Why are objective cards such a grind?

Onedoesntsimply
2308 posts Fans' Favourite
Decided to try the game a few weeks ago when it went free on Gamepass and have largely been playing for the few decent objective cards available, but it just seems like such a grind, even for me with basically no good cards. Why is everything "do x in 12/13 separate matches." It just becomes so boring and tiresome. You basically grind one boring game mode with the same players for a week, only to be given another mindless objective next Friday.

Just make it like 6 games and let people play some other parts of the game before slamming another objective down. Right now it's just a waste of peoples' time, and especially when the objective is ridiculous like "assist with defenders." You either get destroyed trying to do that in rivals, or have to grind out 12 squad battle matches, neither of which is particularly enjoyable.

Comments

• greif44
    5706 posts Big Money Move
    I agree. 13 games for Eriksen (and it was pretty clear that this card will remain 91), now 12 games for Hernandez. 8-10 games would be fine at this stage.
  • Andyh60
    1409 posts Professional
    edited June 21
    Combine with other things though and it's not so much of a grind, infact its exactly why I play the game. I mean take hernandez, assist with defender the key bit so also did respective silver/gold sb ones, brazil usa and argentina milestones, All lahm objectives and then also end up with elite 3 rewards this am aswell so to me it's all worth "the grind".
  • YidArmy
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    I abandoned objective players a long time ago.

For me, I turn on a game (fifa or otherwise) to try to have fun or satisfy my competitive needs. Playing for objective cards does neither of those, so I will never do one again.

I find doing objectives like a horrible chore, such as taking out the bins, mowing the grass or doing the washing.
  • JVO97NL
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Because if it only took 2-3 games people would be complaining they're completing it too fast and there is nothing to play for anymore, if you don't like going for these objective cards you also have the option to just not go for it.

Most of the time if you wait a few days you can complete multiple cards at once but most people prefer to just get everything done and over with quickly. EA may as well just gift everyone these players so we don't have to play at all. If you don't enjoy these objectives then simply don't do them, no one is forcing you to.
  • Fifapayne
    4411 posts National Call-Up
    Wouldn’t be as bad if they made it
    Just win x games
    Score 40 goals etc
    And any game mode
    weekend league should count too

No league or player restrictions
  • MrRoadToGlory
    90 posts Park Captain
    Whining for a 91/90 rated special card that can become higher and only need 12 games.. 1) You dont have to do it 2) its FREE 3) its not much to do..
  • David12344
    10325 posts Has That Special Something
    I don’t see how it’s wasting people’s time. Just don’t do it simple. You can’t want it that bad for your team if it’s a waste of time.

If you get the card too easy we will say nothing to play for, It’s only 13 games over 7 days you can do a 2 games a night for a new player that’s ok by me

Personally I don’t mind how long it takes.

Hate it when they are in squad battles though as they are soooo boring. (But some May prefer that so it’s ok)

Mendy and Bruno summer heat were grinds as you say. Still enjoyed it.
  • Mdm
    4043 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah sb can be boring. If it's a card I want I'll get a mate round and we'll do it together. Makes it a bit more fun. Eriksen took literally a whole Saturday. Mainly because of the banta and who can score the furthest goal out or score with gk or cb. You know what grown men do when you have a beer and the woman and kids go out.

Lol. Yes I like to have something to grind but they should open it up to all modes. Eg wl,rivals, friendlies and sb.

Imo that is
  • Onedoesntsimply
    Whining for a 91/90 rated special card that can become higher and only need 12 games.. 1) You dont have to do it 2) its FREE 3) its not much to do..

Just feel as though there should be a better way to do objectives. I understand that one of them should be something like 7/8 wins, but the others shouldn't be in separate matches. That way if you're decent at the game, you could get the, for example, 12 crosses with defenders, done in those 8 wins anyway.

Also, even assuming that you do the objectives as efficiently as possible, i.e. in 12 games, that's still about 4 hours of gameplay in a specific gamemode with a specific set of players. For some people like myself, who only manage to get maybe an hour of FIFA in a day, the majority of my week is just grinding for an objective card, good as it may be.

