enough french cards, but unfortunatelly away from home to play those games.

As for the next nation, Brazil, Spain, Argentina, England, it's anybody's guess but 8 cards is too much.

Sure it's not mandatory, but everyone will be playing it.
  • bberger
    7836 posts League Winner
    chiholam wrote: »

What utter nonsense. You are not required to do the "French WL", you elect to do it. However, if you elect to do it, then you need to meet the requirements, else you don't qualify to receive the "French WL" reward. No one is requiring you to do the "French WL"
    • Should someone complain that they are "required" to win 15 games to get the "standard" WL Icon Swaps?
    • Should someone complain that it is "required" to qualify by getting 2000 points to get WL.

Thank you, you saved me from having to reply to that disrespectful dude.
  • MikeTheGoat
    edited June 24

Which part of IF YOU WANT THE EXTRA WL PICKS YOU ARE REQUIRED TO USE A FRENCH SQUAD OF 8 PLAYERS are you struggling with? - Where in my original post do I say it’s a WL requirement and you can’t elect to use your original teams? I clearly explain my opening sentence and context in paragraph after. To refresh your memory, I state that they add a requirement that brings back the players people have been using year.

I know this might be a struggle to bend your minds around this, but do your best to keep up.
  • BeefyRabouter
    5403 posts Big Money Move
    Hello @MikeTheGoat why do they call you a goat? Do you have horns and such?
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    Knowing EA it will be a country no one is expecting to throw off any traders.
  • Clemster
    918 posts Semi-Pro

Which part of IF YOU WANT THE EXTRA WL PICKS YOU ARE REQUIRED TO USE A FRENCH SQUAD OF 8 PLAYERS are you struggling with? - Where in my original post do I say it’s a WL requirement and you can’t elect to use your original teams? I clearly explain my opening sentence and context in paragraph after. To refresh your memory, I state that they add a requirement that brings back the players people have been using year.

I know this might be a struggle to bend your minds around this, but do your best to keep up.

Well it bends my mind. I don't understand "I state that they add a requirement that brings back the players people have been using year"?
  • chiholam
    1246 posts Professional
    edited June 24

But your premise is flawed. Where does it suggest that your "end game" team is exclusively for WL, and WL is exclusively for "end game" teams? That's your choice. In this forum, there's plenty of people who put in their own challenges "silver teams", "bundesliga" etc. for WL etc

And to be clear, I build my "end game" team too, or as I call it, my First Team. In WL, and to be honest - every mode that I can - I play that first team.

However, for certain objectives where I "want" (as you put it. I have highlighted it for you in case you are not able to "keep up") to get that reward, I have to use the objective requirements. I build a Silver Team to do the Silver Beasts.

If you were also complaining that you could not use your "end game" team to complete the reward requirements for
    • Icon Swaps PL
    • Icon Swap La Liga
    • Icons Swap ...
    • Silver Beast
    • One Nation
    • One League
    • That weird "All GK" reward

then I would understand your point. You'd be nuts, but I would understand that at least you are consistent and maintaining the same point though. But you're not, you've construed your "end game" team and WL, but that's your choice. So, you can choose to continue to link your "end game" team with WL but that would mean you don't get the bonus reward for WL. They've not changed any of the standard rewards you would get from playing your end game team.

But as you say, "IF YOU WANT THE EXTRA WL PICKS YOU ARE REQUIRED TO USE A FRENCH SQUAD OF 8 PLAYERS". They key is YOU WANT - you are NOT REQUIRED to do it IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO.

Now - I have typed this all as slowly as I could. Has that helped you to keep up?
  • MikeTheGoat
    edited June 24

They call it me because I was 4th in the world last year and I missed out on top 200 by SP this year :# - I didn’t chose the name, it chose me.
    Clemster wrote: »

Well it bends my mind. I don't understand "I state that they add a requirement that brings back the players people have been using year"?

Where have you been? Gold Mbappe. Varane. Mendy. Back after a 1 WL absence :D

But your premise is flawed. Where does it suggest that your "end game" team is exclusively for WL, and WL is exclusively for "end game" teams? That's your choice. In this forum, there's plenty of people who put in their own challenges "silver teams", "bundesliga" etc. for WL etc

And to be clear, I build my "end game" team too, or as I call it, my First Team. In WL, and to be honest - every mode that I can - I play that first team.

However, for certain objectives where I "want" (as you put it. I have highlighted it for you in case you are not able to "keep up") to get that reward, I have to use the objective requirements. I build a Silver Team to do the Silver Beasts.

If you were also complaining that you could not use your "end game" team to complete the reward requirements for
    • Icon Swaps PL
    • Icon Swap La Liga
    • Icons Swap ...
    • Silver Beast
    • One Nation
    • One League

then I would understand your point. You'd be nuts, but I would understand that at least you are consistent and maintaining the same point though. But you're not, you've construed your "end game" team and WL, but that's your choice. So, you can choose to continue to link your "end game" team with WL but that would mean you don't get the bonus reward for WL. They've not changed any of the standard rewards you would get from playing your end game team.

