Preview Packs

Comments

  • TheonlywayisS6
    3941 posts National Call-Up
    CarpeDiem wrote: »
    Still no option to preview on the phone app.

    Do you have to click on "yes" to confirm your purchase before getting the option? Don't want to risk actually buying it without previewing.

    Check if you have an app update, it's 100% there on the app.

    Uninstalled and reinstalled for a second time and it's there now. Just in time for me to be incredibly tempted by a 100k pack with an 83 player as best.
  • oldboiler
    5457 posts Big Money Move
    Only preview pack id have made a profit on so far is the 400 coin bronze pack
  • Sujitsky123
    2702 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have an unopened 100k pack in my packs. As a result, the app and web versions do not show me any promo packs that are 100k. Only 25k and 45k. Well done, EA!
  • number7rocky
    9004 posts League Winner
    edited June 2021
    Makes up for the 300k I lost on Acuna and 450k on Foden 🤣 Had 101k 😂

    ad8e5ae3190fe63d3d0bc6934a13a0fb.png
  • Lord_Begley
    826 posts Semi-Pro
    WIJNALDUM from the 100k pack. Purchase with coins, then sold for 310k. Instant 210k profit. Thank you very much!
  • Amargaladaster26
    11469 posts Has That Special Something
    I have an unopened 100k pack in my packs. As a result, the app and web versions do not show me any promo packs that are 100k. Only 25k and 45k. Well done, EA!

    I have no unopened packs and it did not show me 100k packs at all as well.
  • Boysie91
    15916 posts World Class
    Opened a 100k pack pulled
    PIM Bergkamp
    Hummels
    84
    83
    Love the preview packs
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    I mean at least I get to preview my ridiculously bad pack luck every day and be disappointed but without having lost any coins. So it’s only 50% depressing now.
  • All4fun1991
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    These preview packs will make EA lose a lot of money…Now people can see how terrible packs are I doubt they will be buying it..This is a prove of what we suspected all along..packs are awful.
  • RuudakingIII
    82 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Got Chilwell in the Rare Players and Militao in the 7.5k one!
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    edited June 2021
    phep wrote: »
    al_10 wrote: »
    Queens11 wrote: »
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Destin8or wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    DD41-B0-A3-AF30-4-CFA-A02-C-ADCC65-A1-D99-D.png

    Would you buy some points for that pack @Gazmac_868

    No way wouldn't buy a single point of them. 50 quid for the game is enough. I'd spend the 100k coins alright for that haha.

    If you were out of coins, you would let that go?

    Yes I would mate out of principle. Even Ronaldo prime moments wouldn't make me bend to EA. I realise I'd be shafting myself but a man has to have his principles.

    Principles, what a load of old ****. Buying this game is lining EAs pockets. Then playing this game, engaging in objectives, weekend leagues is showing EA you’re happy with what they’re producing just as much as buying FP. You don’t think EA see how much we play? What we engage in and what we don’t? By playing you’re telling them it’s a good game. By buying FP other people are doing the same. Spending £50+ each year is doing the same.

    Principles is a nonsense argument. If you had such principles you wouldn’t buy the game every year and play it every other day, because by doing that your justifying EAs gameplay, servers etc just as much as the next guy who’s spending £20 here and there on FPs, get off your high horse.

    Everyone would spend FPs if they didn’t have coins and they knew their next pack was PIM R9, don’t kid yourself.

    What gets me now they done preview packs does that mean packs are infact pre determined as to what u get regardless of when u open them
    I was always under the impression that they were randomly generated constantly
    For talk sake a new player was released in packs and I've already previewed my 125k pack a few hours before then I have no chance of hitting that said player as my pack was already set even though I did not buy it

    This is exactly what I’ve been thinking since the preview feature came out. In my point of view, now it’s pretty clear this is how packs work:

    - Pack content is generated once you OWN the pack, meaning that once I click the preview button, my pack content is generated, same as the ‘buy’ button works (in fact I just think that preview and buy both invoke the same method but buy verifies first coins/points then drains them from the account then shows you the players, where preview does the verification afterwards once you hit buy)

    - I used ‘own’ because I also believe that’s what happens with reward packs. And you would ask first? OK so what if there’s a promo going on? Packs cannot be pre-generated before I hit the open button! Yes, they can. IFs, TOTS or whatever it is, they are all VERSIONS of the same object (and each player has an id) that is, for example, Rashford. For example, if my pack has Benzema in it, I just invoke a method checking which version of Benzema is currently in the pool of cards. So the version it’s just a property of the object.

    I disagree. I think packs are generated at the time of issue. Imagine how common that Marcos Llorente card could be if loads of people had stored packs and he’d been dropped based on the odds of his 82 card?

    Totally agree. I packed hundreds of tots players out of tots promo but when tots is active none. Why? Because the probability of that player is changed each promo. Llorente might be a 25% chance pack normally but a 1% chance during promo. 100% packs are generated when bought. It’s the only way EA could manage what cards are on the market of each type.

    Regarding the first comment in this quote thread, I also will not pay another penny to acquire Ronaldinho and fof Havertz in a preview pack. It’s a ploy of course. Just make sure you always have coins just in case. But will that affect your luck 🤷‍♂️

    I see the agreement of principle vs we’ve already funded EA. People can fund EA all they want. The fact is, I’m happy to pay my £60 each year for this game with no add-ins regardless of the quality of the game. I know that that might not make sense to people but put it like this... I’ve paid £60 for worse. Sometimes what you buy is rubbish and you stop playing. Sometimes it’s good and I carry on. Regarding Fifa, it’s just a computer game and I’ll play it until I stop liking it. Every year I like it at the start and every year it falls off a cliff. At least I got half a year out of it. Another reason not to buy FP’s for a guaranteed player. That won’t make the game better. What makes the game good for me is my progression, enthusiasm and ability to stretch the game purchase price. Each to the own.
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    These preview packs will make EA lose a lot of money…Now people can see how terrible packs are I doubt they will be buying it..This is a prove of what we suspected all along..packs are awful.

