A.S. Roma

Elmaggico
143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited September 2015
A.S. Roma
“LA ROMA NON SI DISCUTE SI AMA”

2e56f8c88c4f7e11405bcebf90bcf17c.png

Full name: Associazione Sportiva Roma SpA
Nickname(s): i Giallorossi (The Yellow-Reds), La Maggica (The Magic One), i Lupi (The Wolves)
Founded: 22 July 1927 (by Italo Foschi)
Ground: Stadio Olimpico
Capacity: 70,634
Owner: DiBenedetto AS Roma LLC
President: James Pallotta
Head coach: Rudi García
Official Club Site: http://www.asroma.it/

Curva Sud

b1f0160e0290e956078ac97bf8813d9a.png

2015-2016 Kits

389ec6d460f7a4aed54a2187c3bf83e6.pngf9a342e8807815ed207cec4269edd202.png

Players

f9360fd6d2fc38faf1d9aac8964a17aa.png
08211f85a0334374db66273dd7ea2b2c.png
932f77a8335274d6519e098a73688cd4.png
2202d90e62bf3f7735fa9591fa508c43.png
Post edited by Elmaggico on

Comments

• Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    Do you think Garcia should be fired after the spectacular way you've bottled this season? I really thought he'd established a steady platform for Roma to regularly compete for the title again but you're currently at risk of missing out on the CL.
  • Elmaggico
    edited April 2015
    Do you think Garcia should be fired after the spectacular way you've bottled this season? I really thought he'd established a steady platform for Roma to regularly compete for the title again but you're currently at risk of missing out on the CL.

I firmly stand by him and believe he should be kept as head coach. It's heart breaking to see or current form, what has caused our form to dip? Clearly injuries (Castan and Strootman)and possibly bad purchases during the winter transfer period (Doumbia and Ibarbo). Not to mention small injuries along the way, to be fair to doumbia and Ibarbo they haven't really had enough time with the team to adjust to the pressures of playing for Roma. It's going to be a battle to the very end with Lazio and Napoli for champions league, especially this Saturday versus Napoli.
  • Edoardo
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    Elmaggico wrote: »
    what has caused our form to dip ?

- Castan and Strootman injuries
    - Bad transfer markets ( Iturbe , Cole , Doumbia , Ibarbo )
    - Benatia not replaced adequately
    - De Rossi and Totti declining
  • Sad to see them not in form.
  • Andy
    7865 posts League Winner
    Edoardo wrote: »

Cole has been that bad?
  • Edoardo
    Andy wrote: »

Cole has been that bad?

Yeah definitely and he's been surpassed in the pecking order by Holebas
  • RazeReQ17
    58 posts Park Captain
    edited April 2015

Cole has been that bad?

- Garcia sticking with 4-3-3 without a single change (even after Bayern clash, injury problems etc.)
    - f****** Iturbe (has to be the our worst transfer)
    - physio coaches
    - Garcia vs Sabatini
    - everybody in Serie A learned Gerv's style of running and doing f'n nothing

I can't even think of losing our Europe spot to Lazio and Napoli, whole season will be like one big train wreck then.
  • Elmaggico

Cole has been that bad?

Cole has been below average, nothing special. Holebas has suprised me, one of our better players this year. I been fairly satisfied with Manolas as well, sure he is not a goal scoring treat like Mehdi, but playing styles are similar. I wish things with Mehdi would have been resolved properly, he would have got his deserved contract and stayed with the team.
  • Elmaggico
    RazeReQ17 wrote: »

Cole has been that bad?

- Garcia sticking with 4-3-3 without a single change (even after Bayern clash, injury problems etc.)
    - f****** Iturbe (has to be the our worst transfer)
    - physio coaches
    - Garcia vs Sabatini
    - everybody in Serie A learned Gerv's style of running and doing f'n nothing

I can't even think of losing our Europe spot to Lazio and Napoli, whole season will be like one big train wreck then.

Yeah sometimes I wish we would change to 433-4 or 4231, to give us more of an attack. Not sure how much of a difference it would make though, as everyone in the Serie A park the bus against us. I still think Iturbe can be a great player, just needs more time to mature, he shown sparks brilliance. If he doesn't will be the worst flop of Roma history. Sabatani is on the hot seat, If we make it into CL and he makes a few good signings things will be back to normal. On Gervinho, its hard to make things happen when there are 5 guys marking you, he needs more space to be effective.
  • Edoardo
    Cattura.png
  • Elmaggico
    Big time win today, De Sanctis made some crucial saves. Let's hope for a Lazio loss or draw :)
  • Edoardo
    Roma will definitely drop to 4th place if they keep playing so bad
  • 1Claudio9
    16414 posts World Class

Cole has been that bad?

Cole has been below average, nothing special. Holebas has suprised me, one of our better players this year. I been fairly satisfied with Manolas as well, sure he is not a goal scoring treat like Mehdi, but playing styles are similar. I wish things with Mehdi would have been resolved properly, he would have got his deserved contract and stayed with the team.
    I can understand you, Benatia is awesome
  • Elmaggico
    Roma will definitely drop to 4th place if they keep playing so bad

We are turning it around, Napoli's loss to empoli helps. The derby will be super important, should be an interesting finish. B)

• Elmaggico
    Back in second :)
  • Edoardo
    Cattura2.png
  • roma
    87 posts Park Captain
    I am surprised we have a Roma thread on the forum. Hopefully we can get this updated before the season kicks off. Daje
  • Elmaggico
    Will update in the coming days, waiting for dzeko, and Digne to arrive
  • G000ner
    4389 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2015
    How did Szczesny do on his debut yesterday/day before?
  • Nem
    5902 posts Big Money Move
    G000ner wrote: »
    How did Szczesny do on his debut yesterday/day before?