But as you say, "IF YOU WANT THE EXTRA WL PICKS YOU ARE REQUIRED TO USE A FRENCH SQUAD OF 8 PLAYERS". They key is YOU WANT - you are NOT REQUIRED to do it IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO.

Now - I have typed this all as slowly as I could. Has that helped you to keep up?

Hello mate. Cool story. But I’ll break it down for you. Not once did I say you had to complete the objective. But if you’d like to as 95% of people playing will, it requires you to completely a set of objectives. The requirements of these objectives mean using certain players. This is a squad requirement, needed to compete the objective.

So one final time. If you want the extra picks, you are required to use certain players. As I said previously, multiple times, no one is saying it’s required to play WL. Understand? Please let me know where I say this? I don’t. But this is the whole basis behind your narrative. It’s ridiculous

My end game comment is related to the point in the fifa 21 cycle. Understand?
  • chiholam
    1246 posts Professional
    edited June 24

They call it me because I was 4th in the world last year and I missed out on top 200 by SP this year :# - I didn’t chose the name, it chose me.

• Icon Swaps PL
    • Icon Swap La Liga
    • Icons Swap ...
    • Silver Beast
    • One Nation
    • One League

Hello mate. Cool story. But I’ll break it down for you. Not once did I say you had to complete the objective. But if you’d like to as 95% of people playing will, it requires you to completely a set of objectives. The requirements of these objectives mean using certain players. This is a squad requirement, needed to compete the objective.

So one final time. If you want the extra picks, you are required to use certain players. As I said previously, multiple times, no one is saying it’s required to play WL. Understand? Please let me know where I say this? I don’t. But this is the whole basis behind your narrative. It’s ridiculous

So I think we are agreed on what you are saying in bold - "if you’d like to as 95% of people playing will, it requires you to completely a set of objectives. The requirements of these objectives mean using certain players. This is a squad requirement, needed to compete the objective".

Yes, this is an objective that requires you to use a specific squad. So? What's so special about this one to complain about? As I said earlier - what you have written applies to the following and there were plenty more before these relatively recent ones.
    • Icon Swaps PL - Must use 8 PL First Owneds squad requirement
    • Icon Swap La Liga - Must use 8 La Liga First Owned squad requirement
    • Icon Swap Serie A - Must use 8 ITA1 First Owned squad requirement
    • Icons Swap SB Brazil/Silver/UCL/Argentina squad requirement
    • Silver Beast - Silvers squad requirement
    • One Nation - One Nation squad requirement
    • One League - One League squad requirement
    • That weird "All GK" reward - All GKs squad requirement

One of those was limited to 10 games - can't remember which one.

So what's so special about this French WL reward as a squad requirement to warrant a complaint? All the above have a squad requirement too?

In fact, arguably some of the above are harder to "fill" the squad, as it's 8 FIRST OWNED. The 8 French WL can all be bought. Granted the WL one would be harder to complete the objective given the difficulty level as well as the limited games - but no different a squad requirement to all the others.
  • MikeTheGoat
    edited June 24

• Icon Swaps PL
    • Icon Swap La Liga
    • Icons Swap ...
    • Silver Beast
    • One Nation
    • One League

So I think we are agreed on what you are saying in bold - "if you’d like to as 95% of people playing will, it requires you to completely a set of objectives. The requirements of these objectives mean using certain players. This is a squad requirement, needed to compete the objective".

Yes, this is an objective that requires you to use a specific squad. So? What's so special about this one to complain about? As I said earlier - what you have written applies to the following and there were plenty more before these relatively recent ones.
    • Icon Swaps PL - Must use 8 PL First Owneds squad requirement
    • Icon Swap La Liga - Must use 8 La Liga First Owned squad requirement
    • Icon Swap Serie A - Must use 8 ITA1 First Owned squad requirement
    • Icons Swap SB Brazil/Silver/UCL/Argentina squad requirement
    • Silver Beast - Silvers squad requirement
    • One Nation - One Nation squad requirement
    • One League - One League squad requirement
    • That weird "All GK" reward - All GKs squad requirement

One of those was limited to 10 games - can't remember which one.

So what's so special about this French WL reward as a squad requirement to warrant a complaint? All the above have a squad requirement too?

In fact, arguably some of the above are harder to "fill" the squad, as it's 8 FIRST OWNED. The 8 French WL can all be bought. Granted the WL one would be harder to complete the objective given the difficulty level as well as the limited games - but no different a squad requirement to all the others.

Seriously? GG bro. You win. I give up. Ok it’s not a squad requirement, to get the extra it’s something completely different. :D:D