Preview Packs

Comments

• Nickthegreek20
    2848 posts National Call-Up
    spy wrote: »
    I wonder what happens if you preview a pack and it has a promo player but then the player is out of packs before you open it or will they always reset at 6 so that can’t happen?

It always resets. FUT Watch tweeted the code for them. If you had previewed a pack with FOF Griezmann in at 5:55 last night, you’d have to purchase that pack before 6 or it’d reset and Griezmann wouldn’t be there anymore.
  • oneskyworld
    2238 posts Fans' Favourite
    Previews are good it just shows how disgusting the pack weight is

Feel like EA just shot it's own foot. It's crazy how disgustingly unworthy some of the expensive packs are.
  • Umutcan
    9 posts Ball Boy
    Actually, this new mechanic seems quite alright for me. It is good to know what you're going to get.
  • phep
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    al_10 wrote: »
    Queens11 wrote: »
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Destin8or wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    DD41-B0-A3-AF30-4-CFA-A02-C-ADCC65-A1-D99-D.png

Would you buy some points for that pack @Gazmac_868

No way wouldn't buy a single point of them. 50 quid for the game is enough. I'd spend the 100k coins alright for that haha.

If you were out of coins, you would let that go?

Yes I would mate out of principle. Even Ronaldo prime moments wouldn't make me bend to EA. I realise I'd be shafting myself but a man has to have his principles.

Principles, what a load of old ****. Buying this game is lining EAs pockets. Then playing this game, engaging in objectives, weekend leagues is showing EA you’re happy with what they’re producing just as much as buying FP. You don’t think EA see how much we play? What we engage in and what we don’t? By playing you’re telling them it’s a good game. By buying FP other people are doing the same. Spending £50+ each year is doing the same.

Principles is a nonsense argument. If you had such principles you wouldn’t buy the game every year and play it every other day, because by doing that your justifying EAs gameplay, servers etc just as much as the next guy who’s spending £20 here and there on FPs, get off your high horse.

Everyone would spend FPs if they didn’t have coins and they knew their next pack was PIM R9, don’t kid yourself.

What gets me now they done preview packs does that mean packs are infact pre determined as to what u get regardless of when u open them
    I was always under the impression that they were randomly generated constantly
    For talk sake a new player was released in packs and I've already previewed my 125k pack a few hours before then I have no chance of hitting that said player as my pack was already set even though I did not buy it

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking since the preview feature came out. In my point of view, now it’s pretty clear this is how packs work:

- Pack content is generated once you OWN the pack, meaning that once I click the preview button, my pack content is generated, same as the ‘buy’ button works (in fact I just think that preview and buy both invoke the same method but buy verifies first coins/points then drains them from the account then shows you the players, where preview does the verification afterwards once you hit buy)

- I used ‘own’ because I also believe that’s what happens with reward packs. And you would ask first? OK so what if there’s a promo going on? Packs cannot be pre-generated before I hit the open button! Yes, they can. IFs, TOTS or whatever it is, they are all VERSIONS of the same object (and each player has an id) that is, for example, Rashford. For example, if my pack has Benzema in it, I just invoke a method checking which version of Benzema is currently in the pool of cards. So the version it’s just a property of the object.

I disagree. I think packs are generated at the time of issue. Imagine how common that Marcos Llorente card could be if loads of people had stored packs and he’d been dropped based on the odds of his 82 card?
  • Kouli06
    4538 posts National Call-Up
    Can we just acknowledge that this isn’t permanent.
    It’s only for the remainder of the current promo and then they go back to normal.
  • munchie63
    3995 posts National Call-Up
    MonTheGers wrote: »
    My first ever preview pack. I'll have that thank you very much.

3fc0be630a2ba6091d229da256026f64.jpg

me loading FP when I see that pack
    giphy.gif

• Delboy13710
    10315 posts Has That Special Something
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    It’s only for the remainder of the current promo and then they go back to normal.

They should keep this going all next year . Id actually spend money if I knew what I was getting.
  • spy
    2795 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wonder whether overall this will result in more people buying Fifa points or less? I have never bought points and never open packs with coins either but I can see that if it was early in the cycle and I didn’t have the coins to buy a pack then I might be tempted to buy points to open the pack if it had a million coin player in it!
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    Hey guys I tried it. First pack had normal UCL Ronaldo so I cashed in on the 100k pack.

