Update the penalty kicks 🙏

dam611
36 posts Last Pick at the Park
Am I the only one that likes shooting a worn burner penalty kick? Why can’t you hit the ball low...like when the ball is actually rolling on the ground?

Comments

• JWNYsg
    6809 posts Big Money Move
    who usually does that in real life? sorry i am unsure of all these jargons used
  • dam611
    I just want to be able to take low shoot when taking a penalty kick…when the ball isn’t air born, it’s rolling on the ground. It’s not that complicated it’s a realistic and common way of taking penalty kicks. It’s pretty much a pass / shoot usually sending the keeper the other way. You know what I mean?
  • Kevin
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pnub wrote: »
    What they really need to do is remove the head turn while aiming as there should be zero help for the opponent
    This.
  • abhreebhu_45
    4793 posts Big Money Move
    I have missed my last 6 to 7 penalties,,never had such an abysmal record
  • False_Nine
    86 posts Park Captain
    They also need to let us choose the order of PK takers instead of just moving subs to the start of the line (which is ridiculous if your subs are defensive players).

They let you review the order in SB but not WL. Makes no sense but, then again, this is EA, so…
  • abhreebhu_45
    4793 posts Big Money Move
    False_Nine wrote: »
    They also need to let us choose the order of PK takers instead of just moving subs to the start of the line (which is ridiculous if your subs are defensive players).

They let you review the order in SB but not WL. Makes no sense but, then again, this is EA, so…

I said the same thing yesterday
    What's the point of messi,ballack,rooney,drogba in my team,if Luke shaw,fellaini,paqueta get to take first 3??

So much for tactics in game
  • YaBoyDanny
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    Get rid of the head movement. I'm sick of taking a nice penalty for some head glitch to give my opponent help. I think of scored less than half my penalties because of this.
  • RangerCraig
    2940 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah have to push shoot from middle. Then aim as he runs up, takes a bit to get used to it not going wide tho lol
  • TDOF
    7653 posts League Winner
    YaBoyDanny wrote: »
    Get rid of the head movement. I'm sick of taking a nice penalty for some head glitch to give my opponent help. I think of scored less than half my penalties because of this.

There is no head movement if you shoot before aiming... power up and then aim while the player is running up. @YaBoyDanny
  • bberger
    7513 posts League Winner
    edited June 13
    I think the head movement is fine. Gives an extra dimension to penalty kicks and having a good PK taker finally means something.

*and I'ma guy who loses most of his penalty shootouts because the other guy is most of the times better at disguising his shots.
  • Diggy
    15240 posts World Class
    Roll back the penalty kicks the previous method was better
  • Thuq
    1295 posts Professional
    I just use the head movement to my advantage, i try atleast. Aim left/right then take shot then change direction.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    Ever since they added the BS head turning, I miss alot of penalties.
  • dam611
    Diggy wrote: »
    Roll back the penalty kicks the previous method was better
    💯💯💯
  • dam611
    I still don’t understand why you can’t shoot low to the point the ball is rolling on the ground. The ball is always air born I don’t get it. Me no likey the pk aiming mechanism in Fifa 21.
  • YaBoyDanny
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    TDOF wrote: »
    YaBoyDanny wrote: »

There is no head movement if you shoot before aiming... power up and then aim while the player is running up. @YaBoyDanny

Actually? Honestly didn't know that, will give it a go next penalty, cheers bro 👍🏻
  • Bargy611
    216 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Saving penalties should be 1 in 5 chance and not 1 in 3.

Diving low or high should not be considered the same
  • dam611
    Completely agree 💯 It also might help scoring chances if you could actually shoot a worm burner pk 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • dam611
    JWNYsg wrote: »

Watch Cristiano Ronaldo’s 2nd pk against France in the 2021 Euros. You can’t take a low pk like that in Fifa 21…unless there’s something I’m not doing right 🤔

• TheonlywayisS6
    3676 posts National Call-Up
    Need to change the goalkeeper physics too. In real life no keeper in the world is going to save a pen that's blasted into the extreme top corner. Yet on FIFA all they need to do is select the right direction and they teleport across the goal to save it.
  • dam611
    Most def. It’s not like the keeper is Superman. Really disappointed with the pks all around in fifa 21. Why do Canadians make this game no offensive but Canadians know nothing about soccer.
  • Wi1son73
    3634 posts National Call-Up
    Would love to know how to do those chip PK’s like Inception….
  • ForestGrump70
    1079 posts Professional
    And my 99 pens player with a pinpoint pen right in the top bins, should not be saved.
    EVER.
  • ToiletChimp
    216 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Penalties are one of several things that are evidently broken that EA can't be bothered to fix. The head turn shouldn't be so obvious (I try to get round it by doing the shooting before aiming thing but I find it's harder to get an accurate penalty that way as the game will sometimes stop your aiming cursor quite abruptly), you should be able to choose your takers in the order you want (all it would take is a 30 second pause screen which could be ended early by both players hitting 'ready up' or similar), and you shouldn't be able to essentially glitch your way through them by learning how to chip every one into the top corner. I appreciate that's a skill in a way but it's neither realistic nor should it really exist in a video game.
  • bberger
    7513 posts League Winner
    edited June 26
    Need to change the goalkeeper physics too. In real life no keeper in the world is going to save a pen that's blasted into the extreme top corner. Yet on FIFA all they need to do is select the right direction and they teleport across the goal to save it.

That's not completely correct.

Try blasting a green timed into the top corner with a 99 penalties, 99 shot power player (with 3 bars of power).

Unless the GK moves into the direction before the player has kicked the ball he ain't gonna save it (bar maybe Courtois due to his size)
  • Ballerson
    1100 posts Professional
    If 21 was EAs second version, I’d cut the EA squad some slack. Its way past their first version and so many facets are awful its too easy for people to save these…that the order is prefabbed in wl is just another control ea has — just like corner kicks & set pieces, the wrong people in the wrong places that ea pre determines.
  • dam611
    The previous pk method was better. This versions pk system is absolute trash.
  • Fifapayne
    4439 posts National Call-Up
    dam611 wrote: »
    JWNYsg wrote: »

Watch Cristiano Ronaldo’s 2nd pk against France in the 2021 Euros. You can’t take a low pk like that in Fifa 21…unless there’s something I’m not doing right 🤔

I only aim low for all my pens does fine for me
    Try less power
  • dam611
    But not actually rolling on the ground right? I’m lucky if I get get the ball to bounce once before hitting the net.