Thank u and goodbye

Comments

• Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Mogga wrote: »
    Yr missus sounds like a psyco tbh. What's the point in smashing yr stuff up. I'd be out of there in a heartbeat

Well sounds like he can’t put the controller down
    And then was sneaking it to work…and lost his job because of it. So the smash is sort of justified.

Well he has a new job sorted so no need to smash it. Not like he was planning on going on the dole and sitting around all day in his underpants playing squad battles. To be honest if he goes on to a better job this work colleague has done him a favour.

Dont think all those having a go know the nature of security work its hours on end sitting about with not much happening I'd imagine

So you don’t either

Yes I can confirm I've never worked as a security guard. However like I mentioned earlier on in the thread I had a mate in that line of business so I'm just going on what he has told me.
  • The_giant616
    1886 posts Fans' Favourite
    We made a deal She told me years ago if I get sacked because of my console then she would break in front of me got to say it hurt seeing your baby get smashed up

A deal normally involves something being in it for both people. What was in it for you?

I’d guess it was “you can take it in to work then, but if you lose your job over it, it has to go”?
  • o0OainavO0o
    2613 posts Fans' Favourite
    The Miss did you a favor, this game alone blows…. if you lost your job on it then quit it.
  • Bob_Bobson
    4082 posts National Call-Up
    Yr missus sounds like a psyco tbh. What's the point in smashing yr stuff up. I'd be out of there in a heartbeat

And then was sneaking it to work…and lost his job because of it. So the smash is sort of justified.

Well he has a new job sorted so no need to smash it. Not like he was planning on going on the dole and sitting around all day in his underpants playing squad battles. To be honest if he goes on to a better job this work colleague has done him a favour.

Dont think all those having a go know the nature of security work its hours on end sitting about with not much happening I'd imagine

So you don’t either

Yes I can confirm I've never worked as a security guard. However like I mentioned earlier on in the thread I had a mate in that line of business so I'm just going on what he has told me.

And I'm coming at it from a perspective of being a manager in charge of a bunch of people. To repeat what I said earlier, if I'm paying someone to be security, I'm paying them to pay attention when on shift, not to play fifa.

The fact the guy seems more annoyed about how he was caught rather than looking to why he got fired tells me his next place may also be taking on someone who isn't prepared to concentrate on the job.
  • Kingy
    2535 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol, jeez OP that's rough.

But you can't be playing hours on your PS like that at work. If I was the employer I would be pretty unhappy and can't blame them for giving you the boot

Missus sounds a bit fiery like
  • Fifapayne
    7169 posts Big Money Move
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »

So you don’t either

And I'm coming at it from a perspective of being a manager in charge of a bunch of people. To repeat what I said earlier, if I'm paying someone to be security, I'm paying them to pay attention when on shift, not to play fifa.

The fact the guy seems more annoyed about how he was caught rather than looking to why he got fired tells me his next place may also be taking on someone who isn't prepared to concentrate on the job.

/thread
  • BeardedBerk
    1797 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hopefully you get another job sorted, not the best time with the world on its arse but in another sense I have zero sympathy for you.....

Like a few others have said you was being paid to be security and observe what is going on regardless of warehouse empty or not
  • Gazmac_868

So you don’t either

Mate hes getting minimum wage for watching a dead warehouse. You're wanting him to sit for 12 hours watching every fire exit. Hes gave you 8 years service which suggests hes pretty reliable and the chief executive himself has been singing his praise.
    I think a blind eye could have been turned. Hopefully this firm gets some young kid who ❤️❤️❤️❤️ his pants at the first loud noise in this warehouse and runs off home.
  • Fifapayne
    edited June 2021

So you don’t either

Mate hes getting minimum wage for watching a dead warehouse. You're wanting him to sit for 12 hours watching every fire exit. Hes gave you 8 years service which suggests hes pretty reliable and the chief executive himself has been singing his praise.
    I think a blind eye could have been turned. Hopefully this firm gets some young kid who ❤️❤️❤️❤️ his pants at the first loud noise in this warehouse and runs off home.

He should be doing his job
    This is a terrible take by you.
    Idk why I’m even replying.
    You’re actually defending someone playing fifa while getting paid to do something else. Lmao

Edit — OP also said he hasn’t missed a WL since 18
    Which means he’s been doing this for half his employment id imagine..
    So it’s not 8 years of quality service.

Dude got paid for 4 years to play video games
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    DE5-E69-CD-5181-43-E8-AFEE-10-C24-E661-B66.jpg

So we all agree Fifa is crap right ?
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    On topic. This thread has caused quite the storm 1.9k views

Jackpot 🎰!!! 🤣🤣🤣
  • Fifapayne
    David12344 wrote: »

Jackpot 🎰!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I’d love to see the age ranges in this thread of posters to post

For or against OP
  • Gazmac_868

So you don’t either

You’re actually defending someone playing fifa while getting paid to do something else. Lmao

Hes serving his purpose though as long as he turns up on time and stays on the site. Would you sack every security guard who falls asleep on the job or looks at their phone. I'm sure he was keeping an eye on things. Making sure everything was fine between games.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2021

Jackpot 🎰!!! 🤣🤣🤣

For or against OP

Are you suggesting I’m a immature youth ?