Nice function to have at this stage I guess. Refresh is every 10 hours I think

Every 24 hours unless lightening rounds.
  • keith210277

I think it will be for FIFA 22.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite

Yes it's a permanent move. Hopefully the authorities will see through this move and ban fifa points altogether.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    munchie63 wrote: »
    MonTheGers wrote: »
    My first ever preview pack. I'll have that thank you very much.

3fc0be630a2ba6091d229da256026f64.jpg

me loading FP when I see that pack
    giphy.gif

🤣😂🤣😂😉😂
  • keith210277
    edited June 2021

Yes it's a permanent move. Hopefully the authorities will see through this move and ban fifa points altogether.

Off topic mate, but have you seen the price of the Ligue 1 players? Picked up Yilmaz, Golovin and Paquetta for less than 180k in total.
  • chiholam
    1806 posts Play-Off Hero

They can't though - it'd just turn the transaction into pure money instead, which is in reality what it is anyway.

This is permanent, and I suspect in hindsight, is an (evil) genius move by EA. It removes the "gambling" loot box that they are being investigated for.

It probably will convert the small number of high paying players into a larger number of small paying players, whilst still retaining the hardcore "payers". Given for those hardcore to hit the "big" cards, they would still have to buy the crappy previewed card first.

It's minimal benefit for the near end of cycle that we are in now - we're all on 90+ squads etc.

Imagine Neymar/Mbappe/Icons appears in your preview pack early on in 22, and you don't have the coins - there will be many that will be tempted. Once you get on the path of buying a pack, then it's a pattern - a gateway drug!

It's only £5 and it's Neymar etc.
  • Gazmac_868

Off topic mate, but have you seen the price of the Ligue 1 players? Picked up Yilmaz, Golovin and Paquetta for less than 180k in total.

Yes mate I've picked up golovin and got paredas last night for reasonable price. Had paquetta for a while and hes done brilliant. Ligue one definitely pound for pound the best value imo. Looked at that other Turkish st that's on path to glory but can't see how he could replace mbappe and neymar up top. Next year il be putting all my coins into mbappe at the start. Have a bronze team round him. Hes that broken its ridiculous.
  • Gazmac_868
    chiholam wrote: »

They can't though - it'd just turn the transaction into pure money instead, which is in reality what it is anyway.

This is permanent, and I suspect in hindsight, is an (evil) genius move by EA. It removes the "gambling" loot box that they are being investigated for.

It probably will convert the small number of high paying players into a larger number of small paying players, whilst still retaining the hardcore "payers". Given for those hardcore to hit the "big" cards, they would still have to buy the crappy previewed card first.

It's minimal benefit for the near end of cycle that we are in now - we're all on 90+ squads etc.

Imagine Neymar/Mbappe/Icons appears in your preview pack early on in 22, and you don't have the coins - there will be many that will be tempted. Once you get on the path of buying a pack, then it's a pattern - a gateway drug!

It's only £5 and it's Neymar etc.

I agree 100% mate clever move by EA. They ll stop at nothing to keep the gravy train going. Probably have a team of top lawyers arguing the case for fifa points to be allowed.
  • Kouli06

It’s not permanent in 21.

If this is permanent for 22 it will be their work around on the gambling side.

This temporary preview in 21 will just be their test bed to see if it’s financially viable for them for a whole game cycle.
  • Gazmac_868

This temporary preview in 21 will just be their test bed to see if it’s financially viable for them for a whole game cycle.

Yes it's how they are getting around the heat that's coming down on them with regards gambling. Why else change it?? It's a winning formula for them so they ve been forced into a change. They know the authorities are coming for them.
  • Kouli06

Yes it's how they are getting around the heat that's coming down on them with regards gambling. Why else change it?? It's a winning formula for them so they ve been forced into a change. They know the authorities are coming for them.

Regardless of the changes they make I hope the authorities still come for them! 😅
    Also not sure why it’s taken so long for authorities to actually look into all this.
  • Gazmac_868

Regardless of the changes they make I hope the authorities still come for them! 😅
    Also not sure why it’s taken so long for authorities to actually look into all this.

