Thank u and goodbye

Comments

• Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jdizzle wrote: »
    My friend used to do this but he worked from home. He would always invite me to a game of fifa, i'm like dude i'm working wtfs wrong with you.

Regarding security guards, I'm kinda neutral about this. If I was a security guard I probably wouldn't whack out my console because I'm too locked in when i'm playing fifa. Although I'm pretty sure that many people probably fall asleep or are on their phones most of the time anyways.

But what's one or two security guards going to do if a team of gypsies appear all tooled up. They're only there for insurance purposes may as well crack on with his weekend league. Give him free time when he gets off.
  • The_giant616
    1886 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2021
    David12344 wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    MarchOrDie wrote: »
    It was a security job I be in a gatehouse site used to be empty on weekends I know it's wrong but that would be the only time I would have been able to play WL

From now on, plan your weekends, think about it, if you are at work you dont sign in that WL, if you are at home or have spare time just sign in and play, that's what i do since i encountered some conflicts in my famailiy when i played wl instead of doing more important things, remeber its just a stu*id game, and play for whT? You will stil get some lame red pick and nothing in packs, next weekend, you start again... Dont let the game control you, play when you have time only...

Should a security guard get the sack for reading a book to pass the time on a long night shift.?? I think the OP was just trying to pass the time dont think hes addicted or anything despite the username. To be honest I would do the same if I was in a security role although I would make sound my work partner was sound or take a one man role.

I’d hazard a guess that you can pay more attention to your surroundings when reading a book than when playing WL. What’s next, getting VR goggles and headphones on, and playing a fully immersive game 😂

He could be practicing security techniques on VR though 🤣

Good point 😂
    Destin8or wrote: »
    I don't get the sympathy for this guy. Took console to work, got caught, lost his job.... Sounds like literally any manager in the world would make the same call.
    It's absolutely your own fault dude!

Nah, we arnt all angels, this stuff goes on all over the country.
    I'm an electrical engineer so I work at businesses everywhere, I've been on nightshifts where I'm the only one working and everyone else is sleeping.

Snitches get stitches.

What if everyone sleeps and something important happens? If it’s security, what if someone is sleeping and it costs someone their life? I don’t like snitches, but I don’t like people who literally don’t do their job and force others to pick up the slack either.

His team mate brings his laptop in though ?

He’s not protecting the queen it’s a empty warehouse

Again though, browsing a website on your laptop is definitely not comparable to raging on WL for hours on end. The guy himself has even said he knows he was wrong, I don’t get why would are trying so hard to defend him.
    Post edited by The_giant616 on
  • Gazmac_868
    edited June 2021
    It was a security job I be in a gatehouse site used to be empty on weekends I know it's wrong but that would be the only time I would have been able to play WL

From now on, plan your weekends, think about it, if you are at work you dont sign in that WL, if you are at home or have spare time just sign in and play, that's what i do since i encountered some conflicts in my famailiy when i played wl instead of doing more important things, remeber its just a stu*id game, and play for whT? You will stil get some lame red pick and nothing in packs, next weekend, you start again... Dont let the game control you, play when you have time only...

Should a security guard get the sack for reading a book to pass the time on a long night shift.?? I think the OP was just trying to pass the time dont think hes addicted or anything despite the username. To be honest I would do the same if I was in a security role although I would make sound my work partner was sound or take a one man role.

I’d hazard a guess that you can pay more attention to your surroundings when reading a book than when playing WL. What’s next, getting VR goggles and headphones on, and playing a fully immersive game 😂

I don't get the sympathy for this guy. Took console to work, got caught, lost his job.... Sounds like literally any manager in the world would make the same call.

I'm an electrical engineer so I work at businesses everywhere, I've been on nightshifts where I'm the only one working and everyone else is sleeping.

Snitches get stitches.

What if everyone sleeps and something important happens? If it’s security, what if someone is sleeping and it costs someone their life? I don’t like snitches, but I don’t like people who literally don’t do their job and force others to pick up the slack either.

