Eriksen

Comments

• HyperOCD
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seleukos wrote: »
    It is a shame. How on earth could they do that? And don't say: " we play for Christian" or "Christian wants that we Play that Game" what a BS

Why not ?
    They want to.. They need to..
    Eriksen is in better condition, let's just be happy and play football
  • Fifapayne
    4992 posts Big Money Move
    dondark wrote: »
    bberger wrote: »
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Curious question from across the pond,

Are there MDs on the sidelines? Or what type of medical personnel goes out to help athletes?

Usually an MD on scene is required, yes. Even in (organized) Amateur sports.

On scenes yes but not at sidelines tho... They are at tunnels as far as I was told by friend who is medic and attended some matches as it.

yeah, eriksen called his teammates to go on with the game

What a heart he has.
    Champion
  • dondark
    75 posts Park Captain
    It is a shame. How on earth could they do that? And don't say: " we play for Christian" or "Christian wants that we Play that Game" what a BS

why its 🎃🎃🎃🎃?
  • FutsalBros0710
    1686 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zeke1216 wrote: »
    I can not believe the medics took over a minute to react.. clearly took couple stumbles and falling down like that.. they have got to react quicker, I rather have them interrupt the match than be late

That is something it was odd to me aswell. So they are just sitting there until someone waves to them??? They are there to watch out for stuff like that. Not to enjoy the match. Seems that they do not know what is their job.

They jumped on the field right away though ?

Yeah after Poulsen and others started waving toward bench. And that took quiet some time. In scenes like that seconds matter.

I’m a medic and they did everything right from what was showned. They reacted fast and did cpr as well as shocked on scene as quickly as possible. They deserve praise and not to be criticized for saving a man

I am not critisizing what they did. Thank god they did it.
    I am critisizing response time.
    So lets talk hipotheticaly. You walk around and see a person colapsing. Are you rushing towards him to help him or waiting to see if someone will signal you that he needs help?

They were on the field pretty fast. Don’t be deceived by the players waiving for the medical staff , that is a normal human reaction for them asking for help. I hope you don’t seriously think the medical staff was waiting for a player to start waving for help and saying oh I better go in there now. They reacted in a fast adequate time.

Just saying on what I have seen and what it looked like to me. Again I am not critisizing their work which is amazing.
    David12344 wrote: »
    CarpeDiem wrote: »
    Why the hell is there No News, that the game ist cancelled? Is anyone debatting to Go on with the game???

Denmark confirmed the game resumes tonight at 20:30 local time (25 mins)

Imo it should be called off for tonight... Can not even imagine through what teammates went.

He must be fine mate, you’ll be amazed how tough humans are. (Talking about his teammates and him )

I know mate we are tough beeings but still I know I would request sub if I would need to continue match after all that. Could not see my teammate, friend, someone I know or even opponent, total stranger fighting for his/her life and then to be able to concetrate on some kind of task.
  • Seleukos
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    Do you really believe this??? All Players we're shocked. Who of you believe any of the players is in normal mind now? The Show must Go on. That's it. Go away with this pathetic lies
  • HyperOCD
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    So much respect to Finland <3

Last reports saying Eriksen is already out of the hospital
  • Seleukos
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    HyperOCD wrote: »

Why not ?

Why "need" they. If one of your teammates was Just about dying, , you really would say: " oh, OK. He is in hospital. Everything ok, let's Go on"???
  • Fifapayne

Find this hard to believe....
  • FutsalBros0710
    1686 posts Play-Off Hero

Why not ?

No need to actually.

Ffs albanians decided not to play over pitch invaders against Serbia in 2016EURO after their fans provoked reaction during qualifiers where ref could just order to organisator to clear stadium.
    And you are trying to tell me that seeing your teammate beeing reanimated is not worse than what I just described?
  • dondark
    75 posts Park Captain
    Do you really believe this??? All Players we're shocked. Who of you believe any of the players is in normal mind now? The Show must Go on. That's it. Go away with this pathetic lies

the request for playing came from erikson and then the teams agreed to play. The game could be played tomorrow, no issue there.
  • HyperOCD
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero

Find this hard to believe....

Me too but saw it in a few places
    No matter what, it's good to see he's doing better
  • Zeke1216
    2961 posts National Call-Up

Yeah I don’t know about that one. He is definitely going to stay in the hospital after just having cpr done on him. At least a few days
  • FutsalBros0710
    1686 posts Play-Off Hero

Do not believe he is out of hospital. Surely he is staying at observing for some time, even for brain concussion you stay under observation over night.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    The fact he is talking must be a great sign, you have to think back to Nouri who as far as I recall has trouble walking and talking to this day, but correct me if I am wrong.
  • Fifapayne

Do not believe he is out of hospital. Surely he is staying at observing for some time, even for brain concussion you stay under observation over night.