    I out 10mil coins into packs before previews were active. I stoped as soon as I saw the packs. I just can’t bring myself to purchasing them knowing 100% they are bad. It’s a odd situation because I was happy to burn the coin before because I stopped playing. I still have millions left 🤷‍♂️

    Maybe it entices someone to put FP’s on for a good pack. I don’t think it will do much at this stage. People previewing have coins and if they don’t, they have players to sell to fund a good pack. Just an odd one really. I can see it may work earlier because people may want to smash LR before they run out but not at this stage of the game.
  • Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2021
    This will seperate the chancers from the goat addicts. The guys that hit buy on a 100k pack despite 82 being the highest card.

    I like it though, gives me a free view at all the packs I won't buy unless something is worthwhile there.

    Guess they will be testing quite how much it effects income.
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    83 in the ultimate. Such a scam :lol:
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2021
    079-A22-BA-2469-4-EE0-A52-A-F7-D154-EB226-A.png

    Wow. Imagine spending 125k to open this.

    That’s me done for the night. See you at 6 tomorrow.
  • Ballerson
    1670 posts Play-Off Hero
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Gonna be honest though, as somebody that hates microtransactions, this is an ok idea.

    Can see what you're getting and decide against spending money beforehand

    I know EA will up the pack weight of this to really get some hype around this idea, and im not complaining, if it drops at 5 and I see an Acuna in a preview pack, i'm buying it with coins :joy:

    But I can't see how this benefits EA. There will be so many people that think about opening packs, but look at the first 125k pack and the highest is 83 rated so decide against it, and then there will be the not spending FP players that will look just for fun and see a top player in it and open it and prices will fall alot faster so again less people care about opening because the value isn't there. So from my view this look like a lose-lose situation for EA, while being a win-win for us.

    It helps ea with regulators..they’ll use it to make an argument the packs are not gambling but any smart judge will laugh in their face; ea needs to get an independent auditor to monitor and ensure the veracity of the pack odds they post....

    If all packs are visible, then regulators may let this company not be treated as a gambling enterprise — very cute effort by the general counsel or consultants, but no way this passes muster...
  • spy
    2795 posts Fans' Favourite
    De Bruyne, Skriniar and Sule in the ultimate pack. To be fair it’s not a terrible pack but still not worth opening!
  • Destin8or
    5915 posts Big Money Move
    Still no walkouts since Preview packs started.
    We go again at 9.
  • Renamed1049161219
    1140 posts Professional
    125k for Matuidi as the face card.

    There's no way people will be opening many of these. EA definitely will lose money and they deserve it

    How hard is it to increase the pack weight? It's just a video game for gods sake
  • Darth
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    51a64233a2821d2e3288a1cc63f63b32.png

    Getting warmer but you're gonna have to do slightly better than that EA.
  • Destin8or
    5915 posts Big Money Move
    125k for Matuidi as the face card.

    There's no way people will be opening many of these. EA definitely will lose money and they deserve it

    How hard is it to increase the pack weight? It's just a video game for gods sake

    They are not interested in selling too much for this.
    Pack weight is absolute toilet so they can test this out and harvest the data.
  • Hugoku
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    84 Oyarzabal un my ultimate pack
    :lol:
  • DannySTFC
    10357 posts Has That Special Something
    EA won’t be able to keep this up, benefits the player way too much.

    D2-E06-B40-2185-4-FB5-B43-A-A5-F9-F3656113.png

    Why on earth would I buy a 125k pack for an 83, 82 then 81 and under? That’s a joke of a pack, embarrassing, all this is doing is highlighting how bad the pack weight is.
  • Avit32
    1248 posts Professional
    I’ve done every promo preview that’s popped up. Best I’ve seen is sancho. Rest is 83’s and below.
  • Dutch3723
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    These preview packs are really helping me to not buy packs. Might have been tempted but when the preview on an ultimate back gives me 2x 83s as the best option...
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    EA won’t be able to keep this up, benefits the player way too much.

    D2-E06-B40-2185-4-FB5-B43-A-A5-F9-F3656113.png

    Why on earth would I buy a 125k pack for an 83, 82 then 81 and under? That’s a joke of a pack, embarrassing, all this is doing is highlighting how bad the pack weight is.

    Dont most people know that already??
  • Renamed1049161219
    1140 posts Professional
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    EA won’t be able to keep this up, benefits the player way too much.
    They have no choice. The sharks (lawyers and politicians) are circling
  • Amargaladaster26
    11469 posts Has That Special Something
    Why did I not see a single lighting round packs? 50/100/125k never showed up for me.
  • aladdin
    3567 posts National Call-Up
    JustusX wrote: »
    I mean at least I get to preview my ridiculously bad pack luck every day and be disappointed but without having lost any coins. So it’s only 50% depressing now.

    this made me laugh. so true
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    EA won’t be able to keep this up, benefits the player way too much.
    They have no choice. The sharks (lawyers and politicians) are circling

    Yes sir the authorities are on their way!! EA getting nervous now. This is their desperate attempt to keep fifa points in the game!! They are squirming this is desperate stuff. You love to see it!!
Sign In or Register to comment.