Because if you are you have one part right 🤣

I’m definitely immature just in case you didn’t know which one 😂
  • Gambling123
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    Look I know it's wrong to bring my console while working since I've been there it's not been broken into but everything happens for a reason starting my new job on Monday got 2 more interviews this week it's just hard to get the fifa addiction away
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Look I know it's wrong to bring my console while working since I've been there it's not been broken into but everything happens for a reason starting my new job on Monday got 2 more interviews this week it's just hard to get the fifa addiction away

Mate. If you can rake leaves and mow grass I’d employ you as there’s no where to plug your PlayStation in 😂
  • Fifapayne

Jackpot 🎰!!! 🤣🤣🤣

For or against OP

Nah but I’d imagine most young people have sympathy for him and older doesn’t
    😬
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    You get what you get and you don’t get upset.
  • Swanz05
    6070 posts Big Money Move
    He should've been doing his job. We should be sympathetic for a bloke without a job & an angry girlfriend. Doesn't have to be one extreme or the other & it's got fa to do with age.
  • Fifapayne
    Nodge86 wrote: »

Old man wisdom 😎
  • Nodge86

Old man wisdom 😎

I’m one of those things, and it ain’t wise.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2021

Jackpot 🎰!!! 🤣🤣🤣

For or against OP

Nah but I’d imagine most young people have sympathy for him and older doesn’t
    😬

Oh I see. Well I’m 35. And actually employ 10 people over two small businesses and my views was he’s not hurting anyone, however I also understand others views on it and they are not wrong I’m just more laid back about it. If the circumstances are what he says they are and it’s empty at weekends then ok it’s fine. I know firemen on here that play PlayStation on shift and that’s a real important job.

As I’ve stated I know some of the lads go home early I have trackers in the vans (idiots should know this) but anyway as long as the work is done I’m more than happy for them to take a hour or two on a Friday they are good workers and all the places they look after look immaculate.

Obviously if standards slip I wouldn’t hesitate to bring them in and let them know about it. And only then if it continues I’d let them go.

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain

😂
  • Gazmac_868

So you don’t either

Edit — OP also said he hasn’t missed a WL since 18
    Which means he’s been doing this for half his employment id imagine..
    So it’s not 8 years of quality service.

Dude got paid for 4 years to play video games

Edit- As i said hopefully his replacement is some toe rag kid who can't be bothered turning up half the time. Anyone who's been in the same job for 8 years is a good reliable employee. As he said no break ins or nothing sounds like his manager loves his wee bit of power. Probably one of those that got bullied as a kid and is taking out his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on good workers like the OP.
  • Gambling123
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    The only way I got done was him taking pictures while I was playing and when I went on patrols he would take the pictures of the system layout lessons learned no console no fifa $#/t happens it just feels odd not sweating on champs for my G3
  • ChappellRovers
    3416 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2021
    All the security guards at my old work used to play multiplayer Nintendo Switch in the security office in the basement. I know this because I was in the office over the corridor for them and used to join in when my work was done.

To be fair there were 8 of them and they literally did nothing all day but have 2 stand on the ground floor in rotating shifts 2 hours a piece, 4 stood by the security monitors and 2 on break. The security guards were required to be there by law but had nothing to do 99% of the time anyway - maybe one incident took place whilst i was there in 8 years. The guys in the security office were just there to watch the cameras, so one guy would watch whilst 3 guys would play. (Why you would need 4 people to watch cameras i do not know).

Never once did anyone consider ratting them out and to be fair whilst I feel for the OP, seems like maybe taking his fixed console to work was a bit cheeky though hahaha.
  • LahmChops
    2462 posts Fans' Favourite

So you don’t either

When you hire a security guard.. you are expecting them to secure things. Not mindlessly play FIFA.
  • Miigue
    1367 posts Professional
    I have sympathy for OP, he already lost his job and got his console smashed, so why would I want to continue giving him a hard time? He’s a grown man and knows what he did wrong, but still, his coworker is a 🐍, and you can’t change my mind.
  • Bob_Bobson
    4082 posts National Call-Up

So you don’t either

Hes serving his purpose though as long as he turns up on time and stays on the site. Would you sack every security guard who falls asleep on the job or looks at their phone. I'm sure he was keeping an eye on things. Making sure everything was fine between games.

You're talking the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ now :lol:
  • Nodge86

So you don’t either

You're talking the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ now :lol:

I see you’ve met the most delusional user of this forum.