were you happy with WL gameplay - did it hinder your rank?

Mdm
4043 posts National Call-Up
i hit my goal of - but should of could of would of done better - i put it down to oppositions skill and gameplay of sorts

Comments

• bberger
    7473 posts League Winner
    Yeah, I was at G3+2wins with 9 games left.. and just couldn't be bothered to get the last win for G2. Went to bed instead.
  • rmoxon
    2663 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 21
    The gameplay for the last few weeks has been the worst its ever been in the history of FUT for me.

Still managed to get G3 pretty easily though, so I imagine everyone else was having the same issues.
  • tommyk11
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Had very bad gameplay this WL which affected all games. Ended up with G3 only second time in the last 3 months.
    Can I say with 100% certainty I would have hit G2 again if I had good gameplay? No, I can't, but at least I would have had fun.

The long wait to find a game (never had that issue before) also seems to indicate matchmaking must had been broken to some extent as well - was probably getting people far from UK (hence poor gameplay/input delay) and probably at better ELO than I was.
  • Jordonp
    765 posts Semi-Pro
    I think I could have hit G1 for the first time if there was no delay input lag and I didn’t have a disconnection when I was winning 2-0 which resulted in me getting the L! I finished 19-11 so counting that game I would have hit G1. Not really that mad because I wasn’t really trying this WL either I was just having fun (or trying to) with a fun team but I hope it’s better next weekend as this is the only mode I really enjoy in the game.

• Gale420
    4174 posts National Call-Up
    I still don’t really suffer with lag or anything like that 2bh
  • BeardedBerk
    1788 posts Play-Off Hero
    Quit at S1 and uninstalled, made me realise why I quit back in Nov 18 again... Worst gaming experience in over 30 years of gaming, the one sided delay was horrific
  • YidArmy
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    It seems connection on this game is a complete lottery.

I personally don't get any input delay or lag at all. Sure, I get frustrated with game passing to the wrong player, but that's more to do with the terrible assisted passing in the game.
  • chiholam
    823 posts Semi-Pro
    Generally happy with, or should I say, not unhappy with WL. Over 30 games it balances out for me. Also playing on PC seems to miss some of the lag or gameplay issues reported by others
  • MrRoadToGlory
    90 posts Park Captain
    Gameplay was very bad at Friday (sooo slooooow) but was good at Saturday and Sunday. Finished G1. If I play a full WL I finish G1 or Elite 3. Most times stop at G2 because of time.
  • BogusTommy
    1721 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes, massively.
    The last 2 WLs I played was so bad that I have skipped the last 2 altogether.
    I usually get G3, or G2 if I'm lucky - now I get nothing.
  • Theomanny
    2466 posts National Call-Up
    Finished 8 wins but was quitting out games as it was unplayable for me even when winning. Taking a break from the game for now. Nothing to play for anymore since i cant have any fun with the current gameplay
  • Traphouse420
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    I lost 7 games in a row, against arguably weaker opposition that kept getting in front from kick off with rebound goals and bridge abuse. It’s just the usual. You know those games when you just know you’re going to lose and nothing is going to go in your favour, 7 of those in a row was enough to make me delete the game.
  • David12344
    10325 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 21
    Had the worse gameplay same rank g2
  • Mdm
    I lost 7 games in a row, against arguably weaker opposition that kept getting in front from kick off with rebound goals and bridge abuse. It’s just the usual. You know those games when you just know you’re going to lose and nothing is going to go in your favour, 7 of those in a row was enough to make me delete the game.

You'll have some come on here and say it's the same for everyone . And that it's fair for everyone

No no and no

There is part of the game that feels like as you said the odds are smacked against you. And everything the opponent does turns to gold

Like yourself 4 out my 8 games last night were like that and the game was pretty smooth just that my opponents could do literally no wrong and we're elevated and mine turned to Sunday league players after a night out. Defenders just chilling and slow and goalkeeper may as well not be there. Like my players were being down throttled like your isp does your briadband during peak hours.

It's a crime against football and gaming the way the game does not necessarily always come down to your skill level.

Love to know if the people that are happy with game pay for EA play or whatever its called

• D0lvl
    4261 posts National Call-Up
    Although I reached my goal of G2, I started WL playing on PS5 and I lost the first 3 games. The delay and garbage gameplay on PS5 this past weekend was rage inducing. Heavy touches all game and all my shots were as if I loaded 3-4 bars on each shot. Passing was also really. bad.

I switched over to ps4 and found it much better but there was the occasional delayed game here or there especially if facing Central or South American opponents. Sometimes even Canadien opponents had delay in game.
  • IronMike69
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    stopped at 2-0 because the gameplay was absolutely horrendous and there is nothing to play for anymore

you'd think that less people would be playing now so the servers would be a little less populated and gameplay would be better but nope

no point putting all these good players in the game when they all turn like trucks in crappy gameplay anyway so yeah i'll just be playing call of duty and pro clubs now
  • DannySTFC
    7189 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t blame people for getting fed up of delay and sluggish gameplay in general but when I see people saying they’re missing out on a certain rank etc because of it I can’t help but laugh.

Almost everyone on here will tell you that throughout an entire WL they’ll experience these problems. It’s impossible for everyone to say they’ve lost games or missed out on achieving a higher rank because of gameplay otherwise absolutely everyone would have got more wins, but that’s illogical as someone has to lose!