Can’t even get all the testing done that fast either.

Mri, ct scan etc
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Noteworthy i think that in the midst of this Thomas Delaney having the presence of mind to round up his team mates and screen out the cameras......dont know much about about the guy but i thought that was first class in such extreme circumstances 👏
  • Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    Hopefully he's ok, not sure if he'll be able to play again but at least he'll be able to hold his family again.

The coverage of this was disgusting, the producer cutting to pictures of his team mates, fans, his wife and trying to sneak a peak through the wall of players. Absolute scum.
    I know the BBC get the feed from uefa and simply relay the pictures but the fact they didn't just cut to the studio is sickening.
    Whoever was in charge of production was looking for the glory shot and BBC didn't say "this is bad taste" let's cut the feed. What do I expect from an organisation that covered up Saville. But 🎃🎃🎃🎃 the BBC and 🎃🎃🎃🎃 Uefa. I don't care if Eriksen wanted the game to continue, it shouldn't have.

Truth be told the players haven't had a proper break in over a year. Majority of the time playing every 3 days, to fit into their schedule. This tournament shouldn't have even taken place. Give them a rest and reset at the start of next season. Money grabbing 🎃🎃🎃🎃
  • NornIron
    15362 posts World Class
    edited June 12
    Match shouldn't have been play simple as that, will 100% definitely still be in Hospital. He had to be resuscitated.
  • Fifapayne
    NornIron wrote: »
    Match shouldn't have been play simple as that, will 100% definitely still be in Hospital. He had to be resuscitated.

We should wait for further details. We are not for sure he was resuscitated unless they’ve recently said they had.
  • NornIron
    15362 posts World Class

We should wait for further details. We are not for sure he was resuscitated unless they’ve recently said they had.

They used the defibrillator on him so his heart must have stopped.
  • Fifapayne
    edited June 12

You can put an AED on him and it advises you on what to do.
    Doesn’t mean it actually shocked.

I’ll wait and see the further details though.
  • bberger
    7836 posts League Winner

You could see the defibrillator shocking him on the disgusting broadcast between heart massages...
  • Fifapayne

You could see the defibrillator shocking him on the disgusting broadcast between heart massages...

Heart massage? They cut his chest open?
  • pes1972
    886 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 12
    Danish head-coach has confirmed the players wanted to finish the game tonight. Use google translate if you don´t believe it :

https://sport.tv2.dk/fodbold/2021-06-12-spillerne-ville-have-kampen-overstaaet-siger-hjulmand
  • oldboiler
    4777 posts National Call-Up
    Whatever happened, medical professionals, fans, refs, players on the pitch specifically players like Kjaer, so much to reflect on in awe…what an absolute triumph for humanity
  • Berbatov9
    85 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Im glad hes ok. Just wondering why he dropped...u guys think he will play again or retire?
  • Zeke1216
    2961 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 12

Heart massage? They cut his chest open?

He probably means cpr , they did resuscitate him though. You only do cpr on people with no pulse.

Also danish doctor did say they had to.
  • Grahammbe2
    877 posts Professional
    Having had to deal with a few myself just because they being professional dont mean they have to look like they are rushing
    As the outcome proved.
    Btw I think EA should withdraw his card from the sbc.
    Maybe replace it with a kit or something
  • stevotrueblue
    1395 posts Play-Off Hero
    Grahammbe2 wrote: »
    Having had to deal with a few myself just because they being professional dont mean they have to look like they are rushing
    As the outcome proved.
    Btw I think EA should withdraw his card from the sbc.
    Maybe replace it with a kit or something

Not an sbc its an objective. But why withdraw it? Seems he is recovering well, even asked his teammates to play on. We have absolutely no idea at this point what even happened. Could even have been undetected Covid or some other virus that caused it.
    Even a heart issue isnt a death sentence in this day and age. One of my teams own players Conner Goldsen has had a past heart issue,, and look at the season hes just had. Not only winning league going unbeaten, but the guy played nearly every game!!
    IF it turns out to be Ruben De La Red moment,, then thankfully it was found in time.
    All we can do is wish him all the best.
    Btw,, his FOF card is pretty good. I have played him as a cam in a cm position in a 442, and in WL so far hes got 7 goals in 9 games, and about 5 assts.
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    Let’s avoid speculating on the next steps for him/causes/tests etc. Try and stick to facts only.

The important message everyone should take from this is CPR saves lives. If you don’t know how to do it then spend 5 minutes reading this - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/first-aid/cpr/