Again though, browsing a website on your laptop is definitely not comparable to raging on WL for hours on end. The guy himself has even said he knows he was wrong, I don’t get why would are trying so hard to defend him.

Say he was in the menus though when the robbers appeared? Hes been doing it for 8 years with no problems anyway. Even got an email from the chief.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2021

Snitches get stitches.

Because life is hard enough anyway without being snitched on and making it harder. I’m sure he has people that rely on him. I feel bad for the guy. He’s not committed a crime here he’s just making the day bearable and true warehouse is empty so who is it hurting here ? He works hard all week as he said.

I have people that knock off early all the time as long as everything is done I really couldn’t care less it’s the perks of the job that doesn’t pay the world.

I also respect your opinion mate but that is my one 🤣
  • pes1972
    1890 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Wait, you’re mad cause you got fired because you were playing video games on the job…?
    And people are mad at the other dude?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly, I would be fired in an instant if I played games at my work during work hours. Of course it´s not ok
  • Gazmac_868
    pes1972 wrote: »
    Wait, you’re mad cause you got fired because you were playing video games on the job…?
    And people are mad at the other dude?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly, I would be fired in an instant if I played games at my work during work hours. Of course it´s not ok

Are you a night watchman though? Be a long night just sitting there so why not bring your console to help pass the time. I'm sure if someone was casing the joint you would soon hear and soon raise the alarm.

For me the OP is not filling us in on the full story. Hes clearly done something to upset the work colleague who's got his revenge by touting on him.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2021
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    If I'm hiring security, I'm hiring them to pay attention to what's going on while on their shift. I'm not paying them to make a judgement on whether or not it's quiet enough to do other things and I'm certainly not paying them to be playing weekend league. The fact someone snitched is irrelevant tbh. Shouldn't put yourself in a position in which people can throw you under the bus to begin with.

boooo mr bob. 🤣

You see moxon is doing his thing again
  • grogans_heroes
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite
    So this is why it takes so long at the McDonald’s drive thru…
  • Fifapayne
    7169 posts Big Money Move

Snitches get stitches.

Because life is hard enough anyway without being snitched on and making it harder. I’m sure he has people that rely on him. I feel bad for the guy. He’s not committed a crime here he’s just making the day bearable and true warehouse is empty so who is it hurting here ? He works hard all week as he said.

I have people that knock off early all the time as long as everything is done I really couldn’t care less it’s the perks of the job that doesn’t pay the world.

This is a horrible take. Life is hard. Yeah. He’s getting paid to do a job and he’s playing fifa while getting paid. That’s unacceptable. I don’t care if it’s quiet or not. There is no one to blame but his self. I wonder if his co worker took a pic cause he’s actually working and this guy is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off playing fifa.

I actually don’t have any sympathy. Play fifa on your own time. Do your job. If it’s ❤️❤️❤️❤️ boring get a different job.
  • Gambling123
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    Monday to Friday is absolutely busy weekend it's dead just do patrols every other hour it takes 20 to 30 minutes to do work a 12 hour shift I would play my games in-between the shift because I have a rota I know who I'm working with if I know it's a relief guard I wouldn't bring the console in
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2021

Snitches get stitches.

This is a horrible take. Life is hard. Yeah. He’s getting paid to do a job and he’s playing fifa while getting paid. That’s unacceptable. I don’t care if it’s quiet or not. There is no one to blame but his self. I wonder if his co worker took a pic cause he’s actually working and this guy is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off playing fifa.

I actually don’t have any sympathy. Play fifa on your own time. Do your job. If it’s ❤️❤️❤️❤️ boring get a different job.