If virtually everyone on here says they’re having this gameplay in WL then that means if you’re experiencing it then your opponent probably is too, and when you do have a good game, they’re probably having a bad game, so it may even itself out so how have you missed a rank. This ‘one sided delay’ is an excuse. If it’s one sided why does every thread on here end up talking about gameplay and delay? Because most people get it, but when you’re experiencing it you’re only thinking about how it’s effecting you not how it’s effecting your opponent, or when you get an easy win in good gameplay you’re not thinking about how your opponents gameplay is.

I’d never deny bad gameplay and delay don’t exist but the fact people think they’re missing out on ranks because of it isn’t logical, the entire community can’t all be losing games because of gameplay, someone has to lose.
  • fetchitfudge
    463 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not happy. It's hard enough facing down 95 rated squads every game. But for the massive delay in reaction when passing, or trying to do a bit of skill, it was very hard. Half the time my players were unreactive... You then lose the ball and concede...

Also, does it give out penalties anymore? I had at least 2 nailed on penalties not given that were game changers.
  • Mdm
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    I don’t blame people for getting fed up of delay and sluggish gameplay in general but when I see people saying they’re missing out on a certain rank etc because of it I can’t help but laugh.

Almost everyone on here will tell you that throughout an entire WL they’ll experience these problems. It’s impossible for everyone to say they’ve lost games or missed out on achieving a higher rank because of gameplay otherwise absolutely everyone would have got more wins, but that’s illogical as someone has to lose!

If virtually everyone on here says they’re having this gameplay in WL then that means if you’re experiencing it then your opponent probably is too, and when you do have a good game, they’re probably having a bad game, so it may even itself out so how have you missed a rank. This ‘one sided delay’ is an excuse. If it’s one sided why does every thread on here end up talking about gameplay and delay? Because most people get it, but when you’re experiencing it you’re only thinking about how it’s effecting you not how it’s effecting your opponent, or when you get an easy win in good gameplay you’re not thinking about how your opponents gameplay is.

I’d never deny bad gameplay and delay don’t exist but the fact people think they’re missing out on ranks because of it isn’t logical, the entire community can’t all be losing games because of gameplay, someone has to lose.

I hear that. And sort of agree that things should even out. But it's like your saying it's OK for this to happen in this day and age.

This shouldn't happen mate , maybe 1 or 2 games but not say 50-70 percent of your games

Tbh I was actually talking of games when strange things happen when gameplay seems fine eg no lag. Not what your saying.
  • starfox1284
    3521 posts National Call-Up
    100% effected my results, the game was slow and crap all WL. Its been downhill since ultimate TOTS, leads one to wonder if we are simply part of their experimentation now.
  • tommyk11
    279 posts Sunday League Hero

It's definitely a spectrum, but it affects some more than others.

In terms of rank, yeah it's quite hard to predict, especially that if you win 1 game you will then theoretically be matched against a stronger opponent in the next, so the rank bit only applies if you have 1 game left and you need to win it.

In terms of losing a games, then you it's much easier to say whether you lost due to skill or because of poor gameplay. It's quite simple to see that the opponent can do the basics, yet they are not the best because, for instance, of the space they give and the gaps they make etc, yet you are not able to take advantage of that as you cant dribble without heavy touch or pass without the ball going to the opponent.

Also, some play styles may be more affected by the lag than others. Trying to play proper football, possession & passing is not easy to do with input delay. But following the 'meta' (and there is a reason it's called that) and trying to abuse the game mechanics is probably going to be more optimal.

Tbh, it usually evens out across 30 games, sometimes you have the advantage and sometimes you don't. But there are weeks when it doesn't even out.

And now that the player base has clearly decreased, and as fewer people are playing the game the servers should be more efficient and effective. Yet they aren't - and people are just fed up.
  • BeardedBerk
    1788 posts Play-Off Hero

Hugely disagree, especially with the one sided delay comment.... I've hit elite once back in fifa 17, and it was the best weekend of gameplay I have had since fifa 15 which was the last time I didn't have any delay and not had a weekend like it since.

• abhreebhu_45
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    Prevented me from reaching G2
    A disconnect,,a game with laggy 2nd half,,win in either cld have done it for me
  • Ruprecht
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    14-4 for me which is close to what I would normally get before the gold 2 finishes of TOTS so didn’t affect the rank but couldn’t play when I wanted to. Turned it off a few times after playing a couple here and there.

I’d go as far as to say it’s the worst gameplay I’ve had this year and I’m measuring that on how annoyed I felt by it even when winning. Had to play slow as there was no chance of more than 2 passes going to the right player if playing quickly.

I recall in previous FIFA’s people would say at this sort of time that EA would use less servers, not sure how true that was or if it was a joke but it could be true judging by the overwhelming amount of people that had issues this week.
  • JWNYsg
    6763 posts Big Money Move
    Don’t think so for me. I have to improve my skill
  • what3v3r
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 21

One sided bad gameplay definitely. Luckily for me I have it both ways, sometime I have the advantage too. I have beaten more than one pro 5x0 and have been destroyed by gold 2 players. At the end of the day it evens out for me, but I can understand that some people get more disadvantage than others , so in that sense, I think you are wrong.