@G000ner
  • Edoardo
    Salah is official
  • roma
    87 posts Park Captain
    This club is in trouble.
  • roma
    87 posts Park Captain
    JfuwyRE.png
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    roma wrote: »
    This club is in trouble.

Why? Szczesny, Salah, Dzeko and Digne are all good signings, imo.
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
    CMFD94ZVEAAALl9.jpg
    :lol:
  • roma
    87 posts Park Captain
    roma wrote: »
    This club is in trouble.

Why? Szczesny, Salah, Dzeko and Digne are all good signings, imo.

There are way too many forwards on the squad and very little quality. The depth for the backline is terrible. Roma continues to spend so much money but fails to build a balanced squad or bring in a marquee big player. Instead nearly 100 million is spent on forwards and maybe one is above mediocrity.
  • roma
    87 posts Park Captain
    Doumbia sent out on loan to CSKA Moskva. Now can we all finally agree that this transfer was a complete flop?

Sanabria sent out on loan to Gijon.
  • roma
    87 posts Park Captain
    11703541_903296686397813_799086399227046382_o.jpg

BALZARETTI ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT AND NEW ROLE AT ROMA

08/12/2015

Federico Balzaretti has announced his retirement from football at a press conference in Trigoria
    this lunchtime.

"It has been a very difficult decision, but one I’ve had to make as a result of the injury problems that prevent me from playing at 100%: I have to retire," he declared.
    Balzaretti also revealed his new role with the Giallorossi: "I’m going to be working with youngsters out on loan. It’s a role I like the look of because I’ll be working with players at the most delicate time of their careers."

The 33-year-old defender, who joined Roma in the summer of 2012, made 44 appearances for the side in all competitions. He scored one goal – that unforgettable, emotional strike in the Giallorossi’s 2-0 derby win over Lazio in September 2013.

Speaking to the press today, Balzaretti was keen to thank the Roma staff for their efforts in helping him return to the squad and play one last Serie A match, against Palermo last season. He also thanked his family, the coaches of all the clubs he’s played for, all of his team-mates over the years and even the referees, journalists and club staff. There was also a special mention for the fans, which Balzaretti described as "the real reason why we do this job".

After his announcement, Balzaretti fielded questions from the floor:

What next? How motivated are you for future challenges?
    "I’m extremely motivated. My voice is betraying me a bit because I’m very emotional, but inside I feel completely calm. I feel that it’s right for me to remain in football in a behind-the-scenes role – I want to do that. The role we’ve spoken about doesn’t actually exist at Roma just now. Initially I’ll work with youngsters who are out on loan. I like the sound of it because I’ll be working with players at the most delicate time of their careers. I remember when I went out on loan to Varese at the age of 17 – those two or three years after you come out of the youth academy and maybe go out on loan are the most important in becoming a fully fledged footballer. There may be other roles in the future and we’ll talk about that, Roma is a big family so we’ll collaborate on everything."

Has Sabatini given you any advice?
    "No, he’s only told me that he’ll need me and my collaboration. The first thing he said to me was to go and do my director of sport course in September. I asked to do that because it’s a role that I’d like to take on in ten or fifteen years’ time. I’ve known Walter for six years, since we were at Palermo. I have a special relationship with him and on a professional level I think he’s a fantastic director of sport, maybe the best around right now."

A lot has been made of your important role in the locker room in recent months, but you won’t have direct contact with the first team any more.
    "In the short term I preferred not to work with them – I’m too involved and know the guys too well. You need a bit of detachment and I think it’s an intelligent decision to maintain that. I need to study, gain experience and then in time I hope to be up to the task of working with the first team."

Is the derby goal you scored against Lazio the best moment of your career?
    "It was certainly a special moment, but there have been so many amazing moments so putting them in order is a tough task. My last game with Roma against Palermo was definitely one of the best moments of my career, perhaps because it’s such a recent memory."

Was there a particular time when you made up your mind to retire, or was it a gradual decision taken alongside the club?
    "It was a gradual decision. Unfortunately I couldn’t promise Roma or any other club a good level of performance. When you have an injury like mine without any possibilities for treatment, you have to take a look in the mirror, put your conscience to the test and tell yourself that you’re no longer able to provide the required level of professionalism."

Roma have a lot of players out on loan. Are there any in particular that you think you can bring back and help them carve out a successful career here?
    "I know the guys well and some of them are ready. For example, I’ll tell you now that Antonio Sanabria – who’s just gone out on loan – is probably one of the players who’s most ready to come back and play. He’s a first-team player. I’ll follow all of the players in the same way because everyone deserves a chance. They need to feel like their club, Roma, is watching them every day, monitoring them. It’s very important for them to have that motivation and feel like they have a chance to come back and be a part of this fantastic group."