This also means that by the time I get this one, there'll be another out on Friday which is likely better, and I might not even be able to use Hernandez for the next set of objectives.
  • Goodgod10
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    Haven’t bothered with Hernandez. First one. Can’t be bothered with 13 games at squad battles any more
  • starfox1284
    3521 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 21
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Just win x games
    Score 40 goals etc
    And any game mode

that would make too much sense though no?
  • Bob_Bobson
    1087 posts Professional

Just feel as though there should be a better way to do objectives. I understand that one of them should be something like 7/8 wins, but the others shouldn't be in separate matches.

You can thank the community and golden goal for that.
  • abhreebhu_45
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    So many milestones flying around,,it's ok
  • Fifapayne
    4411 posts National Call-Up
    Just win x games
    Score 40 goals etc
    And any game mode

That’s what was so good about fifa 18

Win 4 daily knockout tournament games
    Get this tots etc.

That’s fun and entertaining.

Scoring a goal with head etc is all dumb
    Would rather just play the game to get the card.
    Those type of objectives only work in FPS or games similar.
    Long shots
    Headshots etc
    But still all those are natural to the game.

Running down the wing spamming headers to get a goal isn’t natural.
    That’s why it should just be score goals etc.
  • JWNYsg
    6763 posts Big Money Move
    12 games over a week seems fairly reasonable in my view. French Bayern player. Imagine the cost if it was in market
  • Onedoesntsimply
    Just win x games
    Score 40 goals etc
    And any game mode

Get this tots etc.

Long shots
    Headshots etc

I find headers especially bad this game tbh. Even when I manage to get one the keeper will save it almost every time. No idea why they're so ineffective for me.
  • PiotrLolo
    2717 posts Fans' Favourite
    I disagree. 12 games is not that much. Only thing I would change is objective time - from 7 days to 14.

Reinier, Cucurella - these were a real grind ;)
  • Diem
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've been saving Hernandez to do with Icon Swaps. Am doing 4 objectives at once (silver brazillians and the Essien as well). Plus the various 'score 15 goals' ones.

Like people have said, don't like them, don't do them. The ones last summer were a much bigger grind, but much better players, I think the balance here is fair.
  • Swanz05
    4903 posts National Call-Up
    Worst case for eg Eriksen is you end up with 91 ovr 50k value fodder which is about what SB E1 weekly rewards pays without a big pull. I think it's ok.
  • TheMightyBee
    3675 posts National Call-Up
    I can't get my head around score in 13 different games but only have to win 6, seems pointless. Just make it 8 wins.
  • Scotchy09
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hernandez is boss card worth the effort.
  • Air Diddy
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ill do the objective cards when i can combo them up.

hoping a new objective card drops for squad battles so i can do a player, the icon swap token and the milestone goals at the same time
  • RadioShaq
    17968 posts Moderator
    Like others have said you should be doing more than one objective at a time. You can do the hernandez plus the team objective and the weekly objective. You might even be able to combo one of the swaps and the nation milestones.
  • Ballerson
    1097 posts Professional
    Anything over 9 games mandatory in squad battles is painful and extremely boring. To each their own but I hate squad battles — any team in 90s for chem on world class its lazy inane programming & it’s partly why there’s so much distrust of ea — gee, lets make a 58 rated bronze team and the entire ai nuked while my ai is dumb as h ell etc....just like, really?

And because its so boring and not fun, any game played is a grind — 13 or 15 games won is like chinese water torture.

I get they tried to make rivals less toxic but best to eradicate squad battles completely or fundamentally change it....i prefer the Friendlies for objectives — i’ll take the toxic m or. Ons over the dull & insipid squad battles any day....
  • Onedoesntsimply
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    I disagree. 12 games is not that much. Only thing I would change is objective time - from 7 days to 14.

Reinier, Cucurella - these were a real grind ;)

Would be fully on board with this. Right now my Thursday evening always ends up with me needing to play like 6+ games. Would be nice to be able to spread it out if you don't have much time.
  • limjitwe
    9577 posts League Winner
    Just win x games
    Score 40 goals etc
    And any game mode

Get this tots etc.

Long shots
    Headshots etc

Oh I loved those tournaments. But it was rather stressful. At my current level which seems to be lower. I think it would be too tough for me now. 😪