Yep they ve been sleeping on this one. EA been getting away with it for years.
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    Why are ppl using FP and not coins for these packs?

It looks like a desperate move from EA to lure us into buying FP?
  • Hugoku
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    During this promo every day will be like Christmas.

A disappointing Christmas for most probably, but as with the real holiday some very few children will get really expensive gifts from Santa.
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Mmandras wrote: »

Guess some people don’t have the coins and if they do just want to keep them!

• Gazmac_868
    JustusX wrote: »
    Mmandras wrote: »

Guess some people don’t have the coins and if they do just want to keep them!

Would you not just sell a few players to raise coins before you d buy fifa points though?
  • DokRock
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    greif44 wrote: »
    They started showing probabilities in FIFA 19, or do you mean something else?

Edit: the picture didn't load when I posted. That's something new

@greif44 No, they don't show probabilities. It's pretty dishonest they way they promote that. < 1% ranges from .99% to .00000001%? Where do you think the card you want lies on that scale? Not going to happen is it?

- DR
  • DokRock
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Gonna be honest though, as somebody that hates microtransactions, this is an ok idea.

Can see what you're getting and decide against spending money beforehand

I know EA will up the pack weight of this to really get some hype around this idea, and im not complaining, if it drops at 5 and I see an Acuna in a preview pack, i'm buying it with coins :joy:

But I can't see how this benefits EA. There will be so many people that think about opening packs, but look at the first 125k pack and the highest is 83 rated so decide against it, and then there will be the not spending FP players that will look just for fun and see a top player in it and open it and prices will fall alot faster so again less people care about opening because the value isn't there. So from my view this look like a lose-lose situation for EA, while being a win-win for us.

people that spend thousands wouldn't care about one pack regardless of its weight

@greif44 This is a great opportunity for people to experiment with it and see just how junk almost every pack is. This is why FIFA points or buying packs with coins is a ripoff. I really hope they keep this feature in however; I'm sure they won't.
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    As someone that does not buy FP and only buys packs at the end of the game cycle (now). I didnt like this at first. But after previewing a few packs for free, I’ve realised this will be a benefit for me if they keep it for Fifa 22. Nothing worth buying in the packs I saw but if they keep it, I get a free roll of the dice everyday. Not a bad thing at all.

Funny thing is I’ve already burned 10mil on packs before this and now I can see the first pack, I’m going to keep the rest of my coins out of principle.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    DokRock wrote: »
    They started showing probabilities in FIFA 19, or do you mean something else?

Edit: the picture didn't load when I posted. That's something new

@greif44 No, they don't show probabilities. It's pretty dishonest they way they promote that. < 1% ranges from .99% to .00000001%? Where do you think the card you want lies on that scale? Not going to happen is it?

- DR
    DokRock wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Gonna be honest though, as somebody that hates microtransactions, this is an ok idea.

Can see what you're getting and decide against spending money beforehand

I know EA will up the pack weight of this to really get some hype around this idea, and im not complaining, if it drops at 5 and I see an Acuna in a preview pack, i'm buying it with coins :joy:

But I can't see how this benefits EA. There will be so many people that think about opening packs, but look at the first 125k pack and the highest is 83 rated so decide against it, and then there will be the not spending FP players that will look just for fun and see a top player in it and open it and prices will fall alot faster so again less people care about opening because the value isn't there. So from my view this look like a lose-lose situation for EA, while being a win-win for us.

people that spend thousands wouldn't care about one pack regardless of its weight

@greif44 This is a great opportunity for people to experiment with it and see just how junk almost every pack is. This is why FIFA points or buying packs with coins is a ripoff. I really hope they keep this feature in however; I'm sure they won't.

@DokRock yeah mate, I totally agree that the way they show "probabilities" is unacceptable at all. I just thought that it was what OP meant when he posted.

As for the people who spend thousands, I'm sure they already know that most of the time pack weight is atrocious.
  • Double_D
    1021 posts Professional
    Not sure it’s been discussed but how do the packs work with lightning rounds? Say there’s 100,000 packs listed. Are those all unique packs? Like if I preview one and don’t buy it, will someone else get that exact same pack at some point? If so, the last half or so of the lighting round batch will probably be all the leftover trash no one wanted.