I’m just trying to puzzle the hearts together But I get the drift 😂 You’re against him playing Fifa while at work.
  • Bigbrown123
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It's been a pleasure and I would like to say goodbye because I f#$+ed up and lost my job because I had taken to work so I could complete my WL matches I didn't know a p$#&k who I was working with was taking pictures and sent it too the boss and know the missus has shattered my ps to a million pieces

Thank you
    It’s because you were playing fifa 😂😂

• Destin8or
    5915 posts Big Money Move
    It's been a pleasure and I would like to say goodbye because I f#$+ed up and lost my job because I had taken to work so I could complete my WL matches I didn't know a p$#&k who I was working with was taking pictures and sent it too the boss and know the missus has shattered my ps to a million pieces

Thank you
    It’s because you were playing fifa 😂😂

I think that's been established.
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    I've been "working" from home since last March, which basically means I play video games whenever I want (when the kids are at school anyway), answer a few emails a day to look busy and get full pay. Still got my job.

Moral is - only be a workshy skiver when you can definitely get away with it.

This is pretty much what I've been doing since the pandemic started, minus the kids.
  • Juniormrpop
    80 posts Park Captain
    After he got sacked, the coworker texted him..
    "LOL U R SO TRASH!! 🤣🤣🤣"
  • NicolasPepe
    46 posts Park Captain
    Regardless of the unwritten “culture” on a weekend, if you’re playing video games you’re not doing your job 😂 shocked people defend this when it’s self inflicted…

Either way, hope everything works out for you and you get back working. Hopefully it serves as a lesson I suppose.
  • limjitwe
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    Is this your first time doing this? Or have you ever done this and you were warned not to before? Seems abit harsh you get sacked especially if you were there for 8 years and recently had good work reviews…
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Is this your first time doing this? Or have you ever done this and you were warned not to before? Seems abit harsh you get sacked especially if you were there for 8 years and recently had good work reviews…

Good point actually !
  • Miigue
    1367 posts Professional
    lmao take it ez on the lad, let him learn from his mistakes. So all u 🤡 never did anything wrong or stupid?
  • Fifapayne
    edited June 2021
    Miigue wrote: »
    lmao take it ez on the lad, let him learn from his mistakes. So all u 🤡 never did anything wrong or stupid?
    Never brought my Xbox to a job
    No…

Maybe a teenager I could understand but this is a grown married man…..
  • Mogga
    3612 posts National Call-Up
    Yr missus sounds like a psyco tbh. What's the point in smashing yr stuff up. I'd be out of there in a heartbeat
  • Gambling123
    We made a deal She told me years ago if I get sacked because of my console then she would break in front of me got to say it hurt seeing your baby get smashed up
  • Fifapayne
    Mogga wrote: »
    Yr missus sounds like a psyco tbh. What's the point in smashing yr stuff up. I'd be out of there in a heartbeat

Well sounds like he can’t put the controller down
    And then was sneaking it to work…and lost his job because of it. So the smash is sort of justified.
  • keith210277
    We made a deal She told me years ago if I get sacked because of my console then she would break in front of me got to say it hurt seeing your baby get smashed up

A deal normally involves something being in it for both people. What was in it for you?
  • Gazmac_868

And then was sneaking it to work…and lost his job because of it. So the smash is sort of justified.

Well he has a new job sorted so no need to smash it. Not like he was planning on going on the dole and sitting around all day in his underpants playing squad battles. To be honest if he goes on to a better job this work colleague has done him a favour.

Dont think all those having a go know the nature of security work its hours on end sitting about with not much happening I'd imagine
  • Gambling123
    She wouldn't disturb me when I play champs
  • Gazmac_868

Sounds like a right ball buster your missus I thought mine was bad haha!!
  • keith210277

That sounds like a terrible deal.
  • Fifapayne

Well he has a new job sorted so no need to smash it. Not like he was planning on going on the dole and sitting around all day in his underpants playing squad battles. To be honest if he goes on to a better job this work colleague has done him a favour.

Dont think all those having a go know the nature of security work its hours on end sitting about with not much happening I'd imagine

So you don’t either